x

Share | 

Doug Martin RB TBB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:19 am

I think this guy is a threat to be the 1.02 pick in non-QB premium leagues. In QB premium leagues, like this one and the 16 teamers I frequent, I think he's a mortal lock to be the #4 pick.

Blount sucks, the TB offense is looking really good, and most importantly, I think he's a really good player. beer

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:35 am

sad2

Tampa Bay SUCKS! Stealing Martin from my Giants...

Anyway good move by TB and I think you're right.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:48 am

I wont go as far to say that Blount sucks....however, I believe Doug Martin will be to Blount as Bradshaw was to Jacobs.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:54 am

Omega City Legends wrote:
I wont go as far to say that Blount sucks....however, I believe Doug Martin will be to Blount as Bradshaw was to Jacobs.

Yeah good analogy - supposedly new HC wants to run the %#$#% out of it

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:11 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:

Yeah good analogy - supposedly new HC wants to run the %#$#% out of it

what 5 letter word fits here you are crazy

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:16 am

Doug Martin will now be the Fantasy Football rookie draft darling

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 am

Utah Spazz wrote:

He already was IMO cheers

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:

He was up there, but I think this may have sealed him as the #2 imo

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:10 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:

And the Giants didn't get him.

Did you know that Justin?

Just wanted to make sure someone told you.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:11 pm

Decatur Demons wrote:
Utah Spazz wrote:

And the Giants didn't get him.

Did you know that Justin?

Just wanted to make sure someone told you.

Lemme just borrow this from Andy...

AR15 firing AR15 firing

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Giants never wanted him, Wilson was their guy all along. They think they got their Tiki Barber 2.0

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:05 pm

If Martin went to NYG he would have been buried behind Bradshaw with a ceiling of about 8-12 touches per game. Martin's outlook is greatly improved in TB, however not getting goal line carries really hurts his fantasy appeal in 2012. When TB releases Blount next season AND TB doesn't bring in a goal line back, Martin could truly flourish.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:43 pm

Well Blount doesn't "suck," but he can't catch, can't block, and despite the public perception, I don't think he's a good short yardage back. Not all big guys are good short yardage guys. I don't concede the point that Martin will not get any goal line looks.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:56 am

Quote :
Stephen Holder, from the Tampa Bay Times, reports Buccaneers new head coach Greg Schiano was raving about rookie RB Doug Martin's OTA performance. After missing a couple of weeks with a hamstring injury Martin was back to practicing at full speed. "He's only done it two days (Monday and Tuesday), but he's done some nice things," Schiano said. "You can see he has good vision. That's one of the things you can't teach. You can teach a lot of things, but for me to see daylight over here when I'm looking over there, that's a gift."

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:24 pm

I love Martin and ended getting him on ZERO of my Fantasy teams... shame on me

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Utah Spazz wrote:
I love Martin and ended getting him on ZERO of my Fantasy teams... shame on me

Ouch!!! I think I have him on 3 out of 8.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Doug Martin for the most part was picked way before my pick except in one league where I had traded for the future 1.1 a year ago. I took Richardson in that league instead. Schiano is going to want "his guy" in there and will give Martin carries. Something to think about though. His most successful team at Rutgers had a time share with Rice and Brain Leonard. I really do think that there is a time share in the offing with Blount and Martin.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:58 pm

I don't doubt it Jason but Martin is so dynamic I don't see Blount taking much.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:27 pm

I love Doug Martin. I want to put it out there so people understand. He was always the guy I wanted to pull the trigger on but pussied out on in developmental leagues. I have had my eyes on him for 2 years. He isn't dynamic. He is good at everything. He catches the ball well. He pass protects. He is smart. He runs hard, but there really isn't a dynamic aspect to his game. For Martin, the whole may be bigger than the sum of the parts. MJD and Rice were the same type of players. No greatness in any aspect, but they could both ball. They both had to either be understudies or time share their first few years. Nothing at all wrong with that.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:10 am

Quote :
Tampa Bay Buccaneers running backs coach Earnest Byner said he has been impressed with how RB Doug Martin has performed as a pass blocker during offseason workouts. "The thing that they struggle with most of the time is pass protection and especially nickel pass protection, but I don't think that's going to be an issue with him," Byner said. "He has done some good things. He has some quickness. Doug is really smart, and eager to grab some of the concepts that we are teaching. He is excited to come out here and play for the Buccaneers."

Analysis: Pass protection can often times be the reason a rookie back doesn't see the field during their first NFL season, but that doesn't appear to be a problem for Martin. At minimum he'll handle third-down and passing game work for the Bucs; more likely he'll take some first- and second-down work away from LeGarrette Blount and wind up with the majority of Tampa Bay's backfield touches.

Love this guy.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:04 pm

And yet Blount is getting all of the first team reps in mini camps. Martin is a good player and could reach MJD or Rice levels but remember that both of those guys were on the low carry end of time shares their first few years. I see the same thing happening for Martin. (Yes I see a young Blount as a better RB than Fred Taylor or McGahee who were both over the hill when MJD and Rice were brought in)

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:00 pm

Carolina Werewolves wrote:
And yet Blount is getting all of the first team reps in mini camps. Martin is a good player and could reach MJD or Rice levels but remember that both of those guys were on the low carry end of time shares their first few years. I see the same thing happening for Martin. (Yes I see a young Blount as a better RB than Fred Taylor or McGahee who were both over the hill when MJD and Rice were brought in)

Nope, our coach is not a fan of Blount AT ALL, and usually when he doesn't like someone they see the door.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:24 am

So why is Blount getting all of the first team reps??? Schiano is a time share guy. I would be VERY surprised if he went with Martin in a lead role especially since he is a pro style ground and pound coach.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 am

Because he is the veteran incumbent. If Blount receives the first carry of the season, pigs will fly.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:12 pm

I don't see Schiano or many new coaches with the exception of Fox, just giving the veteran incumbent reps w/o a belief in that veterans ability. As far as I know everyone is learning the new system so there are no veterans with the upper hand.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Sometimes we see things for what we want them to be and not necessarily for what they are. Barring some extraordinary development in Martin, coupled with some extraordinary regression by Blount I dont see Martin being the starter come game 1....lets be real here. The split will be 50/50 to start....it may not finish that way....but Im not sold. Lets not act like Blount is some un-athletic, untalented, incapable player. The dude is 250 lbs and he hurdles people like a track star....he will get his touches, and to some degree it will hurt Martin' chances to completely take over like many think he will right out of the gate. You Martin lovers need a gut check. money eyes punch

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:22 pm

A part of me really loves Martin but another part of me thinks he could be this years Mark Ingram. I doubt it though

Back to top Go down
Carolina Werewolves

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:30 pm

I don't think he is by any means the next Mark Ingram. I think that if he is in a 50/50 split with Blount this season that Martin has met my expectations as well as the expectations of Martin owners who are realists. Now what happens in 2013 and beyond is what is interesting and should be cause for hope for all Martin fans (I am one!!) He may not be the fastest or the strongest but he can play and excels well enough at every important skill for his position.

Martin not being the starter this year by no means doesn't mean that he won't be a first rounder in start ups 3 years from now.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:14 pm

I don't think he is by any means the next Mark Ingram. I think that if he is in a 50/50 split with Blount this season that Martin has met my expectations as well as the expectations of Martin owners who are realists.

Hey Jason, want to put money down that Martin gets more than 50% of the carries (between Martin and Blount) over the course of the season (1-17)?

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:18 pm

It's like the same conversation in every thread.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:00 pm

Adelaide Empire wrote:
It's like the same conversation in every thread.

I'm an entrepreneur, what can I say. money eyes

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:12 pm

Martin not being the starter this year by no means doesn't mean that he won't be a first rounder in start ups 3 years from now.

I just think that people accelerate the expectation of his impact based on that hope and future potential.

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:35 pm

For reference's sake, I just traded Jordy Nelson for Doug Martin in a non-PPR, contract startup dynasty $ league. Trade says as much about Nelson as it does about Martin. Nelson on most any other offense is pedestrian (and I'm a Packers fan). Martin is not an elite RB but should be in the Top-10 RB conversation until further notice. It's all up for debate, of course- it's what makes dynasty leagues such an interesting affair.

But I net someone I feel strongly about while lowering the salary cap hit.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:05 pm

Not to get off-topic but I don't think Nelson gets enough credit. Guy can really be a beast to bring down once he has the ball in his hands.

But

I'm also really high on Martin and think that was a very fair deal.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: contrarian view   Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:48 pm

there is no doubt that martin has value but his percieved value is so high right now, i am going to trade him, a round 1 pick next year and matt ryan for tom brady (trying to win this year) Rookies that have not performed are rated too high - i would trade him in a second for a proven commodity.
Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:07 pm

mike t wrote:
there is no doubt that martin has value but his percieved value is so high right now, i am going to trade him, a round 1 pick next year and matt ryan for tom brady (trying to win this year) Rookies that have not performed are rated too high - i would trade him in a second for a proven commodity.
Completely agree (and I own him in Roster Wars)

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:08 pm

+1... though contract/salary leagues do have the opportunity to change standard "value" evaluations

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Florida Chaetomorpha wrote:
mike t wrote:
Completely agree (and I own him in Roster Wars)

I agree to a point. If he puts up like Rice/Shady that's pretty shitty. It's a question if you like to gamble or take the sure bet. I've got a lot riding on Martin in a ton of leagues. We'll see how that works out for me Laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:17 am

Quote :
Doug Martin rushed seven times for 23 yards in the Buccaneers' second preseason game Friday night. Analysis: His role is growing, and we're not referring to LeGarrette Blount's left knee injury. Blount started the game and played on early downs the entire first drive, but Martin replaced him on all third downs and operated as Tampa Bay's every-down back for the next two possessions. The stats aren't flashy, but Martin showed some nasty cutting ability and had one long run called back by penalty. Even if Blount's injury proves minor, we like Martin to healthily lead the Buccaneers' backfield in 2012 touches.

BEASTTTTTTTT

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:38 pm

Freeman doesn't exactly look ready to bounce back which will hold back whoever is the RB

Back to top Go down
New Berlin Blitzkrieg

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:28 pm

That's because Freeman is fool's gold.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Quote :
Doug Martin started the Bucs' third preseason game Friday night and rushed 13 times for 53 yards and a touchdown, also catching three passes for 12 yards. Analysis: The Buccaneers' offense played seven possessions against the Patriots. Martin was the every-down back on six of them, while LeGarrette Blount handled early-down work on just one drive. Blount played more extensively with the Dan Orlovsky group. Through three preseason games, Martin has 27 carries for 97 yards and two touchdowns, with four catches for 19 yards.

People pimping Blount will be disappointed as I've said.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:36 am

27 rushes for 97 yards is not impressive Justin........

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:07 am

27 rushes for 97 yards is not impressive Justin........

For a rookie running back just getting going I'm pretty happy with that. Better stat line than Trent has so far.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:11 pm

Quote :
Buccaneers rookie running back Doug Martin had a solid day in his pro debut, putting up 118 yards from scrimmage on 28 touches.

Analysis: The Bucs leaned heavily on Martin, giving him 24 carries; he also caught four passes. The important thing for fantasy owners is that this is no timeshare -- backup LeGarrette Blount handled just three carries.

Easily has the potential to be the best rookie RB this year.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:05 pm

So, how does the Carl Nicks injury hurt Doug Martins value for the rest of this year.

On one hand, you have a guy who has clearly cemented himself as the #1 back in Tampa. The only back really.

On the other, you just lost one of your best guards in the league. You are also a rookie. And rookies tend to wear down toward the end of the season.

In a redraft league I've got a chance to move Martin for Charles. I'm considering it.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Quote :
Tampa Bay running back Doug Martin has been named the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Month for October. Analysis: So far in 2012, Martin has bulldozed his way to 543 rushing yards, which ranks second among NFL rookies behind Washington running back Alfred Morris. He's coming off his best game of the season last week against Minnesota when he went off for 135 rushing yards and 79 receiving yards. He also scored two touchdowns as the Buccaneers went on to win by a score of 36-17.

I wanted this guy on my team in the worst way...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:19 am

Felt this belonged in this thread...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:24 am

I have such a huge man-crush on Martin. I wish I owned him in RW.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:53 pm

To the locker room cry2

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doug Martin RB TBB   

Back to top Go down

Doug Martin RB TBB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum