Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Wed May 17, 2017 11:05 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:

rofl ROTFLMAO ROFL lol3 laughing lol 2

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Wed May 17, 2017 12:02 pm

And Carla picks the Bears QB. It is a Tri-Fecta!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Wed May 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Just drafted Foster. Really excited as I had my eyes on him the whole time. Could be really good for me if he stays in there, but could also end up messy. I guess this is a time to take a chance.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Wed May 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Willing to fall back off of the 3.07 if any one want to come up.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Wed May 17, 2017 10:04 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Just drafted Foster. Really excited as I had my eyes on him the whole time. Could be really good for me if he stays in there, but could also end up messy. I guess this is a time to take a chance.

Great value pick at 2.07...hate you. Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Wed May 17, 2017 10:50 pm

I'm gonna call it a night in a few minutes. I'll make my pick in the morning if I'm up. But am open to offers in the interim.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 6:39 am

Wanted to go Reddick, but he isn't a pure inside LB, like Cunnignham.  Cunningham was my favorite LB coming out this year, besides Foster, so hopefully he supplants that bum Cushing real soon....

Oh, and thanks a lot Ian!!  I was going to go Adams, but you just had to take him before me furious

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 7:37 am

Pick 3.10:
Bergen Brawlers selected Kelly, Chad DEN QB
Comment: Pick traded from Morrison Minions. There's probably a 90% chance that he is the next JFF so this may be early. But he's the one guy that I absolutely wanted to get in this draft.

WHAT IS "JFF"?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 7:42 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
Pick 3.10:
Comment: Pick traded from Morrison Minions. There's probably a 90% chance that he is the next JFF so this may be early. But he's the one guy that I absolutely wanted to get in this draft.

WHAT IS "JFF"?

Johnny Manziel

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 7:51 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Pick 3.10:

WHAT IS "JFF"?

Johnny Manziel
scratch

OK

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 8:02 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Pick 3.10:

WHAT IS "JFF"?

Johnny Manziel
scratch

OK

I'm sure it's out there in the Google-verse but I'm pretty sure it means Johnny Frickin' Football (or something like that).

Great talent, great situation, but concerned about the off-field issues. And possibly sense-of-entitlement issues. But if he hits, he could be a top 5 QB. Very happy to finally have a taxi squad here so that I can stash him while we find out what happens.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 8:09 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Pick 3.10:

WHAT IS "JFF"?

Johnny Manziel
scratch

OK

I'm sure it's out there in the Google-verse but I'm pretty sure it means Johnny Frickin' Football (or something like that).  

Great talent, great situation, but concerned about the off-field issues.  And possibly sense-of-entitlement issues.  But if he hits, he could be a top 5 QB.  Very happy to finally have a taxi squad here so that I can stash him while we find out what happens.

vote yes

OK

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 9:21 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Wanted to go Reddick, but he isn't a pure inside LB, like Cunnignham.  Cunningham was my favorite LB coming out this year, besides Foster, so hopefully he supplants that bum Cushing real soon....

Oh, and thanks a lot Ian!!  I was going to go Adams, but you just had to take him before me furious

Thought about Reddick
Welcome to my world of being sniped Laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 9:35 am

So....

This year I did better than ever about not listening to anything before I had already done my own homework. Once I felt I had done most of what I was gonna do I started letting outside info in and I was shocked to hear people saying this was the deepest class ever or various things like that. I feel like there are too many people who make a living or try to by being a sports news outlet and that it would be bad for business to say anything less. Don't they say this shit every year? Isn't "what's coming" always the NEXT BIG THING?

Anyway, I found this class disappointing big time. Don't get me wrong, there are a couple guys I think are interesting and maybe it'll pan out for them and that would be cool but as a whole, no fuckin way was this group tops. I would say they are lowest in the last 4-5 years for me pretty easily.

Oh well. If you disagree I'm not trying to shit in your corn flakes and good luck to you but I didn't see it at all...and as always suspect that the "experts/media/whatevers" are biased jackasses that know less than every owner in this league.

Now....I hope some players I like fall to me. Gobble up the muck people! LOL

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 9:41 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
So....

This year I did better than ever about not listening to anything before I had already done my own homework.  Once I felt I had done most of what I was gonna do I started letting outside info in and I was shocked to hear people saying this was the deepest class ever or various things like that.  I feel like there are too many people who make a living or try to by being a sports news outlet and that it would be bad for business to say anything less.  Don't they say this shit every year? Isn't "what's coming" always the NEXT BIG THING?  

Anyway, I found this class disappointing big time.  Don't get me wrong, there are a couple guys I think are interesting and maybe it'll pan out for them and that would be cool but as a whole, no fuckin way was this group tops.  I would say they are lowest in the last 4-5 years for me pretty easily.

Oh well.  If you disagree I'm not trying to shit in your corn flakes and good luck to you but I didn't see it at all...and as always suspect that the "experts/media/whatevers" are biased jackasses that know less than every owner in this league.

Now....I hope some players I like fall to me.  Gobble up the muck people! LOL

HAHA! Yeah, this class is not as good as everyone built it up to be by any means, but last year was awful, so this year looks better in comparison.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 9:41 am

So....

This year I did better than ever about not listening to anything before I had already done my own homework.  Once I felt I had done most of what I was gonna do I started letting outside info in and I was shocked to hear people saying this was the deepest class ever or various things like that.  I feel like there are too many people who make a living or try to by being a sports news outlet and that it would be bad for business to say anything less.  Don't they say this shit every year? Isn't "what's coming" always the NEXT BIG THING?  

Anyway, I found this class disappointing big time.  Don't get me wrong, there are a couple guys I think are interesting and maybe it'll pan out for them and that would be cool but as a whole, no fuckin way was this group tops.  I would say they are lowest in the last 4-5 years for me pretty easily.

Oh well.  If you disagree I'm not trying to shit in your corn flakes and good luck to you but I didn't see it at all...and as always suspect that the "experts/media/whatevers" are biased jackasses that know less than every owner in this league.

I picked like 6 of them to drive my rebuild so hopefully you're wrong Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 9:51 am

I'd be open to trading into the next few picks if anyone is underwhelmed. See a few guys I like.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 9:57 am

I wouldn't say that I'm underwhelmed but I do happen to have a few picks in this round.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 10:18 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
So....

I picked like 6 of them to drive my rebuild so hopefully you're wrong Crying or Very sad

I just have to wonder how many of the talking heads, twitter tards and other chatty Cathys out there actually believe what they're saying and how many are dumb and/or dishonest. I suppose this class could just blow the roof off the league and I'll be proven to be the stupid one.

Maybe I should jump in there and make a living playing Mr. Brightside on every player entering and in the league and act like my "knowledge" is even helpful. The way Chris used to tell me Markus Wheaton wasn't the bag of dicks I always said he was, the way various podcasts speak of every player like they were drafted into the perfect fit and are the "next (name of previous player at said position)".

Fuck that. If I had time (I don't so you're lucky) I would start a podcast where we purposely archive all this shit and look at it 3 years later, interview and mock these clowns for being so confident and so wrong so often and still acting like they should be talking. We should make them admit they were wrong (good for them) and apologize to those foolish enough to listen to them as anything more than JUST A GUY. That's all they are.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 10:29 am

I don't know. I think that this draft has been widely documented by GMs/Scouts as being very deep. I mean, I don't know how forthcoming all GMs are, but in the few articles I read, they universally felt that the draft was deep in a lot of positions except O-line.

Who knows. Even the people who make the decisions for teams are guessing a lot too, so not sure why we expect the talking heads of sports shows to know more than them.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 10:40 am

I don't know.  I think that this draft has been widely documented by GMs/Scouts as being very deep.  I mean, I don't know how forthcoming all GMs are, but in the few articles I read, they universally felt that the draft was deep in a lot of positions except O-line.  

Who knows.  Even the people who make the decisions for teams are guessing a lot too, so not sure why we expect the talking heads of sports shows to know more than them.

But what makes it deep? Do they feel like a lot of these kids are going to find success at the NFL level? I don't. A couple of the talented ones are entering with baggage that might derail them as well. I always do my homework looking to find the players I can truly be excited about and this year it was very thin pickings...and it's not like I spend one day doing this and it was a bad day for me.

Oh well, I just remember hearing certain comments about this class and having a lot moments like confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 11:42 am

Yup... Deep in that you can find guys who will start for your team in the 3rd or 4th round. I mean, in most drafts, you expect to get a starter in the first round and maybe the 2nd. But, in this draft, I heard that starting talent was there in the 3rd and sometimes 4th round.

I certainly do not watch college ball like I used to, but I think a lot of the non-sexy positions are super deep. Dline, LB, Safety and to a certain extent RB. I honestly dont' remember a draft with a top 6-7 RBs like in this draft, but I could be wrong.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Just one giant crapshoot when it's all said and done. You can do all the research in the world to try and swing the odds in your favor but the House still wins. I only had 1 higher pick this year so I decided to gamble instead of play it safe. Williams is definately a need pick and not the best player available. I just like what I see from the kid and his style of running fits the GB system. To quote one of the best lines from one of the best sitcoms ever (King of Queens) "he runs like he's mad at the grass"

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 1:24 pm

I like the defensive rookies this year. Now for the offense, not so much

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

Thought about Reddick
Welcome to my world of being sniped Laughing

I really considering Reddick too. Just scared me that and OLB/DE, is switching positions and moving inside. Not sure how this is going to turn out???

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 1:47 pm

I like the defensive rookies this year.  Now for the offense, not so much
I have to agree, I expected better...after 3-4 "can't miss" RB's and 3-4 "can't miss" WR's I think there is a lot of potential but the risk factor goes off the charts. So hard to evaluate WR's, if you took out the jet sweeps, play actions off the jet sweeps and bubble screens the WR's would never get the ball in College. It's hard to tell who can't actually run routes and get separation.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 2:24 pm

I'm open to trying to trade up into the next few picks - prefer to move players over picks - if you're interested, let me know.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 2:35 pm

And Ed just took Jake Butts

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
And Ed just took Jake Butts

Just for you, Russ.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 2:46 pm

I don't know.  I think that this draft has been widely documented by GMs/Scouts as being very deep.  I mean, I don't know how forthcoming all GMs are, but in the few articles I read, they universally felt that the draft was deep in a lot of positions except O-line.  

Who knows.  Even the people who make the decisions for teams are guessing a lot too, so not sure why we expect the talking heads of sports shows to know more than them.

But what makes it deep? Do they feel like a lot of these kids are going to find success at the NFL level?  I don't.  A couple of the talented ones are entering with baggage that might derail them as well.  I always do my homework looking to find the players I can truly be excited about and this year it was very thin pickings...and it's not like I spend one day doing this and it was a bad day for me.

Oh well, I just remember hearing certain comments about this class and having a lot moments like confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused confused

This talk comes up EVERY year....There is no magic bullet, no fail proof test. Just humans doing the best they can to pass judgement on another humans unmeasurables, like heart and desire. Not everything is based on talent alone. Some guys make it through college based on their talents alone never having to work (too much anyway) on their craft. When these guys get to the NFL EVERYONE has their talent now. How hard are they willing to work to get ahead? NOBODY knows the answers to that question, but that player himself....

Highly skilled guys do dumb shit, whiles others get hurt in their first training camp. Some get drafted into bad fits, and others are just happy to get that first paycheck.....

FUCK IT. I love trying to figure out the next stud and dodging the next dud. But anyone who thinks they have this figured out to a science is fucking nuts!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 3:13 pm

Tom! Chop Chop! laughing

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Tom! Chop Chop! laughing

Why?...you don't want me trading my pick to someone else. tongue

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 7:34 pm

I agree with Dave. I like to find a diamond in the rough when possible and I like to be right about players I avoid.

If you dont like the draft you can always trade for vets and capitalize that way. Trade all your picks.

It doesnt cost me anything to make a draft pick ..... you give them to me for free every year.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 7:38 pm

Hey sorry I been predrafting and not commenting but I'm working quite a bit and can't guess when some of you slackers are gonna pick. So I do what I can to move this along.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 7:49 pm

Oh don't get me wrong, I am happy to throw my darts at rookies too and I'm not saying all of these kids are worthless....but the talk of how deep this class is and how talented certain positions are this year in comparison to others is weird to me. I absolutely saw better talents the last few years as opposed to what I saw this year. I almost never talk highly about guys I like unless I have secured them on my team so can't get into that...and not gonna trash anyones rookie picks...but just on the whole...I doubt we look back in a few years and speak highly of this class.

Now...I would like to pick earlier than I'm slated to...so there is that! laughing

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 7:50 pm

Damn I was looking forward to your thoughts on Butter Pecan and Elephant tracks. Do they hurt your tummy? RW wants to know

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 7:58 pm

Oh don't get me wrong, I am happy to throw my darts at rookies too and I'm not saying all of these kids are worthless....but the talk of how deep this class is and how talented certain positions are this year in comparison to others is weird to me.  I absolutely saw better talents the last few years as opposed to what I saw this year.  I almost never talk highly about guys I like unless I have secured them on my team so can't get into that...and not gonna trash anyones rookie picks...but just on the whole...I doubt we look back in a few years and speak highly of this class.

Now...I would like to pick earlier than I'm slated to...so there is that! laughing

Alot of the opinions you hear are by common owners that like fantasy football. They dont know anything more than regurgitating what they read around other sites podcasts or TV.

I like that you do your own research, Andy.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 8:18 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Oh don't get me wrong, I am happy to throw my darts at rookies too and I'm not saying all of these kids are worthless....but the talk of how deep this class is and how talented certain positions are this year in comparison to others is weird to me.  I absolutely saw better talents the last few years as opposed to what I saw this year.  I almost never talk highly about guys I like unless I have secured them on my team so can't get into that...and not gonna trash anyones rookie picks...but just on the whole...I doubt we look back in a few years and speak highly of this class.

Alot of the opinions you hear are by common owners that like fantasy football.  They dont know anything more than regurgitating what they read around other sites podcasts or TV.

I like that you do your own research, Andy.

I know that's true but I don't want it to be. I'm pouting.

The best is when someone says something verbatim and I heard it elsewhere too so while they're talking I know they're full of shit.

There is one position that I'm convinced I should stop researching because I have proven nothing to myself...but I'm gonna stick with it because even if I am 1-1000 I am gonna think I'm a genius when it works out. lol 2

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 8:36 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

But what makes it deep? Do they feel like a lot of these kids are going to find success at the NFL level?  I don't.  A couple of the talented ones are entering with baggage that might derail them as well.  I always do my homework looking to find the players I can truly be excited about and this year it was very thin pickings...and it's not like I spend one day doing this and it was a bad day for me.

This talk comes up EVERY year....There is no magic bullet, no fail proof test.  Just humans doing the best they can to pass judgement on another humans unmeasurables, like heart and desire.  Not everything is based on talent alone.  Some guys make it through college based on their talents alone never having to work (too much anyway) on their craft.  When these guys get to the NFL EVERYONE has their talent now.  How hard are they willing to work to get ahead?  NOBODY knows the answers to that question, but that player himself....

Highly skilled guys do dumb shit, whiles others get hurt in their first training camp.  Some get drafted into bad fits, and others are just happy to get that first paycheck.....

FUCK IT. I love trying to figure out the next stud and dodging the next dud. But anyone who thinks they have this figured out to a science is fucking nuts!

Wait a minute.....Are you telling me you will not be subscribing to the SMAK Rookie Draft Guide?  Shocked

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:

This talk comes up EVERY year....There is no magic bullet, no fail proof test.  Just humans doing the best they can to pass judgement on another humans unmeasurables, like heart and desire.  Not everything is based on talent alone.  Some guys make it through college based on their talents alone never having to work (too much anyway) on their craft.  When these guys get to the NFL EVERYONE has their talent now.  How hard are they willing to work to get ahead?  NOBODY knows the answers to that question, but that player himself....

Highly skilled guys do dumb shit, whiles others get hurt in their first training camp.  Some get drafted into bad fits, and others are just happy to get that first paycheck.....

Wait a minute.....Are you telling me you will not be subscribing to the SMAK Rookie Draft Guide?  Shocked

That, or you are fucking nuts. You pick!

cheers

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 11:02 pm

It's more fun to make fun of people for their picks. Like who picks Kizer in the second round?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Thu May 18, 2017 11:46 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
It's more fun to make fun of people for their picks. Like who picks Kizer in the second round?

Same guy that probably picks up mushrooms off the ground and eats them. lol3

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 2:01 am

Same guy that probably picks up mushrooms off the ground and eats them.  lol3

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
 "F" it...Was trying to trade this pick, but I'll roll the dice, and "hope" opportunity can trump talent...maybe I'll find a mushroom in this turd. ;)  

What's wrong with finding mushrooms? pretty colors

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 7:56 am

MORE DEFENSE!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 7:59 am

If I drafted from the App, can I go back and comment on my picks?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 8:04 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
If I drafted from the App, can I go back and comment on my picks?

I don't know. I can't go back and comment on a pre draft pick b/c it was a traded pick. I think MFL views those traded comments as your draft comments. Pretty surprise they designed it that way.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 am

You're such a nice guy it's hard to make fun of you.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   Fri May 19, 2017 8:22 am

I'll have to go against Andy here. I'm excited about this draft. Not as much as I thought that I would be but there's great talent at the top and it's deep. I don't think that you have the true stud at the top of the draft but this top few picks reminds me of the AJ/Julio/Ingram draft. The big thing, in offensive only drafts, is the talent out there around the end of the 2nd/beginning of the 3rd. That is usually the landing spot for guys like Coates/Devin Smith/Smelter and other guys. This year it seems that you can get guys that will actually put up numbers when you get deeper into the draft. I'm in the 4th now in one draft with Carla and there are still some guys out there that I could see myself starting a few times this year. You don't have that in most years.

I don't have as deep of a knowledge base on the defensive side of the ball. But it does seem a bit deeper, although I'm not as excited about some of the top guys this year.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2017 Main League Draft   

Back to top Go down

The 2017 Main League Draft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: