HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:11 am

Happy New Years!  Here is the report from last month.  As I said, I'm just editing this same ongoing post.  I updated these numbers about 1x/week this past month as I tried to get this organized a bit better, so if anyone was curious, you can open this post to see where you sat as the month went on.  I was never able to figure out how to have the screenshots that I post show up as an embedded iframe (like the excel sheet does)..

Oh well, here's the first report with all the greenies included too. and as always, you can see more details on the Google Spreadsheet

The generic report sorted by posts last month:

League Wide Posts over Time (Screenshot):

Team 3 and 6 month average (Screenshot):

Last 6 months graph:  (Screenshot)

Last edited by Whiskey Creek Gadabouts on Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:47 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:18 am

Nice layout. pretty colors

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:33 am

Woa, 3 under?

Thanks Brad!

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:49 am

The format looks great but it looks like the data is only being pulled for half the teams in the graphs.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:57 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
The format looks great but it looks like the data is only being pulled for half the teams in the graphs.

Damn.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:01 am

Russ is right. First spreadsheet is fine, but the last two graphs are limited to certain teams.

layout looks great though!

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:02 am

effing Russ!!!

I'm not sure why embedded charts are different than embedding normal spreadsheets, but it seems to shrink the charts like a frightened turtle.  Guess, I'll have to look into it more, but for now, the screenshots are back in the final 3 charts.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:04 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
effing Russ!!!

I'm not sure why embedded charts are different than embedding normal spreadsheets, but it seems to shrink the charts like a frightened turtle.  Guess, I'll have to look into it more, but for now, the screenshots are back in the final 3 charts.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:11 am

Clearly I am not very smart, can someone explain what is going on with the last two graphs.  I see 24 teams (not waitlisters) and their data listed on the 6 month graph and all 28 teams and their data listed on the 3 and 6 month average graph.  Is the data incorrect?

Edit: Nevermind, I see that the charts were changed in between posts. Just ignore me and remember I usually have no idea what I am talking about.
Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:11 am

New format is nice. Probably saves you some work too.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:54 am

sweet

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:57 am

vote yes

THANKS B!

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:43 am

Thanks B-rad!!!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:48 am

Looks good. Thanks Brad! Guess we get to see the activity tracker in action now?

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:48 am

I like this format a lot! Nice job Brad

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:03 pm

Very concinnous.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:12 pm

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:
Very concinnous.

That's not a picture scratch

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:38 pm

Brad is like a clock! Always on time.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:39 pm

Well hell, didn't realize I was that low... never finished below 30 before, I guess there is a first time for everything...

My schedule has been hectic and I am struggling to find time for much of anything these days, with no end in sight it is going to be a struggle, but hopefully I won't come in under 30 again...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:21 pm

Nice Brad - love the new layout!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:25 pm

felt like a slow month for me so glad that =50+

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:29 pm

Brads the "Clocker" even the people at Greenwich Mean Time call him for confirmations.

wink

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Thanks Brad. Nice new format.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:52 pm

Much clearer and looks great.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:41 am

Updated the original post with numbers from Dec 2016.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:53 am

You are the man Brad. Lots of low numbers. Hopefully if some of the lower numbered posters want to be in the main league they will step it up.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:17 am

Thanks Brad. I do like this new format alot.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:22 am

Nice one Brad. I missed this last month but think it will be really useful. I actually felt I was quite active this last month, so only just making the cut-off is not great. Definitely going to try and get more involved.

I tried to access the Activity Report earlier, but had to put a request to access in. I assume that will go to Andy to authorise?

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:25 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Nice one Brad. I missed this last month but think it will be really useful. I actually felt I was quite active this last month, so only just making the cut-off is not great. Definitely going to try and get more involved.

I tried to access the Activity Report earlier, but had to put a request to access in. I assume that will go to Andy to authorise?

it goes to Nick.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:27 am

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:

Gotcha.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:28 am

Thanks Brad for your time in putting this together.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:38 am

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:44 am

Thanks as always Brad. You are the OMEGA-Man of the RW.

cheers

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:09 am

Thanks Brad - great work.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:08 am

Thanks Brad

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:12 am

Thanks Brad. Not the way to start 2017.... shrug

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:32 am

Glad 2017 is here.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:15 pm

Even on a holiday, putting in the O.T. to get this in. Fantastic! vote yes

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Thanks Brad. Is this going to be a running thread now?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:37 pm

New each month is better imo.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Threads never die around here.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:08 pm

I can make them separate threads, but not sure what the benefit is since that first graphic is updated with the source google doc spreadsheet.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:17 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
I can make them separate threads, but not sure what the benefit is since that first graphic is updated with the source google doc spreadsheet.

I'll live either way. For me, a new thread has a higher likelihood of people viewing and new conversation because one does not nned to scroll back to the OP to actually see data (especially over time if the OP ends up back on page 1 of a thread that goes pages and pages.

Whatever works best. If we're gonna just have a rolling thread, then at the end of January start a new "Official Monthly Posting Report" thread so the title is spot on and 2017 is a fresh start.

Thanks

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:33 pm

Thanks for the info Brad.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:54 am

Formatting looks even better, thanks Brad.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:18 am

I'm cool with one running thread or doing a new one each month.  But I would prefer a new one.  One of the great things here is being able to go back and see how things shaped up in the league at various times.  Keeping one per month would allow us to keep things in date order (until Ed starts bumping posts).  My other concern is that the data gets lost if we keep overwriting it.  Yes, we do have the historical charts, etc. that we can look to but it's always helpful to have the full stats for each month.  But I'm cool with combining them also.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:59 pm

Since the chart now tracks monthly posts, could we make a post with just that chart that we can sticky at the top of the forum, or add a link to it from a dropdown menu? Seems like an easy/harmless way for people to keep track of their posting throughout the month, which we've always looked for a good way to do.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:41 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Since the chart now tracks monthly posts, could we make a post with just that chart that we can sticky at the top of the forum, or add a link to it from a dropdown menu? Seems like an easy/harmless way for people to keep track of their posting throughout the month, which we've always looked for a good way to do.

We could probably make it a permanent thread in the LEAGUE TRACKER section. I doubt I could get it into the menu up top, with Shawn gone that thing is gonna be tough for me but we'll see.

The one downside of this report being so accessible is it may entice some of our bottom feeders to check it near the end of the month and post a flurry to meet standard....which of course will be very noticeable to me and others...which will likely result in some conversations that range from unpleasant to more unpleasant.

I'll think on it.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:42 am

Is it ok if I post 200 posts and then bombard the board on the 31st?

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:06 am

Sure, Carla.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016   

Back to top Go down

Monthly Posting Report... Last one of 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: