College Football

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:09 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Let's do it!

My first board bet! So we'll just have Andy pay the winner through the loser's RW bank account?

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:53 pm

Quote :
Lamar Jackson Declares for 2018 NFL Draft After 3 Years at Louisville

QB1

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:38 am

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Let's do it!

My first board bet! So we'll just have Andy pay the winner through the loser's RW bank account?

Yeah that works for me!

Back to top Go down
http://faketeams.com
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:41 am

California Nightmare wrote:
Quote :

QB1

Opinions like this will keep your banner Pink. He hurt his stock in the bowl game and he will drop because of it. QB1 among backups maybe.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:12 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Quote :

QB1

Opinions like this will keep your banner Pink.  He hurt his stock in the bowl game and he will drop because of it.  QB1 among backups maybe.

1 game. lol 2

that's why I consider fantasy analysts absolutely useless.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:18 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
Quote :

QB1

Opinions like this will keep your banner Pink.  He hurt his stock in the bowl game and he will drop because of it.  QB1 among backups maybe.
You're wrong here. He's a better pocket passer than everyone thinks and with his elite athleticism, will be fantasy gold.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:23 am

I will eat crow if I'm wrong on this but I highly doubt I will be. He will never be very good in the NFL.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:46 am

Bridgewater 2.0. QB2 ceiling. Nothing wrong with it, but there are 3QBs in this year’s draft I’ll take over him

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:05 am

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
I will eat crow if I'm wrong on this but I highly doubt I will be.  He will never be very good in the NFL.
Who would you consider the lowest rung on that "very good" ladder in terms of NFL QB's?

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:38 am

I will say he will never finish an NFL season as a top 12 quarterback. That would be a QB1. I don't expect him to be close to that even. He may go down the Pryor route and switch positions.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:49 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
I will say he will never finish an NFL season as a top 12 quarterback.  That would be a QB1.  I don't expect him to be close to that even.  He may go down the Pryor route and switch positions.

Ouch, the Pryor route.....Not the best prospect in this draft, but that seems a little off.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:03 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
I will say he will never finish an NFL season as a top 12 quarterback.  That would be a QB1.  I don't expect him to be close to that even.  He may go down the Pryor route and switch positions.

Obviously depends on his situation (see Goff, Jared) but I think he can definitely achieve that. Perhaps a boom/bust prospect but the notion that he is a WR (at least initially) is insane to me.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:53 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:

still a long ways to go (pro day, combine, draft) but I am feeling good about a board bet in the near future featuring you eating something but it won't be crow. coffee

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:49 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:

still a long ways to go (pro day, combine, draft) but I am feeling good about a board bet in the near future featuring you eating something but it won't be crow. coffee

PF Chang's?

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:10 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Alaska Arsenic wrote:

PF Chang's?

chang's is just a shittier panda express. shrug

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rottweilers

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Lamar Jackson = Tyrod Taylor. Not a QB1.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:30 pm

I see Tyrod as his ceiling. Better comp is RG3.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:38 pm

Alaska Arsenic wrote:
I see Tyrod as his ceiling.  Better comp is RG3.  

I need you to convince 11 other motherfuckers in the TT of this before RW draft day.

go. coffee

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:13 pm

Riverside Rottweilers wrote:
Lamar Jackson = Tyrod Taylor. Not a QB1.
laughing 

Jackson is a much better athlete for starters. Jackson also has the skills as a passer to make quick decisions and the arm to deliver the ball anywhere on the field. Tyrod is hesitant and never throws to the outside.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:03 pm

Jackson's athletic ability is out of this world but I think the issue with him is between the ears. His last couple college drives are perfect examples of that. In the bowl game trying to drive the team down the field he had no awareness of the playclock, either wasn't able to or wasn't allowed (neither good) to call own plays, and never looked a safety off. Even with 30 seconds left he was looking to sidelines for every play and the only game I saw him live he locked into receivers and missed a lot.

But who knows, all depends on the coach and scheme he gets into because he's got the physical gifts for sure.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:13 pm

He will be a flop.

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:54 pm

Yeah I think he’s a draft bust too.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:51 pm

Southside Spartans wrote:
Jackson's athletic ability is out of this world but I think the issue with him is between the ears.  His last couple college drives are perfect examples of that.  In the bowl game trying to drive the team down the field he had no awareness of the playclock, either wasn't able to or wasn't allowed (neither good) to call own plays, and never looked a safety off.  Even with 30 seconds left he was looking to sidelines for every play and the only game I saw him live he locked into receivers and missed a lot.

But who knows, all depends on the coach and scheme he gets into because he's got the physical gifts for sure.

It’s alarming that even after Petrino declared the coaches and team were going to force an under-center, pro-style philosophy onto the offense, Jackson looked that lost in important game situations. Maybe it’s th coaches. Maybe it’s the players around him. Maybe he had a bad couple months. Or, unfortunately because I’m rooting for Jackson and more broadly the long-overdue athletic revolution in the NFL, he’s an exceptional athlete who doesn’t have it between the ears.

But......... mebbe it’s the coaches:

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Thanks, Andy. The game is Tuesday. I conceived of this as loser pays the winner’s 2018 buy-in, so figured a simple transfer of RW bank funds next week would work. If that’s not possible, like you wouldn’t be able to move funds between RW bank accounts until like December 2018, then we can handle offsite. If you can process an RW transfer next week, though, I’d just as soon avoid the PayPal rake.

Also good for whatever Ghoji prefers.

yo collin I will get in on a separate board bet with you if I can choose my team tomorrow morning. eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:33 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Thanks, Andy. The game is Tuesday. I conceived of this as loser pays the winner’s 2018 buy-in, so figured a simple transfer of RW bank funds next week would work. If that’s not possible, like you wouldn’t be able to move funds between RW bank accounts until like December 2018, then we can handle offsite. If you can process an RW transfer next week, though, I’d just as soon avoid the PayPal rake.

yo collin I will get in on a separate board bet with you if I can choose my team tomorrow morning. eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:42 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:

you look like a fucking genius right now.

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:49 pm

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Tenafly Vipers wrote:

you look like a fucking genius right now.

Dang dude don't jinx me. Bama put like 14 on Clemson in 90 seconds. Lots of potential fumbles and pick-sixes to go.

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:09 pm

This kid Tagovailoa obviously has talent but to take your 2 year starting QB out for a freshman in the national championship game and play him an entire quarter is really ballsy. If this doesn't work Saban's going to have a long week.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:20 pm

This kid Tagovailoa obviously has talent but to take your 2 year starting QB out for a freshman in the national championship game and play him an entire quarter is really ballsy.  If this doesn't work Saban's going to have a long week.

Now he goes with a freshman RB.  Shocked  I guess Saban ain't just sitting back and letting the chips fall where they may.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:00 pm

oh fuck

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:06 pm

Wow, just wow. Gotta love kickers... At least we get more of this game because it's been fun.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:10 pm

HOLY FUCK! surprised

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:11 pm

what the fucking fuck

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:12 pm

That kid's got stones. What an ending

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:15 pm

That kid's got stones.  What an ending

No Kiddin.  16yd sack, 41yd TD. Shocked

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:17 pm

Wow. Bama with a real quarterback. And he's 18. Goddammit.

Oh, well. Georgia still covered my bet!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:12 am

Tenafly Vipers wrote:
Wow. Bama with a real quarterback. And he's 18. Goddammit.

Oh, well. Georgia still covered my bet!

Picked Bama to cover by 4. I’m sad.

Back to top Go down
Alaska Arsenic

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:55 am

So since Fromm looked incredible down the stretch at QB for UGA as a frosh, his backup has decided to transfer to Washington.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Yesterday at 6:53 am

Quote :
Washington State University quarterback Tyler Hilinski died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, police said on Tuesday.

Hilinski, 21, was discovered in his apartment next to a rifle and a suicide note, Pullman police said. Authorities said they conducted a welfare check on Hilinski after he failed to show up for practice earlier in the day.

Hilinski, a redshirt sophomore, was set to take over the starting quarterback job next season for the departing Luke Falk. Hilinski started the team’s Holiday Bowl loss to Michigan State because Falk was unable to play due to a wrist injury.

Hilinski appeared in eight games during his sophomore season, throwing for 1,176 yards and seven touchdowns. His most memorable game came in the second week of the season when he led Washington State from a 21-point deficit in the fourth quarter to beat Boise State 47-44 in triple overtime. Hilinski threw for 240 yards and three touchdowns coming off the bench.

His only start came in the bowl game against Michigan State, although he played extensively in a loss to Arizona.

“We are deeply saddened to hear the news of Tyler’s passing,” Washington State head coach Mike Leach said in a statement. “He was an incredible young man and everyone who had the privilege of knowing him was better for it. The entire WSU community mourns as thoughts and prayers go out to his family.”

Back to top Go down
Southside Spartans

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Yesterday at 7:01 am

Wow, only 21 years old. Hate hearing these type of stories

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Yesterday at 7:08 am

Heard about this on the radio coming in to work this morning. It is extremely sad and a sick reminder that depression can hit anyone.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Yesterday at 12:18 pm

Going through borderline depression shit right now I cannot imagine thinking suicide....These people must have real mental issues to do that. So sad.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Yesterday at 12:59 pm

Just crazy. I feel terrible for his family.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: College Football   Yesterday at 4:34 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Going through borderline depression shit right now

ben is no longer in control of your roster.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Football   

Back to top Go down

College Football
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Free For All-
Jump to: