HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Rules Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Rules Question   Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:09 am

I looked at the rules but still have a question.

L.7.(3) provides as follows:
Quote :
Any NFLFA player acquired outside of the RFA auction or rookie draft will automatically get a 1 yr contract and if said player signs with an NFL team, then was released and therefore recaptures NFLFA status, that player may be waived without penalty.

Applying this to my team, I signed RB Karlos Williams as a FA outside of the RFA auction and rookie draft, i.e. I picked him up as an in-season free agent.  He has a 1-year deal.  Assuming that no one bids on him and I resign him to my squad, does this mean that:
(1) if he is a free agent at the time that I sign him (next year), I will not be able to avail myself of the ability to drop him free of charge even if he is later put on a team in the MFL system and then becomes a FA in the MFL system; and
(2) if he is on an NFL team (in the MFL system) when I resign him, I can drop him free of charge if MFL later classifies him as a free agent?

I think that the answer is yes to both but am not certain.

Edited to clarify question 1.

Last edited by Bergen Brawlers on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question   Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:14 am

I would assume the way you picked him up prior to RFA has no bearing on how he is handled as an RFA signing. I.e. whatever his NFL status is at the time you sign him during RFA will determine his droppable status

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question   Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:24 am

Thanks.  That's what I thought -- his status at the time of being resigned was the key factor because his contract has expired.  Rereading my post, I think that the first question is unclear though. 

The point that I was trying to get is whether he comes off of Andy's list of guys signed as free agents once this season ends and he becomes like every other player or whether he remains on the list.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question   Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:26 am

Ian nailed it.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question   Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:26 am

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules Question   

Back to top Go down