x

Share | 

Atlanta Falcons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Destroyers

PostSubject: Atlanta Falcons   Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:41 pm

...and the last NFL team finally has a Roster Wars thread!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7853300/atlanta-falcons-acquire-asante-samuel-philadelphia-eagles

ATLANTA -- Asante Samuel was willing to restructure his contract to play for the Atlanta Falcons.

"I wanted to be a Falcon, so we made it work," Samuel said.

The Falcons gave up only a seventh-round draft pick Wednesday, acquiring the four-time Pro Bowl cornerback from the Philadelphia Eagles.

The Falcons announced the trade after Samuel agreed to restructure his contract to a three-year, $18.5 million deal. His contract with Philadelphia called for him to earn $9.9 million in 2012 and $11.4 million in 2013.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:44 pm

way to go Matt! I was curious if we had em all or not.

Back to top Go down
Chicago Crime Syndicate

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:03 pm

Great signing by Atlanta. With Samuel, Robinson and Grimes, their top 3 CB's rival anyone in the league.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:15 pm

The question is can one of them play the slot otherwise you have Eagles 2011 v2.0!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:49 pm

No matter what He is an upgrade over Grimes. I think it made them more solid in the backfield.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
No matter what He is an upgrade over Grimes. I think it made them more solid in the backfield.

Shocked Wow. I think grimes is one of the better corners in the league.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:17 pm

The following draft recap is from Bleacher Report

Quote :
Draft Picks

Round 1: None

Round 2: OG Peter Konz (Wisconsin)

Round 3: OT Lamar Holmes (Southern Miss)

Round 4: None

Round 5: FB Bradie Ewing (Wisconsin), DE Jonathan Massaquoi (Troy)

Round 6: S Charles Mitchell (Mississippi State)

Round 7: DT Travian Robertson (South Carolina)

Grade: B

Summary

With no first-round pick due to the Julio Jones trade, the Atlanta Falcons weren't in a great position to get an impact player early on, but they did anyway with Peter Konz. The top-rated center on my board, Konz will likely slide to guard in Atlanta.

The Falcons played it smart elsewhere by getting intelligent, tough football players in Holmes, Ewing and Massaquoi.

Nothing exciting about these picks. I'd love the O-Line upgrades if they had a RB worth owning.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
if they had a RB worth owning.

They have 2

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
if they had a RB worth owning.

They have 2

Blegh Turner and Jakeeeeeeeezy?

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Hopefully Baker doesn't get Ryan killed until Holmes is ready in 2013...
Very old O with the window (if there ever was one) closing soon

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:28 pm

(KFFL) Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter is expected to install a pass-heavy offense that will also feature the no-huddle, and QB Matt Ryan likes that idea. It not only allows him to call plays at the line of scrimmage, but it also gives the Falcons a chance to dictate tempo. "I love it," Ryan said. "It's something we've had success here with the past four years."

LOVE the Falcons this year

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:02 am

Quote :
Falcons slot WR Harry Douglas is expected to have a bigger offensive role under new coordinator Dirk Koetter.

Analysis: He's also expected to compete for kickoff- and punt-return duties with Eric Weems now in Chicago. While Douglas did make NFL.com's Steve Wyche's list of players on the verge of a breakout 2012 season, he's never come close to emerging as a fantasy factor. We won't be drafting him this summer.

He might be one to watch. Grabbing him in leagues where I have room. I like the Falcons this year and not for their ground game.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:52 am

I think my hairy balls have better odds. I feel like the Falcons are the most overrated offense in football. Not saying they suck, but they are wayyyyyy overvalued.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:04 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I think my hairy balls have better odds. I feel like the Falcons are the most overrated offense in football. Not saying they suck, but they are wayyyyyy overvalued.

I really like Matty Ice and Julio. White is getting up there but still productive. I don't have any faith in Turner though or any of his backups.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:44 pm

This is one of those guys that I've really never paid attention to and probably never will.

Quote :
NFC South blogger Pat Yaskinsas is confident we will "see a ton of" Jacquizz Rodgers this season. Analysis: Michael Turner will still lead the backfield in carries by a wide margin, but the Falcons want to keep his legs fresh for a playoff run. With OC Dirk Koetter increasing the use of the no-huddle offense, Rodgers and Jason Snelling should combine to equal Turner's snaps this season. Potentially a flex option in PPR formats, Rotoworld ranks Rodgers 55th among fantasy backs.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Quote :
Atlanta Falcons LB Sean Weatherspoon is emerging as one of the true, vocal leaders on defense. His role as a leader will be especially important to MLB Akeem Dent, who is atop the depth chart at the position with LB Lofa Tatupu (pectoral) sidelined. "(Weatherspoon) has played a lot of football games, he's going to be able to help Akeem Dent in his maturation process because he's just a year or two removed from what Akeem's going to be going through this year," head coach Mike Smith said.

Love Weatherspoon this year.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:16 am

Agree Justin

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:15 am

top 5 LB. ALLLLL MINE. bow

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:40 pm

Cannot believe these fools are 11-1.....WTF shrug

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:43 pm

No idea. Their offense looked like shit. Somehow their D made Brees look even worse though. Holy fuck. It's not often you watch Brees and laugh that hard. Those last interceptions had me rolling almost as much as the Sanchez ass fumble.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:24 am

agree

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:51 am

Five, yes FIVE FAT FUCKIN' Picks ... cue the Lombardi "what the hell is going on around here" sound bite.

When did the Saints hire Vick as their QB coach? Was I napping? WTF!!! ... cry2

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 am

Just win baby

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:34 am

Funniest part was looking at a lot of wagers that were up.

Lots of Saints +3.5

Lots of OVER 54.5

I stayed away from this game except for 1, 7 point teaser. Took the Falcons.

rock on beer :banana9:

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:55 am

Decatur Demons wrote:
Funniest part was looking at a lot of wagers that were up.

Lots of Saints +3.5

Lots of OVER 54.5

I stayed away from this game except for 1, 7 point teaser. Took the Falcons.

rock on beer :banana9:

I took the UNDER but I got hosed with my Saints +3.5 as well as Saints on the moneyline. I would do it again though because the Falcons are not that good...that was one of their better games and I don't give them credit to be able to do it again any time soon.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:41 pm

Quote :
Falcons agreed to terms with DT Paul Soliai, formerly of the Dolphins, on a five-year, $33 million contract. Analysis: The deal includes $14 million guaranteed. It's a hefty commitment for a player now on the wrong side of 30, but the Falcons are living up to their pledge of beefing up and getting tougher. The Falcons employ a 4-3 base, but are reportedly considering implementing more 3-4 looks this season. Soliai can man the nose in either alignment. Soliai played for Falcons DC Mike Nolan in Miami.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Thu May 08, 2014 9:26 pm

Drafting Jake Mathews to keep Matty Ice Icy Cool!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:21 pm

Quote :
The team announced Monday morning that coach Mike Smith has been fired. NFL Media's Albert Breer reported general manager Thomas Dimitroff is safe, but owner Arthur Blank plans on shaking up the organizational structure, per a source. Blank made no promises publicly about Dimitroff's future.

This might be the right move, since the Falcons have so much talent on offense and can't seem to do too much with it.
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:27 pm

I dont know why but the firing of Smith really makes me happy! banana7

This should have been done years ago, if you ask me

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:12 pm

Agreed. Mike Smith was easily atop my list of guys I want to go away.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:33 pm

Smith was an okay coach, did better than I initially thought he would. However, he is rather ho hum boring, and that D he has tabled the last few years is a joke. The O is solid, but it seems to choke up a hair ball when the pressure to win one is on. A good firing, be interesting to see who they choose to fill the hole.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:16 pm

Falcons hired Dan Quinn as head coach.
It's a five-year deal. The Falcons had their eyes set on Quinn from the start of this whole hiring process, and Quinn reportedly preferred the Atlanta job over any other. It's a wonderful hire, and Quinn should immediately begin turning around what has been a truly awful defensive unit in recent seasons. Kyle Shanahan has already been hired to coordinate the offense. Now, GM Thomas Dimitroff and fellow personnel man Scott Pioli need to inject some talent into the roster.

Personally I wanted to Bears to get Quinn----The Falcons must be happy.
Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:34 pm

They're also being investigated for pumping in crowd noise during the last two seasons.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:29 pm

Quinn might be the answer and then again he might not. You just never know with coordinators switching to coach, if they are going to be good or not.

But anything has to be better than Mike Smith. He really lost all his MOJO the last couple of years

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:51 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
They're also being investigated for pumping in crowd noise during the last two seasons.

Seriously why do people even do this?
Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:21 pm

Well lets see if he can turn one of the worst D's in the NFL around. It will likely take a lil time just to get some of the right pieces to fit his style.

Funny thing is, is that Quinn basically ran a 4-3 D using a cover 3 scheme in Seattle.
Atlanta was a 4-3 team in 2013 I believe, but switched to a more 3-4 scheme last year (2014) on paper anyways. However, due to injuries more or less ran a 3-2-6 or 4-2-5 most of time. Bottom line is that D is a mess at this point. They have a few decent guys but plenty-o-changes could be coming. Quinn has his work cut out for him.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:34 pm

He probably can't make it any worse. Can he?!?

Hopefully Shanahan can improve the offense too.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:38 pm

England Dragons wrote:
He probably can't make it any worse. Can he?!?

Hopefully Shanahan can improve the offense too.

Offense was pretty good and is in more than decent shape IMO.
That being said I do think Kyle Shanahan is better than Dirk Koetter.
So a bump upwards is possible.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:43 am

Quote :
Speaking Tuesday, Falcons owner Arthur Blank appeared to admit the team pumped artificial noise into its 2013-14 home games. Analysis: ''It's not really a fine line,'' Blank said. ''I think what we've done in 2013 and 2014 was wrong. Anything that affects the competitive balance and fairness on the field, we're opposed to." Blank must know the league has irrefutable evidence, and is trying to get out in front of the apology game. The Falcons are subject to both a hefty fine and loss of draft picks. Blank's contriteness could level down the punishment, however.

Ruh roh raggy.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:14 am

What a dumb shit. Maybe he sees the Patriots and understands cheating is the way to win.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:16 am

I'm laughing at the thought of somebody pumping noise into the stadium laughing

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:17 am

Can you imagine losing draft picks over something so fucking stupid? Cripple your team for a little noise? They better hope it's some later picks.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:51 pm

Wow just caught up on the late games. What a terrible call to get the Hawks out of jail

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:12 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Wow just caught up on the late games. What a terrible call to get the Hawks out of jail

Yeah, Julio got jobbed. More garbage in that fake noise box.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:51 am

I am still trying to figure out how that was not PI and the call against DRC in the Giants v. Ravens game was PI.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:14 pm

I thought they did a pretty damn good job, then got gassed, due to the offenses inability to hold the ball. So Quinn looses both off/def coaches...will be interesting to watch next season.

Quote :
Falcons fired defensive coordinator Richard Smith and defensive line coach Bryan Cox.
Even after Atlanta's Super Bowl meltdown, the moves are very surprising. Smith's young defense improved steadily over the course of 2016, while Cox's defensive line harassed Tom Brady relentlessly before running out of gas on a whopping 93 defensive snaps, not including six penalties. Dan Quinn presumably had misgivings about both before the Super Bowl, because Smith and Cox's units played about as well as could have been hoped. With Kyle Shanahan gone to San Francisco, the Falcons will have two new coordinators in 2017.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:19 pm

Interesting. Usually a team with new coordinators after a Super Bowl run are due to them being hired away, not fired.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:26 pm

I don't know if I like this if I am a Falcon fan. Man, consistency is king to maintain that level of play.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:37 pm

Ya I don't know if the defensive coordinator is to blame.  Their defense was on the field for something like 93 plays, while the Falcons offense only ran something like 46 plays.  What do you expect with a 2 to 1 ratio?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:55 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Ya I don't know if the defensive coordinator is to blame.  Their defense was on the field for something like 93 plays, while the Falcons offense only ran something like 46 plays.  What do you expect with a 2 to 1 ratio?

Yeah, it is things like this that make me think that this is why the Falcons are the Falcons. Starting over with new coaches, change of schemes, will throw teams for a loop in my opinion. You had a very good thing going, and now you just flopped your game around a bit by losing your O coordinator, and now firing your D coordinator.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atlanta Falcons   

Back to top Go down

Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: