:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Eli Rogers WR PIT

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raleigh Pride

PostSubject: Eli Rogers WR PIT   Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:02 pm

Some reports out that Eli Rogers could man the slot for Pittsburgh and push Sammie Coates to the bench. http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Staying-strong-pays-off-for-Rogers/3c2baa00-ddb9-4696-ace0-0d7d8af8cdf4

I watched Rogers a lot in college with Louisville and he's a natural slot guy, which you don't see a lot of in the NFL.  I think he can definitely carve out a big role as a PPR threat, especially if Green is out and who knows with Wheaton.

Back to top Go down
http://www.PackPride.com
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Eli Rogers WR PIT   Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:05 pm

Coates just isn't very good. Either is Wheaton. With Druggy out, they are really shallow behind AB.

Back to top Go down
Raleigh Pride

PostSubject: Re: Eli Rogers WR PIT   Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:18 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Coates just isn't very good. Either is Wheaton. With Druggy out, they are really shallow behind AB.

Yep, I think if Rogers can translate his practice success over there's a chance he can get a good number of targets.

Back to top Go down
http://www.PackPride.com
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Eli Rogers WR PIT   Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:24 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I'm still holding out hope for Sammie, but yeah, looks like Eli is going to be a solid pick in this offense.

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Eli Rogers WR PIT   Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:59 am

Straight up Gangsta, G!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Eli Rogers WR PIT   Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:36 pm

Quote :
Ben Roethlisberger believes slow WR Eli Rogers can help take pressure off Antonio Brown.

The more he can work the middle, the more safeties will have to respect him and stop cheating on AB," Roethlisberger said. A second-year UDFA, Rogers describes himself as a bit of a Stevie Johnson-esque route runner. "I feel like I'm a great illusionist if you will," Rogers said. "It's all about angles and what the defense is looking at." By every indication, Rogers will open the year in three-receiver sets, kicking Markus Wheaton to the outside and Sammie Coates to the bench.

Funny typo by rotoworld. laughing

Picked him up in a few spots. Would be nice if he pans out.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Eli Rogers WR PIT   Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:47 pm

I'm reading the posted quote and I'm trying to figure out how a slow WR helps. I guess I should have read your post too. Typo? I go back up and try to solve the word problem. Ahhhh, slot WR. laughing

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Eli Rogers WR PIT   Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:00 am

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
I'm reading the posted quote and I'm trying to figure out how a slow WR helps.  I guess I should have read your post too.  Typo?  I go back up and try to solve the word problem.  Ahhhh, slot WR.  laughing

Wow, I hadn't even twigged that - I really just thought they were saying he was slow...

I feel better about picking him up now!

doh

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eli Rogers WR PIT   

Back to top Go down

Eli Rogers WR PIT
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: