Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:42 am

I cannot get into my leagues.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:48 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I cannot get into my leagues.

That is weird. I have all functionality in RW and my other league on MFL.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:04 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Yeah, I can get into all my stuff now. What is going on?

My guess, and I read something similar being guessed on DLF, is that the 2017 websites are going to have all the new things and updates and that there will be periods when the 2016 websites will be available. I have no idea if anything that occurs on the old 2016 websites while the update is taking place (trade rejections, trade accepts, etc.) will transfer over. This is all over my head in terms of IT stuff anyway.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:14 am

They said:

Work requires us to go up/down. You may have access at times but we're still not finished

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
They said:

Work requires us to go up/down. You may have access at times but we're still not finished

That makes sense, I am down again.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Charm City Justice wrote:
Maybe someone can sneak in a trade

I got rejections on offers I sent out in other leagues, so that function is at least working for now.

I get erections on offers I send out here at RW.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:15 pm

California Nightmare wrote:

I got rejections on offers I sent out in other leagues, so that function is at least working for now.

open mouth

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:07 pm

California Nightmare wrote:

Do they last longer than 4 hours? If so, you might need to see a DR.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:18 pm

Or call a group of prostitutes.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:41 pm

MFL downtime equals no change here. Some day I'm going to just take a day off...do nothing but watch Netflix and see how fat I can get in one day.

I may have finally gotten caught up at MFG though which should result in more RW progress coming soon.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Hope its back up and ready on time

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:38 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
MFL downtime equals no change here.  Some day I'm going to just take a day off...do nothing but watch Netflix and see how fat I can get in one day.

I may have finally gotten caught up at MFG though which should result in more RW progress coming soon.

eating popcorn so metal high five pray2

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:21 am

I woke up with a sense of dread today. Very anxious to see how much work I need to fix because of their updates.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:20 am

Did they say 9am Eastern?

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:25 am

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Did they say 9am Eastern?

Why so anxious, Han-Yang? Are you trying to do a trade deal with me?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:57 am

They're running behind again. No biggie. Some of the jerkwads on Twitter are unbelievable...you'd think they were paying thousands for the service and could go to numerous competitors to get a product even remotely close to MFL.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:05 pm

MFL won't be back up until tomorrow morning. I might be the only person who's totally fine with that.

RW work happening today! banana7

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:07 pm

And tomorrow they will say that they won't be up until Friday.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:54 pm

We all felt like it wouldnt be today anyway. Next year they should go with the approach of taking 3 days and if they get done sooner we will applaud them for that.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:04 pm

MFL won't be back up until tomorrow morning.  I might be the only person who's totally fine with that.

RW work happening today!  banana7

I'm with you, boss. Don't mind taking an extra day or two if it makes the product better (or less worse)

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:54 am

I remember last year everyone was hoping to see big changes based on how long they were down and that wasnt obvious so then it make everyone more made when they went down in May again.

I dont mind overall, but I do think we will see more changes with this period of down time, but what do I know?  Jack nothing.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:31 am

I'm not sweating the down time because overall MFL is sooooooo far beyond their competitors and quite honestly you would think it would take more time for shit like this....but I can't wait for them to come back online because our forum loads slower because of all the linking between the sites and that is driving me nuts.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:36 am

Yeah... But at the end of the day... There's really no reason to have any downtime at all. They could very easily adjust their back-end architecture so that there aren't any downtimes. This one hasn't really bothered me at all. I'd like to think that part of the reason for the downtime is so that they can prepare for future upgrades/updates to their system with less impact to all of us, but I doubt it.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:48 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Yeah...  But at the end of the day... There's really no reason to have any downtime at all.  They could very easily adjust their back-end architecture so that there aren't any downtimes. This one hasn't really bothered me at all.   I'd like to think that part of the reason for the downtime is so that they can prepare for future upgrades/updates to their system with less impact to all of us, but I doubt it.

I don't know enough about that sort of thing...just been seeing how people are towards them on MFL and I those people need a good old fashioned shot to the nuts to clarify what they should be focused on.

laughing

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:40 am

I think MFL is the best software sight for FF. Which others are ahead of them that are their competitors?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:45 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I think MFL is the best software sight for FF.  Which others are ahead of them that are their competitors?

They have no competition. Rumors that some are on the horizon but I'll believe it when I see it.

I desperately want to tell some of the jerkoffs on Twitter that instead of going on and on about the wait or the deadline passing they could get off their fucking asses and do better...or just shut the fuck up. Twitter...proving that I have some restraint in life. tongue

The self entitlement over there is crazy.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:52 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
I think MFL is the best software sight for FF.  Which others are ahead of them that are their competitors?

They have no competition.  Rumors that some are on the horizon but I'll believe it when I see it.  

I desperately want to tell some of the jerkoffs on Twitter that instead of going on and on about the wait or the deadline passing they could get off their fucking asses and do better...or just shut the fuck up.  Twitter...proving that I have some restraint in life. tongue

The self entitlement over there is crazy.

Twitter..... Where anyone has the balls to say anything to anyone, because it is not right to their face.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:55 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

I haven't seen many but Fantrax looks like it could be the one. I just haven't had the chance to really dig into it to see what it can do. But I haven't found anything that you can do on MFL that you can't do on Fantrax -- other than on the graphics side. But Fantrax is a lot more user friendly. Fantrax was more, I believe, but there were promotions to get breaks. In fact, I found one link where it appeared that you could get unlimited leagues by getting a membership to a $30/year site.

The owner seems like he wants to really improve the service but they may be held back by trying to focus on too many sports and their focus on money games.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:10 am

Interesting, never seen Fantrax before. Just started looking at it. It does look like they can do everything MFL can do at quick glance. Funny that they are targeting Yahoo, ESPN, and CBS for their comparisons.

https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/games/season-long/nfl/commissioner

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:16 am

I play on Fantrax for one of my baseball leagues and I do basketball & hockey there too. It's not a bad site as I think it's pretty customizable for the commish. I've never done football there and I don't commish any leagues there, so I can't attest to anything else about it, but I've played on there for a few years now.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:18 am

I feel like this downtime is a good opportunity to discuss the merits of victory points. anyone?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:21 am

I feel like this downtime is a good opportunity to discuss the merits of victory points.  anyone?

I smell what you are stepping in.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:24 am

I feel like this downtime is a good opportunity to discuss the merits of victory points.  anyone?

Good idea Matt!

Maybe we can ask Andy if he'd prefer to add Victory Points or go all out on Valentines each year?

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:25 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:

Good idea Matt!  

Maybe we can ask Andy if he'd prefer to add Victory Points or go all out on Valentines each year?  

I don't understand why we can't do both

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:47 am

lol 2

I'm glad I don't work for MFL. There are a few clowns on Twitter that I would happily lock out and lose their business if I were MFL.

I have lousy patience and I cannot fathom how some of these people operate. It's fucking February and it's been a couple of days...holy shit...go to ESPN or CBS fucktards...oh yeah, they're never up this time of year.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:16 am

lol 2

I'm glad I don't work for MFL. There are a few clowns on Twitter that I would happily lock out and lose their business if I were MFL.  

I have lousy patience and I cannot fathom how some of these people operate.  It's fucking February and it's been a couple of days...holy shit...go to ESPN or CBS fucktards...oh yeah, they're never up this time of year.  

They only people at MFL that knows Twitter is mad is the one or two guys that operate their twitter. The rest of MFL is working on the system. The job you want to avoid is the MFL Twitter job. You would be great at assisting them with graphics and commish options etc.

But the guy who redid all their skins got paid nicely. Took a ton of time though.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:35 am

I do wonder though.... They always say two days, and it is never just two days. Why not just tell people to plan to be down 4-5 days. If you get it done sooner, you are a hero. If you take the full 5 days, you are a man/woman of your word.

Under promise, over deliver. Always.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:39 am

lol 2

I have lousy patience and I cannot fathom how some of these people operate.  It's fucking February and it's been a couple of days...holy shit...go to ESPN or CBS fucktards...oh yeah, they're never up this time of year.  

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Let's take bets when we think MFL will come back on and whoever is closest Andy will make a snowman for you in his backyard.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:25 pm

I say 3 am Eastern because it will happen sometime during my sleeping hours tonight

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:51 pm

I'll go with Friday, 5pm (EST).  They'll get it up and running just before they head out the door for the weekend.  Then it'll crash and nobody around to fix it until Monday.  

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:51 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Let's take bets when we think MFL will come back on and whoever is closest Andy will make a snowman for you in his backyard.

I doubt there is any snow in Andy's backyard. We are having a weird winter in MN this year.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:08 pm

We have snow here still. Been weird driving to work the last few weeks because it's just 20 minutes but there has been a huge difference in snow amount between the two. But it's fading fast now. I'm giving the firepit a spin tonight.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:42 pm

We have snow here still.  Been weird driving to work the last few weeks because it's just 20 minutes but there has been a huge difference in snow amount between the two.  But it's fading fast now.  I'm giving the firepit a spin tonight.

Yeah, I've got basically zero snow. Besides the pile at the end of the driveway, which is all ice and will probably take weeks to melt, even though it'll be 60 degrees tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
We have snow here still.  Been weird driving to work the last few weeks because it's just 20 minutes but there has been a huge difference in snow amount between the two.  But it's fading fast now.  I'm giving the firepit a spin tonight.

Yeah,  I've got basically zero snow.  Besides the pile at the end of the driveway,  which is all ice and will probably take weeks to melt,  even though it'll be 60 degrees tomorrow.

This winter is challenging a lot of my conceptions regarding weather. I would never have guessed that Bern in Nevada is dealing with several feet of snow while those in Minnesota don't have much snow and have 60 degree days.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:07 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Over promise, under deliver. Always.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:29 pm

I miss the MFL site...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:11 am

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:17 am

Team day at the office, so I wont be in there today.  You wont see me post much today, but your #1 job while I am out until later today is rally for MFL to be up by the end of day~

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:36 am

Why am I not surprised this is taking longer than expected.........Oh well, I hope they get it all fixed now and not have issues down the road

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   

Back to top Go down

MFL Downtime and Updates
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: