Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:34 pm

cool - ty

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Well....I made it this far without completely fucking shit up so I think that's a good sign. laughing

It'll probably take me a while to get everything hashed out but just let me know if you find something that's completely unusable or broken. As for the rest...you know things that just aren't pretty...I'm aware and getting there.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Thanks chief.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:57 pm

Maybe I am the minority but so far I am liking the new look both for RW and other leagues. Way to go MFL and life without Shawn.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:22 pm

Alright, now that I fixed the bottom of the main page....I'm feeling pretty good. I wanted rid of the top menu that Shawn put in because it was a monster to deal with....way too much coding and upkeep for me.

I thought I was going to have about twice as many issues as I had (maybe I'm naive in thinking I'm out of the woods)

Now the league banner is not done clearly....but I believe I have that all worked out and just need the time to finish up my plans there.
Not sure if the slider is coming back and not sure how many if any even care about it.

I can't remember if I already mentioned it...but the ROSTERS tab on the site won't work until MFL fixes their shit so we have to stand by on that. Otherwise, I'm just going to have to go through things piece by piece to fix anything that's out of place. Once I take a good lap I'll probably ask for your feedback/observations in case I overlooked anything.

Not only do I want to make Roster Wars great again (intentional dumb joke) but I'm intending to use it as the flagship example site of myfantasygraphics.com.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:31 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Alright, now that I fixed the bottom of the main page....I'm feeling pretty good.  I wanted rid of the top menu that Shawn put in because it was a monster to deal with....way too much coding and upkeep for me.

I thought I was going to have about twice as many issues as I had (maybe I'm naive in thinking I'm out of the woods)

Now the league banner is not done clearly....but I believe I have that all worked out and just need the time to finish up my plans there.
Not sure if the slider is coming back and not sure how many if any even care about it.

I can't remember if I already mentioned it...but the ROSTERS tab on the site won't work until MFL fixes their shit so we have to stand by on that.  Otherwise, I'm just going to have to go through things piece by piece to fix anything that's out of place.  Once I take a good lap I'll probably ask for your feedback/observations in case I overlooked anything.

Not only do I want to make Roster Wars great again (intentional dumb joke) but I'm intending to use it as the flagship example site of myfantasygraphics.com.
Thank you Andy, and it wasn't a dumb joke, it was a poetic masterpiece of wordplay. In fact, probably better wordplay then anyone else could have thought of!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Laughing

Sty, btw....think we're back to venturing to Florida in the not so super distant future so once I have details we'll definitely hope to meet up with you and Stephanie like we had planned on before.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:46 pm

It's looking good Andy!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:18 pm

Laughing  

Sty, btw....think we're back to venturing to Florida in the not so super distant future so once I have details we'll definitely hope to meet up with you and Stephanie like we had planned on before.  

high five

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:57 pm

Doing a fine job, Andy - looks great.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:02 am

The best thing about being new here? Not knowing exactly how it all worked before, so any new changes will be fine by me. vote yes And as long as I'm happy..... grin

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:21 am

I am with Sty...I think MFL overall looks MUCH better and RW has taken it a notch above per usual.   Simple is better.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:48 am

Looking good. Overall I really like the setup and look. Great work Andy. Some of the links on the left side go to the wrong page (free agents goes to trades, top players goes to rosters, bylaws goes to some proball message board), but it is kind of fun clicking and not knowing where I am going to end up. I assume that this is an MFL thing.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:47 am

Andy is wrong. He can't make Roster Wars great again because Roster Wars has always been great.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:49 am

Looks good Andy. So we won't have the drop downs at the top of the page anymore?

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:59 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Andy is wrong. He can't make Roster Wars great again because Roster Wars has always been great.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:01 am

Whatever it takes.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:01 am

Alright, now that I fixed the bottom of the main page....I'm feeling pretty good.  I wanted rid of the top menu that Shawn put in because it was a monster to deal with....way too much coding and upkeep for me.

I can't remember if I already mentioned it...but the ROSTERS tab on the site won't work until MFL fixes their shit so we have to stand by on that.  Otherwise, I'm just going to have to go through things piece by piece to fix anything that's out of place.  Once I take a good lap I'll probably ask for your feedback/observations in case I overlooked anything.

A couple items.... The slider -- of course everyone wants to know that the Gadabouts are the champs. oh well, everyone was aware of it for a few months... guess, I'll just have to remind everyone all the time. lol... .But, it won't really bother me if the slider's not there on the forum main page.

the Rosters tab. I'm thinking you may be missing something. A few of us are in the Game of Thrones Dynasty - they upgraded to '17 and have the rosters tab working..http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/16963#5 I think the person doing the work there is Jacob (he was in Shaun's Gridiron League with all of us).

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:43 am

is there a way to search the forum?

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:17 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
is there a way to search the forum?

I don't think there is a way at the moment and I've heard Ed is having some serious withdrawals.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:39 am

Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Looks good Andy. So we won't have the drop downs at the top of the page anymore?

It's funny to me so many are digging things...I have a shit ton to do still. That must mean you'll love it when I'm done.

As for the top menu, that shit is gone.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:38 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:

A couple items.... The slider -- of course everyone wants to know that the Gadabouts are the champs.  oh well, everyone was aware of it for a few months... guess, I'll just have to remind everyone all the time.  lol... .But, it won't really bother me if the slider's not there on the forum main page.

the Rosters tab.  I'm thinking you may be missing something.  A few of us are in the Game of Thrones Dynasty - they upgraded to '17 and have the rosters tab working..http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/16963#5    I think the person doing the work there is Jacob (he was in Shaun's Gridiron League with all of us).

Fear not, I'm not just punting the slider with no other plans.

As for the Rosters tab, I'll be looking into it more but I have been told by the most reliable source that ours isn't working because of an issue that MFL is still working out. I know I have Rosters tabs working on some leagues and not others so I'm not surprised to hear you see some working and some not working. Unsure at this point if that has much to do with one set of coding to another or if it has more to do with a setting or settings being used by specific leagues. Thanks for the heads up though.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:44 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

It's funny to me so many are digging things...I have a shit ton to do still.  That must mean you'll love it when I'm done.

So there is no easy access from the forum page to the league?

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:46 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

It's funny to me so many are digging things...I have a shit ton to do still.  That must mean you'll love it when I'm done.

There is, it's the little shield on the left side above the top posters.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

There is, it's the little shield on the left side above the top posters.

Yep there and/or you can hit RW on the MFL dashboard of your leagues if you visit it like I do with 348,950 of them there.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:51 pm

Damn, I really liked the old setup. Like a lot.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:04 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:39 am

I've bookmarked the MFL page as that has an easy link to here. Works for me.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:48 am

Amazing how MFL messed everything up with Shawn's code?? Not sure why this upgrade they did would do that????

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:50 am

England Dragons wrote:
I've bookmarked the MFL page as that has an easy link to here. Works for me.

cheers

AGREED - easy one click

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:01 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Well...two things...

1. That menu was good but it was also a nightmare and I have no interest in trying to deal with it now that Shawn isn't around.

2. I've barely done what I'm working on here so maybe you'll like what I have coming...I just need time. I've done more code work in the past week than the previous two years I swear.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:50 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Well...two things...

1. That menu was good but it was also a nightmare and I have no interest in trying to deal with it now that Shawn isn't around.

2.  I've barely done what I'm working on here so maybe you'll like what I have coming...I just need time.  I've done more code work in the past week than the previous two years I swear.

Looking forward to it! I'll miss the the menu too, but I'm sure you'll give us something good.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:07 pm

Just a thought... But maybe make the switch-over link between the RW and MFL site the top banner? When on the RW site, just have clicking the top banner send you to the MFL site and then when on the MFL site, have clicking the top banner go to the RW site?

But overall, love the changes so far. Great work Andy!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:56 am

I see way more at work than I do at home as far as the main screen goes. I use a mac at home. Weird

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:23 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I see way more at work than I do at home as far as the main screen goes.

Shouldn't you be working?

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:39 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I see way more at work than I do at home as far as the main screen goes.

Shouldn't you be working?

Not every minute. I work smarter not harder.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:21 pm

I miss the side by side rosters!!! Please tell me we are getting that back pray2

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:13 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:

A couple items.... The slider -- of course everyone wants to know that the Gadabouts are the champs.  oh well, everyone was aware of it for a few months... guess, I'll just have to remind everyone all the time.  lol... .But, it won't really bother me if the slider's not there on the forum main page.

the Rosters tab.  I'm thinking you may be missing something.  A few of us are in the Game of Thrones Dynasty - they upgraded to '17 and have the rosters tab working..http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/16963#5    I think the person doing the work there is Jacob (he was in Shaun's Gridiron League with all of us).

Fear not, I'm not just punting the slider with no other plans.

As for the Rosters tab, I'll be looking into it more but I have been told by the most reliable source that ours isn't working because of an issue that MFL is still working out.  I know I have Rosters tabs working on some leagues and not others so I'm not surprised to hear you see some working and some not working.  Unsure at this point if that has much to do with one set of coding to another or if it has more to do with a setting or settings being used by specific leagues.  Thanks for the heads up though.

Looks like they worked out their issue as that auction error message on the bottom of the screen is gone and the side by side rosters are working again. I still have plenty of work to do.

The lame thing is my test site is gone...well there is a fucked up error message on it anyway and I have a support ticket into MFL about it. I'm hoping that by the end of the week I at least have things in a solid spot and can fine tune going forward.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:21 am

Great job with the new banner.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:04 am

Yes, looks awesome! Didn't see it because I didn't click F5

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:09 am

Damn!  I didn't see it either until I saw Nick's F5 post.  What's even weirder, the pic that Nick had still showed the old banner too.  Now that I hit F5 and and came back here to post, Nick's pic updated too.  I guess I gotta hit F5 every day or two just to see what's going on.  

By the way, I love the new look.  vote yes

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:11 am

Out of curiosity, did my post in the look-a-like thread show the old banner when you looked at it?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:13 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Out of curiosity, did my post in the look-a-like thread show the old banner when you looked at it?

Woa, didn't even see that. It shows now.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:19 am

Weird. I can't get it to update. Was able to see it by refreshing in another browser, but can't get the new one to come up in Chrome. Nick's post is still the old one for me too

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:20 am

Try using shift and F5 at the same time.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:27 am

I'm on a mac, if that makes any difference

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:42 am

I like the new banner as well! Very cool Andy

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:44 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I'm on a mac, if that makes any difference

It does.. if you're using chrome.. go to settings, more tools and then clear cache that way.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:47 am

Brad to the rescue! Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   

Back to top Go down

The Mess
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum