AuthorMessage
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:55 am

I think Mack might be going back to DE anyway bro

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:28 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
did his parents not want him when he was born.... his middle name is f'n "Burdon"

ROFL Nice catch. ROFL

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 pm

Possession of weed is hardly a crime anymore.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:

ironically this would have been nothing in cali. it's legal now.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:22 pm

California Nightmare wrote:
Latvia Unicorns wrote:

ironically this would have been nothing in cali. it's legal now.

Under 10g is only a civil citation in MD too. I am always shocked when I see people on Live PD or hear about athletes getting arrested for marijuana. I forget it is still a big deal elsewhere.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:46 am

This is his first strike with the league though right??? so no 4 game suspension?

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:08 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
This is his first strike with the league though right??? so no 4 game suspension?

He already failed a drug test at the Combine, so he's been in the league substance abuse program.  Sounds like he will get some sort of suspension.  He got charged with possession, not sure if that's the same type of penalty as a dirty test for the NFL?  shrug

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:06 pm

But it hasn't come out that he has actually failed a drug test yet right? Possession of the substance I guess could be considered a different issue?
Worrying though, you kind of give them a pass out of college - but he is a pro athlete now and the rules are clear. I will be selling shares.

Back to top Go down
Haddonfield Slashers

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:09 pm

Let the man get high, he will have to deal with the consequences of a urine sample, but it also might be guilt by association. He wasn't driving under the influence, he got charged with a personal possession.... In my state of CT he would be given a citation not charged with a misdemeanor...  If only his owner in the Minors hadn't left... I would of tried to buy low.... sad3

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:57 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:

He already failed a drug test at the Combine, so he's been in the league substance abuse program.  Sounds like he will get some sort of suspension.  He got charged with possession, not sure if that's the same type of penalty as a dirty test for the NFL?  shrug

Saw this on the FBG Message Board (marijuana possession vs. failed test).. not sure how accurate it is though (about possibility of suspension)

Random FBG dude wrote:
This would fall under the Personal Conduct Policy.  PCP violations involving drugs can enter the player into the Substance Abuse Program (Bell's arrest/DUI did) but once in the Program it won't advance him like a positive (or missed) test would.  That's why Gordon was tested right when he got off the plane after the alcohol pic he posted.  If he's suspended it would be under the Personal Conduct Policy.

Also, once a player is in the SA Program, for marijuana violations there is a series of fines before the player is suspended - 2 game fine, 4 game fine, then 4 game suspension.  So unless there are other violations we don't know about (which there could be, the league doesn't disclose those fines) he may not be suspended for a Policy violation.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:03 am

Let's hope that is correct Brad.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Quote :
49ers ILB Reuben Foster's contract guarantees will void if he is disciplined under the league's drug policy.

Foster failed a drug test at the Combine, so his arrest last week for marijuana possession would be his second known offense, which comes with a fine of two game checks. That discipline would also void the guarantees in his contract, although that is unlikely to matter much considering how well Foster played as a rookie. Still, the incident looks like it will cost him a nice chunk of change if not a couple games.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reuben Foster LB SF   

Back to top Go down

Reuben Foster LB SF
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: