HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:38 pm

don't worry Bern.. we're sending offers to Tom to keep this going.  

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Ok Tom, where the fuck did you get the WB's to bid on Judon again?  Is there a trade out there somewhere?  I'm refreshing every 30 seconds.  This ain't good. frustrated

ALL WILL BE REVEALED...sooner than you may like. Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:42 pm

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
North Wales Knights wrote:
If youre gonna make a deal... why not make it for enough WBs to cover Tom's whole stash? shrug shrug shrug

He did, right?  Isn't Tom capped at 97 and Bern can go as high as 104?

That's how I see it

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:46 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:

Just remember the current exchange rate.  WB's are like gold, don't undersell! grin

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:47 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I wonder if there is a middle ground somewhere.  Maybe something like you can nominate your own players, but there's a 5 WB fee or something (or more).  Would give those who feel strongly about it the option, but it wouldn't just be an almost free opportunity to get your nominations out of the way.

I genuinely feel like there are infinite possibilities when it comes to making rules.  RW is proof of that and I know of many other leagues and folks who have devised all sorts of crazy (in a good way) stuff.

Personally I like this obviously but if others want to brainstorm along the lines you're talking...all the power to them!  Maybe someone will come up with something even better.

I could be wrong, I just think on this topic the opinions are differing mainly because of what folks see as the outcome for this process.  

In case anyone is going to put effort into a proposal, let me help with a few key principals for RW...

Current owners have a few options to retain players but very few are clear-cut advantages.
All owners have a means to acquire MOST players on expiring contracts.
The strategies of owners are endless.

If a proposal is going to swing things heavily in favor of one side or the other then I don't think it will be successful here as that isn't the intent.  The old way was flawed and the way you could tell was that it was clearly advantageous for current owners to get their tagged players up for auction first so they could control much more the overall RFA outcome for their team.

Hope that helps.

If we have an idea on this should we post here or email you?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:02 pm

I wonder if there is a middle ground somewhere.  Maybe something like you can nominate your own players, but there's a 5 WB fee or something (or more).  Would give those who feel strongly about it the option, but it wouldn't just be an almost free opportunity to get your nominations out of the way.

I genuinely feel like there are infinite possibilities when it comes to making rules.  RW is proof of that and I know of many other leagues and folks who have devised all sorts of crazy (in a good way) stuff.

Personally I like this obviously but if others want to brainstorm along the lines you're talking...all the power to them!  Maybe someone will come up with something even better.

I could be wrong, I just think on this topic the opinions are differing mainly because of what folks see as the outcome for this process.  

In case anyone is going to put effort into a proposal, let me help with a few key principals for RW...

Current owners have a few options to retain players but very few are clear-cut advantages.
All owners have a means to acquire MOST players on expiring contracts.
The strategies of owners are endless.

If a proposal is going to swing things heavily in favor of one side or the other then I don't think it will be successful here as that isn't the intent.  The old way was flawed and the way you could tell was that it was clearly advantageous for current owners to get their tagged players up for auction first so they could control much more the overall RFA outcome for their team.

Hope that helps.

If we have an idea on this should we post here or email you?

Shoot me an email if it's a proposal and I'll note it for January (and/or reply if I need clarification and such). Thanks

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:08 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Ok Tom, where the fuck did you get the WB's to bid on Judon again?  Is there a trade out there somewhere?  I'm refreshing every 30 seconds.  This ain't good. frustrated

ALL WILL BE REVEALED...sooner than you may like. Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:25 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:

Just remember the current exchange rate.  WB's are like gold, don't undersell! grin
Which is why its not a good time to buy!! Ie a terrible time frustrated

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:47 pm

Oh man, Tom just waged round 2 of the war -- this time going after Diggs.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:21 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Oh man, Tom just waged round 2 of the war -- this time going after Diggs.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:28 pm

Easy there Lil' Buddy...I'm doing you a solid here.  I read an article by Mike Florio, that suggested it is not a sound practice to have two WR's from the same team.  Just trying to keep you from making any further mistakes...You see here at the DOC, we genuinely care about our brethren.  love

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:31 am

OMG BERN AND TOM are so awesome! KILL KILL KILL! This is like an old fashion gladiatorial battle where we all want it to end with someone getting a sword through the throat! KILL KILL KILL! WOOOOOOO I wish I had more WB's I would steal anyone right now, I would steal my mom's backup Kicker if I could!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:48 am

I feel so bad for Bern. Bern, do you feel like you are being pushed around the playground and you can't defend yourself?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:03 am

Holy cow, another 21 hour bid keeps Jake Ryan alive. 10 days, 14 WB's...

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:19 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

shrug

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:12 pm

I think I've been given too many WB's back into my account.  I was down to 4 WB after the Ogletree battle.  Oaktown won Diggs but that was only a 25 WB investment, not 50.  Shouldn't I now be sitting at 29 WB's?  I retained Ogletree so those initial 50 WB's I put up are still gone, right?  Just wanted to make sure.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:03 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
I think I've been given too many WB's back into my account.  I was down to 4 WB after the Ogletree battle.  Oaktown won Diggs but that was only a 25 WB investment, not 50.  Shouldn't I now be sitting at 29 WB's?  I retained Ogletree so those initial 50 WB's I put up are still gone, right?  Just wanted to make sure.

Hey Bud...they haven't been adjusted yet.  Nick just highlighted (green) to indicate the auctions are closed; Andy will process with the final calculations (grey). thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:29 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Hey Bud...they haven't been adjusted yet.  Nick just highlighted (green) to indicate the auctions are closed; Andy will process with the final calculations (grey). thumbsup

Ahhh, I just saw the 54 on the MFL site and I thought 50 was added instead of 25. high five

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:08 am

The Terrible Twelve Conference is now in Stage 3 of the RFA process.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:04 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

And it continues.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:11 am

In hindsight, I'm wondering if it would have been easier for Bern to defend Carr if he had made him his FT and Ogletree his SFT.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:47 am

So since we are in stage 3, I don't have to have an auction that I started to bid on anyone right?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:18 am

Yeah.. Stage 3 is a free for all.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:03 am

Stage 2 was that way also. Only stage 1 had that stipulation.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:58 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
In hindsight, I'm wondering if it would have been easier for Bern to defend Carr if he had made him his FT and Ogletree his SFT.

I've thought of that too.  It's just, I invested so much into getting Carr, I didn't want to risk exposing him.  At one time, I also thought of not using the SFT, going with the FT on Carr, extending Ogletree 1 year and leaving JPP unprotected and just matching whatever was bid on him.  I don't think he would've come close to the 100 WB that Ogletree did.  If I didn't use the STF, at least then I would've had an extra 100 WB's to match bids on Carr & JPP.  Who knew? shrug

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:29 am

MARK - you said you wanted my 50 WB's to make some BIG move, where is it?

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:44 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

Are you guys not paying attention? Will Lutz?! Devin McCourty?! Dontrelle Inman?!?!?! I'm shocked Sty hasn't made a video about the rampage that Mark is on since your trade!

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Here kitty, kitty, kitty....

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Make him do something Joe. overhead

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:06 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Make him do something Joe. overhead

I'm trying to wake him from his Jake Ryan catnap.  Well see if he responds

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:24 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

Are you guys not paying attention?  Will Lutz?!  Devin McCourty?!  Dontrelle Inman?!?!?!  I'm shocked Sty hasn't made a video about the rampage that Mark is on since your trade!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:58 pm

New RFA video posted between my 48 hour shift!

http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t8085-rfa-stage-crazy#191259

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:31 am

DING DONG, THE JAKE RYAN AUTION IS DEAD!
12 DAYS, 15 WB'S, AND DAVE WINS!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:22 am

nice move Mark - that's exactly what I thought you were going to do - I may have done it myself if I had the 2.12 instead of the 2.1

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:50 pm

The deadline for new nominations in Restricted Free Agency (both conferences) is 11:59pm CT on Monday May 1st.
Auctions can continue past this deadline but no new auctions may be started beyond this point.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Stat of the Day:

WB's
Entire DD Conference (12 Teams): 247
Divine: 330
KCGS: 328

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:19 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Stat of the Day:

WB's

If one of them wins the title, we're all gonna look like idiots. If anyone in DD wins (again)...

The TT conference needs a good old fashioned bully who'll turn their WBs into players who score points. Seems like first one to bid 20 gets their guy and everyone is all polite about letting them have 'em. laughing

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:08 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Stat of the Day:

WB's

If one of them wins the title, we're all gonna look like idiots.  If anyone in DD wins (again)...

The TT conference needs a good old fashioned bully who'll turn their WBs into players who score points.  Seems like first one to bid 20 gets their guy and everyone is all polite about letting them have 'em.  laughing

It's a bit intimidating, for sure. Knowing next year I'll have to protect some guys from being poached by big stacks makes me hestitant to spend much now. And so the cycle of penny pinching continues on.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:11 pm

Poaching only works on the "taxi squad"

-------

http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=8106

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   

Back to top Go down

2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: