HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 The 2017 Main League Draft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5992

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 8:25 am

@Russ

I love these kind of drafts because you can find diamonds in the rough. I guarantee you a few folks become starters on my rosters throughout my leagues that I end up getting in the 2nd -5th rounds.

It might take longer than 2017 to see them, but they will be there. Fun!


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5473

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 8:26 am

The TT was cruising for a while but we've hit a bit of a brick wall with only 1 pick in the last 18 hours. I'm looking forward to Eric knocking out 4 quick picks when he's up.


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5473

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 8:32 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
@Russ

I love these kind of drafts because you can find diamonds in the rough.  I guarantee you a few folks become starters on my rosters throughout my leagues that I end up getting in the 2nd -5th rounds.

It might take longer than 2017 to see them, but they will be there.  Fun!

Agreed. Look at a guy like Carlos Henderson. He should be the #3 in Denver and has a route to be one of the top 2 receivers soon. He doesn't have the size you want but should fit in nicely in the slot. And I love the talent. I'm a lot more excited about him than a guy like Devin Smith - who IIRC was draft in the early 2nd by the Jets.

The same is true with some of the RBs, and certainly with the TEs.

I would mention others but they haven't been picked in one or both of the drafts so I'll hold off for now.


Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3216

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 8:39 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
The TT was cruising for a while but we've hit a bit of a brick wall with only 1 pick in the last 18 hours.

Frickin' Han-Yang . . .


Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3216

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 9:43 am

Eric has 11 QB's.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10713

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 9:45 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Eric has 11 QB's.

Fact of the day, thanks for sharing. And he has 1 startable QB. laughing


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23205

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 9:45 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
@Russ

I love these kind of drafts because you can find diamonds in the rough.  I guarantee you a few folks become starters on my rosters throughout my leagues that I end up getting in the 2nd -5th rounds.

It might take longer than 2017 to see them, but they will be there.  Fun!

Agreed.  Look at a guy like Carlos Henderson.  He should be the #3 in Denver and has a route to be one of the top 2 receivers soon.  He doesn't have the size you want but should fit in nicely in the slot.  And I love the talent.  I'm a lot more excited about him than a guy like Devin Smith - who IIRC was draft in the early 2nd by the Jets.  

The same is true with some of the RBs, and certainly with the TEs.

I would mention others but they haven't been picked in one or both of the drafts so I'll hold off for now.

I still see a couple folks I think could be interesting but overall I don't see anything remotely close to AJ or Julio and I don't see a bunch of other folks that I would call #2s...there's some in my eyes but as I went through this class the more I felt sick or maybe this will be a class that needs more time to develop but I saw a ton of players I felt would struggle mightily at the next level.

I know every year at least one player I didn't count on pans out so it'll be interesting to see who it is from this class. I like to look back on my notes to see what I wrote, watch a couple tapes again to see if I can see my error or not.


Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1726

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 10:23 am

How do we add comments to our pick? I auto drafted Marlon (while in Colorado Springs) and now am trying to edit and add comments.


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7977

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 10:39 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Eric has 11 QB's.

Fact of the day, thanks for sharing. And he has 1 startable QB. laughing

middle finger

6 starters (FOR NOW)


Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4391

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
The TT was cruising for a while but we've hit a bit of a brick wall with only 1 pick in the last 18 hours.

Frickin' Han-Yang . . .

Yep, I'm the only who made a pick in the last 18 hours. Laughing


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1513

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
If I drafted from the App, can I go back and comment on my picks?

I don't know.  I can't go back and comment on a pre draft pick b/c it was a traded pick.  I think MFL views those traded comments as your draft comments.   Pretty surprise they designed it that way.  

Brad is right. If it was your original intraded pick then, yes, you can go add a comment. If the pick was traded at all, you can't add a comment from the app and the site treats the trade history as your comment.


Back to top Go down
California Nightmare
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2510

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 5:56 pm

I am enjoying these comments that are made with the picks. I don't understand how everyone does it. They are drafting the next best thing... future #1's, elite talents and top targets in the 5th round. Amazing. We have some really good drafters.

No motherfucker... cross your fingers, or like I tell my daughters, shit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first.


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5712

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 5:59 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
I am enjoying these comments that are made with the picks. I don't understand how everyone does it. They are drafting the next best thing... future #1's, elite talents and top targets in the 5th round. Amazing. We have some really good drafters.

No motherfucker... cross your fingers, or like I tell my daughters, shit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first.

I love Matts ability to copy and paste a guys HS wiki stats... I was almost ready to trade 2 firsts for him!

cheers


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7037

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 6:02 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
California Nightmare wrote:
I am enjoying these comments that are made with the picks. I don't understand how everyone does it. They are drafting the next best thing... future #1's, elite talents and top targets in the 5th round. Amazing. We have some really good drafters.

No motherfucker... cross your fingers, or like I tell my daughters, shit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first.

I love Matts ability to copy and paste a guys HS wiki stats...  I was almost ready to trade 2 firsts for him!

cheers

If he was a raider Greg would have!


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1513

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 6:25 pm

So Gregs strategy is only players who will be any good are 1st rounders and then just shit in your hand until you fill it...

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton... Let's see how it plays out."


Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3216

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 8:19 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
I am enjoying these comments that are made with the picks. I don't understand how everyone does it. They are drafting the next best thing... future #1's, elite talents and top targets in the 5th round. Amazing.

They have to say that to justify in their own mind that it's a good pick.  In reality, they don't have a clue how it will turn out.


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3544

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 10:37 pm

I can't wait till my next pick.......Its just taking way too long to get there waiting


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2689

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 11:58 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I can't wait till my next pick.......Its just taking way too long to get there waiting

Hey Derrick...thought you didn't like to draft?? Neutral   tongue   wink


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3240

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Sat May 20, 2017 9:33 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
TT doubling up on DD in the draft.



And just like that:



Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7037

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Sat May 20, 2017 9:41 am

I'd like to get back into this draft if anyone is looking to trade away their picks


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3240

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Sun May 21, 2017 12:11 pm

The NightHawks have completed their 2017 Rookie Draft.  It started with a Hooker and ended with an OCD diagnosis.  If that isn't considered a successful Roster Wars draft, than I don't know what is.  excited dance   party3


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7037

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Sun May 21, 2017 4:53 pm

Alright Joe let's bring this home!

rainbow banana


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3240

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Sun May 21, 2017 5:05 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Alright Joe let's bring this home!

rainbow banana

Huh?  You guys aren't done yet?  poking       grin


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5712

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Sun May 21, 2017 5:08 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Alright Joe let's bring this home!

rainbow banana

Huh?  You guys aren't done yet?  poking       grin

Nope, savoring it like a fine wine.

beer


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23205

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Sun May 21, 2017 9:03 pm

Remember when TT was laughing at us because they were pacing so well. Laughing


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23205

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Sun May 21, 2017 9:05 pm

Oh...and 6 days....yet every year people stress when we don't get a shotgun start. Next year you bitches need to chill! cheers


Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3216

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Sun May 21, 2017 9:36 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Remember when TT was laughing at us because they were pacing so well.  Laughing  

We always laugh at you.  mock


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1513

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Sun May 21, 2017 10:50 pm

All Done!!


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3240

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Sun May 21, 2017 11:17 pm



Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3045

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Sun May 21, 2017 11:25 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Oh...and 6 days....yet every year people stress when we don't get a shotgun start.  Next year you bitches need to chill!  cheers

Do I need to post the email you sent me bitching about me taking too long??? mock ROFL ROTFLMAO rofl Laughing


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8829

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Mon May 22, 2017 12:38 am

DD wins again!

laughing


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3240

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Mon May 22, 2017 1:01 am

England Dragons wrote:
DD wins again!

laughing




Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23205

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Mon May 22, 2017 5:14 am

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Oh...and 6 days....yet every year people stress when we don't get a shotgun start.  Next year you bitches need to chill!  cheers

Do I need to post the email you sent me bitching about me taking too long??? mock ROFL ROTFLMAO rofl Laughing

No, you need to not take so long. lol 2


Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1716

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Mon May 22, 2017 7:03 am

California Nightmare wrote:
I am enjoying these comments that are made with the picks. I don't understand how everyone does it. They are drafting the next best thing... future #1's, elite talents and top targets in the 5th round. Amazing. We have some really good drafters.

No motherfucker... cross your fingers, or like I tell my daughters, shit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first.

So you are telling me that my back end fourth rounder and mid seventh rounder are not going to yield me the RB #1 and WR #1 I was hoping for? But I listened to all the talking heads like Andy said I should and read everything everyone ever wrote about both these guys and was 100% certain I made two can't miss picks. Crying or Very sad


Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4391

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Mon May 22, 2017 10:21 pm

Already giving up on your draft picks?


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23205

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Mon May 22, 2017 10:38 pm

Isaiah Ford WR

Anyone want to share their homework on this guy or what you've heard whatever source say about him? When I was done with my homework and I started to look around to see what people were ranking/drafting players at I was shocked at how far down the list he was....not complaining one bit as I knew I would get him whenever I wanted...but now that we're done drafting I would love to hear it...anyone want to trash him or were people unaware of him or something else?

He isn't gonna start right away obviously and hopefully Miami develops him and doesn't ruin him...but not exactly a murderers row of talent in front of him...at some point people will have to realize DaVonte Parker isn't it.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23205

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Tue May 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Well that makes sense then...if nobody scouted him, read on him or had thoughts on him then of course I would get him late in the draft. Cool. I was thinking maybe others had checked him and thought poorly of him. Glad that wasn't the case. tongue


Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7037

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Tue May 23, 2017 2:36 pm

He was always a taxi squad target of mine. Hard to say when he'll get an opportunity, so a contract would have been a pain, but talent is there


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5473

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Tue May 23, 2017 2:47 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Well that makes sense then...if nobody scouted him, read on him or had thoughts on him then of course I would get him late in the draft.  Cool.  I was thinking maybe others had checked him and thought poorly of him.  Glad that wasn't the case.  tongue

I didn't realize that Matt had picked him on our side so I didn't say anything. I like the talent and was really surprised that he didn't go earlier in the draft. He seems to have the mechanics down and good ball skills but I don't see him as having a lot of upside or ever being "the guy" on a team.

And you have to question his path to playing time. He's got Landry, Parker, Stills, and Caroo in front of him right now. And he's got to beat out 3 of them to really have any value.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23205

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Tue May 23, 2017 2:49 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

He's got Landry, Parker, Stills, and Caroo in front of him right now.  And he's got to beat out 3 of them to really have any value.  

Fixed. The road doesn't look so daunting when you realize those two are weaksauce. Now how long does it take Miami to sort that out...good luck to him.


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2689

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Tue May 23, 2017 3:12 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Isaiah Ford WR

Anyone want to share their homework on this guy or what you've heard whatever source say about him?  When I was done with my homework and I started to look around to see what people were ranking/drafting players at I was shocked at how far down the list he was....not complaining one bit as I knew I would get him whenever I wanted...but now that we're done drafting I would love to hear it...anyone want to trash him or were people unaware of him or something else?

HA...HA...I thought it was rhetorical, since you NEVER give a shit what anyone else says/thinks about "your" Guys'.  lol3 wink

Ok well...terrible combine, (really no biggie if you like his talent)....6'1" 195...4.65 40...Very poor speed/burst/agility scores, and below average catch radius.   He's young, which is good and bad.  May take longer to develop as he learns the NFL game.  Slight frame/can he separate??...Will he be Tajae Sharpe or Marvin Jones, or better than both???  

Put him on your taxi squad and maybe "I'll" find out...laughing    


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23205

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Tue May 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:


[color=#000000]HA...HA...I thought it was rhetorical, since you NEVER give a shit what anyone else says/thinks about "your" Guys'.  lol3 wink

I don't give a shit but normally I hear something without asking. In this case, I was curious since I heard nothing. I think you're right...he's a slow clod with average catch radius who sucked at the combine I didn't watch and he's going to my practice squad where you might give me an upgraded draft pick for him sooner than I thought.

metal


Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4391

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Tue May 23, 2017 4:45 pm

It's 8ish WBs worth of draft pick


Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1205

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Tue May 23, 2017 6:24 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

He's got Landry, Parker, Stills, and Caroo in front of him right now.  And he's got to beat out 3 of them to really have any value.  

Fixed.  The road doesn't look so daunting when you realize those two are weaksauce.  Now how long does it take Miami to sort that out...good luck to him.

Nuh uh.. Havent you heard the light has came on for Davante Parker and what was it the report said, Miami fully expects him to develop his potential and be a DOMINANT threat...

Meanwhile I have now put all shares of Parker I own (all 1 of them) on the trade block to sell while this coach speak hype is around tongue


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5712

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:02 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Isaiah Ford WR

Anyone want to share their homework on this guy or what you've heard whatever source say about him?  When I was done with my homework and I started to look around to see what people were ranking/drafting players at I was shocked at how far down the list he was....not complaining one bit as I knew I would get him whenever I wanted...but now that we're done drafting I would love to hear it...anyone want to trash him or were people unaware of him or something else?

He isn't gonna start right away obviously and hopefully Miami develops him and doesn't ruin him...but not exactly a murderers row of talent in front of him...at some point people will have to realize  DaVonte Parker isn't it.

ROTO wrote:
Isaiah Ford - WR - Dolphins
Dolphins seventh-round WR Isaiah Ford "hasn't made much of an impression" in OTAs.
The No. 237 overall pick, it's not like Ford should be lighting it up, but t-shirts and shorts are a time when fringe prospects need to shine to have a legitimate shot at cracking the 53-man roster. Ford's biggest drawback is 4.61 speed on a rail-thin frame. He may head to the practice squad if he doesn't turn heads in camp.

vote yes


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23205

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:23 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Isaiah Ford WR

Anyone want to share their homework on this guy or what you've heard whatever source say about him?  When I was done with my homework and I started to look around to see what people were ranking/drafting players at I was shocked at how far down the list he was....not complaining one bit as I knew I would get him whenever I wanted...but now that we're done drafting I would love to hear it...anyone want to trash him or were people unaware of him or something else?

He isn't gonna start right away obviously and hopefully Miami develops him and doesn't ruin him...but not exactly a murderers row of talent in front of him...at some point people will have to realize  DaVonte Parker isn't it.

ROTO wrote:
Isaiah Ford - WR - Dolphins
Dolphins seventh-round WR Isaiah Ford "hasn't made much of an impression" in OTAs.
The No. 237 overall pick, it's not like Ford should be lighting it up, but t-shirts and shorts are a time when fringe prospects need to shine to have a legitimate shot at cracking the 53-man roster. Ford's biggest drawback is 4.61 speed on a rail-thin frame. He may head to the practice squad if he doesn't turn heads in camp.

vote yes

Wow, someone other than me had something to say about him. That's cute. On some teams it would make sense but fuck if the Dolphins have anything to write home about at WR so that would be an interesting path to take with him IMO. I know everyone else is still hanging their dusty old hats on Caroo and Parker but that brainfart shouldn't take too much longer to be outed.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   

Back to top Go down
 
The 2017 Main League Draft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: