Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:19 pm

I think his catches and yards from 2015 were not a fluke but I think he maxed out his tds in a year with 2015. Still puts him on that low end wr1. The thing is that if you drafted him in 2014 he was a 1.11-2.2 pick. In some cases he was a guy championship teams got. (David Johnson is another player people got at that range)

Can't beat turning his value around a few years later (after a down year mind you) for the chance at one of the top players in the class plus 2 extra picks.

Just like I have pointed out and Nick illustrated the draft is a lottery but you have to be in it to win it.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:00 pm

I'm not trading Allen Robinson for scratch-offs.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Your A Rob love is well documented as is mine. Sometimes you go with the value

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:59 pm

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
Minnesota Eternals wrote:

Your A Rob love is well documented as is mine. Sometimes you go with the value

I value Robinson. On the value menu he's #1 through #9. Trade other shit for value.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:07 pm

Fair enough. Remember the warm fuzies you got when you drafted Robinson. I did. I feel even warmer for all 3 players taken at the top of the draft board, one of which I think is a Hall of zFamer to be. Getting that plus 2 other picks plus this player for Robinson is a good move...

I know there won't be any swaying you boss. It's OK though.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:24 am

I'm curious about the group's thoughts on an offer I received -- I don't like it but am wondering if I'm missing something.

Basics - start 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 RB/WR/TE flex; 12 team PPR
I have a few pieces that might allow me to make the playoffs this year but I legitimately "earned" the 1.2 with last year's performance

I get Nuk, 3.7, and a 1st next year that will likely be 1.8-1.12

I give up Derrick Henry and 1.2.

I am fairly confident that it's too light. But by how much? I have some thoughts but don't want to influence what others might say.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:29 am

My thoughts.

I think I would go for another pick in this year's draft or the 2.7 instead of the 3.7 if he owns it. Nuke vs the 1.2 is slightly in Hopkins favor. I dislike Henry much like every Alabama RB so maybe I am biased in his evaluation.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:22 am

I'm not gonna support a 'Bama RB either but some people are liking him. Basically I feel like if you like Henry and the 1.2 is definitely valuable you are giving too much. The 3.7 is the deal breaker for me. Should be in the 2nd at least to consider it.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:29 pm

That 1.2 is getting crazy value in the eyes of the fantasy community. You can get more, shop it.

I personally like the Nuk side, but that is just me and I feel I am in the minority.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:31 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
That 1.2 is getting crazy value in the eyes of the fantasy community. You can get more, shop it.

I personally like the Nuk side, but that is just me and I feel I am in the minority.

I'm on the Nuk side as well, but depending on the draft this Thursday, the 1.2 could potentially see an increase in value. I guess Russ' RB situation outside of Henry plays into the decision as well.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Charm City Justice wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I'm on the Nuk side as well, but depending on the draft this Thursday, the 1.2 could potentially see an increase in value.  I guess Russ' RB situation outside of Henry plays into the decision as well.

Sadly, my RB situation is Henry and nothing else. It's an orphan that still needs a lot of work.

QB - Wilson, Goff, Kaepernick
RB - Henry, Gillislee, DeAndre Washington, Drake, Zenner, Collins, DMac
WR - White, Cobb, Meredith, Coates, Boyd, Woods, Agholor, Smelter, Calvin (late season speculative pickup)
TE - Eifert, Fleener, Derby

1.2, 1.11, 2.2, 2.7, 3.2, 3.8

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:50 pm

Damn that is pretty rough. I really don't think I would take that offer in this situation. I would shop that 1.2 though, and get as much as you possibly can after the NFL draft.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:45 am

I do the trade. I a rebuild situation you just got a 24/25 year old wr1 in Hopkins. You now have a player to build around.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:24 am

I don't feel good about it but just countered with Henry and 1.2 for Nuk, 3.6, and a 1st and 2nd next year.  I'm hoping that Nuk's dip is mostly attributable to Osweiler's awful play.

Thanks for all the advice.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Another Rookie Draft Started   Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:32 pm

I have a league where rookie draft has already started. This is tough. Not much time to plan. I wish they would have waited a little bit for owners to do research. It is 7 round rookie draft with full IDP.

Everyone had draft fever and now I think everyone will regret this.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:36 pm

Way too early! Give it a week at least!

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:16 pm

Exactly. MFL draft site doesn't even have ADPs input yet for the top players.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:20 pm

I'm doing a bestball auction that started last week and there were a few rookies that MFL had listed as free agents still this morning.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:55 pm

My MFL league I commish starts the rookie only draft next Sunday. We used to do it starting today but it just isn't enough time.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:58 pm

I was wondering when Andy would move it to this thread. Haha

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Damn that's nuts, mid may is perfect time.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon May 01, 2017 1:31 am

I keep reading about leagues that have their rookie drafts before the NFL. Don't fancy that at all - landing spot is so important, especially after the first few picks.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon May 01, 2017 7:04 am

England Dragons wrote:
I keep reading about leagues that have their rookie drafts before the NFL. Don't fancy that at all - landing spot is so important, especially after the first few picks.

Yeah, there was a discussion somewhere around here about that too. It definitely changes the strategy around a bit. I don't know that I would go searching to join a league like that.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon May 01, 2017 4:01 pm

I was just informed by the commissioner of one of my leagues, at 130 pm that our draft would be starting at 5 pm. I asked him last week when we were gonna do it, and he said at least a week after the draft. It's been two damn days since the draft finished. I haven't done any research or analysis.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon May 01, 2017 4:49 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
I was just informed by the commissioner of one of my leagues, at 130 pm that our draft would be starting at 5 pm.   I asked him last week when we were gonna do it, and he said at least a week after the draft. It's been two damn days since the draft finished.  I haven't done any research or analysis.

I'm with you, I haven't started either. Still got some printing out to do. metal

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon May 01, 2017 4:57 pm

Same league where I traded Robinson for 3 picks....

Gave 1.9

Got Jordan Mathews.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon May 01, 2017 6:48 pm

Anyone got suggestions for the 1.04? PPR Superflex. Brady and Tyrod as my Qbs. Well rounded in other positions.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon May 01, 2017 8:59 pm

Anyone got suggestions for the 1.04?  PPR  Superflex. Brady and Tyrod as my Qbs.  Well rounded in other positions.

Do you have any idea of who the owners in the league will go with 1-3?

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon May 01, 2017 9:04 pm

No I don't.  I'm assuming Fournette and McCaffery will be gone. I'm guessing my choices will be between Davis, Cook and Mixon. I've got Hunter Henry so I won't be going TE.   And sadly I have no 2nd or 3rd.  Although I'll be trying to trade for something in the 2nd.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 9:55 am

Anyone got suggestions for the 1.04?  PPR  Superflex. Brady and Tyrod as my Qbs.  Well rounded in other positions.

I do.

No fucking way am I going to discuss it out in the open here though.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 10:23 am

Seems these landing spots have adversely affected pick value. I'm having a hell of a time trying to move some picks back in my other leagues. Anyone else seeing this?

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 10:48 am

California Nightmare wrote:

I do.

I can't draft your butthole, if that's what you are thinking. beat dead horse

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 10:51 am

I do.

As long as that is what you are thinking about... mission accomplished.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 11:11 am

I do.

All I think about these days is your rusty balloon knot.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 11:14 am

I do.

All I think about these days is your rusty balloon knot.

Here comes a text... wink

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 11:18 am

Ben and Greg are the new Justin and Bob of Roster Wars! Brings a tear to my eye.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 12:37 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Ben and Greg are the new Justin and Bob of Roster Wars!  Brings a tear to my eye.  

As one light fades, another sparks light.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 1:14 pm

And this is why I get frustrated with this game:

Owner A offers me Player Y for my 1.7.

I reject. I make the following offer: Owner A gives me Player Y, 2.3, and 3.3 for my 1.7 and 2.7.

Owner A rejects. Owner A counters: Owner A gives me Player Y and 3.3 for my 1.7 and 2.7.

I know why he did this but why don't people realize that their new offer is worse than one than an offer I rejected earlier in the day?

FYI - Player Y is Manny Sanders.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 1:17 pm

Well that is why, no one wants Sanders. lol 2

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 2:42 pm

Sounds like you can go BPA.

I would say the top 3 are pretty clear cut now, being Fournette, Davis and McCaffrey. There wont be many variations on those 3 as the top in most rookie drafts.

So you are looking at Cook, Mixon or Williams as the next tier.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 3:06 pm

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:

Sounds like you can go BPA.

I would say the top 3 are pretty clear cut now, being Fournette, Davis and McCaffrey. There wont be many variations on those 3 as the top in most rookie drafts.

So you are looking at Cook, Mixon or Williams as the next tier.

I might try to trade back to 5 or 6 and try to get a 2nd out of it. I have Keenan Allen, but it might be nice to take Williams in case KA13 gets hurt again...

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 5:52 pm

I think BPA or the trade would be a good idea.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 6:01 pm

Currently I'm working on a trade I give Keenan Allen, I get 1.03. I own Allen in too many leagues, and I'm not really contending this year, so maybe I can rebuild with whoever I get at 1.03 and 1.04.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 6:13 pm

Currently I'm working on a trade I give Keenan Allen, I get 1.03.  I own Allen in too many leagues, and I'm not really contending this year, so maybe I can rebuild with whoever I get at 1.03 and 1.04.

I wish the motherfucker in this league would trade me the 1.03. Wink, nudge, nut shot.

Honestly Ben, it's the fucking Chargers, get rid of them... all of them. Don't draft anymore of them.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 6:16 pm

Currently I'm working on a trade I give Keenan Allen, I get 1.03.  I own Allen in too many leagues, and I'm not really contending this year, so maybe I can rebuild with whoever I get at 1.03 and 1.04.

I wish the motherfucker in this league would trade me the 1.03. Wink, nudge, nut shot.

Honestly Ben, it's the fucking Chargers, get rid of them... all of them. Don't draft anymore of them.

I know the team isn't the greatest, but they put up fantasy points!

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue May 02, 2017 8:06 pm

I have a top 3 I like - but you can still try to make me an offer I cant refuse

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed May 03, 2017 7:36 am

I just pulled off two deals in a 10-team league.

Gave up Adams for Gronk -- I don't like either but like Gronk's upside in the small-league format.

Gave up Ertz, 1.7, and 2.7 for Cooks.

My starting lineup is now:

QB - Dalton
RB - Zeke
RB - Bell
WR - Dez
WR - Cooks
WR - Decker/Crowder/Cobb/Meredith
TE - Gronk
Flex - Gurley
Flex - Booker/Hill/Decker/Crowder/Cobb/Meredith

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed May 03, 2017 3:03 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I just pulled off two deals in a 10-team league.  

Gave up Adams for Gronk -- I don't like either but like Gronk's upside in the small-league format.

Gave up Ertz, 1.7, and 2.7 for Cooks.  

My starting lineup is now:

QB - Dalton
RB - Zeke
RB - Bell
WR - Dez
WR - Cooks
WR - Decker/Crowder/Cobb/Meredith
TE - Gronk
Flex - Gurley
Flex - Booker/Hill/Decker/Crowder/Cobb/Meredith

Both solid moves. Particularly like getting Gronk for Adams. Huge win.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed May 03, 2017 3:07 pm

Yeah, I wish people would give me Gronk for guys like Adams.

But then again, you have to deal with the headache of him sitting on your bench a lot of the time. Hopefully for your sake he can actually get through a season.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed May 03, 2017 4:53 pm

I might try to trade back to 5 or 6 and try to get a 2nd out of it. I have Keenan Allen, but it might be nice to take Williams in case WHEN KA13  gets hurt again...

Corrected... wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   

Back to top Go down

The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: