:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Kirk Cousins QB WAS

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:20 pm

49ers better not trade the second pick for Cousins. We aren't going to be competitive next year given the holes on our roster so there's no point in adding a 29 year old QB.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:48 am

Rotoworld wrote:
ESPN's Jason Reid reports "former Redskins officials who know Kirk Cousins" have said free agent Cousins doesn't want to be in Washington and would prefer to be franchise-tagged rather than sign a long-term deal.
The sides have made what sounds like zero progress on a long-term deal, and Cousins may simply be fed up with the way GM Scot McCloughan and Co. has handled negotiations over the past two offseasons. The front office clearly didn't believe in Cousins last year at this time, making him prove himself again on a one-year deal, and Cousins answered the bell with a big year. It's fair to wonder if the "former Redskins officials" Reid is referring to is someone(s) from the old Shanahan regime, as then-OC Kyle Shanahan literally "stood on a table" for Cousins when they drafted him. Shanahan, now the head coach in San Francisco, doesn't have a quarterback and remains enamored with Cousins, who has made it known he feels the same way toward Shanahan. If Cousins is able to force his way out of D.C. this year or next, a reunion in Santa Clara would be a good bet. Feb 17 - 11:49 AM

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:43 am

bs

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:38 am

It will be tough to keep tagging him. That shit will get expensive!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:39 pm

Not sure why they just don't pay this guy and get a deal done.  He has proved himself at this point and getting two 1's for him ain't gonna help the Skins.  Hard to find decent QB's in the NFL.  His age and now experience level make a long term deal viable IMO. 

coffee

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:48 pm

I don't think he's worth a contract bigger than Luck so to me it's not so easy to just sign him.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Not sure why they just don't pay this guy and get a deal done.  He has proved himself at this point and getting two 1's for him ain't gonna help the Skins.  Hard to find decent QB's in the NFL.  His age and now experience level make a long term deal viable IMO. 

coffee
I agree, it's to difficult to find QB's. You have one, pay him. The ironic thing is the Redskins have never been shy about spending money in FA now they have a legit QB for the next 6yrs or so and you want to be cheap

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:

coffee
I agree, it's to difficult to find QB's. You have one, pay him. The ironic thing is the Redskins have never been shy about spending money in FA now they have a legit QB for the next 6yrs or so and you want to be cheap

Haha! You know, I haven't thought of that but now that you put it out there, it's hilarious. laughing

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:17 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
I don't think he's worth a contract bigger than Luck so to me it's not so easy to just sign him.

I don't wanna pay more for my Dominos pizza than I paid last year, but guess what, if you want to eat you pay the price.  QB numbers have and will go up, that's the way it is.  Oh, and WTF has Luck done the last two years anyways.  He's still good and a solid QB with upside, but he ain't shown he is a Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Marino, Montana type.  He's top 10 or 12ish, but he has not played as a top 3 QB in quite some time.  Supply and demand, capitalism, and free market sets the price.  If Cousins some how gets more so be it, don't need to be fair, as life ain't fair to begin with.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:20 pm

Sure the market sets the price. But you still can't overpay.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:33 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Sure the market sets the price. But you still can't overpay.
Everyone overpays initially, Rodgers got 5yr 110million, Luck got 6 yr 140million. Rodgers contract looks like a steal now. Every group of QB's sets the bar higher.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:45 pm

He probably deserves to be paid, but at some point someone is going to have to figure out what do to with these QB deals. Here in Baltimore everyone is complaining how the Flacco deal is killing the Ravens and I can certainly see Skins fans saying the same thing if Cousins gets a huge deal and doesn't deliver a super bowl or 2.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:21 pm

The QB's contract definately does handicap what a team can put around him. While the Flacco deal isn't ideal teams still find ways to surround their QB with talent. The Ravens haven't exactly drafted well lately which is the biggest problem IMO

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:35 am

I think he's good enough to get paid, but not top QB money. ..

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:48 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I think he's good enough to get paid, but not top QB money. ..

Where then? I think he surely deserves top 10 money right now. He has performed extremely well the past two years, and the cap keeps rising. Where does he belong for a contract?

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:12 am

He's a year younger than Stafford, who is making $16.5 million in 2017, which puts him ninth overall. I am not sure I pay him more than Stafford. Now, Tyrod Taylor tops that list so top 10 is probably relative when you include overall contract length and value, but still, it is a very interesting question about where to rank him in terms of production and salary.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:28 am

Fair play to Cousins, he backed himself to play on the Tag and has done the business 2 years on the run - he deserves to get paid.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:30 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
He's a year younger than Stafford, who is making $16.5 million in 2017, which puts him ninth overall. I am not sure I pay him more than Stafford.  Now, Tyrod Taylor tops that list so top 10 is probably relative when you include overall contract length and value, but still, it is a very interesting question about where to rank him in terms of production and salary.

Yeah, Stafford's last contract was 3 years, $53 Million, but the cap has increased significantly since then. I think Cousins should land in the $18 million per year range, but that is just me.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:50 am

Pay the man, pay the man his money!

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:36 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
He's a year younger than Stafford, who is making $16.5 million in 2017, which puts him ninth overall. I am not sure I pay him more than Stafford.  Now, Tyrod Taylor tops that list so top 10 is probably relative when you include overall contract length and value, but still, it is a very interesting question about where to rank him in terms of production and salary.

Yeah, Stafford's last contract was 3 years, $53 Million, but the cap has increased significantly since then. I think Cousins should land in the $18 million per year range, but that is just me.

And Stafford will get extended this off-season to be the highest paid QB in the league. If I were the Skins, I'd try to get a deal with Cousins done before Stafford sets the bar higher.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:37 am

I hope the skins don't fuck this up. I'm sure whether they pay him, tag him, or let him walk people will say they did

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:39 am

He's good. He's getting paid somewhere and Washington would be silly if it wasn't with them...

shrug

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:27 pm

If Cousins was smart, he would wait till after Stafford inks his deal (if he signs an extension). I would bet somebody would throw the coin purse at him.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:50 pm

Cousins is playing the game...

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports Kirk Cousins will not sign a long-term deal prior to the March 1 deadline for the Redskins to apply the franchise tag.

With a third tag not a functional option, Cousins has all the leverage in the negotiations over a long-term deal, and it looks like he is going to use it. Once the Redskins apply the tag, which they almost certainly will, Cousins can ask for at the very least the value of the tag ($23.94 million) paid out in 2017 and a raise on that total guaranteed in 2018. If Washington balks at that price, Cousins can play out another one-year tender and test the open market next spring, which reports suggest is his preferred option anyway. It is far from a given the Redskins lock up Cousins to a long-term deal.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:06 pm

He should get paid, and well...Carr is also negotiating; Raider speak has him going for "Luck" type deal. Throw Stafford in the mix, and it all comes up $$$$$ for Cousins.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:27 pm

Cousins get franchise tag again. This time he gets $23.94 million for 2017.

I know he wants long term contract, but damn that is alot of money for one year. He is getting really rich one year at a time.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:04 am

I wonder if they finally work out a long term deal now. He can't be thrilled playing under the tag again, even if it is for $23.94 million.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:46 am

I wonder if they finally work out a long term deal now.  He can't be thrilled playing under the tag again, even if it is for $23.94 million.

I think he hates the Redskins and they don't trust him to be honest.

He has been on record of saying he is happy to take the $24 million in the meantime. He will be a FA no matter what next year, but he has gotten $44Million guaranteed the last two years.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:24 am

Naperville Divine wrote:
Cousins get franchise tag again.  This time he gets $23.94 million for 2017.

I know he wants long term contract, but damn that is alot of money for one year.  He is getting really rich one year at a time.

They cant commit to him for some reason

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Rumors of a potential 3 way deal. Cousins to SF, draft picks to Dallas, Romo to Washington. surprised Sounds like a good deal for Dallas if it happens.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Just read that. That would be awesome. Won't happen, but would be awesome!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:13 pm

Pass on Cousins thanks

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:12 am

Contacted by PFT's Mike Florio, "multiple sources with direct knowledge of the situation scoffed" at NFL Network's report/rumor of a three-way trade sending Tony Romo to Washington, Kirk Cousins to San Francisco, and other compensation to Dallas.

One source called the rumor "conjecture," and Florio says Ian Rapoport effectively "made up" the story. Rapoport also reported Friday that Julio Jones was having foot surgery on Monday, but he isn't. The Cowboys certainly would not want to send Romo to a division rival, and there is no reason for Dallas to be involved in any trade sending Cousins to the 49ers. Florio wrote that Rapoport "gets points for creativity and for filling a slow Friday afternoon with a little intrigue." Put simply, the three-way trade isn't happening and was so unrealistic it almost seemed concocted from an online message board.

laughing

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:09 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Pass on Cousins thanks

lol3

Glad you won't be bidding on him when he hits FA...
wink

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:09 pm

Wow. If true, wow.

Quote :
According to NFL Network's Mike Silver, it is "more likely than not" the 49ers acquire franchise player Kirk Cousins from the Redskins.
If so, it would be surprising if the trade did not involve Washington acquiring the No. 2 overall pick in April's draft. San Francisco's current supporting cast would be a significant concern for Cousins' outlook in the Bay Area, but he is coveted by new coach Kyle Shanahan, and the Niners will still have nine draft picks if they trade their first-rounder. The Redskins also look likely to lose DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon in free agency, essentially dismantling an offense that last year finished No. 3 in yards per game and No. 12 in points. They are also expected to part ways with talented GM Scot

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:55 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:

coffee

Because the Redskins only spend that kind of cash in free agency on players that are washed up or actually have no real talent. And they are even worse when it comes to QBs.  frustrated

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:23 am

Not sure what the hell is going on in DC, but I like the chaotic feel to it. I read that he is asking for a trade now. I would too if I were in his spot I think. Problem is, I am not sure I would want to land in SF. It's not like that mess of a situation is better than Was.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:18 am

How does Washington seem to fuck everything up every year? Unless they get the 49ers 1st rd pick they royally fuck up and even then it's been a clusterfuck situation. Is Matt Millen secretively giving Dan Snyder advice behind the scenes? Washington historically has some of the worst decision makers in the game.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:48 am

This fuckig team

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:13 am

They tag him, and then get rid of all of his weapons. I'd wanna get the fuck out too!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:16 am

What a train wreck. I love this. Pay the fucking guy!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:42 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Well if Glennon is somehow worth 15M per year, WTF is Cousins worth?  30M  per year?  

No sooner does WASH become somewhat relevant after a 20 odd year hiatus and then everyone (players) wants out and POOF back to shit they go.  Cousins will be gone as soon as he can walk.  They may as well trade him and salvage something before the actually end up with nothing.  Hey, maybe they can bring back RG III he ought to last a few games before he scums to injury once again.

Oh, and WTF is with firing the GM the day F/A opens anyways?  Talk about a stupid fucking move.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Well if Glennon is somehow worth 15M per year, WTF is Cousins worth?  30M  per year?  

No sooner does WASH become somewhat relevant after a 20 odd year hiatus and then everyone (players) wants out and POOF back to shit they go.  Cousins will be gone as soon as he can walk.  They may as well trade him and salvage something before the actually end up with nothing.  Hey, maybe they can bring back RG III he ought to last a few games before he scums to injury once again.

Oh, and WTF is with firing the GM the day F/A opens anyways?  Talk about a stupid fucking move.

shrug

I guess the GM had problems with alcohol and had other issues. He just disappeared in the days before free agency and didn't show up to the combine.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:53 pm

shrug

Because he was the only person in America that was drunker than I was last night, and they didn't want him to make any more stupid moves. rofl[/quote]

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:58 pm

Oh so for months or more nobody noticed the GM was a piss tank?  He must be a "Master Level Alcoholic"  

Guess if I had to work for smugly Snyder I'd likely be a pisser too.

beer

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:11 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

shrug

Because he was the only person in America that was drunker than I was last night, and they didn't want him to make any more stupid moves. rofl

The difference is he has a problem, and you are a champ!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:38 pm

Apparently refusing to negotiate a long term deal whilst Bruce Allen is president.

So gets his choice of team next year.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Quote :
Profootballtalk reports there's a "growing belief" in league circles the Browns could pursue Redskins franchise player Kirk Cousins.

Per a league source, Cousins' concern upon signing the franchise tag was that he could be traded, "specifically" to Cleveland. The Browns have the cap space, draft picks and need to pursue a deal. Were Cousins to be acquired without a long-term contract already in tow, the sides would have until July 15 to come to an agreement. Although he's tried to tamp down the speculation in recent days, Cousins appears bitterly unhappy in Washington.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:09 pm

get some

So much media driven BS. I'll believe whatever happens when it happens.

On Adam Schefter's Know Them From Adam podcast, franchise-tagged Kirk Cousins claimed he never demanded a trade to owner Dan Snyder. "I did inquire if there was any interest in trading me to get an understanding of their perspective," Cousins said. "The answer I got back was Mr. Snyder communicated his belief in me and desire for me to remain a Redskin." It is possible he never "demanded" a trade, but there has been too much smoke about Cousins wanting to get out of Washington for there not to be any fire. It still seems unlikely the two sides work out a long-term extension before the July 15 deadline. wrote:

Driving the narrative gets clicks. People just love to hate on the Redskins, and readers eat it up. So annoying

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:14 pm

#FREEKIRK laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   

Back to top Go down

Kirk Cousins QB WAS
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-