x

Share | 

Corey Clement RB PHI

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Corey Clement RB PHI   Thu May 11, 2017 8:47 am

Quote :
Corey Clement: Has real shot to make team. Despite going undrafted, Clement should have a real shot to make the Eagles' final roster, PhillyVoice.com's Jimmy Kempski reports.

Analysis: Clement ran for 1,375 yards and 15 touchdowns in his senior season at Wisconsin, capping off a college career that was ultimately somewhat disappointing due to a mixture of injuries and reduced explosiveness over time. He did nothing to allay those concerns at the combine, running a 4.68 40-yard dash while also failing to impress in the vertical jump (28.5 inches) and broad jump (115 inches). Clement did check in at 5-foot-10, 220 pounds, which makes him easily the largest running back on Philadelphia's roster besides Ryan Mathews (neck), who likely will be released before training camp. With Darren Sproles, Wendell Smallwood (knee) and fourth-round selection Donnel Pumphrey considered locks to make the team, Clement may end up competing with 2016 undrafted free agent Byron Marshall and a few others for one remaining roster spot. Given his size and college pedigree, Clement could be in the mix for early-down carries and short-yardage work if he makes the team.

Would be worth watching. There isn't anyone setting the world on fire in PHI so he has a great opportunity.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Corey Clement RB PHI   Thu May 11, 2017 8:53 am

yeah, except he's a Wisconsin RB sooooo, he'll probably blow chunks in the pros.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Corey Clement RB PHI   Thu May 11, 2017 8:55 am

Someone has to buck the trend eventually right? Laughing

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Corey Clement RB PHI   Thu May 11, 2017 8:56 am

Melvin Gordon probably already has that title.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Corey Clement RB PHI   Thu May 11, 2017 10:04 am

1,300 yds and 15TD's is a deceiving stat. I'd have to look and see if actually ran well against any good teams or are those all against cupcakes. I know the expectations for him were waaaaaay higher

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Corey Clement RB PHI   Thu May 11, 2017 10:09 am

He actually ran well against Big 10 opponents, including Ohio State. 4.4ypc behind a Wisconsin o-line is nothing to write home about though. I hope he does well with Philly, I'd like the Babger RB stereotype to go away.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Corey Clement RB PHI   Thu May 11, 2017 10:57 am

He has a shot at least. Definitely not going to set any records but in the RBBC world we live in maybe he becomes a part of an NFL backfield.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corey Clement RB PHI   

Back to top Go down

Corey Clement RB PHI
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: