Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed May 03, 2017 6:00 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Yeah, I wish people would give me Gronk for guys like Adams.

But then again, you have to deal with the headache of him sitting on your bench a lot of the time. Hopefully for your sake he can actually get through a season.

Same here. A few months ago I gave up Doug Martin, Tyrell Williams, and a first rounder for Gronk. He proceeded to get injured the next day and was out for the year. Your deal makes me feel like I overpayed.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed May 03, 2017 6:06 pm

So I traded Keenan Allen and my 2018 1st, and got the 1.03, and 2018 2nd. Future me will not like it, but I like it currently.
And I kept my 1.04.

1.01 Davis
1.02 Fournette
1.03 McCaffery(me)
1.04 Mike Williams (also me)

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed May 03, 2017 6:55 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
So I traded Keenan Allen and my 2018 1st, and got the 1.03, and 2018 2nd. Future me will not like it, but I like it currently.
And I kept my 1.04.

1.01 Davis
1.02 Fournette
1.03 McCaffery(me)

McCaffery white so he going to be good. Mike Dubs was the hyped 1.01 just six weeks ago... what happened? Oh, that's right the Chargers happened.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 04, 2017 3:36 am

California Nightmare wrote:
And I kept my 1.04.

1.01 Davis
1.02 Fournette
1.03 McCaffery(me)

McCaffery white so he going to be good. Mike Dubs was the hyped 1.01 just six weeks ago... what happened? Oh, that's right the Chargers happened.

Was he though? All I heard was Fournette and Cook were the 1.01 and 1.02.

I don't mind the landing spot for Williams. Allen can't stay healthy and Tyrell Williams isn't a number 1 receiver so the opportunity is there (Allen probably lined up in the slot with Williams2 outside). Phil Rivers always makes a poor offense look decent so looking forward to him actually having depth of talent.
Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 04, 2017 11:38 am

And I kept my 1.04.

1.01 Davis
1.02 Fournette
1.03 McCaffery(me)

I keep hearing the 2018 draft class is better than 2017 so that may hurt in the future like you said. But for now it's cool and I like the deal. vote yes

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 04, 2017 11:41 am

Carolina Silverbacks wrote:
And I kept my 1.04.

1.01 Davis
1.02 Fournette
1.03 McCaffery(me)

I keep hearing the 2018 draft class is better than 2017 so that may hurt in the future like you said.  But for now it's cool and I like the deal. vote yes

DONT "THEY" SAY THAT EVERY YEAR???

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Keeper League Question   Thu May 04, 2017 5:26 pm

I've been the commish of a 12 team redraft league entering its 12th year. I've wanted to make this a dynasty league for several years, but the owners want to keep it as is. However this year we plan to make it a keeper league. At present, each team is allowed a total of 18 players on their roster. With that number, how many do you think is the best number of players to keep in a keeper league?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 04, 2017 6:43 pm

If it's a standard league without IDP, I think 3 to 5 keepers tends to works best. You get to hang onto the guys you really like, but not too many. There's still strategic choice in finding the right keepers, and good or emerging players still fall back into the draft pool.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 04, 2017 6:49 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
If it's a standard league without IDP, I think 3 to 5 keepers tends to works best. You get to hang onto the guys you really like, but not too many. There's still strategic choice in finding the right keepers, and good or emerging players still fall back into the draft pool.

I agree you don't want too many keepers so 3-5 would be good. You want the draft to still be exciting. You might want rules like keep for 1 or 2 years or give up certain round picks for keeping players, etc.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 04, 2017 7:08 pm

Also might want rule about not more than 1 keeper per position.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 04, 2017 7:23 pm

Manhattan Beach Patriots wrote:
I've been the commish of a 12 team redraft league entering its 12th year.  I've wanted to make this a dynasty league for several years, but the owners want to keep it as is.  However this year we plan to make it a keeper league.  At present, each team is allowed a total of 18 players on their roster.  With that number, how many do you think is the best number of players to keep in a keeper league?

Thanks!

I would agree you got to keep it simple and well defined. Adding any kind of format change in an established league is a hard thing to tackle.. 3 to 5 max and 1 to 2 per position would be what I would suggest to give you that "dynasty feel" while not watering down your draft so you still get that "redraft feel"

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 04, 2017 7:25 pm

England Dragons wrote:
I keep reading about leagues that have their rookie drafts before the NFL. Don't fancy that at all - landing spot is so important, especially after the first few picks.

I have been warming to this idea, rookie draft prior to the NFL draft.. Obviously not for every league, but man that is a wrinkle of a strategy to prepare for and talk about having a real invested interest in that 3 days span in April every year.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Manhattan Beach Patriots wrote:
I've been the commish of a 12 team redraft league entering its 12th year.  I've wanted to make this a dynasty league for several years, but the owners want to keep it as is.  However this year we plan to make it a keeper league.  At present, each team is allowed a total of 18 players on their roster.  With that number, how many do you think is the best number of players to keep in a keeper league?

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions. Much appreciated.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 04, 2017 11:59 pm

This is going to be a very interesting rookie draft. The mid first round has lots of similar quality players.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri May 05, 2017 12:00 am

California Nightmare wrote:
Anyone got suggestions for the 1.04?  PPR  Superflex. Brady and Tyrod as my Qbs.  Well rounded in other positions.

I do.

No fucking way am I going to discuss it out in the open here though.

I can't draft your butthole, if that's what you are thinking. beat dead horse

But you can eat his dick...

Cake

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri May 05, 2017 3:14 am

I've got 2 rookie drafts starting today. I own the 1.02, 1.07 1.12 and 2.02 in one league. 1.03, 1.11 and 2.03 in the other.

I see a major drop off in quality at 1.07 then again at 1.12-1.14 (depending on the number of surprise picks). I like my position I'm in to get my guys.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri May 05, 2017 7:49 am

Latvian Unicorns wrote:
I've got 2 rookie drafts starting today. I own the 1.02, 1.07 1.12 and 2.02 in one league. 1.03, 1.11 and 2.03 in the other.

I see a major drop off in quality at 1.07 then again at 1.12-1.14 (depending on the number of surprise picks). I like my position I'm in to get my guys.

SuperFlex? IDP?

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri May 05, 2017 7:57 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Latvian Unicorns wrote:

SuperFlex? IDP?

One IDP, both standard flex PPR.

Just picked up Corey Davis at 1.02. McCaffrey, Davis then Fournette so far.
Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sat May 06, 2017 10:40 pm

Not necessarily a post about a team or trade in another league, but I'm assuming this is the thread where we talk or in my case vent about other leagues..

Why oh why oh why cant others meet deadlines.. Worst part about running a league is having to herd the cats over and over.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Militia

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sat May 06, 2017 10:47 pm

Polk High Panthers wrote:
Not necessarily a post about a team or trade in another league, but I'm assuming this is the thread where we talk or in my case vent about other leagues..

Why oh why oh why cant others meet deadlines.. Worst part about running a league is having to herd the cats over and over.

I hear ya. We must have some of the same players in each of our leagues. It's not that difficult...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sun May 07, 2017 5:17 am

My response would seem harsh to most (I'll keep that to myself). The deal is this though....what do you have in place to deal with it? If the answer is close to nothing then you gotta solve that fast. For example, I don't want to fine someone or kick them out of RW but I will happily do both before I'll put up with certain shit because like Tim said, it's not hard to do what an owner is expected to do. Depending on what you're dealing with, replace the owner with someone who will give a shit and I'll assure you that you won't regret that move even once.

Life is too short to cater to dumbos.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sun May 07, 2017 2:29 pm

Ah bro I think you have seen a glimpse of the bozo's I'm dealing with as you have sorted through the graphics in that league..

Long story short, it was a league that went dormant last year and was dis-established because the commish had real world stuff that came into play. Life happens, I get it..

Another guy stepped up to bring it back and asked for help and I obliged. Him and my commish styles are, well they're not similar. So taking the hard line, which I would like to do, is something that I at this time just continue to suggest and try to nudge in that direction, but as you see am not getting traction with.

Adding these simple things in the by-laws with repercussions will be something I push long and hard for next offseason.

Missed deadlines have came and went, and have done so without reprisal, meaning deadlines are going to cease to matter here in the near future. Hopefully that happens enough to turn on the light bulb without effecting the league integrity.

I mean I still got you in limbo waiting on 2 owners to get their graphics request in that has been available for them to do for what 5 months now.. I'm mostly just bitching to bitch here, I do know the answer and appreciate being in leagues where ish like this is not a concern.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sun May 07, 2017 6:33 pm

Ah bro I think you have seen a glimpse of the bozo's I'm dealing with as you have sorted through the graphics in that league..

Long story short, it was a league that went dormant last year and was dis-established because the commish had real world stuff that came into play. Life happens, I get it..

Another guy stepped up to bring it back and asked for help and I obliged. Him and my commish styles are, well they're not similar. So taking the hard line, which I would like to do, is something that I at this time just continue to suggest and try to nudge in that direction, but as you see am not getting traction with.

Adding these simple things in the by-laws with repercussions will be something I push long and hard for next offseason.

Missed deadlines have came and went, and have done so without reprisal, meaning deadlines are going to cease to matter here in the near future. Hopefully that happens enough to turn on the light bulb without effecting the league integrity.

I mean I still got you in limbo waiting on 2 owners to get their graphics request in that has been available for them to do for what 5 months now.. I'm mostly just bitching to bitch here, I do know the answer and appreciate being in leagues where ish like this is not a concern.

Thanks.

Here is a ploy you're welcome to use....my prices went up since that order so threaten those last two jackwagons that if they don't have their graphics handled by X date that they will need to get a new quote with me.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon May 08, 2017 8:44 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
And this is why I get frustrated with this game:

Owner A offers me Player Y for my 1.7.

I reject.  I make the following offer:  Owner A gives me Player Y, 2.3, and 3.3 for my 1.7 and 2.7.

Owner A rejects.  Owner A counters:  Owner A gives me Player Y and 3.3 for my 1.7 and 2.7.

I know why he did this but why don't people realize that their new offer is worse than one than an offer I rejected earlier in the day?

Two weeks ago (post first round of NFL draft), open up email to unsolicited offer for Jimmy G of James White and Mike Glennon. Say no thanks, and explain I am willing to wait on Jimmy G, even if the "value" may be on his side (its a superflex league and I overpaid for Jimmy G earlier this offseason when it looked like he might be moved). Today, open up email to unsolicited offer of Mike Glennon for Jimmy G from same owner. frustrated bang head on wall

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon May 08, 2017 9:58 am

Well, I was sitting at 1.08 and 1.09 in hopes someone would goof and let me scoop up a top tier guy. Jamal Adams went at 1.07 leaving me with John Ross. Not excited about it, but its something. Now I'm shopping 1.08 and praying someone will trade up for him. WR is my strongest spot and I really need a RB (or two, and some LBs). I don't like the value for Kamara/Perine/Hunt/D'Onta at all but figure I'll be very lucky for a decent RB to get to me when my next picks come up in the 3rd round (3.01, 3.03 in a 16 team).

Do I bite the bullet if nobody trades up for 1.08 and take one of those backs? Ignore team needs and go BPA? Decisions, decisions.

This is why I love the draft.

frustrated thinking2

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon May 08, 2017 1:43 pm

Denver Demons wrote:
Well, I was sitting at 1.08 and 1.09 in hopes someone would goof and let me scoop up a top tier guy. Jamal Adams went at 1.07 leaving me with John Ross. Not excited about it, but its something. Now I'm shopping 1.08 and praying someone will trade up for him. WR is my strongest spot and I really need a RB (or two, and some LBs). I don't like the value for Kamara/Perine/Hunt/D'Onta at all but figure I'll be very lucky for a decent RB to get to me when my next picks come up in the 3rd round (3.01, 3.03 in a 16 team).

Do I bite the bullet if nobody trades up for 1.08 and take one of those backs? Ignore team needs and go BPA? Decisions, decisions.

This is why I love the draft.

frustrated thinking2

Take John Ross. He supremely talented and more than a one trick pony in a great situation opposite AJ Green. If you look at the situations of those RB's (picked in the 3rd Round of the real NFL draft for a reason, might I add), how many of them are actually that good? Perine looks set but Kamara and D'onta are in muddier back fields. Hunt could become the lead back but Spencer Ware has been really good for KC.

Not enough to put talent over situation/team needs IMO. People are sleeping on Ross big time and I've picked him up at 1.07 and 1.09 in both my drafts.
Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon May 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Latvian Unicorns wrote:

Take John Ross. He supremely talented and more than a one trick pony in a great situation opposite AJ Green. If you look at the situations of those RB's (picked in the 3rd Round of the real NFL draft for a reason, might I add), how many of them are actually that good? Perine looks set but Kamara and D'onta are in muddier back fields. Hunt could become the lead back but Spencer Ware has been really good for KC.

Not enough to put talent over situation/team needs IMO. People are sleeping on Ross big time and I've picked him up at 1.07 and 1.09 in both my drafts.

There's no question about the kid's talent. Its those injuries that are concerning. Ended up taking him and Perine though. You really cant turn down the 9th overall pick at #9 in the rookie draft. I was just hoping to get more out of it via trade.

I'm curious about Perine's strength/speed combo. Doesn't feel like he has the highest of ceilings, but I think he's one of the higher floors at RB this year.

Now I wait for a week until round 3 gets here... coffee

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon May 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Denver Demons wrote:
Latvian Unicorns wrote:

There's no question about the kid's talent. Its those injuries that are concerning. Ended up taking him and Perine though. You really cant turn down the 9th overall pick at #9 in the rookie draft. I was just hoping to get more out of it via trade.

I'm curious about Perine's strength/speed combo. Doesn't feel like he has the highest of ceilings, but I think he's one of the higher floors at RB this year.

I feel your pain of waiting. No 1st rounder for me and pick late in the second. *sigh*. No fun for me.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon May 08, 2017 8:00 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Here is a ploy you're welcome to use....my prices went up since that order so threaten those last two jackwagons that if they don't have their graphics handled by X date that they will need to get a new quote with me.  

Done deal. I told them they had till the end of May to get it to me. I will most definitely throw out there that the quote will change if it is later than that.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon May 08, 2017 8:02 pm

Charm City Justice wrote:
Two weeks ago (post first round of NFL draft), open up email to unsolicited offer for Jimmy G of James White and Mike Glennon.  Say no thanks, and explain I am willing to wait on Jimmy G, even if the "value" may be on his side (its a superflex league and I overpaid for Jimmy G earlier this offseason when it looked like he might be moved).  Today, open up email to unsolicited offer of Mike Glennon for Jimmy G from same owner.  frustrated bang head on wall

When this happens I dont even respond. You gave a reasoning on your rejection and he wasnt willing to listen. It is frustrating though to say the least

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 09, 2017 4:50 am

Denver Demons wrote:
Latvian Unicorns wrote:

Totally agree. If I manage to draft him, I'll be looking to trade him when he blows up. It's the Alfred Morris conundrum - productive RB but you know the organisation will always be looking to replace him.
Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Can I build A Champion? The Auction   Thu May 11, 2017 7:50 am

I joined a pretty cool league. Superflex, IDP with 25 starting positions. IDP includes corners and defensive tackles. League has contracts and my favorite: college players. There is a 4 round college player draft that we buy picks for in the auction. The auction just started so I thought I would document the building of the team and take some criticism that hopefully makes the team better.

So here goes. 24 hour auction. 1000 to spend. Have to have 65 players at auctions end

Day 1

Nuke Hopkins $96

Day 2
Dez Bryant $73

Day 3
LeSean McCoy $70

Tough sledding to get a QB in this league. The top guys are  going in for at least 100. I have my eye on a few but started out the gate with the guy I targeted to build around in Nuke. I love Watson. Just love him and will target him later in the auction. He will get the ball to Nuke, and I expect z return to WR1 status for him. Dez is a much better NFL player than fantasy player but I like him and Dakota should give him more red zone looks with teams looking to stop Zeke.

I love LeSean as well. So much so that I would rather have him than anyone that Zeke. He is just so productive,...

I know that with 65 players I am going to have to get at least some $1 players. The landscape is interesting. Some owners have already spent 700 in 3 days. Wow! He commissioner on the other hand has spent 160 on 3 players

Right now I have high bids on
Drew Brees
Paxton Lynch/semien
Greg Olson
David Njoku
Evan Engram

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 11, 2017 8:15 am

Could you share a link? I'd love to check it out.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 11, 2017 8:16 am

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 11, 2017 8:23 am

Thanks. Some really interesting results there. Cam at $94 really stands out. Looks like some good values also on Julio, Amari, Fournette, Melvin, Corey Davis, and Baldwin. There's also some bargains on the defensive side, but I guess that's to be expected.

On a side note, I thought of the situation in the link below when looking at your avatar.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/17/us/twitter-journalist-strobe-epilepsy/

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 11, 2017 8:43 am

Added Drew Brees forv $88

My approach in this league has turned VERY conservative when I thought I would go out guns blazing.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 11, 2017 12:36 pm

there are some interesting prices in there

watt only 61$

mixon highest rookie 89$

trubisky @ 25$ vs mahomes @ 46$

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu May 11, 2017 3:54 pm

whew.. Zach Pearson team 12 players (4 of em devy's) with only 154$ left to spend..

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sun May 14, 2017 5:02 pm

Eric, I would like to thank you for Dalvin Cook in GLDL! I see you turned mine into a future 1st so it looks like we both win.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sun May 14, 2017 5:20 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Eric,  I would like to thank you for Dalvin Cook in GLDL!  I see you turned mine into a future 1st so it looks like we both win.

cheers
meh.... what comes around goes around - now just beat the devil dogs for me and we're all good

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sun May 14, 2017 5:56 pm

3 freaking drafts going on right now, all slow drafts with 12 hour clocks... There is a special place in hell for folks who don't prep trades prior to them being OTC then taking every ounce of it to demand someone meet there insane price before they finally make a shit pick.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sun May 14, 2017 8:38 pm

3 freaking drafts going on right now, all slow drafts with 12 hour clocks... There is a special place in hell for folks who don't prep trades prior to them being OTC then taking every ounce of it to demand someone meet there insane price before they finally make a shit pick.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
vote yes

I do try to work trades OTC but dont take all day to do it - usually if i cant work something out pretty quick I just make my pick (sometimes work or the trade partner make thing drag out longer then i like though)

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:54 pm

Been offered a couple of ridiculous trades today. Currently drafting, 1.14 and Alvin Kamara is still on the board. I offered my 2.12 and Marvin Jones for the pick. Rejected - no problem. Counter proposal comes in:

(me)
Michael Thomas
Odell Beckham

for

AJ Green

Unfuckingbelievable. Even without 2.12 that's an instant reject. Then I get another two offers. Michael Thomas and 2.12 for 1.14 or same deal with Allen Robinson subbed in.

Is that the worst series of trade proposals you've ever seen?

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Latvia Unicorns wrote:
Been offered a couple of ridiculous trades today. Currently drafting, 1.14 and Alvin Kamara is still on the board. I offered my 2.12 and Marvin Jones for the pick. Rejected - no problem. Counter proposal comes in:

(me)
Michael Thomas
Odell Beckham

for

AJ Green

Unfuckingbelievable. Even without 2.12 that's an instant reject. Then I get another two offers. Michael Thomas and 2.12 for 1.14 or same deal with Allen Robinson subbed in.

Is that the worst series of trade proposals you've ever seen?

Yeah, that's pretty bad...

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:24 pm

I traded

John ross

For Jaylon Smith
2018 3rd

I am a big Jaylon fan.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:17 am

Man you gotta love it when you get a deal agreed to in text/email/chat with another owner only for them to not honor it in the MFL system.

I know there's nothing you can do unless the league has some rule for this, but it still sucks.

I like talking with an owner about trade options over the repeated back and forth of sending and declining offers mary go round so I choose to use all of the above (text/email/groupme chat) and I guess sometimes you get stung like this but its still crap.

Oh well

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:22 am

Yeah that sucks man. I would personally not deal with that owner again, it is crap. I know the whole, "Send it through the site" argument, but if you are close enough to text/email discussions, and they agree, a gentleman's agreement should stand. Sucks that people can't stand by their word.

Back to top Go down
Polk High Panthers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:29 am

Yeah I tried to be above board with my response to him about it but I'm along the same mindset

"I gotta be honest I am disappointed with this decision as we had an agreement via email and I had thought that the acceptance through the system was nothing but a formality after that.

I guess best of luck to you, I'm not going to lie the behavior here is probably going to preclude future business between us regardless of what is and isn't on the table, I'm just that way, if you give me your word I take you by your word and when you dishonor that then that trust and relationship is broken.

Good luck to you sir,
Sam"

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:03 pm

it's shitty how you can't trust somebody's word anymore

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Yeah I tried to be above board with my response to him about it but I'm along the same mindset

"I gotta be honest I am disappointed with this decision as we had an agreement via email and I had thought that the acceptance through the system was nothing but a formality after that.

I guess best of luck to you, I'm not going to lie the behavior here is probably going to preclude future business between us regardless of what is and isn't on the table, I'm just that way, if you give me your word I take you by your word and when you dishonor that then that trust and relationship is broken.

Good luck to you sir,
Sam"

Sorry man, but you really should have offered me two extra 3rd round picks.  Whattya say?  Deal?

lol3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   

Back to top Go down

The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: