HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch
x
x
x
x
x
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 
 

 The Mess

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Charm City Justice
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1807

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:48 pm

Well done as always Andy.


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8298

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:52 pm

Wow just noticed it! Very cool banner. Fits our league perfectly.


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3046

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:55 pm

Ooh! Nice!


Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8085

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:16 pm

vote yes

metal


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23356

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:41 pm

Well....I didn't realize I was using the same link here as my test site...so the reason it didn't auto-refresh for ya'll is I didn't intend for it to be here yet.

*sigh*

Oh well.

I made some nice progress this morning (albeit through massive frustration) and I can't wait to get to the point where I'm willing to bring things here and fine tune the real site from that point forward.


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3389

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:51 pm

So your saying we were given a sneak peak? Right on!


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6064

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:46 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Wow just noticed it! Very cool banner. Fits our league perfectly.

Yep I like it.


Back to top Go down
England Dragons
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8907

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:12 pm

ROFL

Fucking love it!

bow


Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1771

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:59 pm

Nice touch, Andy! Nice touch!


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23356

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:58 pm

So the update is being pushed back. Things are going well but shit takes time and thankfully I have managed to get a ton of time into it. I'm obviously going to have to look at that Eternals squad at some point too seeing as a deadline is approaching.


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8298

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:03 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
So the update is being pushed back.  Things are going well but shit takes time and thankfully I have managed to get a ton of time into it.  I'm obviously going to have to look at that Eternals squad at some point too seeing as a deadline is approaching.
Ya take care of your team bro, it will be embarrassing if you finish behind the RedKnights this year mock


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5341

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:12 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
So the update is being pushed back.  Things are going well but shit takes time and thankfully I have managed to get a ton of time into it.  I'm obviously going to have to look at that Eternals squad at some point too seeing as a deadline is approaching.
Ya take care of your team bro, it will be embarrassing if you finish behind the RedKnights this year mock

If? if??? IF? What the hell, where is the Bravado Sty? Go look in the mirror at that Stache of yours and come back in here and let the Eternals know WHEN they finish behind the RedKnights. C'mon Sty! announce


Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 8298

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:50 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
So the update is being pushed back.  Things are going well but shit takes time and thankfully I have managed to get a ton of time into it.  I'm obviously going to have to look at that Eternals squad at some point too seeing as a deadline is approaching.
Ya take care of your team bro, it will be embarrassing if you finish behind the RedKnights this year mock

If? if???  IF?  What the hell, where is the Bravado Sty?   Go look in the mirror at that Stache of yours and come back in here and let the Eternals know  WHEN they finish behind the RedKnights.  C'mon Sty!  announce
Brad has a point!

lol3


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10973

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:21 pm

Andy must be doing work now. At first I thought it was my computer, things are everywhere! And I can't even post a smiley! :madface. HAHA!


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5540

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:24 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Andy must be doing work now. At first I thought it was my computer, things are everywhere! And I can't even post a smiley! :madface. HAHA!

I feel like I'm in the movie Dark City and woke up before they finished rearranging the city.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23356

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:34 pm

I'll probably be working on RW for several hours today. Don't sweat it.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10973

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I'll probably be working on RW for several hours today.  Don't sweat it.  

HAHA, no worries dude we realize it has to get done and appreciate it. Just funny.


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3389

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I'll probably be working on RW for several hours today.  Don't sweat it.  

HAHA, no worries dude we realize it has to get done and appreciate it. Just funny.

I have to confess, I realize there is construction going on today, but every time I see a new button on the RW page with a new link, I am clicking on everything to see where it leads. I know Andy is pulling his hair out hairout , but if it's any consolation, I'm having fun. laughing


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5540

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:19 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I'll probably be working on RW for several hours today.  Don't sweat it.  

HAHA, no worries dude we realize it has to get done and appreciate it. Just funny.

I have to confess,  I realize there is construction going on today, but every time I see a new button on the RW page with a new link, I am clicking on everything to see where it leads.  I know Andy is pulling his hair out hairout  , but if it's any consolation, I'm having fun. laughing

Just hit Alt-F4 to refresh.


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3389

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I'll probably be working on RW for several hours today.  Don't sweat it.  

HAHA, no worries dude we realize it has to get done and appreciate it. Just funny.

I have to confess,  I realize there is construction going on today, but every time I see a new button on the RW page with a new link, I am clicking on everything to see where it leads.  I know Andy is pulling his hair out hairout  , but if it's any consolation, I'm having fun. laughing

Just hit Alt-F4 to refresh.

Dammit Russ. I just laughed out loud by myself in the back office and I know they heard me up front. ROFL


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3046

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:41 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I'll probably be working on RW for several hours today.  Don't sweat it.  

HAHA, no worries dude we realize it has to get done and appreciate it. Just funny.

I have to confess,  I realize there is construction going on today, but every time I see a new button on the RW page with a new link, I am clicking on everything to see where it leads.  I know Andy is pulling his hair out hairout  , but if it's any consolation, I'm having fun. laughing

Just hit Alt-F4 to refresh.


ROTFLMAO


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10973

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:48 pm

Jeez Andy, we have guests, and this is how you want the house to be presented? ROFL


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3389

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:31 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Jeez Andy, we have guests, and this is how you want the house to be presented? ROFL

I was going to post something about that too. However, I'm glad you did because I chickened out. laughing


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3389

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:02 pm

More clickable buttons! I love me some clickable buttons! excited dance


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23356

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:29 pm

Well....I'm not done but I'll just say this. In Firefox things look how I intend at this moment. If you use Chrome or Opera heaven help you because they're jacked up and I'm unsure of how quickly I will be able to make that fix.

Side note: I think it's fuckin nutty that browsers can't all have their shit together.


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3389

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:35 pm

Hot damn, I use Firefox most of the time anyways. Screw them other browsers. laughing


Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos
 
 
avatar

Posts : 2759

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Yup...sucks on Chrome; but I ain't changing. tongue


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10973

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:57 am

Really? The browsers are different when it comes to that? Man. Like Tom, I love Chrome and won't be switching. Hopefully it configures.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10973

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:09 am

Well damn, everything looks to be fixed except for the posting numbers bars. Woo Hoo!


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5540

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:15 am

Does this page show up correctly in firefox? I have a User Agent extension on my chrome which allows me to view a page as they appear in different browsers (but still in chrome).

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-c/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg?hl=en-US

But I don't see any difference when I switch between browsers. Granted, the plug-in isn't perfect but it's worked for me in the past with other sites.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23356

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:48 am

I'm on Firefox primarily so not sure how long some of you Chrome users have been looking at chaos but I honestly was unaware until yesterday when I was tinkering. Still a work in progress.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10973

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:49 am

Just clicked refresh and it is perfect now. Looks great.


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5540

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:50 am

Refresh helped here as well. Thanks for the tip Nick. And thanks for all your hard work Andy.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23356

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:06 am

Really? I just removed one line of code. I'll look shortly...I'm sure there are still issues but not big enough ones to annoy you guys..which is good.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10973

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:27 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Really?  I just removed one line of code.  I'll look shortly...I'm sure there are still issues but not big enough ones to annoy you guys..which is good.

Yeah, looks good on my end. Only change is that you swapped the all time posters and the current month posters sides of the table.


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3046

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:44 pm

It looks good on my phone now too. The top posters don't extend into other stuff anymore so that's awesome!


Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3389

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:11 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
It looks good on my phone now too. The top posters don't extend into other stuff anymore so that's awesome!

Just checked on my phone as well, and it looks just like on the laptop too now.  vote yes


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23356

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:19 pm

Alright, so I'm not saying I am 100% done by any means but I am at the point where you folks can alert me to issues you see. I am especially clueless about the mobile experience. If you see things that are fucked up, let me know and please tell me the device/browser you're using.

If you're not seeing something you want to see, let me know.

No promises but I will do my best to get things as close to my vision as possible.

I did make the MFL menu up top a little more visible so hopefully those who mentioned that like the change.


Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4409

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:35 pm

I use mobile most of the time and things look good to me.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23356

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:57 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
I use mobile most of the time and things look good to me.

The forum and MFL?
Do you use a mobile version of either or just use the phone the same as the desktop (like I do)?


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 10973

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:00 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
I use mobile most of the time and things look good to me.

The forum and MFL?
Do you use a mobile version of either or just use the phone the same as the desktop (like I do)?

I use mobile for both and they look fine. Except for the fact that I still can't use Safari for the forum, have to use Chrome Mobile, which I hate.


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5540

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:02 pm

Can I add a request now that we are close to final? I'd like to request this from Carla in her leagues as well.

Can you change the MFL default so that it takes me to a team's roster when I click on the mini rather than to their info screen? The vast majority of the time that I click on Craig's team is to see his roster, although maybe I should text him a bit more often.


Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem
 
 
avatar

Posts : 6064

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:06 pm

Zero chance you are getting this in my leagues. I mean .....Russ I would rather not good sir.

 I hate when I play in leagues and they do that.  Drives me batty.

I might want to offer a trade.....or email .....or send a private message....or see their activity.....many things I use that info screen for

So dont change it in the Minor league Andy!


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5540

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:11 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Zero chance you are getting this in my leagues.    I mean .....Russ I would rather not good sir.

 I hate when I play in leagues and they do that.  Drives me batty.

I might want to offer a trade.....or email .....or send a private message....or see their activity.....many things I use that info screen for

So dont change it in the Minor league Andy!

Really??? I didn't know that anyone actually used that screen. I still think that there's no need to get their e-mail if you don't like their players.


Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3625

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:28 pm

I'm using mobile too and everything looks good to me!


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3046

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:49 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Zero chance you are getting this in my leagues.    I mean .....Russ I would rather not good sir.

 I hate when I play in leagues and they do that.  Drives me batty.

I might want to offer a trade.....or email .....or send a private message....or see their activity.....many things I use that info screen for

So dont change it in the Minor league Andy!

Really???  I didn't know that anyone actually used that screen.  I still think that there's no need to get their e-mail if you don't like their players.


Yeah, the only reason I would click on a teams page is to see their roster. If I want their other info, I can find it.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23356

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Why would one click on their team to see a roster when every roster is on the ROSTERS tab to put it side by side with your own?


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5540

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:31 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Why would one click on their team to see a roster when every roster is on the ROSTERS tab to put it side by side with your own?

Can't speak for others but pure laziness on my part. If I am in a standings page or another page and I've scrolled down I just like to click on the banner and see a roster.


Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals
 
 
avatar

Posts : 23356

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:34 pm

I see. Well, I'm unlikely to make that change for similar reasons as Carla and at least I know you're only gonna have to overcome some pointer finger laziness to overcome my shit.


Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3046

PostSubject: Re: The Mess   Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:38 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Why would one click on their team to see a roster when every roster is on the ROSTERS tab to put it side by side with your own?


I guess, but, if I wanna look at somebody else's roster, I don't really need to see my own. I already know what players I have.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Mess   

Back to top Go down
 
The Mess
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: