:: I forgot my password

Share | 

MFL Downtime and Updates

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:39 am

Got an email this morning from MFL announcing some downtime and Updates. Just curious what you all think of it.

These are the main points I'm excited to see.

In order to prepare for some changes that we have planned for 2017, our site will be down for about 2 days starting on Monday morning, February 13th. The work should be completed and your league should be back up and running within 48 hours.

We've spent the past year focusing mostly on the back-end architecture side of things, which paved the way for some front-end league changes in 2017 (and beyond) that should make our system easier to use for both commissioners and owners. Here are the highlights of what you can expect to see in 2017 when you upgrade your league to the new fantasy season:

Better User Interface: The most visible change will be in the form of an updated menu system and completely redesigned skins and color schemes, which will result in a much cleaner look and layout for all of the league pages.

Mobile Friendly Site: The entire site will feature a "responsive" design, which means league pages, home page tabs, and menu items will be much more accessible on any browser from your mobile devices (phones and tablets).

Improved Waivers (Player Transactions): The waiver system will be overhauled to make it easier to use and simpler to understand for commissioners and owners.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:45 am

I'm nervous. Already super busy and it would be fitting if I have to fix coding for a hundred sites because they change shit. If not, then I'm curious to see the changes.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:54 am

The waiver system seemed unnecessarily complicated. Once I got the hang of it, everything made sense, but I definitely missed out on a waiver claim or two when I first started using it. I feel like there has to be a more streamlined way and hopefully they found it. Better mobile is always good in my eyes.

Of course, it is people like Andy who may be royally screwed if the coding changes.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:12 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I'm nervous.  Already super busy and it would be fitting if I have to fix coding for a hundred sites because they change shit.  If not, then I'm curious to see the changes.

Yeah, I immediately thought of you when I first read it. Hopefully it won't affect your coding, but the all new skins part would make me nervous that it will.

I'm excited to see what they do with the waivers process. That's my biggest issue with MFL currently. Every other fantasy service is much more streamlined and easier to use.

And as for the mobile compatibility, it won't effect me too much because I usually use an app, but I'm interested to see what they come up with.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:18 am

I have seen almost all the new skins........they are so much better for your phones when viewing them and they are SO MUCH CLEANER. When you see them on a computer screen they are nice and clean as well. So much better the update was needed.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:41 am

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I'm nervous.  Already super busy and it would be fitting if I have to fix coding for a hundred sites because they change shit.  If not, then I'm curious to see the changes.

Yeah, I immediately thought of you when I first read it.  Hopefully it won't affect your coding, but the all new skins part would make me nervous that it will.

When I work on a site there are no skins activated so I should be good on that front. Some have coded over skins and besides that THAT would have annoyed me to begin with, those folks are more likely to be fucked up than me. Now that I say that, maybe I'll escape this.

Maybe they have skins that are so cool I'll be put out of business. I wonder what's on Netflix.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:48 am

They are not cool.......they are just better than they had

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:28 pm

Hopefully all this shit works and doesn't cause any issues. I'm not going to hold my breath however

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:35 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Hopefully all this shit works and doesn't cause any issues.   I'm not going to hold my breath however

Exactly... remember last year when they were going to be down for 24hrs.. wait.. 48hrs.. oh no, we mean it this time 96hrs.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:37 pm

I think that MFL is approaching this better this time.  I've noticed that the links to my MFL leagues are all dead right now because the leagues switched servers.  Which makes me think that MFL has been actively testing their updates for the past month or so.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 pm

Charm City Justice wrote:
The waiver system seemed unnecessarily complicated.  Once I got the hang of it, everything made sense, but I definitely missed out on a waiver claim or two when I first started using it.  I feel like there has to be a more streamlined way and hopefully they found it.  Better mobile is always good in my eyes.

Of course, it is people like Andy who may be royally screwed if the coding changes.

Yeah, this is one of my few gripes I have had with MFL. Hopefully it is updated and a little nicer.

My other is the scoreboard in other leagues. I love the one here, but mine in my other league sucks balls and I am too stupid to get the habman one apparently because I am an idiot when it comes to coding.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:58 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
The waiver system seemed unnecessarily complicated.  Once I got the hang of it, everything made sense, but I definitely missed out on a waiver claim or two when I first started using it.  I feel like there has to be a more streamlined way and hopefully they found it.  Better mobile is always good in my eyes.

Yeah, this is one of my few gripes I have had with MFL. Hopefully it is updated and a little nicer.

My other is the scoreboard in other leagues. I love the one here, but mine in my other league sucks balls and I am too stupid to get the habman one apparently because I am an idiot when it comes to coding.

That is true. I use an app and the scoreboard on the app is much easier to follow in my eyes than the actual one on the website.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:04 pm

I dont know what Carla's problem is. I think Andy's skins are much better. Wow... hurtful.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
I dont know what Carla's problem is. I think Andy's skins are much better. Wow... hurtful.

Whoa Wait. I like Andy's graphics. I just cant afford them all on my own. He doesnt pass them out for free either so we are at an impasse.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:58 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Whoa Wait.  I like Andy's graphics.  I just cant afford them all on my own.  He doesnt pass them out for free either so we are at an impasse.

This is a new era! no more passing things out for free. You want it you work and pay for it #AmericaFIRST

P.S. Thanks for being a good sport Carla, If I joked with Jon like this he would be having a war counsel meeting with Andy to get me kicked out. clap

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:15 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

That is true.  I use an app and the scoreboard on the app is much easier to follow in my eyes than the actual one on the website.

Yeah, MFL platinum is way easier for checking scores, and you can pull up the scores from all your leagues at the same time.

Andy is a old hermit so he is anti app. Also his phone is the size of a house so he can pull up the full website and not have to zoom to read things.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:49 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Hopefully all this shit works and doesn't cause any issues.   I'm not going to hold my breath however

Exactly... remember last year when they were going to be down for 24hrs.. wait.. 48hrs.. oh no, we mean it this time 96hrs.  

Nightmares remembering that. Those few days seemed endless...

sweating

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:54 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:

Nightmares remembering that. Those few days seemed endless...

sweating

Oh yeah, I felt so bad for their twiiter guy. He was getting so harassed and he barely had more info than the rest of us!

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:44 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Whoa Wait.  I like Andy's graphics.  I just cant afford them all on my own.  He doesnt pass them out for free either so we are at an impasse.

In some cases I come damn close. Had one the last few days in fact.

I miss working with you and I wish your owners weren't so cheap. Most of the things I do when you look at the time spent versus what I get paid is comical and it's a good thing I enjoy it on some level.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:12 pm

This is a bad sign. Last year they went about 4 times past the estimate. This means 8 days for this maintenance.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:30 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
This is a bad sign. Last year they went about 4 times past the estimate. This means 8 days for this maintenance.

At least it is earlier this year. If I remember correctly, last year was around the NFL Draft.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:22 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

This is a new era! no more passing things out for free. You want it you work and pay for it #AmericaFIRST

P.S. Thanks for being a good sport Carla, If I joked with Jon like this he would be having a war counsel meeting with Andy to get me kicked out. clap

I keep asking for a war counsel against you but I all the spots are filled with other meetings against you!    metal  Rock on Sty!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:33 pm

4 days left before the big MFL DOWNTIME.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:48 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

FML

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

FML

Dyslexia sucks!

laughing

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Great!? Now I'm really going to be bored out of mind......Nothing fantasy football is going to drive me crazy

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:23 pm

We should take some bets on how long they are actually down this time...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:24 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

FML

Dyslexia sucks!

laughing

ROFL Awesome.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:30 am

I know it is only supposed to last two days, last year was too. Any idea how many days it lasted last year? Fealt like a lifetime but was probably only like 5 days.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:09 pm

I think it was 2 hours that felt like 20 days. (honestly I think it was 4)

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:27 pm

For some reason 96 hours sticks in my head.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:28 pm

Which after a quick calculation, is indeed 4 days. It felt extra long to me because I was in the middle of a start up draft.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:21 am

I really hope it's actually up Wednesday. I have report card conferences Wed-Fri and that usually just means a lot of time doing nothing so MFL being back would provide a nice way to spend the time

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:28 am

Officially down now. It says it will be back up 9 AM Wednesday.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:40 am

Now the question is will they be done on time. Last year I was an extra 2 days.........

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:46 am

Well, I hope this was just a cruel joke by them. This is what they posted earlier this morning:

Quote :
The MyFantasyLeague.com web site is in the process of a major database upgrade. This database upgrade is requiring more time than we anticipated, so we will need another day to complete the process. We sincerely apologize for the delays. We will continue working on it around the clock and the site should be back online sometime on Friday, April 22.

I think the message has since changed to Wednesday. I hope that's the more accurate date. grin

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:17 pm

I would be fine with Wednesday.......not Thursday or Friday.......WEDNESDAY!

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:48 pm

I don't care if they take an extra 24-48 hours as long as they get it right. Last offseason felt like they rushed to meet an arbitrary deadline and then had to go down again in May. Get it right now so you don't have to F with the site during rookie draft season.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:50 pm

North Wales Knights wrote:
I don't care if they take an extra 24-48 hours as long as they get it right. Last offseason felt like they rushed to meet an arbitrary deadline and then had to go down again in May. Get it right now so you don't have to F with the site during rookie draft season.

The big problem for me last year was they did it as people were getting ready for rookie drafts. Most leagues are so quiet right now that they could take 2-3 weeks and only a handful of people would even notice.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
North Wales Knights wrote:

The big problem for me last year was they did it as people were getting ready for rookie drafts.  Most leagues are so quiet right now that they could take 2-3 weeks and only a handful of people would even notice.

My point exactly. This is the best time to take some extra time and get it right, the 1st time.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:48 pm

I think there is a chance no matter how long they take they still go down in May if even for just a few hours.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:44 pm

Damn I sure do look at rosters a lot. Keep catching myself today

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:11 pm

I use MFL player news as my homepage - I every time I open my internet I think its broken and I've lost my connection

doh

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:37 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Damn I sure do look at rosters a lot.  Keep catching myself today

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
I use MFL player news as my homepage - I every time I open my internet I think its broken and I've lost my connection

doh

Oh yea, I got you both beat.  By the time I got on my email this morning and saw I had a trade proposal on my desk, the MFL site was already shut down.  Now the offer is just sitting there in my inbox and there's nothing I can do. hissy fit

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:35 am

Patience young grasshopper

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:55 am

It's weird. this downtime hasn't bothered me in RW at all. Apparently, everyone's rosters are cached on my laptop.. so when I click on rosters or whatever, I still see everything. lol. Finally a benefit to looking over rosters 47x a week.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:03 am

I went in on a a minute ago. I got into leagues but they hadn't updated any rookies. It will probably shut down again.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:44 am

Maybe someone can sneak in a trade

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:45 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Maybe someone can sneak in a trade

I got rejections on offers I sent out in other leagues, so that function is at least working for now.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:38 am

Yeah, I can get into all my stuff now. What is going on?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MFL Downtime and Updates   

Back to top Go down

MFL Downtime and Updates
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: