Pretty sure it is points.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:40 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Fantasy football definitely requires some lucky breaks...    I was looking back through my schedule last night,   and I was reminded of the game versus the Muskies  in week 3 where I had an apparent victory turned into a loss after stat corrections.     Talk about a  razor fine line...   I was one stat corrected loss away from not only the playoffs,  but from the division title and a first round bye...     shrug

Man that is one tough pill to swallow. But wouldn't Derrick have gotten the Division and bye anyway?

Hmmm,   not 100% certain,  but I would have had a 9-3 record,  same as you and Derrick,   but I finished 5-1 in the division including beating Derrick both times I played him...  wouldn't that have been the division tiebreaker?   If not,  what is the point of even having divisions or playing those guys twice a year?

Oh I just assumed it would be points.

It might be, I am not 100% certain... but if it is points, then like I said, what is the point of having divisions at all or playing those guys 2 times a year? Divisions would make no sense in that scenario. So, if it is points, we might as well not have any divisions at all, just rank every team in each confernece by their points scored and call it good... And more importantly, if H2H results don't mean anything then why are we even playing H2H games at all?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:42 pm

Well points are just a tie-breaker, not what you are judged on for your season.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:45 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Pretty sure it is points.

If that is true, what the hell is the point of having divisions or even playing H2H games at all in this league? Just put in a lineup every week and then rank em by points at the end of the year... get some

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:51 pm

It's not pointless... Your record is what matters first... then the first tie-breaker is points. If you score 200 points less than someone but happened to beat them once or hell, even twice, it doesn't mean you are better than them and deserve a higher seed because of those weeks.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Well points are just a tie-breaker, not what you are judged on for your season.

Still makes ZERO sense in a scenario where you you actually have divisions and play those division opponents twice a year.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:01 pm

Why? Beat them, and win other games and if you win more than them, you get in over them. If you don't, points is simply a tiebreaker.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:04 pm

It's not pointless... Your record is what matters first... then the first tie-breaker is points.  If you score 200 points less than someone but happened to beat them once or hell, even twice, it doesn't mean you are better than them and deserve a higher seed because of those weeks.

But it does mean that having divisions and playing those teams twice a year is in fact, pointless... If it doesn't matter how you finish in the division or what the H2H results were, then it really doesn't mean anything.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:07 pm

It's not pointless... Your record is what matters first... then the first tie-breaker is points.  If you score 200 points less than someone but happened to beat them once or hell, even twice, it doesn't mean you are better than them and deserve a higher seed because of those weeks.

But it does mean that having divisions and playing those teams twice a year is in fact,  pointless...   If it doesn't matter how you finish in the division or what the H2H results were,  then it really doesn't mean anything.

If you knock them down two games and win more than them in your others, points don't matter.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:13 pm

Fantasy football definitely requires some lucky breaks...    I was looking back through my schedule last night,   and I was reminded of the game versus the Muskies  in week 3 where I had an apparent victory turned into a loss after stat corrections.     Talk about a  razor fine line...   I was one stat corrected loss away from not only the playoffs,  but from the division title and a first round bye...     shrug

I'm pissed too...we both would have been in the playoffs...you suck Chris!! wink

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:16 pm

Divisions are all about creating rivalry aren't they?

I know I already hate Nick way more than I would if we were just a table of 12 teams. Bastard.

wink

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:24 pm

Believe points scored is the first tiebreaker after the obvious wins vs losses. Beating someone twice within your division means dick. It really boils down to getting wins and scoring points.

Looked it up, here ya go.

I.1 Standings Tiebreakers
Season Standings will be based on the following system.

a) Total Wins
b) Total Points Scored
c) Power Rank
d) A Roll of the dice, highest roll wins.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:25 pm

England Dragons wrote:

I know I already hate Nick way more than I would if we were just a table of 12 teams. Bastard.

wink  

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:26 pm

England Dragons wrote:

wink  

People outside your division feel that way too tho ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:27 pm

J/K Nick - RW is better with you around

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:33 pm

laughing  Jon and Ian. That made me laugh, and it hurt all at the same time.  Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:40 pm

Personally, I would rather have no divisions and go simply off points scored per week. I love the all-play record and think that is more important than having divisions. Pretty much takes the luck out of it at that point.

Now, I know you beat me twice Chris, but for the year Brad and I have outscored you by 200 points. So I think the points tiebreaker is the best scenario, and I love it.

I know if I would've won the division, and was outscored by other teams in that division, I would be embarrassed.

Just my 2cents

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:07 pm

No Chapters would be far less interesting.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:18 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Believe points scored is the first tiebreaker after the obvious wins vs losses.  Beating someone twice within your division means dick.  It really boils down to getting wins and scoring points.

a)  Total Wins
b)  Total Points Scored
c)  Power Rank
d)  A Roll of the dice, highest roll wins.

Thats fine, then why have divisions at all? Rivalries? when division performance doesn't mean much, how is that supposed to instigate any more rivalry than any other team?

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:19 pm

Going all-play with no chapters would be a lil lame IMO.

Need chapters and rivals.
Need some luck factor on getting wins and losses.
The All-play for the 6th seed helps prevent a good team from getting screwed by a bad schedule.

The idea is to get the top 6 into the playoffs and then may the best man win.

Removing luck and going all play is really just going total points scored each and every week. Boring ... Zzzzz.

Bottom line is this, to feel true joy and success, you need to also feel failure and loss. You can't have one without the other. Having a Wins / Loss system provides that. The All-play is an insurance policy a team that has a rough schedule and seems to face a top 2 or 3 scoring team weekly.

2cents

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:27 pm

Thats fine,   then why have divisions at all?   Rivalries?   when division performance doesn't mean much,  how is that supposed to instigate any more rivalry than any other team?  

No divisions would be horrible.

Division performance does mean a lot, you get to knock your division mates down, and control as much as you can.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:41 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Personally, I would rather have no divisions and go simply off points scored per week.  I love the all-play record and think that is more important than having divisions.  Pretty much takes the luck out of it at that point.

Now, I know you beat me twice Chris, but for the year Brad and I have outscored you by 200 points.  So I think the points tiebreaker is the best scenario, and I love it.  

I know if I would've won the division, and was outscored by other teams in that division, I would be embarrassed.  

Just my 2cents

That's a bit silly, all it takes to build up a fairly decent gap in points scored, is one team having a couple of really big weeks and another team having a couple of off weeks... Does that necessarily mean that the team with more points is definitely better? Maybe, maybe not, I don't think it necessarily follows. There is a very plausible scenario where I could have finished 10-2 and won the division and still scored 200 points less than you, so even this league isn't all about points scored, but does that one extra win really mean any more than division record and actual H2H results? I don't think it should... that is what I am saying...

Even me, as a big proponent of a VP system, would never have any interest in a non H2H sytem where only points scored mattered. The weekly H2H element is half the fun for me... Now whether we have divisions or not, I could go either way, especially in a league like this where it really doesn't actually mean a whole hell of a lot...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:44 pm

Going all-play with no chapters would be a lil lame IMO.

Need chapters and rivals.
Need some luck factor on getting wins and losses.
The All-play for the 6th seed helps prevent a good team from getting screwed by a bad schedule.

The idea is to get the top 6 into the playoffs and then may the best man win.

Removing luck and going all play is really just going total points scored each and every week.  Boring ... Zzzzz.

Bottom line is this, to feel true joy and success, you need to also feel failure and loss.  You can't have one without the other.  Having a Wins / Loss system provides that.  The All-play is an insurance policy a team that has a rough schedule and seems to face a top 2 or 3 scoring team weekly.

2cents

I don't disagree, I was never arguing for an all-play league, I would never play in one...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:10 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Thats fine,   then why have divisions at all?   Rivalries?   when division performance doesn't mean much,  how is that supposed to instigate any more rivalry than any other team?  

No divisions would be horrible.

Division performance does mean a lot, you get to knock your division mates down, and control as much as you can.

I don't agree that no divisions would be horrible...  As a matter of fact,  my favorite league right now is a 14 teamer that I run.   The main reason it is my favorite is because it is a devy league,   but I love the mechanics of how the league functions as well.   All 14 teams are in one conference without divisions,   with a 13 gm regular season you play every team exactly once each season.   It is a VP system,   but a light one where you don't get a lot of VPs awarded so the race tends to stay close and interesting.  I do believe a properly run VP system that strikes a balance between wins and points is the best method for awarding fantasy teams performance...   The first tiebreaker after VPs is overall wins and the second is H2H,  which works perfect because you play every team once so that tiebreaker is always simple and clear and it makes the H2H results just  that much more important.   We have a race going into the final week there where the top 4 seeds are all within a few VPs of each other and all with 9 or 10 wins,   so after this final weekend it is possible we could have a 3 or even 4 way tie in VP's and overall wins,  so it would come down to H2H to break those ties.    There is a group of 4-5 of us at the top of that league that have been squaring off and watching each other's results every week,  and I would argue that I have a much greater sense of rivalry from that league than I do with my division mates here in RW,  especially now after confirming how little the division games actually matter here...

Disclaimer:   I am not arguing for a VP system here in RW,   because I know Andy will hear none of it,  and this is fine...   I was only mentioning it as part of the other league I am describing...

Last edited by Devils Tower Outlaws on Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:23 pm

Believe points scored is the first tiebreaker after the obvious wins vs losses.  Beating someone twice within your division means dick.  It really boils down to getting wins and scoring points.

a)  Total Wins
b)  Total Points Scored
c)  Power Rank
d)  A Roll of the dice, highest roll wins.

Was simply stating that division games "mean dick". Not sure why the tiebreaker goes from wins to points scored and does not touch on H2H games. Seems kinda weird to skip H2H entirely and not even bring it into play. However, I'm not the face that runs the place. So I roll with the rules as they are written.

As for Rivalry that comes from simply seeing the same arsehole twice a year who is standing between you and a victory. Guess if the see the same arse enough and he wins a few over the years, a grudge may begin and a rivalry may be forged.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:23 pm

Disclaimer:   I am not arguing for a VP system here in RW,   because I know Andy will hear none of it,  and this fine...   I was only mentioning it as part of the other league I am describing...  

Andy be like

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:49 pm

I have a hard time listening to someone explain how another leagues setup is better when they aren't able to deliver on the requirements of this league. I guess the good news is you probably will end up matching your past months post total of 16 in this thread on this day arguing the rules that have been in place and worked just fine for 5 years that you didn't know when you started because you in fact have other leagues that are more important to you despite saying your failure to deliver here was due to the fact that your life is soooo fuckin crazy even though your talking to multiple people who also have just a few things going on in their lives. Was that a run-on sentence?

I get it. Everyone has their ideals and when you run your own league (like I do here) you get to steer or completely control things to your liking which is the point, right? I do get it.

That said. Fuck VP and fuck leagues with no divisions and fuck all-play leagues and fuck points-only leagues. lol 2 The best part about being commissioner of a league is not having to endure shit you don't agree with.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:07 pm

I wasn't arguing that another system is better necessarily, but rather pointing out that divisions and division rivalries seem to be essentially pointless here. No, I can't quote every rule here verbatim, hell I can't even do that in my own leagues, and this is the first time a scenario came up that made me realize that a team is not rewarded for divisional performance in this league... so fucking sue me...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:21 pm

I wasn't arguing that another system is better necessarily,   but rather pointing out that divisions and division rivalries seem to be essentially pointless here.   No,  I can't quote every rule here verbatim,  hell I can't even do that in my own leagues,   and this is the first time a scenario came up that made me realize that a team is not rewarded for divisional performance in this league...   so fucking sue me...  

I disagree with you but don't feel the need to waste the time spelling out why your wrong about what divisions mean or don't mean here. Personally I just find it humorous how opinionated some people are all things considered. laughing If I dropped the ball in another league (or wherever) I probably wouldn't choose the same day to start spouting off about shit I disagreed with but hey, different strokes for different folks, right?

All good man. I don't blame anyone for not having memorized the rules here. Again, just super funny when people fuck it up despite it being a click away to make sure before running their face on the subject. Is what it is I guess.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:05 pm

You boys are silly.  I like VPs.   make fun

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:20 pm

Snickers, Anyone???

wink

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:23 pm

Snickers, Anyone???

wink

rofl ROFL ROTFLMAO CLASSIC!!

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:05 am

Uh-oh

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:51 am

I have a question with a situation I am in. I know even in a bye week I must set a valid lineup or get fined. I have Julius Thomas who looks like he may miss another game, and I have Delanie and Anthony Fasano out on bye which I am starting Levine Toilolo already. I am already starting 5 WR's, I am starting all the RB's I have available this week, and have no other options to play.

My question is: Do I have to go pick up a guy from the waiver wire and play him this week?

If so, not a big deal I guess, just thought I would ask. Very happy I don't have to play this week with this lineup.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:57 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I have a question with a situation I am in. I know even in a bye week I must set a valid lineup or get fined. I have Julius Thomas who looks like he may miss another game, and I have Delanie and Anthony Fasano out on bye which I am starting Levine Toilolo already. I am already starting 5 WR's, I am starting all the RB's I have available this week, and have no other options to play.

My question is: Do I have to go pick up a guy from the waiver wire and play him this week?

If so, not a big deal I guess, just thought I would ask. Very happy I don't have to play this week with this lineup.

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question. But, you have to field a valid lineup. If you have to pickup someone to do so, that's what you have to do - unless one of your players is not declared out within that 24 hr window.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:58 am

You will only get fined for an invalid lineup if you start a player that has been ruled out more than 24 hours prior to gametime. If orange Julius is a gametime decision and gets ruled out an hour and a half before gametime, technically you are still legal. But, if he gets ruled out today...you are fucked.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:11 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Seems like a simple fix -- you've got a few extra years left over so there's no penalty for picking up an extra guy.  It's not like you're in the TT where that's frowned upon.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:43 am

Crisis averted guys! Aaron Ripkowski to the rescue!!! Watch out high points of the week, I am coming for you!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:52 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Seems like a simple fix -- you've got a few extra years left over so there's no penalty for picking up an extra guy.  It's not like you're in the TT where that's frowned upon.

Russell, Russell, Russell ... Shocked
Don't be B.A. Russ. Selling out your fellow TTer's ... Boo, man.
Got to tow the line, man. We get enough grief from the DD without one of own siding in with them.

wink

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:09 am

He will not succumb to the dark side!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:14 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
He will not succumb to the dark side!

[Queue Heavy Breathing] "Stay with the Dark Side Russ"

wink

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:38 pm

It's disturbing how many cat photos are out there. laughing

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:57 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
It's disturbing how many cat photos are out there Todd has. laughing

surprised

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:11 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
It's disturbing how many cat photos are out there Todd has. laughing

surprised

Pic says it all ... It's all about the Google.

wink

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:02 pm

Divisions are entertaining. I swept my division this year. Despite not making the playoffs I get to laugh at them.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:53 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Man that is one tough pill to swallow. But wouldn't Derrick have gotten the Division and bye anyway?

Hmmm,   not 100% certain,  but I would have had a 9-3 record,  same as you and Derrick,   but I finished 5-1 in the division including beating Derrick both times I played him...  wouldn't that have been the division tiebreaker?   If not,  what is the point of even having divisions or playing those guys twice a year?

A little late to the party... But after reading ALL this nonsense... I had to go back and figure out why the Outlaws were complaining about Divisional play in the first place. Was is because he lost the tie-breaker to the Eternals to make the playoffs? Or was he bitching that IF HE HAD won that game back in week 3, he would be 9-3, in the playoffs, but still not the division winner?

If it's because he missed the playoffs off a tie-breaker to the Eternals... they couldn't use head 2 head play as a tie-breaker since the Outlaws didn't play the Eternals. Total points only makes sense as the tie-breaker.

If it was the magical would-be win that ended up in a loss in Week 3... I can see an argument for making head 2 head a valid tie-breaker for divisional end of year ties. But don't have a real issue with total points being the primary tie-breaker.

As far as no point in divisions... What is the Outlaws smokin and can i have some? If you win your division, you go to the playoffs. Guaranteed. If you got rid of the divisions and went purely with win/loss followed by total points... The Chapter 3 winner, the Muskies, would miss out on the playoffs because they would have lost the tie-breaker to the Outlaws. Maybe that's what he's thinking. lol

But fuck that! so metal

Divisional play is awesome and give EVERY team in the league, a one in four chance of making the playoffs each year. love

And my pink Degenerates will be back next year bitches! winning I rule 1st

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:34 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:

And my pink Degenerates will be back in pink next year bitches!  winning  I rule  1st

Fixed for ya buddy

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:11 pm

Laughing I think Ian is saying you have 0% chance.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:11 am

Well, Mack, Houston and Nelson all did shitty. With my shitty offensive matchups I was depending on Mack to do well. Ugh.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:56 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Well, Mack, Houston and Nelson all did shitty. With my shitty offensive matchups I was depending on Mack to do well. Ugh.

I know the feeling, but It was only one player for me. When Derrick Johnson went down and threw his helmet off, I knew it was bad.

It sucks! I've been luckily healthy all year, and now that the playoffs are here all my middle to top tier players are out hairout . Oh well, sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles. Especially when you avoid the injury bug like I did early in the year.....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs 2016   

Back to top Go down

Playoffs 2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: