x

Share | 

Matthew Stafford QB DET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Mon May 21, 2012 11:54 am

So, many of you know that Stafford is far and away my favorite player. I think he is just all kinds of awesome and I couldn't be happier that he is the QB for the Lions. When you read good stories like this, it just helps me confirm he's one of the good ones. The blog by the mother of child who got the gift from Stafford wrote a really nice article (linked at the bottom).

Stafford rock on :love2:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120521/SPORTS0101/205210321/1004/

Quote :

Ann Arbor— Detroit Lions quarterback Matt Stafford made the winning bid of $15,000 on a Lions-Bears Monday night football package that he actually donated to send a University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital patient and her family to the game in late October.

Stafford and his girlfriend, Kelly Hall, sat with Faith Falzone, who is having surgery this week, and her brother, Will, during the Griese-Hutchinson-Woodson fundraiser gala Saturday night.

Stafford was so moved by their family's story, he got into a bidding war on his own auction gift, including six tickets - two provided by ESPN broadcaster and Ann Arbor resident Mike Tirico.

The game is Oct. 22 at Soldier Field.

"They have been through so much in the past couple years, and to see how much they all supported each other and faith through their tough times was really inspiring," Stafford said in a text message.

"I wanted to give them something they could really be excited about and something I know they deserved."

Former Michigan players Brian Griese, Steve Hutchinson and Charles Woodson back the annual weekend event that included a dinner Saturday night and golf outing featuring a number of former Michigan players Sunday at U-M golf course.

The event raised $1.35 million for the hospital this year and has raised just more than $5.5 million over six years.

Hutchinson said he was touched by the generosity of Stafford, a Georgia alum.

"Let's be honest, the state of Michigan hasn't gone through the greatest times with the economy and the jobs around here," Hutchinson said Sunday at the golf outing.

"To have a guy that's from Georgia get drafted by the Lions and be a very integral part of that team turning their franchise around and then to be able to come to a U-M event that he has no affiliation with and donate $15,000 and buy his own tickets that he donated and then give them to a family whose daughter is going to have surgery in the next couple days here … you couldn't write a better fictional story if you had to."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120521/SPORTS0101/205210321#ixzz1vWIH0Av7

And here is the blog for the mother of the kid who got the auction win from Stafford: http://myfaithsjourney.com/2012/05/21/matt-stafford-from-the-inside-out/#comments

Got a little dusty in here reading it.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Mon May 21, 2012 12:05 pm

And that's why he was the most expensive player I own Laughing

Well that and he's a damn good QB.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Mon May 21, 2012 12:43 pm

Hope he doesn't fall on that shoulder... :devil:

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Mon May 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:

Yeah the moral fibre has to come from somewhere other than the GM for the legionnaires ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Mon May 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

Yeah the moral fibre has to come from somewhere other than the GM for the legionnaires ROTFLMAO

Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:16 am

Quote :
Matthew Stafford looked ready for the regular season in Friday's preseason game against the Ravens, completing 12-of-17 passes for 184 yards and two touchdowns. Analysis: Stafford racked up his numbers in little more than a quarter and a half of play. He found both Calvin Johnson and Titus Young for scores. Picking on Jimmy Smith, Stafford and Megatron hooked up for five catches and 111 yards. Stafford also took a handful of big hits, but immediately sprung up each time. He's locked and loaded as a top-five fantasy option at quarterback.

Damn he looked good.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:15 am

I love what he can do. If healthy he is top 3 this year, no doubt in my mind.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:20 am

Oh god this is going to be a great year for stafford and johnson combo.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Quote :
Quarterback Matthew Stafford hurt his nonthrowing hand and had to come out of the game Saturday's exhibition match-up against the Raiders.

Analysis: Stafford had been 8-for-10 with 68 yards before the injury. The injury seems pretty minor and we're guessing Stafford is still on schedule to start Week 1 against St. Louis.

Helmet to the hand. Should be fine.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:50 pm

Quote :
Quarterback Matthew Stafford hurt his nonthrowing hand and had to come out of the game Saturday's exhibition match-up against the Raiders.

Analysis: Stafford had been 8-for-10 with 68 yards before the injury. The injury seems pretty minor and we're guessing Stafford is still on schedule to start Week 1 against St. Louis.

Helmet to the hand. Should be fine.

Thanks, Doctor Burns. :devil:

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:04 am

Love this kid, but he is like the Fred Taylor of QBs...

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:09 am

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
I love what he can do. If healthy he is top 3 this year, no doubt in my mind.

Key word there is IF and that is a big IF.

My question is Who's your backup QB?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:10 am

Quote :
X-rays came back negative on Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford's injured left hand.

Analysis: Stafford was playing well before hurting his hand and was probably taken out of the game simply as a precaution. This shouldn't affect Stafford's draft status in fantasy leagues.

He's all good.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:56 am

Please stay healthy. Have him in a lot of leagues.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:27 am

We have mentioned him for a while.

What is up here?

This is a large game for Stafford today. 2 TD's and 4 INT's is a horrible start.

Can he break this trend against the inept Titans today? If not, I don't think it bodes well for Stafford owners.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:34 am

I have to agree with Demons. Stafford owners put a lot of stock in his success last year and he simply doent look good. It is a small sample size but another bad game woukd be worrisome.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:12 pm

Quote :
Matthew Stafford completed 33-of-42 passes for 278 yards and a touchdown before leaving the Lions' Week 3 loss to the Titans with a strained leg muscle. Analysis: Stafford was injured late in the fourth quarter while chasing down Titans cornerback Alterraun Verner after he stripped and returned a Brandon Pettigrew fumble for a touchdown. It's a situation that we will monitor throughout the week. During his action, though, Stafford was limited to throwing passes underneath for much of the afternoon.

cry2

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:07 am

Yikes. Stafford owners just shit their collective pants

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:25 am

And after Hill's day......

can you say QB controversy?

Cool

Kidding

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:23 am

Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter hears that Matthew Stafford is dealing with a hip injury, not a hamstring issue as previously reported.

Analysis: Both the Lions and Stafford himself have refused to shed any light on the injury publicly. Schefter says he'd be "surprised" if Stafford practiced on Wednesday or Thursday, but "senses" he'll tough it out in Week 4. Owners need to roster capable backup Shaun Hill while we wait for more details to emerge.

Mad

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:44 am

The preseason darlings Stafford and Newton are slipping slowly. RG3, Ryan, Flacco, Ponder look like they should have been the plays

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Quote :
Updating a previous item, Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford (leg) will likely play in Week 4 despite not practicing Wednesday, Sept. 26. Stafford showed no obvious signs of injury as he walked out for the session.

Analysis: Despite missing practice, this is great news for Stafford owners and the Lions offense, though Shaun Hill stepped in and performed admirably when Stafford went down. He should be back on the practice field soon enough, hopefully having shaken off the funk he was in to start the season

troll

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:29 pm

OK, what is up here? This guy is just making tons of bad decisions. Is it the O-Line, not sure, I'm asking. He is going to cost some folks some leagues this year....(Justin).....he is also killing Megatron owners, although I think some of that is the fact coverage has been very very good on Calvin. That being said, he caught some balls last year in this type of coverage because Stafford put it in the right spot. I know, Calvin dropped a couple last night, but I think he was surprised they were close........

Beginning to be really glad I only own him in 2 leagues.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:42 pm

in RW scoring he's currently ranked 9th in PPG. Not terrible but absolutely not preforming to the amount paid for him. Honestly, and everyone can call me crazy if you want, but I think the lack of Kevin Smith or Best is really hurting him. K. Smith and Best are the best backs they have in regards to catching passes out of the backfield and quick screens.

Just for fun...

Last year games 1-6 where Best played.

Stafford PPG: 21.47 PPG

In the games Kevin Smith was playing:

Stafford PPG: 23.26

In the games neither played (3):

Stafford PPG: 18.06

So now there's no Smith and no Best and he's averaging 18.41 points. Until Detroit can establish the run game with a good pass catching back defenses can just pressure, pressure, pressure and play coverage.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:35 pm

in RW scoring he's currently ranked 9th in PPG. Not terrible but absolutely not preforming to the amount paid for him. Honestly, and everyone can call me crazy if you want, but I think the lack of Kevin Smith or Best is really hurting him. K. Smith and Best are the best backs they have in regards to catching passes out of the backfield and quick screens.

Just for fun...

So now there's no Smith and no Best and he's averaging 18.41 points. Until Detroit can establish the run game with a good pass catching back defenses can just pressure, pressure, pressure and play coverage.

Okay, you're crazy! Evil laugh

Leshoure has caught 17 of 20 passes chucked his way in 4 games. That's a pretty good total and ratio. Certainly as good as those two broken bodied fellas.

The problem ain't the RB play. It is something with Stafford, he ain't right in the head or something. He has not hit Megatron for jack diddly in the way of TD's. Hell, he has only tossed 5 TD's in total period. The OL is mediocre at best, and that piece of shit they call a 'D could not make an apple turnover let alone cause a turnover. I think Stafford is pressing and playing from behind too much. If the lack of Kevin "call me a doctor" Smith is the problem, well that is just in a word "sad". This guy is walking err limping definition of journey man. In the previous two seasons Smith had 11 for 123 yds and 22 catches for 179 yds. As for Best yeah he had talent, but in his two season he had 58 catches and just under 500 yds, and in 6 games had 27 catches for just under 300 yds. Therefore, that is 69 catches and 49 catches from those two combined.

That's the view from my desk ... coffee

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:

Just for fun...

Okay, you're crazy! Evil laugh

Leshoure has caught 17 of 20 passes chucked his way in 4 games. That's a pretty good total and ratio. Certainly as good as those two broken bodied fellas.

The problem ain't the RB play. It is something with Stafford, he ain't right in the head or something. He has not hit Megatron for jack diddly in the way of TD's. Hell, he has only tossed 5 TD's in total period. The OL is mediocre at best, and that piece of shit they call a 'D could not make an apple turnover let alone cause a turnover. I think Stafford is pressing and playing from behind too much. If the lack of Kevin "call me a doctor" Smith is the problem, well that is just in a word "sad". This guy is walking err limping definition of journey man. In the previous two seasons Smith had 11 for 123 yds and 22 catches for 179 yds. As for Best yeah he had talent, but in his two season he had 58 catches and just under 500 yds, and in 6 games had 27 catches for just under 300 yds. Therefore, that is 69 catches and 49 catches from those two combined.

That's the view from my desk ... coffee
Joique Bell has also been catching quite a lot... The lions offense is just shit when the D shuts down Megatron

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:13 pm

He looked terrible last night. He's actually playing worse than his numbers suggest.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:17 pm

OVERRATED player. I have said from day 1 that I don't see what everyone else sees in him. I think Calvin Johnson has hidden a lot of the sucky here and now its caught up to them. You can continue to ignore it if you wish and I am sure he'll still score plenty of points as he is lucky enough to have weapons around him but if he were on the Rams, he would be hoping he could do what Bradford can do. Wouldn't it be nice if Sam could fuckin have half the tools to work with that Stafford has had.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:03 pm

I wouldn't say Stafford is overrated because I don't think anyone was putting him in the category of Brady, Rodgers, or Brees.

He is solidly in that next category of guys like Flacco, Romo, Rivers, etc... Guys that are playing, always showing flashes of brilliance at times, but ultimately, never going to be the sole reason their team wins.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:05 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
I wouldn't say Stafford is overrated because I don't think anyone was putting him in the category of Brady, Rodgers, or Brees.

You and I are obviously speaking to different people cuz Stafford has been a ballhair below those 3 with alot of folks I talk to for some time now. Its sickening.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:08 pm

Well those people are freaking retarded. lol

His biggest test was trying to stay healthy and remain on a football field for 16 games. It's quite a stretch to go from that to top 5 in the league.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:06 pm

His biggest test was trying to stay healthy and remain on a football field for 16 games. It's quite a stretch to go from that to top 5 in the league.

Justin???????

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

talk about man-love.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:45 pm

He did a little more than just stay healthy for 16 games - putting up 5,000 yards and 41 TD's is pretty impressive.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:11 pm

In an inflated year where we had a ton of 4k and 5k passers. It was a very good season. Not enough to say he's one of the best. He's not as good as he looks at times, but he's surely not as bad as he looks at times. He's a middle of the road guy, maybe slightly above average. But at the same time, when defenses take Calvin away... Look at his stats then. Terrible.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:26 pm

Quote :
Matthew Stafford's three-year extension will reportedly be worth $53 million, and include $41.5 million guaranteed. Analysis: The deal reportedly includes a $27.5 million signing bonus, and will net Stafford $76.5 million between now and 2017. It's expected to clear a combined $7 million in cap space the next two seasons. Stafford was set to count $20.8 million against the cap in 2013, and $19.3 million in 2014. The pact should be officially announced within the next 48 hours.

Go Lions! Laughing

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:05 pm

Laughing Now he only counts $33M against the cap instead of $40M over the next 2 years. I'd have made him play out this year anyway. It seems unlikely that he'd Flacco his way into a bigger contract than this...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:28 pm

Very sensible for both parties. No matter if anyone doesn't like him, or think's he' over-rated, he's a franchise NFL QB who is still young. It's a passing league and they ain't gonna do any better than Stafford for the next few years.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:03 am

worth. every. penny.

He's my favorite player in the league and it's not really even close. I hope he never leaves detroit.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:13 am

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:24 am

When he arrived in Detroit with his girlfriend, the hotness quotient of the whole damn city went up 42.38%. She's ridiculous.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:39 am

Quote :
Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford became the fastest quarterback in NFL history to reach 15,000 yards, accomplishing the feat in Week 8 against the Dallas Cowboys, his 53rd career game.
:love2: 

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:00 pm

I don't necessarily want to bag on Stafford but I have never understood the love either...I believe in a Calvinless world that Stafford would be ho-hum for sure.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:10 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I don't necessarily want to bag on Stafford but I have never understood the love either...I believe in a Calvinless world that Stafford would be ho-hum for sure.
He would be. They have NOBODY else to throw to. I have a huge man crush on Stafford.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:10 pm

He would be.  They have NOBODY else to throw to.  I have a huge man crush on Stafford.
Get in the queue, mister!

I love him more than you do...

slap 

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:12 pm

England Dragons wrote:
He would be.  They have NOBODY else to throw to.  I have a huge man crush on Stafford.

slap 
I doubt that very much! I have his Chrome Refactor Rookie Card hanging next to me at work.

Sandwiched between two Calvin Rookies.

I might be a Lions fan...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:13 pm

England Dragons wrote:

slap 
I doubt that very much!  I have his Chrome Refactor Rookie Card hanging next to me at work.

Ha! I keep his Chrome Refractor Rookie Card in my pants.

Loser!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:21 pm

England Dragons wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

slap 
I doubt that very much!  I have his Chrome Refactor Rookie Card hanging next to me at work.

Loser!
Wow that's dedication. I just wear around his used jock strap.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:26 pm

England Dragons wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

slap 

Loser!
Wow that's dedication.  I just wear around his used jock strap.
Ha! I eat breakfast out of his other unwashed jock strap! I spit on your dedication!

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:15 am

scratch 

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Matthew Stafford QB DET   Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:09 am

loser loser loser loser loser loser loser 

sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick 

surprised2 surprised2 surprised2 surprised2 surprised2 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content