:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Kirk Cousins QB WAS

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Thu May 17, 2012 6:36 pm

(KFFL) Washington Redskins QB Kirk Cousins feels he will receive an opportunity to play if he shows he is good enough. "The cream always rises to the top, so if I'm as good as I hope to be some day, then I'm going to get that opportunity - whether here or somewhere else," Cousins said. "But this is a great opportunity to learn and develop and to grow."

UHHHH Somewhere else.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Thu May 17, 2012 6:46 pm

I am with ya Kirk.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:10 pm

Quote :
Coach Mike Shanahan confirmed that Kirk Cousins will take all the first-team offseason reps.

No way Bob is ready week 1.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:02 pm

Quote :
Cousins started Thursday's preseason game and looked sharped, completing 6 of 7 passes for 52 yards and a touchdown. Analysis: Cousins will see a lot of action during the preseason with RGIII sitting out until Week 1. However, RGIII is on target to start the regular season.
He's going to make a really tasty bit of trade bait.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:36 pm

I like his game...I didn't like the landing spot but if that Subway sandwich representative gets hurt again he will get another chance to show what he's got.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:34 am

Quote :
Updating a previous report, Washington Redskins QB Kirk Cousins (foot) had X-rays on his foot -- injured during a preseason game on Monday, Aug. 19 -- but they came back negative. The injury is being called a mid-foot sprain. Analysis: Ironically, Cousins -- who, of course, has been starting this preseason for the injured RGIII -- was injured scrambling outside the pocket when he was tackled on the sideline by the Steelers' Lawrence Timmons. Depending on the severity, Cousins' preseason might be done, but all signs point toward Griffin starting in Week 1.
Another "mid-foot" sprain. *shiver*

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:44 am

Haha meet Washington's new starting QB.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:48 am

How long is this kid's contract? If I were a QB needy team I would trade for him right now. He already looks better than Ponder, Cassel, Geno (it hurts me to say it though) and Locker. If the skins play their cards right they may be able to get their 2014 first back trading Cousins.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:00 am

I just assumed that Washington would trade Cousins for a first round pick this off-season. Too many teams need a QB who doesn't blow chunks.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:52 am

I liked Cousins before the draft. He hasn't done anything to hurt his stock in my eyes.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:59 am

This team is a fucking mess

Back to top Go down
Luxembourg Miners

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:15 am

Agreed

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:32 am

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
How long is this kid's contract? If I were a QB needy team I would trade for him right now. He already looks better than Ponder, Cassel, Geno (it hurts me to say it though) and Locker. If the skins play their cards right they may be able to get their 2014 first back trading Cousins.

A 1st? That may be aiming a lil too high IMO. However, I could certainly see a 2nd rounder going for Cousins, or even a package like a late 2nd and 4th/5th. I think the Skins are definately trying to showcase him some over the final 3 weeks to garner some interest and buzz.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:09 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Carolina Werewolves wrote:

A 1st? That may be aiming a lil too high IMO. However, I could certainly see a 2nd rounder going for Cousins, or even a package like a late 2nd and 4th/5th. I think the Skins are definately trying to showcase him some over the final 3 weeks to garner some interest and buzz.

I think that's what they're trying to do as well, but these backup QBs don't seem to ever go for what their value gets hyped up as. Like the Pats thought they'd get a 1st for Cassell after he went 11-5 in 2008. They had to give Cassell AND Vrabel to get a 2nd. The Pats also thought they'd be able to reel in a 2nd for Hoyer, and they had to release him because there were no takers. Ironically, he showed the flashes in Cleveland this year of why they thought he was worth a trade like that, but teams don't generally seem interested in following through when it's time to pull the trigger. Matt Flynn can probably take a good bit of the blame for GMs' hesitation on paying a premium for backup QBs with a small sample size of production, lol.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:44 pm

I would be shocked if another team gave up a first for Cousins, unless it was a late 1st.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
I would be shocked if another team gave up a first for Cousins,  unless it was a late 1st.  

I think even if he lights the world on fire for the next 3 games, the Skins'll be lucky to net a 2nd for him. Tops.
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:40 pm

shacknado wrote:
I would be shocked if another team gave up a first for Cousins,  unless it was a late 1st.  

I think even if he lights the world on fire for the next 3 games, the Skins'll be lucky to net a 2nd for him. Tops.

I agree with this but I am not sure if I feel it is the right thing. I still don't blame Flynn for that situation but Kolb certainly hurt the cause. A guy named Matt Cassel didn't exactly do any favors either.

I would like to see Cousins get a starting gig somewhere.

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:17 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Kolb certainly hurt the cause.  A guy named Matt Cassel didn't exactly do any favors either.

I would like to see Cousins get a starting gig somewhere.

Kolb is a great example, like a buyer beware urban legend that GMs shiver over at night.

Cassel was a stranger case because he had a legit sample size of an entire season (Brady went down on the first DRIVE of the year as I remember it). Cassel went 11-5, which inexplicably wasn't enough to make the playoffs that year, but would've been almost any other year. In retrospect, he clearly benefitted from the heavy artillery of weapons around him; turns out even mediocre QBs can look impressive with a late-prime Randy Moss and an mid-prime Wes Welker.

But ultimately I agree and hope Cousins can land a starting gig somewhere. He came off the board less than a full round after Russell Wilson, and just 13 picks after Nick Foles, so if he's anywhere near the caliber of QB he was drafted around, he's certainly worthy of a legit shot at a starting job.
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:56 pm

My comments aren't intended to suggest that he doesn't deserve a starting gig, perhaps he does... I am just saying I don't think the Redskins can realistically expect anything higher than a second round pick as an offer for him...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:41 pm

My comments aren't intended to suggest that he doesn't deserve a starting gig,  perhaps he does...   I am just saying I don't think the Redskins can realistically expect anything higher than a second round pick as an offer for him...

agree 

Back to top Go down
Vegas Beach Tiger Sharks

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:55 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
My comments aren't intended to suggest that he doesn't deserve a starting gig,  perhaps he does...   I am just saying I don't think the Redskins can realistically expect anything higher than a second round pick as an offer for him...

agree 
x3  :agreed2: 
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:06 pm

Quote :
Cousins is open to being traded, ESPN.com reports. Analysis: This is hardly an earth-shaking development, as the Redskins are clearly committed to Robert Griffin III as their starter and seemed to be showcasing Cousins for a trade in the final three games of the season. While Cousins went 0-3 as a starter and completed just 52.3 percent of his passes in 2013, he reportedly feels he's ready to start for an NFL team. Kyle Shanahan, who worked with Cousins in Washington over the last two years, is now the Browns' offensive coordinator, leading to some speculation that Cleveland could be a possible landing spot for the 25-year-old.

One of the few backups I could see being a decent starter.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:58 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Cousins is open to being traded, ESPN.com reports. Analysis: This is hardly an earth-shaking development, as the Redskins are clearly committed to Robert Griffin III as their starter and seemed to be showcasing Cousins for a trade in the final three games of the season. While Cousins went 0-3 as a starter and completed just 52.3 percent of his passes in 2013, he reportedly feels he's ready to start for an NFL team. Kyle Shanahan, who worked with Cousins in Washington over the last two years, is now the Browns' offensive coordinator, leading to some speculation that Cleveland could be a possible landing spot for the 25-year-old.

One of the few backups I could see being a decent starter.

Well, they did get a 1st from the Colts for nothing....................

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:42 pm

Kirk Cousins is the new Matt Cassel, Matt Flynn, Mark Sanchez, Chad Henne and on and on and on.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:16 pm

I don't think Washington will be able to get a first rounder for Cousins,  especially with the good class of rookies this year...   but I could see a team giving a 2nd rounder for him.   He might develop into a starter,  but worst case scenario is the guy can be a decent backup QB.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:35 pm

Quote :
GRUDEN: KIRK COUSINS IS REDSKINS' STARTING QB FOR 2015

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:57 pm

It'll be McCoy time soon enough!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:34 pm

Garcon/Reed as safety valve.... pray

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:49 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Garcon/Reed as safety valve....  pray

I can see Garcon, but Reed is a turd and cannot catch balls from the sideline. (Pissed off Reed owner).

Back to top Go down
Kirksville Growlers

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:42 pm

This door hasnt shut on anyone. Losing teams will revolve QBs and this team is bad

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:08 pm

England Dragons wrote:

I didn't watch every game the 'skins played, but I recall McCoy looking like the only competent QB they had (competent in the "acceptable backup quarterback" mold.) Cousins had, what, one or two good games before reality set in? I was surprised they benched McCoy when RGIII came back, he was keeping them in games at least.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

I didn't watch every game the 'skins played, but I recall McCoy looking like the only competent QB they had (competent in the "acceptable backup quarterback" mold.) Cousins had, what, one or two good games before reality set in? I was surprised they benched McCoy when RGIII came back, he was keeping them in games at least.

I think that is strictly on them for feeling handcuffed into forcing him to being the guy. They sacrificed the future of the franchise for him, they really wanted it to work.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:08 pm

Mike Shanahan said yesterday that he likes Kirk Cousins, and that he will be a top 10 QB?!?!   ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Winsted Psychos

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:28 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Mike Shanahan said yesterday that he likes Kirk Cousins, and that he will be a top 10 QB?!?!   ROTFLMAO

He could be a top 10 IMO.... Just not while playing for the Redskins....

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:59 pm

Quote :
Redskins coach Jay Gruden confirms he plans to build around impending free agent Kirk Cousins.

Cousins said following Sunday's loss he wasn't sure how much he was "wanted" by the Redskins, but they've made their intentions clear time and again. He'll be back in Washington for 2016. The question is whether it's via the franchise tag or long-term deal. Cousins had a strong year, but would be a major stretch at franchise tag money, which should hover around $20 million.

How much is he worth? Obviously, the debate is how much will he get paid vs how much do you think he is worth is going to happen, so tell both.

I say: Worth $12 Million/year, Will get $18 Million/year.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:12 pm

Redskins actually have a bright future, brighter than its been in a long time. They drastically overpay for everyone, they're not going to stop now. I think he's a 20million/year man.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:15 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Redskins actually have a bright future, brighter than its been in a long time. They drastically overpay for everyone, they're not going to stop now. I think he's a 20million/year man.

How much do you think he is WORTH?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:29 pm

Quote :
Redskins assigned the non-exclusive franchise tag to QB Kirk Cousins.

According to the Washington Post's Mike Jones, it's "what Cousins' camp wanted." Profootballtalk's Mike Florio expects Cousins to sign the tag "immediately." The one-year tender locks Cousins into $19.953 million for 2016, and gives the sides over four months to hammer out a long-term deal. The "non-exclusive" nature of the tag means Cousins can negotiate with other teams, but the Redskins have the right to match any offer. Were Cousins to sign elsewhere and the Redskins decided not to match, they would receive two first-round picks as compensation. Even in a quarterback-starved league, it's not going to happen.

Another that we knew, but it is now official.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:58 am

Quote :
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the 49ers would go "hard" after Kirk Cousins if he is available.
Even if the Redskins hit Cousins with another franchise tag, Schefter reports the 49ers may be willing to part with a trade package that includes the No. 2 overall pick to land the quarterback. With former offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan almost certain to take over as head coach, Cousins would likely be open to a move to San Francisco. There is little doubt Washington will place the exclusive franchise tag on Cousins if the two sides cannot work out a long-term deal, but even that might not be the end of the saga.

I wouldn't consider this a bad idea for the Niners to land somebody like Cousins.  Their whole franchise is such a disaster, but this would be a step in the right direction.  Better than drafting a QB in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:43 pm

I don't like it at all!!! lol3

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:16 pm

The Redskins just need to suck up their pride and pay the man. He has done nothing the last two years but be a very good NFL QB. You can't go on the streets and find a 5,000/25 TD guy.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
The Redskins just need to suck up their pride and pay the man. He has done nothing the last two years but be a very good NFL QB. You can't go on the streets and find a 5,000/25 TD guy.

I like your thinking Nick...Hope the Skins front office agree.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:12 am

Who exactly would play QB for the Redskins if they got rid of Cousins? They seem to have finally found a guy who can play decently, I don't know how you give that up, particularly in today's NFL. Would they draft a QB at #2 (that worked out fantastically last time they did it). Would they take Kaep back and have him play QB? His antics in DC should go over real well. This makes no sense to me at all. Which is why I am all for it! Go Giants. rofl

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:18 am

If Shanahan lands in SF, I think its a no brainer for Cousins to follow, unless Washington backs up a Brinks truck for him. Then SF could spend the #2 pick on Defensive help.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:21 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
If Shanahan lands in SF, I think its a no brainer for Cousins to follow, unless Washington backs up a Brinks truck for him.  Then SF could spend the #2 pick on Defensive help.

I don't see a scenario where SF gets Cousins and keeps the #2 pick

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:39 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
If Shanahan lands in SF, I think its a no brainer for Cousins to follow, unless Washington backs up a Brinks truck for him.  Then SF could spend the #2 pick on Defensive help.

agree

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:48 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:

What if Washington doesn't Franchise Tag him again and choose to try to sign him to a long term deal? Similar to the Suh scenario in Detroit.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:18 am

I just don't see them risking losing him without the compensation

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:52 pm

Could be one to watch but very surprised if the Redskins don't tie him up on a longer deal this year.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:34 am

Quote :
Redskins team president Bruce Allen was adamant on Tuesday that free agent Kirk Cousins isn't going anywhere.
Allen said that on a 1-10 scale -- 10 being the highest -- the odds of Cousins staying in Washington were a 10. "Yeah. Kirk is our quarterback," Allen said. "He's played well the last two years. I know there's other speculation, but it doesn't come from the Redskins." The "speculation" is that the 49ers might make a run at Cousins whenever Kyle Shanahan is named their head coach. Shanahan coached Cousins in D.C., and San Francisco needs a quarterback. Unfortunately for them, it doesn't sound like Cousins is getting out of Washington.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kirk Cousins QB WAS   

Back to top Go down

Kirk Cousins QB WAS
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: