:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

2017 Main League Draft Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Mon May 22, 2017 3:13 pm

Let's play a game. I want you to state three things. Take a look at your draft, and answer these:

1- Your Favorite Pick
2- Your Least Favorite Pick
3- Your Late Round Magic (Someone who you think could surprise)
Bonus- Who was the biggest reach/Bust of the draft in RW?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Mon May 22, 2017 3:22 pm

I will start:

My Favorite Pick
2.07 LB Reuben Foster

I just traded away Jamie Collins for three 2nd Round picks and I think I may have replaced him with Foster, who I love. I didn't think I would get him in the back half of the 2nd.

My Least Favorite Pick
6.12 QB CJ Beathard

I took a stab here, because the 49ers have a trash heap at the position, but I do not like the pick at all. I typically draft a QB late, and I have not had tons of success. This will probably be another case.

Late Round Magic
7.11 RB Elijah Hood

I like this kid, but I LOVE the situation. When Fatty Lynch realizes coming back sounded better than it actually was, Hood will get his shot. Championship.

Biggest Reach in RW
1.05 Myles Garrett

Ouch. Just ouch. Not only will he be an NFL bust, but Ian will forever regret this one. Picking him at 1.05 was shocking, and it almost made me throw up.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Mon May 22, 2017 3:40 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Let's play a game. I want you to state three things. Take a look at your draft, and answer these:

1- Your Favorite Pick
1 - McCaffrey
2 - Hooker
3 - Conner
bonus - was trying to find someone on the TT side but Garrett at 1.5 is hard to beat

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Mon May 22, 2017 5:54 pm

Favorite pick was Joe Mixon. I have been waiting at least 3 months to make that pick.
Least favorite pick was Kenny Golladay. Not that I don't like Golladay, I am not happy about him in Detroit because we'll it's the Lions and they suck.
Late round magic is going to be Tarik Cohen. I like his personality more than his opportunity and definitely the team is shit.

Bonus is Chad Kelly. I am not going to call it a bust, extremely surprised Russ jumped that early, but it's Russ and I am a "go get your guy" guy too. I would think he could have got him in the 6th though.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Tue May 23, 2017 2:43 am

1-None
2-None
3-None
Bonus: ALL!!

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Tue May 23, 2017 3:55 am

Favorite Pick - John Ross (2.05, Las Vegas Degenerates)
Unbelievable value for a guy picked 9th overall in the draft.

Least Favorite Pick - Zay Jones (1.12, Rocky Mountain Oysters)
Myles Garrett was a poor pick for me as well but at least he is a great talent. Zay Jones is just average at everything.

Late Round Magic - Aaron Jones (6.11, Philadelphia Pigskins)
This guy is talented and is in a great situation. Would not be surprised if he gets more playing time than JamaaL Williams.

BONUS - Reuben Foster (2.07, 2.08)
Major injury concerns for me. Won't play a snap in the NFL.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Tue May 23, 2017 4:51 am

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Favorite Pick - John Ross (2.05, Las Vegas Degenerates)
Unbelievable value for a guy picked 9th overall in the draft.

Least Favorite Pick - Zay Jones (1.12, Rocky Mountain Oysters)
Myles Garrett was a poor pick for me as well but at least he is a great talent. Zay Jones is just average at everything.

Late Round Magic - Aaron Jones (6.11, Philadelphia Pigskins)
This guy is talented and is in a great situation. Would not be surprised if he gets more playing time than JamaaL Williams.

BONUS - Reuben Foster (2.07, 2.08)
Major injury concerns for me. Won't play a snap in the NFL.

John Ross scares me. But at 2.05 it isnt as big of a scare.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Tue May 23, 2017 6:52 am

Well this is easy:

Favorite pick: Malachi Dupre - low risk, high potential reward
Lease favorite pick - Wayne Gallman - seriously, what was I thinking taking a Giants RB
Late Round Magic - Malachi Dupre (I only have one option here)
Bonus - It's probably Garrett for me. 1.05 just seems really high for a DE, but being new to IDP, it is entirely possible I have no idea what I am talking about.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Tue May 23, 2017 8:28 am

California Nightmare wrote:
Favorite pick was Joe Mixon. I have been waiting at least 3 months to make that pick.
Least favorite pick was Kenny Golladay. Not that I don't like Golladay, I am not happy about him in Detroit because we'll it's the Lions and they suck.
Late round magic is going to be Tarik Cohen. I like his personality more than his opportunity and definitely the team is shit.

Bonus is Chad Kelly. I am not going to call it a bust, extremely surprised Russ jumped that early, but it's Russ and I am a "go get your guy" guy too. I would think he could have got him in the 6th though.

The Kelly pick was certainly too early but there was some thought behind that. Without taxi squads I likely have to give him a 4 or 5 year contract to really see what he can do. But he scares me too much to give him that long of a contract because there probably is a 90% chance that he completely busts. So I'm going to stash him on my taxi squad. But I don't want to hold him for 3 years and have someone poach him if he does turn out to be good so I really had to take him early to put a high price tag on him on the taxi squad. If someone wants to give me a 2nd for him, you can have him.

If I had fewer picks I would have probably waited until the 4th or 5th but I had the luxury of doing some stupid things with some picks.

As for my thoughts on my picks, my favorite was probably Jonnu Smith. It may take 2 years to see what he can do but I think that he can be the replacement for Walker.

My least favorite was Anzalone. I really missed out on LBs throughout the draft and needed to get one. I had actually considered him in the 5th before trading away my 4 picks at the end of the round.

My late round magic is hopefully Brissett.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Tue May 23, 2017 8:39 am

1- Samaje Perine (2.11). Think he takes over the skins RB job. Was a contender for my pick when I had the 1.12, so glad to get him at 2.11.

2- D'Onta Foreman (3.11). Took him here as I thought the value was good, but not someone I was targeting. Will probably put him on my taxi squad since I'd be fine with him being poached.

3- Elijah Hood (7.11). Don't see Lynch lasting all season.

4- Based on my History of the Pick, 90% of the picks in the draft, so it doesn't really matter where they went.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Tue May 23, 2017 10:21 am

I'm insulted by the Miles G hate so I'm boycotting this thread shrug tongue

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Tue May 23, 2017 2:29 pm

Favorite pick: Drafting Zach Cunningham at 2.11

Least Favorite: None! I mean I only had two picks

Late Round: Josh Jones at 6.10! Burnett is in a contract year and I can see the team not resigning him. So that leaves JJ as the heir to the starting SS spot!

Bust: Have to go with the majority here, and say Garrett. Way to early to draft a DE

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Tue May 23, 2017 2:56 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I'm insulted by the Miles G hate so I'm boycotting this thread shrug tongue

I dont think he hates him as much as he hates how early he went

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Tue May 23, 2017 3:59 pm

1- Your Favorite Pick
DeShaun Watson. Rightly or wrongly, I think he's a QB1 in a couple of years. The cost of picking up solid QB's in this league is prohibitive anywhere but the draft unless they are toward the end of their careers, so good to get a young 'un.

Mike Williams. He was good value at 1.08 but I'm not convinced yet.

James Connor @ 5.01. He's a back up to Le'Veon this year until he gets injured or banned. And no guarantee they pay him next year so Connor could be part of a committee in a good offense. Just hoping he recovers his previous burst after beating cancer. If he did play at 70% last year and can get back close to 90%, watch out.

Sorry Ian. Garrett will be a good player but 1.05 is crazy high. It's always easier said than done but I'd imagine you could have traded down to the 1.10 range without risking losing him. Even if you got crap value - like a 2018 3rd or something - you'd still have been better off in the long term. He's the biggest reach for me.

Biggest potential bust is Mahomes at 2.03 by me. Complete boom / bust. He's either a QB1 or complete trash. Again, due to QB price, he's worth the risk.

cheers

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Tue May 23, 2017 4:57 pm

1. Fournette at 1.2. I thought he'd be the 1.1 for sure.
2. Kamara at 1.8. I think Brees is gone from New Orleans by the time Kamara gets his shot. Closely followed by Kizer at 2.6. I unfortunately need to QB of the future. Boom or Bust. But he's on Cleveland so that's bad.
3. Dart board.
Bonus. Trubisky bust. Just not enough college starts.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Tue May 23, 2017 5:37 pm

My take:

Favorite Pick? OJ

Least Favorite Pick: Me picking someone other then OJ

Bust: Ian should have picked that RB dude who I ended up picking. I hate this draft and hate that I went against my gut. Deep down I know it wasn't Ian's fault but worst draft ever!

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Tue May 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
My take:

Favorite Pick? OJ

Bust: Ian should have picked that RB dude who I ended up picking. I hate this draft and hate that I went against my gut. Deep down I know it wasn't Ian's fault but worst draft ever!

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Tue May 23, 2017 6:23 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
My take:

Favorite Pick? OJ

The Las Vegas Degenerates are PROUD to welcome their newest Tight End...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Tue May 23, 2017 8:12 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

1- Your Favorite Pick

1. Jamaal Williams- I reached here, if I had a 2nd Rd pick I would have waited. I was debating between Williams, Foreman or Adams at this spot
2. Jake Butt- He's a Witten-esque TE, nothing flashy but hoping he'll be at least a low end TE1 within a couple years
3. Ryan Switzer- Good value in the 7th, not difficult to envision him as a Prescott 3rd down go to guy some day soon.
4. Kamara is the biggest reach for me. I don't feel Garrett is a reach at all considering the only guys in the 1st rd that will probably outscore him this year is Fournette and McCaffrey. High ceiling with a good chance for an immediate return. One of the safest picks I think.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Thu May 25, 2017 1:28 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

1- Your Favorite Pick

My favorite pick:  Has to be the first pick I had in the draft.  Round #4 - S Malik Hooker (Colts)

Least favorite:  I guess that would be QB Nathan Peterman.  Will go to the Practice Squad as he won't be contributing anytime soon.

Late Round Magic:  I guess all my picks were late rounders.  I'll go with PK Zane Gonzalez.  A 7th rounder that will be scoring points immediately.  What the heck?  Kickers are required to start too.

Bonus - Bust Pick:  LB Rueben Foster.  Diluted test at the Combine.  Medically rejected by some teams prior to the draft. Concerns about shoulder issues.  Concussion issues at Alabama. 

Ok, ok.....I have an ulterior motive on going with Foster.  He was pick #2.07  What's the big deal about that?  That's one of the picks I traded away in my "War Bucks Acquisition Perceived Disaster".  Can't have picks that I traded away in that deal turn out to be a success. laughing

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Thu May 25, 2017 7:41 am

My favorite pick: Marlon Mack, IND RB. Heir appearent in Indy. I drafted him for a back-up in case Gore goes down.

Least favorite: Donnell Pumphrey....not sure where he will fit in.

Late round magic: no-one

Bust pick: I have to agree with Bern here. Rueben Foster...where there is smoke, there is fire!

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   Fri May 26, 2017 6:55 pm

I love all the Kamara hate btw :)

My Favorite Pick: Adam Shaheen - think he has as much potential as any TE in the draft and he is a size/speed freak of nature. Was trying to trade into the late 2nd/3rd round to get him and he fell to me at 5.03. Love it.

My least favorite pick: Gerald Everett - not to do anything with the player, but I REALLY wanted Reeves-Maybin at this pick and was sniped right in front of me.

Late Round Magic: Marquel Lee - hoping he can land a starting job in Oakland.

Bust: - OJ Howard. I think he's going to a good NFL player, but I just don't see Fantasy success. Lots of weapons in that offense and he wasn't really a producer at the college level. Just don't see huge points from him worthy of a 1st round pick.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017 Main League Draft Game   

Back to top Go down

2017 Main League Draft Game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: