Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:27 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
When my local league switched to dynasty a couple years ago, we went with a contract year cap like we do here. Since, owners have inquired about adding salary cap and having contract years.

My question is this, is there any way we can do this now that we all have established teams? What values would you use? Could it be fair? Or has that boat passed now?

I have seen a few leagues use Spotrac (http://www.spotrac.com/) for figures. There will be some unfair valuations but it should even out across the league.

Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: TRADE VALUE   Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:21 pm

I received an offer.. .
Posluszny for Goff

I feel i should get a draft pick in there as well for Goff.
Thoughts?

I have Rodgers, Seimian and Tannehill

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:27 pm

I wouldn't do it. Very likely Poz's role declines this year as as Jack starts to take over.

Goff's trade value can't be worth much less than it is right now but you can probably do better unless it's a 1 QB league.

cheers

Last edited by England Dragons on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:40 pm

Thanks Jon. Yeah, I have Rodgers, but my backups all blow. Tannehill, Seimian and Goff.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:07 pm

Would not trade Goff for an old LB.  Wait the value of Goff either goes up and you reap, or the price stays the same or drops even and you basically have the same thing.  Poz's best days are done.  Unless you can flip Poz for a 3rd rounder why do this dance?  

coffee

Back to top Go down
San Tropez Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:15 pm

He has the 4th pick of the draft. I'm going after it.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:46 pm

I feel as though I should be an asset to this thread.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:54 pm

California Nightmare wrote:

I think you are a great value to this thread!

cheers

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:50 pm

You add value everywhere you go, Greg.

wink

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:51 pm

San Tropez Eclipse wrote:

Worth a shot. Probably have to give something else with Goff but Goff + a 3rd (or something like that) for the 1.04 is a big win.

Good luck!

Back to top Go down
Faber College Mongols

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:19 am

San Tropez Eclipse wrote:

He's not giving you the 1.04 anymore than you want the old LB.

What's the context of the league details behind the trade? Whenever I'm trying to discuss trades I try to put some context of the league behind the deal to give others perspective. For some of these cross positional trades where it's harder to tell if player x is worth player y just break it down into rookie pick value. If it's a 12 man ppr start 1 qb league chances are Goff went in the 2nd or 3rd of the rookie draft. It may be limited but I'd say his value is on the rise for now with some OLine help and new coach. So if he was a 2nd last year he's certainly a 2nd this year, what kind of a LB can you pull with a 2nd in relation to Poz?
Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:28 am

btw, what's the countdown for Andy coming in here and losing his mind that this isn't in the single thread for all other leagues' stuff.  

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:32 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
btw, what's the countdown for Andy coming in here and losing his mind that this isn't in the single thread for all other leagues' stuff.  

THOUGHT THE SAME THING WHEN I FIRST OPENED IT
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:14 am

That's why I think it's always safer to bump old threads than start new ones.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:15 am

Rocky Mountain Oysters wrote:

EXCEPT NOW THERE IS NO SEACH FUNCTION
Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:16 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

Crying or Very sad

Yes there is. On the main forum page on the left is a google search this forum search bar. Works well!

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:26 am

Works well!

agree

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:36 am

Crying or Very sad

Yes there is.  On the main forum page on the left is a google search this forum search bar.  Works well!
COOL - TY - I KNOW THERE WASNT ANYTHING THERE A COUPLE WEEKS AGO WHEN I ASKED ABOUT - HAVE TO SEE IF IT WORKS BETTER THEN THE OLD ONE

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:25 am

Andy is going to bring the pain train down on this one.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:29 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Andy is going to bring the pain train down on this one.

I've just been waiting patiently for Andy to drop the hammer. Especially since the other one is "THE ONE AND ONLY" other league trades thread. scared surrender scared rage rage rage

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:59 pm

Yeah, I keep checking back to see the carnage. COME ON ANDY! ROFL

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:13 pm

Y'all got it all wrong. Andy ain't about to do shit. This is clearly a thread about a fictional object referred to as value. Noone knows what the fuck it is or why it even exists but somehow it is an issue with many fantasy football owners that seem to think they need "it" when negotiating a trade.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:45 pm

smile and wave

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:55 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
smile and wave
duckhunt hahaha

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:47 pm

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:43 am

Neutral

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:53 pm

A guys is interested in my 2.01 and 2.03. He has a 1.10 available. 

I would take the 1.10, what are your thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:

12 teamer? 1.10 went for 2.03 and 2.05 here in RW I think and consensus was the two second rounders was the better side. League specifics matter though.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:15 pm

If a 12 teamer, the 2 x 2nds by a large margin.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:42 pm

England Dragons wrote:

If a 12 teamer, the 2 x 2nds by a large margin.

cheers

X2 for sure.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:00 pm

Piling on here but I like the 2 2nds more. I couldn't see paying that for the 1.10 unless the 1.10 was on the clock and there was only 1 guy that I liked -- and liked a lot more than everyone else.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Wow good value in the 2nd there for a lot of the picks.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:32 pm

Very interesting! I'd definitely prefer the two 2nds in most of those cases.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:40 pm

I don't want to get into value right now. I just got out of your mom mock  ba dom tiss

The only thing I gathered by looking back on the history of the late first versus two seconds is that you can hit or miss at any one of the spots. I purposely left off the team that drafted each player because it was obvious that there are some that are just way fucking better at drafting than other's. As much as it pains me to say this, Russ hit the motherfucker on the dink. I have developed a bit of a mancrush for a player that might be there at the 10 spot but I know will be gone by the 2.03. So for me it is worth it and at the end of the day I am good with my decision. Trust the process.

Mark, do whatever the fuck it is you want. Just don't fuck up the pick at 1.10 and you will look like a GOAT. At the end of the day you need to be good with your decision. Don't let the value suck you off into it's mysterious realm of non existence.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:48 am

I don't want to get into value right now. I just got out of your mom mock  ba dom tiss

The only thing I gathered by looking back on the history of the late first versus two seconds is that you can hit or miss at any one of the spots. I purposely left off the team that drafted each player because it was obvious that there are some that are just way fucking better at drafting than other's. As much as it pains me to say this, Russ hit the motherfucker on the dink. I have developed a bit of a mancrush for a player that might be there at the 10 spot but I know will be gone by the 2.03. So for me it is worth it and at the end of the day I am good with my decision. Trust the process.

Mark, do whatever the fuck it is you want. Just don't fuck up the pick at 1.10 and you will look like a GOAT. At the end of the day you need to be good with your decision. Don't let the value suck you off into it's mysterious realm of non existence.

vote no

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:27 am

Gonna be tough to hold onto all my studs with expiring deals, hence this in GLDL

Atlanta Underdogs gave up Anderson, C.J. DEN RB;Bowman, Navorro SFO LB
Big Horn Rattlers gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 3.06; $15 in blind bidding

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:46 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Gonna be tough to hold onto all my studs with expiring deals, hence this in GLDL

Ouch, but without seeing the whole picture I can't really tell if it was a really horrible deal.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

I probably would have given you more

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

Its not too late...I have some expiring contracts I would like to move.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

Its not too late...I have some expiring contracts I would like to move.

cheers
didn't notice they were both 0 year guys before

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:34 am

In my local dynasty, we have multiple ways to extend guys with a few contract extensions per year. This year I have like no one to extend, but in two years I am screwed having the vast majority of my team up on contract.

So I am being proactive, and splitting up contracts while I can so I don't lose everyone. Who would you add a year to, Matt Ryan, or Cam Newton?

Cam is obviously younger being 27, Matt Ryan at 31. So adding an extension really wouldn't matter for age, as it would only extend Matty through his age 34 season, just asking preference.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:40 am

I don't see any reason that Matty Ice won't be productive through the age of 34, so as you said the age thing doesn't really matter in this format. That being said, give me Cam. I may be in the minority, but assuming it is 4 pt Passing TDs, I think Cam's legs make the difference here. I definitely understand he was not great this year, but he was the MVP a year ago and my guess is his actual performance is somewhere in the middle of that.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:41 am

I'd do Matt Ryan. Cam just had shoulder surgery coming off a year when he wasn't very good.

Yeah Matty Ice had a career year and I don't think he will do it again, but I still think he'll be better than Cam.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:45 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
In my local dynasty, we have multiple ways to extend guys with a few contract extensions per year. This year I have like no one to extend, but in two years I am screwed having the vast majority of my team up on contract.

So I am being proactive, and splitting up contracts while I can so I don't lose everyone. Who would you add a year to, Matt Ryan, or Cam Newton?

Cam is obviously younger being 27, Matt Ryan at 31. So adding an extension really wouldn't matter for age, as it would only extend Matty through his age 34 season, just asking preference.

Thoughts?

Given their styles, it's very possible that Ryan is playing after Cam retires. I'd go with the sure thing (Ryan) and give myself some more time to see what happens with Cam.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:45 am

It is 6 points for TD's.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:47 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
It is 6 points for TD's.

If this is the case, Cam's running value is diminished and I would probably lean more towards Matt Ryan. I am a little nervous that Shanahan left and that two headed running attack may take away from some passing TD options, but as has been previously mentioned, his health is probably less of a factor than that if Cam given their styles.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:02 am

I just don't trust Cam to hold up with the way he plays. And it seems like opposing defenses hit him harder than they would other QBs because he's a cocky asshole.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:17 am

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
I just don't trust Cam to hold up with the way he plays. And it seems like opposing defenses hit him harder than they would other QBs because he's a cocky asshole.

laughing

Yeah, I think I am going to throw it on Ryan. Doesn't make a difference I guess, because I will protect Cam next year or the following year anyway. Man I love the offseason.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:23 am

I just moved the 1.10 for Jordan Matthews in one league. I'm on the fence about the move but WR is the one position that I'm really weak at with that team and wanted to get someone that could hopefully help me this year. It looks like he may be playing out of the slot full time which should hopefully help his numbers -- although there is a lot more competition for balls now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread   

Back to top Go down

The (one and only) OFFICIAL "other" FOOTBALL leagues, teams & trades thread
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: