HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:02 pm

He's a guy I really like as a prospect and he released a Cover Letter for GMs as you would for a job interview.

Check it out... https://www.theplayerstribune.com/juju-smith-schuster-usc-nfl-draft-cover-letter/

He has shot way up in my estimation now, seems genuine and driver kid.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:12 pm

That is freaking awesome. Love it!

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:25 pm

It seems like a clever PR stunt by his agent more than anything. Any team that has a chance to draft him should've already had interviews by now, so he's not saying anything new (or at least, he shouldn't be).

That being said, I do really like what he says in that letter. The things he talks about are exactly what you want in a football player. For being in LA, Juju kept relatively quiet off the field, so I think he does have the character (and the athleticism) to succeed.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Yeah I'm trying not to be too cynical about it, I did think it could be a stunt - especially since it has been made public. But like you say, have to take it in context - he was a pretty big name in college football at a big school and managed to get through that without any controversy. He also got his degree in 3 years which shows real dedication.

So I would be willing to take it on his word that he is dedicated and of good character.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:30 pm

I had the same take as Blake on this. I remember being wowed by the page that Josh Gordon set up and thought that he finally got his act together. I was wrong there. And that's left me a bit cynical when looking at ideas like this.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:46 pm

It's an interesting tactic. I like how it is set up and seems sincere. At this point I think most teams know who he is and ranks on their boards. But hey it doesn't hurt and I'm not going to blame the kid for doing everything he can to impress and even brown nose a bit. Given the background you guys stated above I would say that he is just trying to get in good with the NFL and the team that drafts him.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:54 am

James Connor just did the same thing: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/james-conner-pitt-letter-to-nfl-gms/

Maybe its The Players Tribune pushing these types of articles instead of the sports agents?

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:52 pm

Ah so seems like the Players Tribune is running a bit of a series. Well that takes some shine off it, but to be honest I really enjoyed reading both and I think they come across really well.

I haven't given that Connor much of a look tbh, but I think I will go back and watch some of his stuff now.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:09 pm

His story is about as cool as it gets. A 2* DE turned RB superstar at a P5 team, beating cancer, and then coming back to have a great senior year. The work ethic something like that would take is both insane and inspirational.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:56 am

I think Ju Ju will be a playear that will perform above his draft position in both the NFL and rookie drafts. He is the USC WR that breaks the mold of weak NFL talents.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:48 am

The guy could be the next "big" thing. He may be there when the Vikings pick in the 2nd.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:02 pm

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:
The guy could be the next "big" thing. He may be there when the Vikings pick in the 2nd.

Was hearing my Cowboys are interested in him too. Don't know if I love it given our defensive issues. Seems more of a want rather than need.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Sat May 20, 2017 9:25 am

Playing in the numerous NCAA fantasy leagues that I do, I've followed JuJu since he was a junior at Long Beach Poly along with Iman Marshall (current DB at USC).
He reminds me a lot of another former USC WR in Marqise Lee (Jacksonville). Similar stats at USC and both suffered thru several injuries at the college level.
Question will be can he find his spot on the field and eventually become the Steelers No. 2 option.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Sat May 20, 2017 11:21 am

USC receivers don't have a great track record in the league...

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Sat May 20, 2017 11:31 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:

Very true. Other than Steve Smith.

Although, I have to admit Marqise Lee had a much better year in 2016 than he did his first two years in the league as he ranked 39th in receptions and 36th in WR yards last season.
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Sat May 20, 2017 9:22 pm

North Carolina Cobras wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

Although, I have to admit Marqise Lee had a much better year in 2016 than he did his first two years in the league as he ranked 39th in receptions and 36th in WR yards last season.

I think you're thinking of the wrong Steve Smith... the HOF Steve Smith went to Utah. The USC (aka shitty steve smith) was out of the league after 2-3 years.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   Sat May 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
North Carolina Cobras wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

I think you're thinking of the wrong Steve Smith... the HOF Steve Smith went to Utah.  The USC (aka shitty steve smith) was out of the league after 2-3 years.  

I stand corrected
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT   

Back to top Go down

JuJu Smith-Schuster WR PIT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: