:: I forgot my password

Share | 

DeShaun Watson QB HOU

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:04 pm

As one of the favourites for the 1st pick I thought I should get this started. Personally he is my favourite QB in the draft.

I heard earlier he decided to skip the Senior Bowl even after they made a special allowance to let him in (as he isn't a senior or 4th year Junior).
Some people think because Browns coach Jackson is coaching a team at the bowl this is a bit of a snub to the Browns and a signal he doesn't want to play there.

I wouldn't blame him if that were the case, but I doubt it.

Think Chicago could be a good fit for him.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:00 am

I am hoping to hell he doesn't land in Chicago. He would play the Vikings twice a year and the Vikes are notoriously bad against dual threat QB's.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:01 am

I still haven't seen a mock with him going as the first QB, never mind the first overall player (I haven't really looked that hard though). Things change of course, but in Watson's case I think his stock might be higher now because of his championship game performance and once scouts really start looking at tape and breaking him down then his stock will fall. I could be very wrong though, maybe he has an excellent combine and pro day and shoots up draft boards.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:32 am

Still hearing rumblings that Browns could go with Tyrod or Cousins in FA and look to use those 2 1st round picks for non-QB talent. With almost 100 mil in cap and lots of picks, CLV could go a lot of different directions,

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:41 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
Still hearing rumblings that Browns could go with Tyrod or Cousins in FA and look to use those 2 1st round picks for non-QB talent.  With almost 100 mil in cap and lots of picks, CLV could go a lot of different directions,

I can't imagine Washington letting Cousins walk. Tyrod is another story.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:57 am

Charm City Justice wrote:

I can't imagine Washington letting Cousins walk.  Tyrod is another story.

Agreed...and not sure Watson goes to CLE regardless.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:02 am

My bet is on Chicago. They badly need something different but it's hard to say if they will bite with all the defensive talent in the draft and they have holes everywhere.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:39 pm

I would take any reasonable bet that Watson is QB1 off the board.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Watson has the best sample size of any QB. The other top prospects are very inexperienced. With all this talk of Watson perhaps Russ grabs him with the top pick on TT side.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:48 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Watson has the best sample size of any QB.  The other top prospects are very inexperienced.  With all this talk of Watson perhaps Russ grabs him with the top pick on TT side.

That's the smart move for sure.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:02 pm

I don't see any of this years top QB's going 1 overall. Cleveland would be better suited taking a more sure thing like DE or OT than experimenting on another QB with the top pick.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
I would take any reasonable bet that Watson is QB1 off the board.

I started looking at other mocks and think about 1/3 of them have Watson as being the first QB off the board, 1/3 second to Trubisky and 1/3 have him third behind Trubisky and Kizer. Obviously a whole lot can change before the draft.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:55 am

Some stuff you read is just crazy. There is a story that Browns love Watson with the 12th pick.
Well that's great. I love Watson with the 23rd pick for the Giants, but he isn't going to be there!

There is always a premium on QBs. Browns may take Garrett from A&M, they may take a QB or they may trade down. That is pretty much it.
If anyone is trading into the 1st or 2nd it is probably because they fell in love with a QB.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:53 am

49ers's, Jets, Bears, Browns all need QBs. I hope Bears get Watson.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
I don't see any of this years top QB's going 1 overall.  Cleveland would be better suited taking a more sure thing like DE or OT than experimenting on another QB with the top pick.

coffee  

I could almost agree with you about the QBs although I think this is as good as any other class, but what OT do you think Cleveland could take with the first pick?
There is barely an OT with a first round grade in this class

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:33 pm

I don't see any of this years top QB's going 1 overall.  Cleveland would be better suited taking a more sure thing like DE or OT than experimenting on another QB with the top pick.

coffee  

I could almost agree with you about the QBs although I think this is as good as any other class, but what OT do you think Cleveland could take with the first pick?

Have to agree on the OT being top thin this year. I can't recall a year where there wasn't some big/fat oaf OT worth taking in the top 5 to 6 picks. However, this year you got Robinson from Bama and Ramcyzk from the Badgers as the creme of the crop and neither will likely break into the top 10 even. Go figure the Browns can't even fall into another Joe Thomas as a fall back play. Poor Browns. Oh well, pump up the D then if need be and get a Lineman.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:38 am

coffee  

Have to agree on the OT being top thin this year.  I can't recall a year where there wasn't some big/fat oaf OT worth taking in the top 5 to 6 picks.  However, this year you got Robinson from Bama and Ramcyzk from the Badgers as the creme of the crop and neither will likely break into the top 10 even.  Go figure the Browns can't even fall into another Joe Thomas as a fall back play.  Poor Browns.  Oh well, pump up the D then if need be and get a Lineman.

coffee

There's a Tackle I really like called Forrest Lamp, but I really liked him as like a 3rd/4th round guy because he is a small school guy but he does everything well. Then I hear that he now has a bit of buzz and they are talking about him in the first round. It wouldn't surprise me if he is the best Tackle in this class but still not sure about taking a small school Tackle so high.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:34 am

I really wish Will Fuller wasnt injured.
Watson Fuller show is gonna be good

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:17 am

It will impress me when he does it against a starting Defense in the regular season. Although he looked decent.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:30 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
It will impress me when he does it against a starting Defense in the regular season. Although he looked decent.

I agree, he looked alright and used his legs, so hopefully he'll be ready to start week 3 when Tom Savage shits the bed.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:45 am

Last night was our first Panthers game since we got the PSL's last year. It was a good time. Savage is shitty. His accuracy was terrible and I doubt he will be the starter for week 1.

On to Watson. It felt like a Clemson home game lol. So many Clemson shirts and Watson jerseys. The loudest cheer of the night was on his TD run. Observations: he was able to extend plays and had good pocket presence. He made good decisions on when to slide and throw the ball away. He didn't force throws. He didn't do a whole lot of recognizing defenses but had a nice play on a corner blitz going to his hot read and getting the ball out quickly. He did play against mostly 3rd stringers as some of the better 2nd stringers weren't even dressed and he had a clean pocket on almost every dropback. The LBs didn't contain him and DBs seemed like they were just wandering around the field aimlessly half the time. But he did show poise and good decision making and his throws looked pretty good. He will need to work on making all the throws that require both touch and small windows but he is dynamic and if I was a Texans fan I'd want to watch him play over Savage.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:21 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Yeah I get it, but there are plenty of QBs who do not play well against 2nd and 3rd string D's in preseason so this is a bright spot of hope for the Texan fans

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Carolina Silverbacks wrote:
Last night was our first Panthers game since we got the PSL's last year.  It was a good time.  Savage is shitty.  His accuracy was terrible and I doubt he will be the starter for week 1.

On to Watson.  It felt like a Clemson home game lol.  So many Clemson shirts and Watson jerseys.  The loudest cheer of the night was on his TD run.  Observations: he was able to extend plays and had good pocket presence.  He made good decisions on when to slide and throw the ball away.  He didn't force throws. He didn't do a whole lot of recognizing defenses but had a nice play on a corner blitz going to his hot read and getting the ball out quickly.  He did play against mostly 3rd stringers as some of the better 2nd stringers weren't even dressed and he had a clean pocket on almost every dropback.  The LBs didn't contain him and DBs seemed like they were just wandering around the field aimlessly half the time.  But he did show poise and good decision making and his throws looked pretty good.  He will need to work on making all the throws that require both touch and small windows but he is dynamic and if I was a Texans fan I'd want to watch him play over Savage.

What I have found most interesting so far is that former Clemson Tiger Deandre Hopkins has stated he likes Savage over former Clemson Tiger Deshaun Watson. Wondered if something happened as one was leaving Clemson and the other was coming in.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:42 pm

North Carolina Cobras wrote:

What I have found most interesting so far is that former Clemson Tiger Deandre Hopkins has stated he likes Savage over former Clemson Tiger Deshaun Watson. Wondered if something happened as one was leaving Clemson and the other was coming in.

Sounds like Hopkins is a bit butt hurt.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:57 pm

Excited to see his career develop. Hopeful he becomes a bit of a superstar.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Last night was our first Panthers game since we got the PSL's last year.  It was a good time.  Savage is shitty.  His accuracy was terrible and I doubt he will be the starter for week 1.

On to Watson.  It felt like a Clemson home game lol.  So many Clemson shirts and Watson jerseys.  The loudest cheer of the night was on his TD run.  Observations: he was able to extend plays and had good pocket presence.  He made good decisions on when to slide and throw the ball away.  He didn't force throws. He didn't do a whole lot of recognizing defenses but had a nice play on a corner blitz going to his hot read and getting the ball out quickly.  He did play against mostly 3rd stringers as some of the better 2nd stringers weren't even dressed and he had a clean pocket on almost every dropback.  The LBs didn't contain him and DBs seemed like they were just wandering around the field aimlessly half the time.  But he did show poise and good decision making and his throws looked pretty good.  He will need to work on making all the throws that require both touch and small windows but he is dynamic and if I was a Texans fan I'd want to watch him play over Savage.

This really surprised me as well. There's been pretty much no mention of that around here and I can't remember any bad history between them though

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:25 am

coincidence?

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Maybe, but the other picture didn't work...

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:32 pm

Denver Demons wrote:

This really surprised me as well. There's been pretty much no mention of that around here and I can't remember any bad history between them though

When did Hopkins say this? Was it when Savage was the starter? That would explain it for me.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:59 pm

Texans fear Watson tore his ACL in practice. FUCK!

Back to top Go down
Kalamazoo Nukes

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:00 pm

wrote:
BREAKING: Texans fear Deshaun Watson has torn ACL

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:00 pm

Sucky news...

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Twitter reporting possibly tore ACL in non contact drill during practice

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Wow...you guys are fast

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:04 pm

Southside Spartans wrote:
Wow...you guys are fast

Haha we were all pretty speedy! This really sucks for any hope of a playoff run for me .

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:05 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:

Ben scooped everyone...hey, thought you were supposed to be drinking beer with Andy and Mark, not sitting on Rotowire?? beer lol3

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:07 pm

Emotional roller coaster of a day for Houston sports fans

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:14 pm

Damn.  This news isn't even 15 minutes old and we have 10 posts.  

So I heard that DeShaun may have torn his ACL.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:

Ben scooped everyone...hey, thought you were supposed to be drinking beer with Andy and Mark, not sitting on Rotowire?? beer  lol3

Didn't feel like waiting around for 3.5 hours waiting for Andy to get off work, and then drive home in rush hour. I've got a keg in my garage...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Real shame for the game - he was really fun to watch.

Not only bad for him but kills Hopkins and Fuller's value too.

Fingers crossed for next year.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:24 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Real shame for the game - he was really fun to watch.

Not only bad for him but kills Hopkins and Fuller's value too.

Fingers crossed for next year.

Sucks.

He was fun to watch adn was really good for the game.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:34 pm

I added Savage before I came to post here.. priorities ya know

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:34 pm

All these ACL injuries are ridiculous. I'd like to see numbers on ACL's injuries before hybrid turf and after. Seems like there's more and more every year.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:35 pm

WOW!  surprised  This sucks.  He wasn't acting like a rookie on gamedays.  Just sucks.   Time to go change my FD lineup.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:42 pm

Damn shame. Hopefully, next year he picks up where he left off. Good for the game.

Back to top Go down
Kalamazoo Nukes

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:49 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
All these ACL injuries are ridiculous. I'd like to see numbers on ACL's injuries before hybrid turf and after. Seems like there's more and more every year.

I think it more the speed of the game and players and possible size too. there is a ton of force put on these ligaments. you can bulk up muscles to get stronger but you can't strengthen ligaments.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:53 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
WOW!  surprised  This sucks.  He wasn't acting like a rookie on gamedays.  Just sucks.   Time to go change my FD lineup.

Me too! Damnit. I had a solid lineup too!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:00 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Me too! Damnit. I had a solid lineup too!

laughing  I did too!  Time to rearrange it all.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:11 pm

I can't even believe this happened. Fucking Texans can't win.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DeShaun Watson QB HOU   

Back to top Go down

DeShaun Watson QB HOU
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: