HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Mark Ingram RB NOS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat May 05, 2012 10:07 pm

BUSSSSSSSSSSSSSST. I know it's a "minor" procedure but damn.

Quote :
Running back Mark Ingram underwent another knee surgery and will be out of action for the next six months while recovering, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

While this is merely an arthroscopic procedure, it is still a concern as it marks his third operation since August of 2010, and the second on his knee. Ingram has the talent to be a No. 1 back in the NFL, but will remain a risky fantasy venture due to durability issues. Yardage monster Darren Sproles looks to remain the preferred fantasy target among the Saints running backs for 2012.

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sun May 06, 2012 12:24 am

He had the knee problems in college. I cringed when they traded those draft picks to get him in the first round.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sun May 06, 2012 12:40 am

That story is wrong. He is expected back in 4-6 weeks. Not months. But it's obviously still a red flag.

Back to top Go down
St. Louis Duffers

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sun May 06, 2012 1:34 am

I thought I heard that it was 4 to 6 weeks but it was this way for him in college and last year. I know the Saints went through a lot of running backs the year before the 2011 draft but still we didn't need a back with knee problems. I hope that it is as minor as they say and he is able to be healthy and productive for the Saints.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:53 am

Quote :
New Orleans Saints RB Mark Ingram (knee, toe) did not play in the preseason game Thursday, Aug. 9, because of knee and toe injuries.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Ingram looked good in the Hall of Fame Game on Sunday, but the team decided to keep him out of action Thursday night.

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:34 pm

Someone wake me up when this dude does something even close to warranting all the hype he got coming into the league.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Someone wake me up when this dude does something even close to warranting all the hype he got coming into the league.
WARNING: You may be sleeping through the entire football season....

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Quote :
Ingram was only on the field for a paltry nine snaps Sunday against Washington, reports Jeff Duncan of the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

Analysis: As we mentioned before, the Saints fell behind early against the Redskins and almost completely abandoned the run in the second half. As a result, the offense only registered 10 total carries for the entire game, with six of those going to Ingram. While the Saints rarely operate a run-heavy offensive game plan, the results from Sunday were still a far cry from the norm, and Ingram will see better days in the near future, perhaps as early as this weekend in Carolina.

BUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:15 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Quote :
Ingram was only on the field for a paltry nine snaps Sunday against Washington, reports Jeff Duncan of the New Orleans Times-Picayune.

Analysis: As we mentioned before, the Saints fell behind early against the Redskins and almost completely abandoned the run in the second half. As a result, the offense only registered 10 total carries for the entire game, with six of those going to Ingram. While the Saints rarely operate a run-heavy offensive game plan, the results from Sunday were still a far cry from the norm, and Ingram will see better days in the near future, perhaps as early as this weekend in Carolina.

BUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST

What really surprised me about this was the lack of involvment that Sproles had. I would have thought he'd have scored a ton of points if they were playing from behind, but without that late game TD, he wouldn't have scored very well.

I think Ingram comes back this week and has a nice game.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:38 pm

I really thought ingram had a little emmitt thing going. I was wrong.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Quote :
ESPN NFC South blogger Pat Yasinskas "gets the sense" Mark Ingram will finally carve out a "firm role" in the Saints' 2013 offense. Analysis: Ingram is New Orleans' best inside runner, and Yasinskas noticed him playing more in the passing game at OTAs. "Number one, I think he is healthy," coach Sean Payton said of Ingram. "He is moving around real well. He looks sudden, and again this is all in shorts, but I'm excited to see him play this season. I think that obviously he will have an important role in what we do."

THIS IS THE YEAR!

He plays SIX games!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Whoa whoa whoa... Is that six including preseason games?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:27 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa... Is that six including preseason games?

Oh yeah. Not counting preseason I cut that number to three.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Quote :
ESPN NFC South blogger Pat Yasinskas "gets the sense" Mark Ingram will finally carve out a "firm role" in the Saints' 2013 offense. Analysis: Ingram is New Orleans' best inside runner, and Yasinskas noticed him playing more in the passing game at OTAs. "Number one, I think he is healthy," coach Sean Payton said of Ingram. "He is moving around real well. He looks sudden, and again this is all in shorts, but I'm excited to see him play this season. I think that obviously he will have an important role in what we do."

THIS IS THE YEAR!

He plays SIX games!

Funny that in the same day, this comes out:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210204/article/mark-ingram-new-orleans-saints-no-3-back-in-practice

Who knows...

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:23 am

wow... I thought when he landed in New Orleans it was goign to work out. A team that spreads the defense and he'd see holes similar to 'bama

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:28 am

Bama running back busts are stacking up in the NFL lately...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:45 am

Ingram is far from a bust... He hasn't had a real opportunity to carry the majority of the load since coming into the league. Sounds like he may get the chance this year. If he does and still doesn't produce, then we can start talking about him being a bust.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:56 am

He had the opportunity he just couldn't stay healthy.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:02 am

He had the opportunity he just couldn't stay healthy.

Losing time to injury does not make you a bust... and it is arguable that he had the opportunity to be the main running back... In that offense where reps were split with Thomas and Ivory while Sproles got most of the passing downs...

Sounds like he should get far more chances this year... we will see how that pans out...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:23 pm

I expect a big fat nothing from Ingram as long as he is on the Saints.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Quote :
Mark Ingram lined up with the second unit throughout the Saints' offseason program.

Analysis: It's a change from the previous two offseasons, when Ingram received more first-team carries than any other back. During this year's OTAs and minicamp, Pierre Thomas and Darren Sproles have received the "vast majority" of reps with the first-team offense. Thomas has had his number called on traditional running plays while Sproles does his thing on the outside. All three backs are going to get snaps under the Saints' hot-hand approach, but Ingram is no longer on first-round pick scholarship. He's averaged just 3.87 YPC through two NFL seasons compared to 4.81 for Thomas over the same span.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:48 pm

I love watching Pierre Thomas play, I think he's one of the more under-rated guys in the NFL because of the lack of volume he gets.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Saints RBs never get enough carries. Never understood why Payton gives no one a chance to stand out.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Quote :
The New Orleans Times-Picayune believes Mark Ingram's "fantasy football stock is about to rise." Analysis: Beat writer Mike Triplett expects Ingram to "turn heads" in Friday's preseason opener if he "looks anywhere near as impressive" as he has throughout camp. Colleague Jeff Duncan calls Ingram the most impressive player in Saints camp, and believes he's "primed for a breakout season." Pierre Thomas (undisclosed) isn't expected to play Friday. Thomas opened camp ahead of Ingram on the depth chart, but all signs suggest the pendulum has swung
We'll see.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:24 pm

I am hoping he steps up and takes this job, I was a fan coming out of college and have thought he has never really been given much of a chance in the NFL, the Saints always carried a glut of RBs but never really made it a priority to establish the run game at all...

But I get where you're coming from, we've heard it before and he has yet to impress... He needs to step up starting tonight, sounds like he will get some opportunities... He needs to make the most of them for sure...

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:37 pm

the only problemvis pierre thomas is better.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:47 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
I just hope one of them gets more opportunity this year consistently

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:56 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
That is your opinion, and it is one I obviously do not share... I like Ingram better, he is much younger and he is finally healthy...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:35 am

I have hope for Ingram, and think he could be better than Thomas. I wouldn't be surprised however to not see him take that next step this year

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:13 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I have hope for Ingram, and think he could be better than Thomas. I wouldn't be surprised however to not see him take that next step this year
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Ingram is a sure thing either... But he has more talent and upside than Thomas... He needs to step up this year but he also needs opportunity from the Saints... Its tough with Sproles there who obviously is a great pass catcher in the open field but he is not a very good RB carrying the ball, but nevertheless he vultures so many downs where another RB is not even on the field, makes things much tougher for the other more traditional RB's on the roster...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:12 pm

I keep hearing about him but I haven't seen anything. PASS.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:01 pm

What does that even mean? You can't wait to see something at a pro level before adding players when building a dynasty team! You look for talent and upside, both of which Ingram has, and then you wait for opportunity which is the stage we are at right now...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
What does that even mean?   You can't wait to see something at a pro level before adding players when building a dynasty team!   You look for talent and upside,  both of which Ingram has,   and then you wait for opportunity which is the stage we are at right now...  
I have heard chatter...but then all I saw was injury...and spotty appearances and production. What I am saying is I am not a believer and if he pans out then obviously I missed the boat but I don't think I am gonna have any regrets.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:47 pm

Quote :
Ingram (toe) is questionable for Monday's game, and the New Orleans Times-Picayune's Larry Holder would be "stunned" if the running back plays. Analysis: With Ingram unlikely to play and ineffective even when he's healthy, fantasy owners should move on to other options. Darren Sproles, Pierre Thomas, and Khiry Robinson will carry the load at running back against a tough Miami defense.
Man this guy...

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:34 am

Can you say... b...u...s...t...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Quote :
Ingram is expected to miss about a month due to a hand injury he suffered during Sunday's game, ESPN reports. Analysis: Ingram once again led the Saints in rushing Sunday against the Browns, when he totaled 83 yards and a touchdown on just 11 carries. However, in a surprise development, Ingram will now be sidelined because of a hand injury he picked up along the way Sunday. As a result, Ingram's encouraging early season production of 143 rushing yards and three touchdowns will be put on hold.

Jesus tap dancing christ.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:48 pm

Damn... the carnage is out of control this season!

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:09 pm

Wow.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:22 pm

This is really crazy

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:14 pm

Signed to a four year deal with the Saints.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:24 pm

Wow. I didn't see this coming with their cap problems.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:59 pm

How? Even if he signed a cap friendly deal, they would still be significantly over the cap... This is surprising...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:02 pm

How?   Even if he signed a cap friendly deal,    they would still be significantly over the cap...   This is surprising...

They have so many different ways of kicking the can down the road. I'm sure it won't be long before news about Lofton breaks.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:19 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
How?   Even if he signed a cap friendly deal,    they would still be significantly over the cap...   This is surprising...

They have so many different ways of kicking the can down the road. I'm sure it won't be long before news about Lofton breaks.

Sure, I get that, but it seems like signing Ingram would complicate matters with clearing the cap space rather than help it... seems counter intuitive to me...

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:08 pm

Glad they resigned him........But now how do they get themselves back under the cap????

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:36 am

Surprised to see this. It's decent news for Ingram as he clearly is their #1 back and you never know where else he might have gone.

But agree with Derrick - not sure it was sensible from a $$ perspective as they could have got a similar level starter for far less - they must really like him.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:08 am

He does know the plays, no learning curve. Maybe they thought the grass wasnt greener on the other side.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:09 pm

I thought this was a divorce for sure. I thought N.Orleans wanted to rid themselves of him and I thought he would want a fresh start and move on. Guess the 4M per sold him on staying put. If this wonky kneed back could ever stay healthy he may actually be worth something. When he has played lately he actually hasn't done too bad.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:35 pm

Pretty crazy that Ingram gets 16 million while Cobb gets 40 million. The way of the NFL I guess.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:28 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Pretty crazy that Ingram gets 16 million while Cobb gets 40 million. The way of the NFL I guess.

I don't get it. What is crazy?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Ingram RB NOS   

Back to top Go down

Mark Ingram RB NOS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: