x
x
x
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:50 pm

just curious - for you guys people wanting to nom your own players - i hearing that YOU dont like it, but would like to know if you think its better for the LEAGUE this way

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:12 am

Bern?...Bern?...Ohhhhh B-E-R-N-I-E???? (crickets) shrug

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:13 am

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:24 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
We're working on it.

Uhhhhh yeah...good luck with "that". surprised

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:16 am

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:42 am

Oh Bern...we've come so far and grown so close.  But you have broken The Man Law...NEVER, EVER, let a woman interfere with business.  So disappointed that at the first sign of trouble, you cower under pressure and run like a frightened child for the comfort of Mommy...Just PITIFUL!!  

Frankly Bern, you just don't deserve Ogletree on your team...So, I'm calling your shameful bluff and going...
ALL IN BABY!!
!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:00 am

1 match away from victory Bern! Beat that bully!

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:13 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
just curious - for you guys people wanting to nom your own players - i hearing that YOU dont like it, but would like to know if you think its better for the LEAGUE this way

Well, it's created some heavily lopsided trades due to WB desperation so that's usually not a good thing for a league.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:16 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:

Well, it's created some heavily lopsided trades due to WB desperation so that's usually not a good thing for a league.

Totally agree. Last year I nominated my tagged players right off the bat, because those were the players I wanted to make my plan around. This year I had no idea. It was frustrating, and some owners got a steal from the new setup.

In one of my other leagues we nominate all the tags first and get that handled before we move into RFA, maybe not the right choice for here, but it has always worked really well there.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:19 am

I also do not have anything to compare it to, and have not been involved in any real epic battles (yet?). I know for my own selfish benefit I would have liked to be able to nominate some of my own players to start because that would greatly impact my strategy going forward. I feel like there is a much greater likelihood of someone getting royally screwed in this process by having one of their tagged players nominated at the end unexpectedly (see Ogletree). Now I am just sitting here hoping that Craig or Eric don't come calling for one of my tagged players because there is really no option left on the open market to replace them. It's not a great feeling.

To piggy back on what Eric said earlier though, I think it probably creates more entertainment for the rest of the league when we see battles like Ogletree happen. I don't know (maybe Tom will be able to answer) if this kind of battle would have happened if Bern had tried to clear Ogletree early on by nominating him. If history shows that this would not have happened I can certainly see from a commissioner stand point why this would be beneficial for the entertainment value league.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:22 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Totally agree. Last year I nominated my tagged players right off the bat, because those were the players I wanted to make my plan around. This year I had no idea. It was frustrating, and some owners got a steal from the new setup.

In one of my other leagues we nominate all the tags first and get that handled before we move into RFA, maybe not the right choice for here, but it has always worked really well there.

Exactly what my other league does too. It is great. It is a win win for everyone. At the very least we need to be allowed to nominate our own players.

@Ed your point is well shared too

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
 If history shows that this would not have happened I can certainly see from a commissioner stand point why this would be beneficial for the entertainment value league.

If I want entertained I will turn on Netflix

laughing

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:40 am

I get your point, but those are also moves people don't HAVE to make

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:41 am

I think in a league that requires so much strategic gameplay to put that on the backburner for a "chance" card is the wrong direction.   I know I didn't go after players I would have liked to early on b/c I wanted to be able to protect guys I wanted to keep.  Personally, I would have lost Stafford anyway based on what Sty was offering, so it doesn't really bother me that I lost him.  

I think we inhibit each teams ability to strategize in their own way by putting tagged players in this bucket of chance.  We essentially set up a game of musical chairs with our tagged players with this years' setup and I think it forces teams to keep their WBs close to the vest and not go after other players.  

I don't like it.

Last edited by Whiskey Creek Gadabouts on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:49 am

I'm also in a league where they do the restricted guys first and I do like that format, but I feel there are pros & cons to them both.

I think I would not be as open to this way of doing RFA and would be very much against it if I didn't have the WB stash I have at this point in time

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:04 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I liked being able to nominate your own guys.

Yeah, but didn't Andy have a ceiling fan reference for that?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:05 am

I'm all for anything that adds more strategy -- and this adds strategy. Sure, Bern may lose out on Tree. Sure, he had to make some crazy deals to get him. But, you know what? If Tom doesn't get Tree he ends RFA with a ton of WBs and nothing to spend them on. Maybe he would have picked up a few guys or bid a few more dollars if he didn't have this bid at the very end. So maybe next year he (or someone else) bids on an RFA earlier (like Sty or we had one real early on our side -- forget the guy).

The old system basically turned all of our tags into SFTs. No one bid on them and nothing happened. I'd rather risk the potential of losing out on a tagged guy (and get my WBs back and a pick) than give up the added benefit of having actual bids on tagged guys.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:31 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
The old system basically turned all of our tags into SFTs.  No one bid on them and nothing happened

Kawann Short, Thomas Rawls, Malcolm Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Doug Baldwin were all tagged players that went to new teams last year.  Tyreek Hill, Jimmy Garoppolo, Deone Bucannon, Matthew Stafford, and K.J. Wright so far this year.  Pretty even I'd say.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:42 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
The old system basically turned all of our tags into SFTs.  No one bid on them and nothing happened

Kawann Short, Thomas Rawls, Malcolm Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Doug Baldwin were all tagged players that went to new teams last year.  Tyreek Hill, Jimmy Garoppolo, Deone Bucannon, Matthew Stafford, and K.J. Wright so far this year.  Pretty even I'd say.

True but you're missing one key fact, at least on the TT side.

RFA opened on April 3rd and a lot of tagged guys went on the block.

Kawann Short didn't get bid on until April 18th and not by the guy that tagged him.
Thomas Rawls didn't get bid on until April 11th and not by the guy that tagged him.
Malcolm Smith didn't get bid on until April 8th and not by the guy that tagged him.
Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't get bid on until April 4th and not by the owner that tagged him.

Doug Baldwin, on the DD side, was the only tagged player put up for bid by his own team to be lost.
He was also the only tagged player put up for bid on the 1st day that was lost to another team.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:09 am

Not sure that that changes the fact that the statement, "No one bid on them and nothing happened" is not accurate.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:29 am

Not sure that that changes the fact that the statement, "No one bid on them and nothing happened" is not accurate.

It's tough if you haven't seen it before. On day 1, the board was full of tagged players. And we sat there for a day while they got cleared off the board. That remains true to this day. Once that first day passed, RFA is basically the same now as it was then. So using evidence of information after the first day doesn't really establish that nothing has changed.

And the 4 guys that did switch teams did so when they were first bid on by another owner -- the current system.

So, yes, I stand by my statement.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:00 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I'm all for anything that adds more strategy -- and this adds strategy.  Sure, Bern may lose out on Tree.  Sure, he had to make some crazy deals to get him.  But, you know what?  If Tom doesn't get Tree he ends RFA with a ton of WBs and nothing to spend them on.  Maybe he would have picked up a few guys or bid a few more dollars if he didn't have this bid at the very end.  So maybe next year he (or someone else) bids on an RFA earlier (like Sty or we had one real early on our side -- forget the guy).

The old system basically turned all of our tags into SFTs.  No one bid on them and nothing happened.  I'd rather risk the potential of losing out on a tagged guy (and get my WBs back and a pick) than give up the added benefit of having actual bids on tagged guys.

Thanks.

The old way was so much in favor of owners retaining their top players that I am surprised that this isn't a slam dunk in everyones eyes. Oh well. The only thing that frustrates me is the arguments of "I liked it the other way because I want to control MY players and know what I'm doing the rest of the way" because honestly when evaluating something like this you have to be looking at it from a what is best for the league standpoint, not what it means for you personally.

The old way was dull...all big names were done one day 1 like you said and then the sways of fortune beyond that were minimal and nobody faced much if any turmoil. Even if your tagged player was taken from you, you were compensated up front and were able to use that throughout the rest of RFA thus minimizing the impact significantly.

Today, while you can say it's gambling or something similar....all owners need to really work hard in not only assessing their own players values when it comes to allocating tags, but they need to assess the best use of their funds in attempting to acquire players from other teams as well as protect players they have matching rights to (tagged or not) and unlike before, one strategy can be for a team with cash to wait for another team to spend themselves into an exposed position and capitalize on that situation.

Oh well. Thought there would have been more support for it but I was wrong. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:17 am

The way we are doing it is the only way I know. I think this is the way it should be. I've had to make deals, not because I wanted to, but it was necessary. They may not be "fair trades" or "trades everyone/anyone/nobody approves of", but it's my team. I did what was necessary to retain one of my key players. I could have let him go, and the 70+ WB's and the pick was definately tempting. My heart sank when I saw Tyreek go up. But, I knew I needed to find a way to retain him. I had a rooting interest in my team from day one. I drafted these guys. It definitely adds another dimension.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:30 am

I wonder if there is a middle ground somewhere. Maybe something like you can nominate your own players, but there's a 5 WB fee or something (or more). Would give those who feel strongly about it the option, but it wouldn't just be an almost free opportunity to get your nominations out of the way.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:04 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I wonder if there is a middle ground somewhere.  Maybe something like you can nominate your own players, but there's a 5 WB fee or something (or more).  Would give those who feel strongly about it the option, but it wouldn't just be an almost free opportunity to get your nominations out of the way.

I genuinely feel like there are infinite possibilities when it comes to making rules. RW is proof of that and I know of many other leagues and folks who have devised all sorts of crazy (in a good way) stuff.

Personally I like this obviously but if others want to brainstorm along the lines you're talking...all the power to them! Maybe someone will come up with something even better.

I could be wrong, I just think on this topic the opinions are differing mainly because of what folks see as the outcome for this process.

In case anyone is going to put effort into a proposal, let me help with a few key principals for RW...

Current owners have a few options to retain players but very few are clear-cut advantages.
All owners have a means to acquire MOST players on expiring contracts.
The strategies of owners are endless.

If a proposal is going to swing things heavily in favor of one side or the other then I don't think it will be successful here as that isn't the intent. The old way was flawed and the way you could tell was that it was clearly advantageous for current owners to get their tagged players up for auction first so they could control much more the overall RFA outcome for their team.

Hope that helps.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:07 am

Charm City Justice wrote:
 I don't know (maybe Tom will be able to answer) if this kind of battle would have happened if Bern had tried to clear Ogletree early on by nominating him.  If history shows that this would not have happened I can certainly see from a commissioner stand point why this would be beneficial for the entertainment value league.

Yeah...I will comment in full, once the fun ends. lol3

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:09 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I wonder if there is a middle ground somewhere.  Maybe something like you can nominate your own players, but there's a 5 WB fee or something (or more).  Would give those who feel strongly about it the option, but it wouldn't just be an almost free opportunity to get your nominations out of the way.

I genuinely feel like there are infinite possibilities when it comes to making rules.  RW is proof of that and I know of many other leagues and folks who have devised all sorts of crazy (in a good way) stuff.

Personally I like this obviously but if others want to brainstorm along the lines you're talking...all the power to them!  Maybe someone will come up with something even better.

I could be wrong, I just think on this topic the opinions are differing mainly because of what folks see as the outcome for this process.  

In case anyone is going to put effort into a proposal, let me help with a few key principals for RW...

Current owners have a few options to retain players but very few are clear-cut advantages.

If a proposal is going to swing things heavily in favor of one side or the other then I don't think it will be successful here as that isn't the intent.  The old way was flawed and the way you could tell was that it was clearly advantageous for current owners to get their tagged players up for auction first so they could control much more the overall RFA outcome for their team.

Hope that helps.

One option that could make sense is that, by starting a bid on your own player, you relinquish the right to a return of your tag money if you don't win the player. With this, most wouldn't start a bid on their own player unless it's a guy that they know they absolutely don't want to lose.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:20 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

I genuinely feel like there are infinite possibilities when it comes to making rules.  RW is proof of that and I know of many other leagues and folks who have devised all sorts of crazy (in a good way) stuff.

Personally I like this obviously but if others want to brainstorm along the lines you're talking...all the power to them!  Maybe someone will come up with something even better.

If a proposal is going to swing things heavily in favor of one side or the other then I don't think it will be successful here as that isn't the intent.  The old way was flawed and the way you could tell was that it was clearly advantageous for current owners to get their tagged players up for auction first so they could control much more the overall RFA outcome for their team.

Hope that helps.

One option that could make sense is that, by starting a bid on your own player, you relinquish the right to a return of your tag money if you don't win the player.  With this, most wouldn't start a bid on their own player unless it's a guy that they know they absolutely don't want to lose.  

vote yes

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:25 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

One option that could make sense is that, by starting a bid on your own player, you relinquish the right to a return of your tag money if you don't win the player.  With this, most wouldn't start a bid on their own player unless it's a guy that they know they absolutely don't want to lose.  

That's interesting.

My first reaction is that is what one has a SFT for. So by doing that would you be minimizing the value of the SFT (which is pricey on purpose)?

The other thing that I think would be VERY LIKELY is that either nobody would take that gamble (thus the result is what we have today) or everyone would use it on certain players knowing full well they won't see that sort of action and thus a second SFT is achieved (which one can technically accomplish today if they really want anyway).

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:36 am

Nice to see the Jake Ryan auction still going strong after 9 days.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:49 am

Nice to see the Jake Ryan auction still going strong after 9 days.

Nine days and all the way up to 14WB's... rofl

Who the hell is he, anyway???  wink

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:53 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

That's interesting.

My first reaction is that is what one has a SFT for.  So by doing that would you be minimizing the value of the SFT (which is pricey on purpose)?

The other thing that I think would be VERY LIKELY is that either nobody would take that gamble (thus the result is what we have today) or everyone would use it on certain players knowing full well they won't see that sort of action and thus a second SFT is achieved (which one can technically accomplish today if they really want anyway).

I don't see it as a second SFT. It's a huge gamble and one that I don't think that many would take on. Once you start that auction, you better win or you just lost your guy and get nothing back but a pick. Basically you paid 50 WBs for a 1st or 25 WBs for a 2nd. We can argue about relative value but that's certainly not what the tagging owner wanted when they started the bid.

Also, it places the tagging owner at a significant disadvantage as opposed to waiting for the bidding to happen later. If they wait, they at least have a better landing (pick and tag money) if they lose.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I'm all for anything that adds more strategy -- and this adds strategy.  Sure, Bern may lose out on Tree.  Sure, he had to make some crazy deals to get him.  But, you know what?  If Tom doesn't get Tree he ends RFA with a ton of WBs and nothing to spend them on.  Maybe he would have picked up a few guys or bid a few more dollars if he didn't have this bid at the very end.  So maybe next year he (or someone else) bids on an RFA earlier (like Sty or we had one real early on our side -- forget the guy).

The old system basically turned all of our tags into SFTs.  No one bid on them and nothing happened.  I'd rather risk the potential of losing out on a tagged guy (and get my WBs back and a pick) than give up the added benefit of having actual bids on tagged guys.

Thanks.  

The old way was so much in favor of owners retaining their top players that I am surprised that this isn't a slam dunk in everyones eyes.  Oh well.  The only thing that frustrates me is the arguments of "I liked it the other way because I want to control MY players and know what I'm doing the rest of the way" because honestly when evaluating something like this you have to be looking at it from a what is best for the league standpoint, not what it means for you personally.

The old way was dull...all big names were done one day 1 like you said and then the sways of fortune beyond that were minimal and nobody faced much if any turmoil.  Even if your tagged player was taken from you, you were compensated up front and were able to use that throughout the rest of RFA thus minimizing the impact significantly.

Today, while you can say it's gambling or something similar....all owners need to really work hard in not only assessing their own players values when it comes to allocating tags, but they need to assess the best use of their funds in attempting to acquire players from other teams as well as protect players they have matching rights to (tagged or not) and unlike before, one strategy can be for a team with cash to wait for another team to spend themselves into an exposed position and capitalize on that situation.  

Oh well.  Thought there would have been more support for it but I was wrong.  Thanks for the feedback everyone.

cheers

Andy I get what you are saying but for me I like to control more of my outcome. It is my team, my players, even if they are not fully mine cause the contract is zero....I still like to have control of my destiny in a more complete opportunity. I dont want others to control mine when I can help it. I also want to go get some players I want but if I am hesitating because I dont know what money I need to protect ones I want.....then I guess I dont get to bid as much on them as I mightve.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

That's interesting.

My first reaction is that is what one has a SFT for.  So by doing that would you be minimizing the value of the SFT (which is pricey on purpose)?

I don't see it as a second SFT.  It's a huge gamble and one that I don't think that many would take on.  Once you start that auction, you better win or you just lost your guy and get nothing back but a pick.  Basically you paid 50 WBs for a 1st or 25 WBs for a 2nd.  We can argue about relative value but that's certainly not what the tagging owner wanted when they started the bid.  

Also, it places the tagging owner at a significant disadvantage as opposed to waiting for the bidding to happen later.  If they wait, they at least have a better landing (pick and tag money) if they lose.

Right, so very easily it could like this...

1. Nobody or very few do it at all (meaning it's a waste of time to come up with new bylaws covering it)

2. There is a shift in the use of the FT or TT (in favor of the existing owner) in that you just tag different types of players where you can all but assure yourself to keep a player (ala SFT) because you're willing to pay 50 but nobody is willing to pay 50+1st draft pick like say a Tyrell Williams (in DD) thus you have effectively gotten another SFT AND more importantly you'll know right away.

Granted you can achieve some of that dynamic today (which is fine) but without the control of #2 above which for me makes a big difference. Honestly I see #1 being more likely so why add more to an already ginormous bylaws section and further confuse anyone for something very few if anybody would even bother with?

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Even years do it one way odd years do it the other way......that is fair.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Andy I get what you are saying but for me I like to control more of my outcome.  It is my team, my players, even if they are not fully mine cause the contract is zero....I still like to have control of my destiny in a more complete opportunity.  I dont want others to control mine when I can help it.  I also want to go get some players I want but if I am hesitating because I dont know what money I need to protect ones I want.....then I guess I dont get to bid as much on them as I mightve.

I understand that mentality for sure.

The issue I see (from a league standpoint) is that means less movement of bigger value players for sure (leaning closer to a traditional dynasty league where one keeps everyone forever) which goes against the reason why we have contracts in the first place.

@ the bolded...that's the very dynamic I think I'm looking for....do we as owners do THIS or do we do THAT...strategies aplenty! If the existing owner has as much control as you're wanting then they all have it and thus does it even matter how much anyone is willing to spend if we've reduced the whole picture to squabbling over players that will never be of any serious value? Again, at what point would it make the entire contract structure kind of a waste of time? The intent has always been to leave tons of room for strategies and so forth while forcing tough decisions to be made by all.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:23 pm

I would also vote to make it that every day of RFA in every year moving forward, Bern and Tom go to battle. Bravo gentlemen, bravo. yes high five2

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I would also vote to make it that every day of RFA in every year moving forward, Bern Todd and Tom Dave go to battle. Bravo gentlemen, bravo. yes high five2

Think you had a typo there. Fixed it for you

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:30 pm

THANKS TO BEING OUTBID IN A CURRENT AUCTION, THE OAKTOWN MALOSOS ARE STILL IN THE FIGHT....

Poor, Poor Bern...I feel kind of bad of the boy.  He's in a world of shit, and just doesn't know what to do.  He just mortgaged "THREE" second round picks...did he really think that 25 measly WB's could/would stop the Mighty Malosos?  Those draft picks are long gone, and that 25 is dwindling down...and so far, Bernie has nothing to show for it.  

As a friend and "mentor", I suggest, to just hang on to what you have...take the 2018 #1 pick (hardly compensation for the deal you just made); add the 25 wb's to next years total and reload, with a better strategy for next years RFA...wrap yourself in a warm blankie, and go crawling back to Momma..

Don't worry my friend...I will make it quick and painless.

Last edited by Oaktown Malosos on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:32 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I would also vote to make it that every day of RFA in every year moving forward, Bern Todd and Tom Dave go to battle. Bravo gentlemen, bravo. yes high five2

Think you had a typo there. Fixed it for you

That Jake Ryan auction hasn't finished yet. They could still be battling in November.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:33 pm

Well...looks like I got nowhere else to go...

...or do I?

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:00 pm

Bern...I wouldn't shit you, you're my favorite turd...

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:00 pm

If youre gonna make a deal... why not make it for enough WBs to cover Tom's whole stash? shrug shrug shrug

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:13 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
If youre gonna make a deal... why not make it for enough WBs to cover Tom's whole stash? shrug shrug shrug

He did, right?  Isn't Tom capped at 97 and Bern can go as high as 104?

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:15 pm

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:17 pm

It's a seller's market for WBs on the DD side. I'd have offers sitting in Tom and Bern's inboxes.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:18 pm

Yup..."currently".hehe

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:31 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:

Yup..."currently".hehe

Ok Tom, where the fuck did you get the WB's to bid on Judon again?  Is there a trade out there somewhere?  I'm refreshing every 30 seconds.  This ain't good. frustrated

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Never mind, I matched Tree. I'm too frazzled to think straight.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)   

Back to top Go down

2017 RFA (New Auction deadline is 11:59pm CT on May 1st)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: