HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:50 am

Hey Guys,

So, I have given this a lot of thought and I have decided that it is time for me to step aside and depart from RW at the conclusion of the 2016 season... I have discussed this in emails with Andy and I will stay on through the playoffs and finish out my 2016 campaign, before completely bowing out.

What it all boils down to is the commitment level required for this league is just above and beyond what I am able to give at the moment, and I honestly don’t see any end in sight. I have been struggling to keep my head above water here for the last few months, but that isn’t what fantasy football should be about. At any rate you guys (and Andy) deserve better than that, so it is with a bit of a heavy heart that I must tender my resignation…

In the last year, I have been working toward full licensure in my profession, have been taking on a lot more responsibility at work and have been looking into and considering moving into a role as a partial owner of my firm at some point in the next year or two. There has been a huge uptick in the amount of effort and time that I am pouring into my career as a result, and while things are exciting for my future, work is taking up larger chunks of my time than ever, and so when I do have time off I am that much more committed to spending that time with my family first and foremost, and a lot of things that I used to never have trouble making time for have been falling by the way side, which has obviously impacted my level of participation here. The more I have thought about things during the last week, I don’t see this trend reversing itself, if anything my free time may become even more scarce… and since I need to spend my more limited amount of free time dedicated to fantasy football on keeping up with the three dynasty leagues that I run, I have to make some tough choices and ultimately something has to give, which is why I must bow out of RW…

I had a great time here over the last 4 seasons, this is a great league with a strong group of owners and some strong competition, I will definitely miss that the most. I truly enjoyed my time here as an owner, but it is time to move on for me. I would feel bad if I felt like I was leaving the league in a lurch, but I know that there are qualified and hungry owners waiting in the wings ready to take over… Hopefully whoever takes the team over can keep steering things in the right direction, since I firmly believe the Outlaws were only 1 or 2 impact players away from making some serious noise this season…

Thanks...
Chris (Outlaws)

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:15 am

Crazy. Chris, it has been an honor the last year and a half. I always enjoyed getting in debates, discussing players and teams, and getting to know you. I hope you continue to pop in when you get time.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:48 am

Sorry to hear that Chris. You're a good owner and an all around good dude. Hate losing good people, but understand. All the best man.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:48 am

Best of luck to you Chris! I totally know how you feel.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:57 am

Best wishes for the future!

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:06 am

Well damn, I show up and people start dropping like flies. I am going to develop a complex. Obviously I haven't interacted with you that much, but I wish you all the best.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:12 am

Good luck Chris

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:56 am

Good luck in your future endeavors Chris, all the best bud.

Regards! cheers

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:12 am

Been good fighting it out in Chapter 2 man.
Sorry to see you go

What a depressing way to start the morning with you and Justin leaving Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:29 am

Damn sorry to hear. Congrats on all the work success at least

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:31 am

I hope you drop by occasionally man. Glad that life and work are headed in the direction you'd like. Thanks for everything.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:04 am

Thanks for all the well wishing and for understanding everyone! For the record, I have not lost a passion for dynasty or fantasy football, just can't keep up the extracurricular demands of this league... for anyone in one of the 3 leagues that I commission, I am not shutting down, if anything things should get better as I will be able to focus more on running those leagues now that I have less to worry about elsewhere.

I will try to pop in from time to time if I can, if for no other reason than to start a fight with Andy about the next great shitty 4th string WR! laughing

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:12 am

Chris, sorry to see you go. Glad work is going well. Good luck with all your other endeavors.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:45 am

Sorry to see you leave but I understand where you're coming from.  It gets tough balancing career, family, and hobbies.  It's been a pleasure getting to know you and arguing with you over whether we should cut professional athletes a break for doing stupid stuff not related to the game.  Hopefully we'll still see you around here.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:15 pm

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:45 pm

Really sorry to see you moving on Chris, but I totally understand.

You will be missed but looking forward to continue playing in your GLDL league.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Chris gonna miss you bud. You will always be a Roster Wars brother hope you stop by every once in a while.
Hope your plans in RL work out and you get everything you want from it.

Take care buddy.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:37 pm

Good Luck Chris in your future.  Like Andy said hopefully you will stop back from time to time.  Also, it is great to hear your opportunity in your career. You can always come back, we will be here.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:23 pm

Glad to get my Ass kicked by you since I joined the league. But now Im glad that wont be happening anymore laughing

But, seriously though, enjoy your life outside of fantasy football. Miss you bud

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:25 pm

Good luck taking on partial ownership of your firm Chris... You will be missed around here!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:21 pm

I'll miss your commentary; especially your debates with Andy... Evil laugh

Best of luck Cowboy.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:13 am

Take Care Chris.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:47 am

Chris,

Loved the banter about players and the stupid shit they do. You had some good thoughts on players and I respected that. Good luck in the career and pop in from time to time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs   

Back to top Go down

Devils Tower Outlaws bowing out at the conclusion of the playoffs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: