:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Leonard Fournette RB JAC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:32 am

I know he is not in the NFL yet, and playoffs are going on, but now that he is unofficially officially declared, I figured I would start a thread to get people's takes on him when they feel like sharing.  I swear this has nothing to do with me owning the 1.01 in another league. laughing
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:43 am

Man, I honestly think a lot of it is where he lands. I love his size, and was a little disappointed with him this year. He has struggled in the past with tough matchups. He will be a top 3 pick in all drafts, can't wait to see where the manchild goes.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:53 am

I think after Zeke and Gurley the last two years, landing spot which be looked at very intently with the top RBs this year. There is no doubt Fournette has the physical talents to be an impressive NFL RB.

In his defense, everyone struggles against Alabama, but if you look at his YPC in every other game he played the last two years, his YPC has been under 4.8 exactly twice. 3.3 against Florida in his last game (I think he got/was injured as he only had 12 carries) and 4.3 against Ole Miss last year, where he still had 180 total yards on 29 touches which equals 6.2 yards per touch. Not sure I would consider that struggling.

I think the bigger concern might be whether he has the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, which is something that is becoming increasingly important in today's NFL.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:26 pm

2 words...

Dalvin Cook

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:05 pm

Have the 1.01 and 1.02 in a rebuild in working on. I'm not usually one to build through the draft, so it should be interesting. Last time I had 2 top 5 picks I walked away with Tavon Austin and Montee Ball. Maybe I should trade these picks actually...

thread jacked

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:51 am

I think he has been playing injured this year which says a lot about his character. There were a lot of 'experts' who said he should just sit the year out given what he had already put on film and I disagreed at the time but in retrospect, they were probably right. If he had just sat out this year he would probably be a top 5/10 lock, where now some people see him slipping a bit.

Personally it hasn't put me off him, I think it has shown good character and we already know what he can do when healthy so I still see him as a top 10 guy - but I think Christian McCaffrey is the best back in this class and most experts dont even have him in the first round any more so what do I know!

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:58 am

TT: please let him drop to 1.6. I will happily draft him there.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:58 pm

Fournette and McCaffrey will sit out their respective bowl games.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:08 pm

If Fournette falls to me at 1.02 I am taking him. He has incredible speed, power, and explosiveness. He also catches the ball well. He was hampered by high ankle sprain all year and he played hurt.

Russ already has Zeke, so I think he will go WR with 1.01.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:20 am

Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:

I know some people have a problem with this but I don't. Guys have put enough on film and put their bodies on the line enough throughout their career that I respect the choice to pass on bowl games to get ready for draft time.

It would be different for lesser known players, they need as much exposure as possible - but these guys have put it all on tape.

I think the combine is going to be very interesting this year especially RBs and DBs.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:49 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Maple Grove Mean Machine wrote:

I know some people have a problem with this but I don't. Guys have put enough on film and put their bodies on the line enough throughout their career that I respect the choice to pass on bowl games to get ready for draft time.

It would be different for lesser known players, they need as much exposure as possible - but these guys have put it all on tape.

I think the combine is going to be very interesting this year especially RBs and DBs.

Has this happened in the past with top prospects?  Until this year, I've never really noticed it before.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:00 pm

Yeah it has happened but not for a couple of years. I was listening to a podcast a few days ago they were listing guys who have done it in the past.

I think it is more prevalent now after what happened to Jaylon Smith last year. That knee injury in the bowl game cost him already $20 million dollars - maybe more depending on how his career progresses.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:14 pm

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Yeah it has happened but not for a couple of years. I was listening to a podcast a few days ago they were listing guys who have done it in the past.

I think it is more prevalent now after what happened to Jaylon Smith last year. That knee injury in the bowl game cost him already $20 million dollars - maybe more depending on how his career progresses.

Ahh, it's never really caught my attention before.  I can't really blame any of the guys that sit out.  When you're talking millions like that, you have to do what's best for your future.  1 play can literally change your whole life.

Back to top Go down
North Carolina Cobras

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:21 pm

I am interested to see how Fournette performs at the NFL level. Though he did put up impressive numbers in 2016, his career numbers against Alabama were less than spectacular.

Of course, many can argue that Alabama's defense is better than 2/3 of the NFL defenses. And many others can argue that LSU has no offensive line.

Fournette's three regular season games stats vs Bama are as follows:
2015: 21 rushes, 79 yards
2016: 19 rushes, 31 yards
2017: 17 rushes, 35 yards.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Trent Richardson 2.0.

He'll have a good rookie season because of volume then everyone will realise he's not that good. Joe Mixon will rise to the top as the far superior player.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:35 pm

He'll get at least 2 years of high volume and maybe more when Jacksonville has to draft another QB.

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:28 am

Starting with the "O" line, ranked 22nd last season....in the off season they did make an effort to upgrade, via a trade and the draft.
Over the pass 5 seasons the Jags have been in the top 10 in pass attempts league wide. Rushing attempts have been during the same time period in the bottom .
During those 5 seasons the highest rushing total was 802 by MJD...other seasons were below 500, with one at 703.
Supposedly in drafting Fournette the rushing game will make some progress....when you look at the team history its doubtful

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:30 am

I ended up winning him in this league and I have mixed feelings about him. Not as high as many of the "experts" are on him but I don't hate him. His talent is there (remember seeing him in a high school game and was shocked and when healthy in college he was a beast). With his style and history I don't expect him to make it through a 16 game NFl season injury free, gut feel and hoping to get 12-13 fantasy games out of him but that's pretty much how I feel about most RB's. I drafted him mostly for situation with low RB1/ high RB2 hope. Jags are building a nice young defense, upgrading the offensive line, and have a QB that's a mess that can't be trusted so he should get the opportunities. If it's close in 4th quarter they should pound this kid rather then let Blake throw a pick.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:27 am

Stiff arm was sick but then what he did after that...LOL.  

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20957814

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:33 am

The NFL just seems to have flipped. The young RB's are completely taking over. Len is doing way better than I expected.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:39 am

I hope he keeps doing good, so he can maybe pass Hunt in points. I only say that because he was my rookie of the year pick vote yes

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:31 pm

He's been able to punch it in near the goalline too, which makes him incredibly consistent in fantasy.

Back to top Go down
Manhattan Beach Patriots

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:04 pm

During the draft I kept telling myself not to bid any higher each time I was outbid, but I couldn't stop myself. Looks like money well spent at this point.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:56 pm

Even Rob couldn't screw that pick up laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leonard Fournette RB JAC   

Back to top Go down

Leonard Fournette RB JAC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum