:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Trevor Siemian QB DEN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:15 pm

Read several things today bagging on him....I didn't watch any pre-season this year but thought he looked pretty good last night all things considered. Surprised people seem to be trashing him. Of course he made those two terrible throws (the batted pass and the pick) but he looked cool and collected throughout the game which is pretty impressive considering it was the first game of the year and against the Panthers defense of all things.

It could and usually does go much much worse in that spot if you ask me.

That said, those fucking stupid donkeys are lucky as fuck to have gotten out of there with a win which sucks.

I'll be interested to see how TS goes from here...maybe adrenaline had him on point last night and as he settles in he'll turn into a hot mess.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Looked decent. Like I said to my brother from what I saw I'd take him over Gabbert, Sanchez, Fitzpatrick or Bradford.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:49 pm

Very Sanchez like stat line but seemed instinctive in the pocket. Better ability to extend plays. I think Denver will get him dialed in. A couple games in he'll make that throw to Virgil Green without getting batted down. He's got to much talent around him not to have some measure of success.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:00 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Very Sanchez like stat line but seemed instinctive in the pocket. Better ability to extend plays. I think Denver will get him dialed in. A couple games in he'll make that throw to Virgil Green without getting batted down. He's got to much talent around him not to have some measure of success.

Oh, I forgot to mention that in the OP....we'll never know but then there is the surrounding cast argument.

I've always said that Sam Bradford has never had an ounce of shit to work with so I felt he got a bum deal (well not in the financial dept of course) so hopefully he ramps up quickly with MN so we can see if there is any shift in results now with a bit more to work with.

Siemian on the other hand is walking into a stocked situation so if he has success, is it him or is it the spot? I realize one can suck and fail no matter what but could TS be nothing more than Alex Smith or Matt Flynn and it's obscured from here?

It must have crushed Shawn to watch that pass get batted down after the defense left Virgil Green alone since he thinks he's gonna make some noise this year. Four catches for 28 yds sure could have used that TD to make it look better.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:02 pm

I agree that Bradford hasn't had much to work with but he's also made of glass.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:11 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I agree that Bradford hasn't had much to work with but he's also made of glass.  

That's fair. He doesn't scramble well. Getting hurt isn't something one can control (I think but I'm not a doctor) but if that's why folks don't like him then sounds good. I just hear he sucks all the time and wonder...even if he stayed healthy...how good could he have been with what he has had to work with? I mean, clearly he isn't a hall of famer because those guys somehow get shit done with very little but I'm not convinced that the likes of Stafford, Rivers, Ryan, Eli and the many other examples of that ilk would be where they are today if they had walked in the steps of Bradford since he entered the league. I'm not shedding tears for him as he's been paid very well but while QBs control a LOT of what makes them successful or unsuccessful, in Bradford's case it's cloudy...to me.

I think he should be allowed to punch Jeff Fisher in the face....and I think we should judge his talent based on that punch.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:50 pm

I watched the game last night and what I liked about the kid was his demeanor.  He gets picked on a batted ball and he didn't sulk.  His second pick was under thrown as he threw off his back leg, but he still walked off the field with his head up.  Even Cam is seen pouting during the game, or looking disgusted (drives me nuts).  Then when things started going the Broncos way, he wasn't all smiles jumping around like he's #1.  The stats weren't great for him, but he didn't seem to be over-whelmed by the whole situation.  The cameras even showed his parents in the stands, dad is a surgeon and mom is an emergency room nurse.  They too seemed calm, cool, and collected.  I guess they're used to high pressure situations every day of life and they seemed comfortable at the game.  The way they handle daily work pressures may have rubbed off on their kid.  I don't know, I kind of look at that sort of stuff too when watching a player.  His reactions after the plays.  I just liked the even-keeled look.

I also watched the press conference after the game with Gary Kubiak.  He basically said, look we see him everyday in practice, you guys don't and we know what we have and have all the confidence in him.  Asked about the 5 or 6 pass plays in a row to start the game and if it was planned that way?  Sure it was.  The first plays are scripted and if you tell a guy you have confidence in him and then he opens up the play book to see 10 run plays in a row to start the game, what kind of message does that send to him? 

Maybe Kubiak being an ex-QB and mostly a backup, he knows exactly how to handle Siemian.  Not a Broncos fan one way or the other, but I just like watching relatively unknowns like this prove themselves and even though the #'s weren't fantasy worthy, I'm going to be following how this plays out.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:24 pm

He "managed" the game...maybe better than Peyton. wink That's all they asked of him and he performed well enough to get the win...eerrr handed-off well enough... laughing Don't like him at all for fantasy, but early-on, looks like a good fit for the donkeys.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:44 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
He "managed" the game...maybe better than Peyton.  wink   That's all they asked of him and he performed well enough to get the win...eerrr handed-off well enough... laughing   Don't like him at all for fantasy, but early-on, looks like a good fit for the donkeys.

From a Raiders fan, this has to be considered a compliment. laughing   Honestly, I agree with what you said.  For fantasy purposes, it's a wait and see. But I like his fit Denver, and I like Kubiak being his coach.  And I just liked the way he handled himself on field.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:56 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

From a Raiders fan, this has to be considered a compliment. laughing   Honestly, I agree with what you said.  For fantasy purposes, it's a wait and see. But I like his fit Denver, and I like Kubiak being his coach.  And I just liked the way he handled himself on field.

yes

beat dead horse peeing

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:09 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

yes

beat dead horse peeing
ROFL ROTFLMAO   I don't see those emojies in my drop down menu. rofl rofl

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:18 am

sarcasm  >>>>>Can't get em' til you are in the big leagues...  duckhunt  

Click the happy face...then the arrow at the top that says "View more Emoticons"...A drop down window will offer several more option categories...have fun! party3  

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:29 am

Holy Crap!   embarrassed 

Sometime I wonder how I even function in life.  thank you

I will try to control myself.   excited dance

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:42 pm

One game is too early to tell anything, but it looks like Siemian is a decent stopgap alternative until the Broncos can get a real QB again... But with that defense and a good running game they don't currently need a real QB to win games... especially if their opponents are going to go out of their way to lose the games themselves... laughing

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:48 pm

Can they win a SB with him? I am not sure about that. The defense is very good, but man. I guess several QB's have won with great defenses.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Can they win a SB with him? I am not sure about that. The defense is very good, but man. I guess several QB's have won with great defenses.

I don't think they can.. there's always that time where you need a QB to lead a drive or whatever. I think the Donkeys will keep drafting QBs until they find one better than Siemian. Stinks for Lynch that he couldn't beat him out when given every opportunity to do so.

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:12 pm

They were trying their best to give the job to Lynch, but he really was awful. Never looked comfortable commanding the offense, and when he needed to step up in week 2, he flashed good rushing skills, but routinely threw to covered receivers when he had open ones underneath.

Seems like neither may be the long-term answer. That receiving corps will age out by the time they get a franchise guy.

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:13 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Trent Dilfer says you can. Hell, final season Peyton got benched for Brock Osweiler during a game. Of course, Trent Dilfer didn't have to deal with Tom Brady and the Pats and final season Peyton Manning was still Peyton Manning. Is it an ideal situation? Of course not, but it can be done.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:56 am

vote no

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:28 pm

I wonder who could have foreseen that Lynch wasn't good? lol3

Some "experts" should be stripped of their roles.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trevor Siemian QB DEN   

Back to top Go down

Trevor Siemian QB DEN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: