:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Tue May 01, 2012 11:33 pm

I'm loving the draft. I think I have gotten to nominate 2 guys. Big FN deal. If you guys draft is not fun because of this WTF is fun to you. I love drafting. This is great. I hate whining little boys. HOLY PISS. PLEASE. I thought we had 24 pros in here.

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Tue May 01, 2012 11:52 pm

This is one thread that sure is named right "Whine" What does anyone have to whine about the draft is going great. So you don't get to put a player that you want up. Someone else will or you will get to at some point. You don't get any WB bucks for putting players up so who cares. Some of you guys need to relax. We are going to have weeks of this bidding. If you don't calm down you are going to burn up. There is no strategy to putting players up. If 3 owners show up about the same time and see they can put a player up they do. If it ends up being 3 extra players what do you have to whine about. Some of you have been asking Andy to increase the total so there you go you have more guys to bid on it looks like it would be win win. But no maybe you didn't get to put the player up. But like I said you don't get anything for putting up a player

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Tue May 01, 2012 11:55 pm

Quote :
There is no strategy to putting players up

I agree with the intent of your post but this statement in not true...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Tue May 01, 2012 11:56 pm

New Mexico Mad Clowns wrote:
This is one thread that sure is named right "Whine" What does anyone have to whine about the draft is going great. So you don't get to put a player that you want up. Someone else will or you will get to at some point. You don't get any WB bucks for putting players up so who cares. Some of you guys need to relax. We are going to have weeks of this bidding. If you don't calm down you are going to burn up. There is no strategy to putting players up. If 3 owners show up about the same time and see they can put a player up they do. If it ends up being 3 extra players what do you have to whine about. Some of you have been asking Andy to increase the total so there you go you have more guys to bid on it looks like it would be win win. But no maybe you didn't get to put the player up. But like I said you don't get anything for putting up a player

good post

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Tue May 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Quote :

Agree with Dave... IMO, there is HUGE strategy to nominating players

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 12:01 am

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Quote :

Agree with Dave... IMO, there is HUGE strategy to nominating players

Well I didn't say it was a perfect post i dont know

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 12:10 am

See here you guys go I said if 3 guys are putting their players up yes that is a strategy for each one. But none of the 3 know the other ones are putting players up. So this is not the strategy when 3 guys at the same time up players. Now you go ahead and call it a strategy if you want but try to remember this is just Fantasy Football. Not putting a man on the Moon

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 12:12 am

See here you guys go I said if 3 guys are putting their players up yes that is a strategy for each one. But none of the 3 know the other ones are putting players up. So this is not the strategy when 3 guys at the same time up players. Now you go ahead and call it a strategy if you want but try to remember this is just Fantasy Football. Not putting a man on the Moon

I guess I read your post wrong is all. cheers

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 12:19 am

Not sure which thread was for what...is our new plan curing the whining? or at least the whining about the draft?

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 12:20 am

Not putting a man on the Moon

Men have been on the Moon? Shocked

Holy shit I better stop watching movies all the time and get the fuck out once in a while. Maybe read a paper or book once in a while.

I thought Appolo 13 was Sci-Fi. You mean that shit really happened? ... Gadzooks! surprised

Houston we have a problem, I'm can't get out of my house cause my fantasy sports life has taken me over.

Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 12:25 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:

Holy shit I better stop watching movies all the time and get the fuck out once in a while. Maybe read a paper or book once in a while.

I thought Appolo 13 was Sci-Fi. You mean that shit really happened? ... Gadzooks! surprised

Houston we have a problem, I'm can't get out of my house cause my fantasy sports life has taken me over.

Evil laugh

That is what we need more of around here funny people. Nice one Todd I know some one would say something about the moon line.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 12:27 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Not sure which thread was for what...is our new plan curing the whining? or at least the whining about the draft?
vote yes

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 12:49 am

Evil laugh

Had you watched Dumb and Dumber, you may have known this....

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 12:57 am

Singapore Slings wrote:

Had you watched Dumb and Dumber, you may have known this....

lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2 lol 2

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 1:35 am

Been a while since I seen Dumb and Dumber totally forgot about that scene. Laughing

Thanks for the laff Tony. Good post! thumbsup

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 2:08 am

I agree with most of this post re: about me whining about, but if you don't think there's any strategy behind the nomination of players, then you might be playing checkers while others are playing chess.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 2:31 am

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
I'm loving the draft. I think I have gotten to nominate 2 guys. Big FN deal. If you guys draft is not fun because of this WTF is fun to you. I love drafting. This is great. I hate whining little boys. HOLY PISS. PLEASE. I thought we had 24 pros in here.

I want you to know that you brought this upon yourself. This could have been avoided.

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 2:45 am

Nice. That is Awesome!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 5:43 am

Adelaide Empire wrote:
Wyoming Headhunters wrote:

I want you to know that you brought this upon yourself. This could have been avoided.

Post of the year material right there. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 9:45 am

Glad I took last night off, this thread is a little Bitch

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 9:53 am

Utah Spazz wrote:
Glad I took last night off, this thread is a little Bitch

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Wed May 02, 2012 10:08 am

This thread is awesome. It reminds me of the flame wars that my co-workers start (and I usually get dragged into...)

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu May 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Couldn't resist reviving this guy - Styles buddy why did you take 23 hours to decide to bid $2 on Skelton, what exactly changed to create that extra $1 in your budget scratch

Seriously I had no interest in the guy but was hoping to get my nomination back doh

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu May 10, 2012 2:56 pm

coffee

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu May 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Couldn't resist reviving this guy - Styles buddy why did you take 23 hours to decide to bid $2 on Skelton, what exactly changed to create that extra $1 in your budget scratch

Seriously I had no interest in the guy but was hoping to get my nomination back doh

At this point I am just waiting and looking for those 1 or 2 dollar deals and when I saw a possible starting QB going for 1 dollar I had to put that bid in :)
Sorry it was so late but had to look out for the future of my Chaetomorpha.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu May 10, 2012 4:21 pm

Florida Chaetomorpha wrote:
Atlanta Africans wrote:

At this point I am just waiting and looking for those 1 or 2 dollar deals and when I saw a possible starting QB going for 1 dollar I had to put that bid in :)

In protest of this late bid, I am having FISH & Chips for dinner tonight.

Come here Nemo, Nemo, Nemo ... GOTCHA!!!

Mmmmm Fish!!! ... Evil laugh ... burp

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu May 10, 2012 4:47 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

useless

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu May 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:

thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu May 10, 2012 6:56 pm

Roster Wars: Where eating fish means getting in the head of the enemy!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu May 10, 2012 7:24 pm

Roster Wars: Where eating fish means getting in the head of the enemy!
overhead

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu May 10, 2012 7:29 pm

Some one call for pics? Say no more, say no more.

Here I am looking for my supper in the uber cool aquarium.

Here is me about to eat the little itty bitty fishie, and Sty snorting some fries. Laughing

courtesy of a fish called Wanda, oh and she was delicious too. Yum!

steamroller ... it's K-K-K-Ken, he's come to K-K-K-Kill me.

Back to top Go down
New Mexico Mad Clowns

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu May 10, 2012 7:53 pm

good post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu May 10, 2012 8:04 pm

Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Fri May 18, 2012 9:01 pm

Tony, Tony, Tony, bidding on a player with less than one minute left...

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Fri May 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Sorry man, I needed another running back... I had just sat at my computer to look at the auctions for like the 2nd time today.... and I didn't have the funds available to do it earlier.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Fri May 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Singapore Slings wrote:
Sorry man, I needed another running back...

If anything your getting now is to fill a need you should be a little concerned Laughing

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Fri May 18, 2012 10:07 pm

LOL no concern whatsoever Atlanta.

And San Fran- Fair warning: in the interest of not causing more reset timers, put your true limits on benn and jennings, because Im going to give it a go on both of them. you have more money than me, I'm just trying to make sure we get this done with too.... cool2

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Sat May 19, 2012 3:18 am

No worries. Just yanking your chain. cheers

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:21 pm

In searching for past conversations on the topic I'm about to bring up, I found this thread. Title fits, but conversation not so much. The colors from some old teams are pretty, though.

Every year, there is a degree of moaning about owners starting bidding on their own tagged players. I had previously expected to see this come up in the January meeting given the back and forth during the last RFA period, but forgot about it until today.

Is all of that in the past? Are we good with opening bidding on our tagged guys as a tactic/strategy? Or will the moaning commence again in April for giggles?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:34 pm

Baja Beatniks wrote:
Every year, there is a degree of moaning about owners starting bidding on their own tagged players.

You mean waiting to match on their own players, or what?

Back to top Go down
Baja Beatniks

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:37 pm

No. Guys opening bidding early on their own tagged (usually FT) players to get them out of the way. Basic argument is for finding out how much it's gonna cost them to better plan later spending.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:47 pm

I noticed a lot of that when looking at some threads and I don't see why it's an issue.  I don't know if I agree with the strategy (I don't think that I do) but it is strategy and should be welcomed.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:02 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I noticed a lot of that when looking at some threads and I don't see why it's an issue.  I don't know if I agree with the strategy (I don't think that I do) but it is strategy and should be welcomed.

There's a large misunderstanding / don't give a shit - about auctions with multiple players on the auction block.

There is an extremely large gap for "missing out" on players. If you lose "your guy," you want to lose him before your 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc options are off the board.

Obviously there are times when this doesn't matter, but most of the time I argue that it does matter.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:08 pm

I understand the logic and why people think that it helps.  And I think that it does matter.  It's just like NFL teams going after 2nd or 3rd tier players right when free agency opens with the hope of getting them while everyone else is focused on the top guy at each position.

But if you can nominate a player and you can bid on your own guy, I don't see why you can't nominate your own guy.  I can see not being allowed to nominate your Compensatory Guy because you can't bid on him. 

If there's no advantage in this available to only one team, have at it.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Well I guess if it is fair game, have at it. People can use whatever strategies they want, I will roll with it as long as it is within the rules.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:49 pm

I dislike it. It just comes off as bush league to me. You are winning the player at 25WBs, just no timer... You bid and extra WB over YOUR OWN bid to start the timer? Nothing will change on this, so I will stop now...

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
I dislike it.  It just comes off as bush league to me.  You are winning the player at 25WBs, just no timer...  You bid and extra WB over YOUR OWN bid to start the timer?  Nothing will change on this, so I will stop now...

But, in doing so, their cost to tag the guy went from 25 to 26 WBs.  Not a huge sum but still a price.  

And an owner can only start a certain number of auctions, so they are foregoing the right to bid on another guy.  

Imma gonna stop here because I think that there is something deeper that I don't want to get into.  But I think that any strategy that does not involve a loophole should be encouraged.

One thought, though, and this could be a loophole:

The rule provides:

D) The bidding ends if 24 hours pass since the last bid was placed. 

Example: Dallas Diablos bids 100WB on Ray Rice at 8:32 PM CT on Wed. The Dallas Diablos will be awarded Ray Rice for 100WB if no more bids are placed on Rice by Thursday at 8:32 PM CT.  The current teams bids of "match" abide by the same rules.  If another team bids on your RFA, and 24 hours pass without another bid or you declaring "match", the player will be awarded to his new team.

What happens if I'm about to win a bid and, at the last minute, I increase my bid by $1?  That would seem to reset the clock and possibly save me from getting a guy I don't want.

Maybe we should consider something similar to the no two timeouts in a row rule?  You can't increase your own bid?  Which would stop the bidding on your own tagged players because you already have them at the tag price.  And, arguably, all your free agents because you have them at 0 WBs.  If nothing else, it might be helpful to clarify that you can't restart your clock by upping your bid.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:23 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:
I dislike it.  It just comes off as bush league to me.  You are winning the player at 25WBs, just no timer...  You bid and extra WB over YOUR OWN bid to start the timer?  Nothing will change on this, so I will stop now...

But, in doing so, their cost to tag the guy went from 25 to 26 WBs.  Not a huge sum but still a price.  

And an owner can only start a certain number of auctions, so they are foregoing the right to bidstart the bidding on another guy.  

I said I was stopping so I will....

zip it

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Honestly, I already have something noted for next January because I just never got enough time to brainstorm before this January but I am very much against people being able to start the auctions for their own tagged players. It's fucking stupid.

I know people can whine about damn near anything in life, but the entire point of tagging is paying that price and then waiting to see if people are gonna come after your player. In some cases they will not. Yes, the timing of the game could hurt/help you but that's part of the game just like everything else.

Anyway, by January I intend to have something figured out....

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Honestly, I already have something noted for next January because I just never got enough time to brainstorm before this January but I am very much against people being able to start the auctions for their own tagged players.  It's fucking stupid.

I know people can whine about damn near anything in life, but the entire point of tagging is paying that price and then waiting to see if people are gonna come after your player.  In some cases they will not.  Yes, the timing of the game could hurt/help you but that's part of the game just like everything else.

Anyway, by January I intend to have something figured out....

party4

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***   

Back to top Go down

***OFFICIAL Whine About Bidding Thread***
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: