:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Mohamed Sanu WR CIN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Wow whoever did this was a real bag of dicks.

Quote :
Mohamed Sanu thought he was a brand new member of the Cincinnati Bengals. This wasn't a hunch or some inside info whispered into his ear by his agent. The Bengals called him.

Or so he thought.

In some of the weakest sauce ever concocted, the Rutgers wide receiver was the victim of a prank on Thursday night. His phone rang and a person identifying themselves as a Bengals official told him he was the 27th overall pick.

Sanu and his family exploded into celebration -- he was a first-rounder in the NFL. Then the Bengals selected Wisconsin guard Kevin Zeitler.

"This is a great kid, I guarantee you, and someone played a cruel joke on him," Sanu's agent, Mike McCartney, told SI.com's Peter King. "It is unreal that someone would do that, but it happened."

Sanu said he's fine and told McCartney whatever team actually drafts him will get a playmaker. A great attitude to have, but you can only imagine how much this prank must have hurt. Humanity fail.

I'm sure he gets his call tonight. Just shocked that somebody would think this was a good idea.

Last edited by Jersey Legionnaires on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:52 pm

vote no

Cant even imagine how hard it must have been to try and go to sleep after that....

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:54 pm

The world is so damn full of fucktards its unbelievable.

Everyone says/thinks it and I am sure its one of those "in the eye of the beholder" type things but nobody can say this is cool, right?

Hope whoever it was gets hit lightening.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:17 pm

I like Sanu a lot, think he would be a nice selection for the Eagles

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:25 pm

I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:33 pm

Shawn, I have to admit I laughed at first as well. It was probably AJ Jenkins making the prank call

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:44 pm

Hell, I think it probably was the Bengals.. They called and then someone finally nudged the guy and he was like.. oh gotta go.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Wow thats fucked up

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:07 am

Well I guess he was meant to be a Bengal in the end.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:32 am

Yup and personally, I think this is a great spot for him. Dalton may not be a Manning, but this is a good young team. With Green and Gresham, this guy's value has risen IMHO. If they can get a decent young RB, watch out.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:36 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Yup and personally, I think this is a great spot for him. Dalton may not be a Manning, but this is a good young team. With Green and Gresham, this guy's value has risen IMHO. If they can get a decent young RB, watch out.

good post

Absolutely. Simpson has left town (Not that it really matters.) I expect Sanu to do VERY well.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Mon May 07, 2012 1:10 pm

ROTFLMAO

Mohamed Sanu Very Disappointed To Discover Second Call From Bengals Not A Prank

Quote :
CINCINNATI—New Bengals wide receiver Mohamed Sanu told reporters last week he had been "desperately relieved" to find out a phone call notifying him that Cincinnati had drafted him was a prank, but was later dejected when actual team representatives called to use a pick on him. "I have to admit, it was pretty funny when that kid told me the Bengals were drafting me in the first round, especially when I realized it was a joke," said Sanu, confirming the prankster "really had me going." "But the Bengals calling to say their disaster of a team actually was drafting me, just for a lot less money? What kind of sick human being does that?" Though acknowledging he cried when he first put on his Cincinnati jersey and realized he would be wasting away his youth playing for the Bengals, Sanu took solace in the fact that NFL careers are generally short and his dream of playing pro football would be over soon enough.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Mon May 07, 2012 3:22 pm

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Mon May 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Is that from the Onion or something? Just over the top silly which is what they do.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Mon May 07, 2012 9:11 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Is that from the Onion or something? Just over the top silly which is what they do.

Indeed. I absolutely love the Onion. Posted a couple in RGIII and one in the Jags.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Mon May 07, 2012 9:13 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:

Indeed. I absolutely love the Onion. Posted a couple in RGIII and one in the Jags.

I havent gotten into it much...just seems overly squirrely to me...I am sure some of it is really funny though.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Mon May 07, 2012 9:14 pm

I havent gotten into it much...just seems overly squirrely to me...I am sure some of it is really funny though.

Ahhh I've always loved it. The one about the Jags drafting a punter is an instant classic.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Mon May 07, 2012 11:07 pm

The onion created that story, but it was based upon truth. Someone really did call his agent letting him know that the Bengals drafted him in the 1st round as a prank. The irony is that the Bengals actually did draft him just a few rounds later. So the prank call really happened.

http://www.nj.com/sports/nfldraft/index.ssf/2012/04/nfl_draft_mohamed_sanu_victim.html

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Mon May 07, 2012 11:58 pm

Ahhh I've always loved it. The one about the Jags drafting a punter is an instant classic.

I love the Onion. I remember the first time I read it, pre-internet days... I actually had a subscription. It was mailed from Madison.

One of my all-time favorites... Scissors finally beats Rock!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Tue May 08, 2012 6:11 am

Chicago Crime Syndicate wrote:

The onion created that story, but it was based upon truth. Someone really did call his agent letting him know that the Bengals drafted him in the 1st round as a prank. The irony is that the Bengals actually did draft him just a few rounds later. So the prank call really happened.

http://www.nj.com/sports/nfldraft/index.ssf/2012/04/nfl_draft_mohamed_sanu_victim.html

That was the first post in the thread. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Wed May 09, 2012 11:18 am

HA! I should learn to read and not skim. doh

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Tue May 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Quote :
The NFL career of Mohamed Sanu began quite awkwardly, but the Cincinnati Bengals rookie appears to have landed in a good place.

Sanu, the Bengals' third-round pick in last month's draft, enters a situation in which Cincinnati has no clear No. 2 receiver behind A.J. Green. Andre Caldwell and Jerome Simpson have moved on, and it appears Cincinnati will go with a youth movement at the position.

Could Sanu slide into the starting lineup in his rookie season? The former Rutgers star has an early fan in Green.

"A lot of people say that he didn't run the fastest, but you see him on the field and he's fluid in-and-out of his breaks, he catches everything with his hands, and he attacks the ball," Green told the Bengals' official website. "He's going to be a special one."

Green said Sanu's style has reminded some within the organization of a standout receiver from the not-so-distant past.

"I'm telling you -- a lot of the older guys here compare him to T.J. Houshmandzadeh," Green said. "He can stretch the field and I think he's really going to help us out this year."

The Bengals would consider themselves lucky if Sanu followed the path of Houshmandzadeh, who had five seasons of at least 70 receptions for the Bengals, including a league-best 112 catches in 2007.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Tue May 29, 2012 5:32 pm

And he will be an RFA in DD next season party

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Tue May 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:

So I have no option to tag him huh?

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Tue May 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:

So I have no option to tag him huh?

Well you have to now Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:54 am

Quote :
Cincinnati Bengals WR Mohamed Sanu (foot) is not practicing Friday, Nov. 30

I'm hearing fracture which will require surgery on Monday.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:33 pm

Quote :
Falcons signed WR Mohamed Sanu, formerly of the Bengals, to a five-year contract

Wow!! I think we can safely pencil him in for WR1 numbers. Move aside Julio. This is second only to that Vernon signing!!! Figure out who owns him and get those offers in!!!!

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:28 pm

Hey he still is better then any #2 they have. Laugh all you want Matt, go ahead... Laugh.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:42 pm

Andy is a Sanu fan........be careful what you say. I do like him in ATL better than Cincy.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:10 pm

I like Sanu a bit...he really couldn't do worse than Cincinnati but Atlanta sure is an attempt at it. lol3

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:46 pm

Anything is better for Matt Ryan than the rotting husk of Roddy white

Back to top Go down
Saint Johns Venomous Mocs

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:08 pm

Sanu may throw a better deep ball than Ryan lol3

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:47 am

Sanu is okay... He can be a decent compliment to Julio, and if Hardy can step up in the slot (a role he is suited for) the Falcons passing game should be pretty good. Or maybe they draft a WR and move Sanu to the slot... that would make sense if they hadn't overpaid him by so much that they are almost obligated to start him outside...

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:45 pm

Seeing these WR contract #s (and most of the contracts overall) just makes me wonder what someone like Alshon Jeffery could have gotten on the open market...

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Yeah, almost everyone is getting overpaid so far this offseason... The NFL and their ever-increasing salary cap are out of control! It's fairly disgusting...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mohamed Sanu WR CIN   

Back to top Go down

Mohamed Sanu WR CIN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: