HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Kirk Cousins QB WAS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:17 am

Just business....Cousins betting on a great season, more offers...maybe Washington makes the big commitment, maybe not...lot of $

Washington wanted a six-year deal with Cousins, with four of them not guaranteed

Posted by Mike Florio on July 17, 2017, 6:30 PM EDT

Getty Images
A year ago, Washington wasn’t inclined to guarantee at signing the amount that quarterback Kirk Cousins would have gotten under the franchise tag in 2016 and 2017. This year, that attitude changed; the back end of the deal was the problem.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the team’s offer that included more than $53 million guaranteed at signing covered the $23.94 million franchise tag in 2017 and the $28.72 million transition tag in 2018, and then some (by a little). The problem is that the team wanted four more non-guaranteed years after that.

In other words, the team wanted a two-year commitment and then a series of four one-year options. Cousins wasn’t inclined to commit to a deal that committed him (but not the team) from 2019 through 2022.

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:14 am

I am continuously amazed by how badly billionaires bungle deals with players. Somehow they were smart enough to make billions...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:18 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
I am continuously amazed by how badly billionaires bungle deals with players. Somehow they were smart enough to make billions...

Yup...two years ago they could have tied him up for a song..."they weren't sure of his long term value".  Now, the table has turned.    ROFL

Quote :
Speaking with 106.7 The Fan, Kirk Cousins said he did not make a counter offer to the Redskins because he "needed more time" to assess the organization.

Last edited by Oaktown Malosos on Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:48 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Two completely different skill sets, but I hear what you are saying.  Snyder is one of the worst offenders though.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   

Back to top Go down

Kirk Cousins QB WAS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: