HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Malcolm Mitchell WR NEP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Malcolm Mitchell WR NEP   Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:12 pm

That elbow injury didn't look good for Mitchell.  The left elbow bent the wrong way, kind of like a knee injury where the knee bends the wrong way.  He was helped to the locker room and appeared to be in pain.  He was having a good first half too with 55yds on 4 catches.  

Tough break for the Eternals & Knights.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Mitchell WR NEP   Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:33 pm

Yeah, that looked terrible. Hopefully he's alright, you'd think he'd surely start out on at least the pup.

https://twitter.com/ugafootballlive/status/763909770537467909

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Mitchell WR NEP   Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:01 pm

He had a couple of trainers going to the locker room with him and they were holding his arm. The TV guys thought it was a shoulder issue with the way they were walking him to the locker room. That was until the showed the replay. Yuck!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Mitchell WR NEP   Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:58 pm

The Boston Herald reports Patriots WR Malcolm Mitchell has been diagnosed with a dislocated left elbow, but may only miss four weeks.

The injury had the looks of a potential season-ender, so it's extremely good news. It still knocks Mitchell out for the rest of the preseason, and leaves him doubtful for Week 1. He needs a Friday MRI to confirm the extent of the damage. Either way, injured reserve is probably no longer in his future. Mitchell is an intriguing stash in Dynasty leagues, but not a re-draft consideration.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Mitchell WR NEP   Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:08 am

England Dragons wrote:
The Boston Herald reports Patriots WR Malcolm Mitchell has been diagnosed with a dislocated left elbow, but may only miss four weeks.

The injury had the looks of a potential season-ender, so it's extremely good news. It still knocks Mitchell out for the rest of the preseason, and leaves him doubtful for Week 1. He needs a Friday MRI to confirm the extent of the damage. Either way, injured reserve is probably no longer in his future. Mitchell is an intriguing stash in Dynasty leagues, but not a re-draft consideration.

Wow, that would have to be the best news considering how it looked. For his sake, I hope that's the scenario.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Mitchell WR NEP   Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:10 am

I would still bet PUP on this. I call bullshit on 4 weeks.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Mitchell WR NEP   Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:05 pm

Saw that on Twitter too. Even if they do PUP him, that would be better than what it first looked like. I assumed he would miss the whole season like Eifert did a few years ago

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Mitchell WR NEP   Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:44 pm

Barring Malcolm Mitchell having a buddy named Oscar Goldman, who knows a Doctor named Rudy Wells, Mitchell will not be playing contact football in 4 weeks. If he is then that is just reckless shit and he will re-injure it or another part of the limb in short order. That looked like a fairly significant dislocation, not some half out and slide back in a second later type.

2cents

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Mitchell WR NEP   Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:49 am

Ugh...hate when I have to wait to see the guys I really like coming into the league. The shit show that is New Englands WR corps had me salivating at Mitchell (especially because nobody was talking about him) and now he's gonna be behind even if the result is he gets back a few weeks into the season. From a personal standpoint, I have to consider 2016 a bust now. I gotta hope he gets healthy and grows in other ways with the team so he can emerge even bigger in 2017 than I had hoped for this year...but with Brady nearing the end who the hell even knows if this will pan out.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Mitchell WR NEP   Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:26 pm

All the word out of NE says Mitchell's tests say he avoided any other injury except for the dislocated elbow. Willing to bet he avoids PUP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm Mitchell WR NEP   

Back to top Go down

Malcolm Mitchell WR NEP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: