Share | 

Devante Parker vs. Treadwell

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Who you like better RW?  

Treadwell could easily be the WR1 in Minny but will get double teamed.  Parker is the WR2, and wont face double teams.

Parker has a crowded backfield, Treadwell is probably eating pizza with Teddy nightly going over plays.

I like Parker still by 2 peapods because I am a Gase fan.

Anyone agree or ya on the teddywell bandwagon?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:08 pm

Parker

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:19 pm

Parker. Not close.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:22 pm

I really want to love Treadwell. Like, great hands, fast, and since he's a first round pick, you gotta think he will get thrown to. Problem: Teddy Bridgewater is throwing to him, and AP is going to get much of the offensive plays. Not a pass first offense.

Then again, I don't think much of Ryan Tannehill. So maybe they both will be equally mediocre this year? Still like Devante Parker a lot better, though, in 2016.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:35 pm

sick

Landry.

and Diggs a little.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:59 am

I think it will be interesting to watch how this turns out over the next 3 years.  Devante will have a year learning the playbook over Treadwell since he entered the NFL a year early even though he was basically injured his rookie year.  Which may or may not matter, but they both have a high level of opportunity.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:05 am

Parker by a bunch. Consider the offenses that they play in and consider the QBs.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:07 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Parker. Not close.

agree

But I'm very high on Parker.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:54 am

I'd take Treadwell. Too many mouths to feed in Miami. Comparing QB's is trivial.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:56 am

I dont think it is landslide by any means.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:50 am

I'll take Treadwell 100 times out of 100...

Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:55 am

Treadwell! Shawn is right, too many options in Miami!

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:47 pm

Yeah Landry is gonna get so many targets I couldn't even look at Parker. But I went that keen on treadwell coming out of the draft either. Nice hands but he never separates. Probably pass on both to be honest

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:30 pm

Edinburgh Galacticos wrote:
Yeah Landry is gonna get so many targets I couldn't even look at Parker. But I went that keen on treadwell coming out of the draft either. Nice hands but he never separates. Probably pass on both to be honest

Whenever I hear somebody say that "Treadwell never separates", I immediately know that they are either just parroting what they have heard others say or they are just assuming becuase he supposedly doesn't have good speed... I know they haven't spent any real time studying his game.

Go watch the tape that is out there... Treadwell typically saw his opponents best cover guys and oftentimes drew additional safety help as well, yet he got separation and was open consistently in the best conference in all of college football. He is a good enough route runner and has good short area quickness and body control which he uses very well to gain separation and get open, and those things are far more important to getting open than straight up 40 time speed...

And even on those plays where he didn't gain separation, he was still usually "open enough" becuase of his ability to go after the ball and box out or straight up outmuscle his opponent.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:38 pm

Normally I would agree with you and it's a pet hate of mine too when people regurgitate the commonly used slights on players but in this case I saw it for myself. I watched a good bit of his stuff maybe 4 full games and various other cut ups and I kept coming back to it. Don't get me wrong he's an impressive player and he could do well but it's a genuine concern.

Take for example Fuller from notre dame. He can separate as well as anyone I've seen but he catches like shit. And I'm not talking about th drops. He catches with his chest and never high points the ball.

These 2 are interesting because they have the exact opposite problem. I love he way treadwell catches and body control is really good but I have watched the tape and way too many are contested. I don't see much variation in his route running either. Be interesting to see how they use him and do they take the training bra off Teddy.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:39 pm

And by the way Chris - 'go watch the tape' is just as annoying as anyone parroting things they have heard. It's not a real argument. And the lack of speed really worries me too.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:56 pm

Paul, saying that Treadwell is impressive but you still have some concern about this or that is a totally fine and rational statement... There isn't a single player in the league that doesn't have cons to their game to go along with the pros... But when you say that he "never separates" that is just a blanket statement that happens to be a completely false statement as well. Treadwell has his share of haters and that type of argument seems to be their calling card...

Didn't mean to be an asshole or sound bitchy with my post, sorry about that, I am just sick of hearing those simpleton blanket statements from many in the fantasy community, and not just in regards to Treadwell, though the ones regarding him have been really out of control this offseason.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:53 pm

Looks like we are going to be treated to some good Chris/Pzo in-depth player discussions going forward.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:40 pm

rock on
Apalachicola Oysters wrote:
Looks like we are going to be treated to some good Chris/Pzo in-depth player discussions going forward.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:56 pm

Hey Paul...FYI....you have just passed checkpoint 1 of making it in this league... ROFL

Checkpoint 1: Get into an argument over a player with Chris

The important thing to know when entering these non-negotiable waters....Chris can take a lickin' so he's allowed to dish it out so make sure you have protective gear in place before wading into his pool. As your guide, I'll point to the Markus Wheaton thread (or is it Martavis Bryant's?) for the chapter of the book where Chris and I had our fun.

Anyway....enjoy the ride!!!!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:03 pm

If they get into a fight I blame Treadwell.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Fuck that...clearly it would be Devante Parkers fault.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:51 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Now Wait, it cant be Parker's fault he isnt a Viking.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Worse...he's a Dolphin. And a Viking could decapitate a Dolphin with their sword. lol3

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:46 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Worse...he's a Dolphin.  And a Viking could decapitate a Dolphin with their sword.  lol3

Not true...We all know vikings cannot swim!

wink

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:43 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Worse...he's a Dolphin.  And a Viking could decapitate a Dolphin with their sword.  lol3

Yeah, but a Viking would beat up a Dolphin, surely...?

unsure

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:48 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:

Not true...We all know vikings cannot swim!

wink

Right but if you know you can't swim you don't go in the water. And Dolphins are not smart like Jaws. Vikings win.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:50 pm

Vikings only beat their biggest foes twice in the last 6 years.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:46 am

Haha good stuff. Hey Chris no worries here I love a debate look forward to many more. You're probably right too, I exaggerated with the blanket statement I know he CAN separate, but certainly not at the level you would want to see.

I think the Beckham thing has made 'separation' a much bigger issue than it used to. Beckham has unreal speed, separation and route running ability & every college player is being compared to him now because he is setting the benchmark. Also treadwells skill set should sit in with a receiver who is 6'4+, but he's only 6'1 if I remember. That's another alarm bell to me. But like you say, everyone has cons.

Ok the subject then...who did you have as best receiver in the class? I had Doctson - I think Skins have got one hell of a player there. Like Coleman too but he is in a bad situation.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:46 am

Ok the subject then...who did you have as best receiver in the class? I had Doctson - I think Skins have got one hell of a player there. Like Coleman too but he is in a bad situation.

I would consider a couple WRs that went to bad situations turn out well.

Josh Gordon was in that same bad situation and rocked.

Calvin really only ever had himself and wasnt really on a good team when he was drafted

I dont know that Hopkins ever really had a good QB, have to see if he has one now still TBD.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:13 am

I remember watching a Lions' game last year and was shocked at the number of balls thrown in Calvin's direction that were absolutely uncatchable.  He had an amazing career but his numbers probably should be at least 25% better than they are had the QB play been better.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:03 am

I think the only good thing Treadwell does is separate. He wins in the 1st 5 yards or he's toast.

Fuller on the other hand, could only separate in college because he was so much faster than his competition. In the NFL, he's not really going to be all that fast. I'd be surprised if he ever becomes a top 2 WR for the Texans.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Haha good stuff. Hey Chris no worries here I love a debate look forward to many more. You're probably right too, I exaggerated with the blanket statement I know he CAN separate, but certainly not at the level you would want to see.

I think the Beckham thing has made 'separation' a much bigger issue than it used to. Beckham has unreal speed, separation and route running ability & every college player is being compared to him now because he is setting the benchmark. Also treadwells skill set should sit in with a receiver who is 6'4+, but he's only 6'1 if I remember. That's another alarm bell to me. But like you say, everyone has cons.

I had Treadwell as my no. 1 receiver in this class from all the way back during last season, and despite the media's attempt to knock him down for no other reason than his 40 time, I never budged. I like Doctson and Coleman as well, but Treadwell ranks higher on my charts... Treadwell is actually 6'-2" and some places even listed him at 6'-3", and he is 210-215 lbs. I see him very much as a Michael Irvin type in the NFL, even before Irvin himself started saying that Treadwell reminded him of himself! Anyhow, he isn't super flashy, but I think he is going to produce consistently in the NFL, just like Irvin did... I believe Treadwell has a higher floor than Doctson or Coleman and nearly the same amount of upside.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:20 pm

Re. Fuller I agree. I'm actually a Notre Dame fan on college ball saw every one of his games this let 2 years. I only brought him up as he's an interesting comparison to Chris's main man Treadwell. I think fuller will have an average career at best IF he can take coaching on how to catch against NFL DBs.

No offence Chris you seem like you know what your talking about but it doesn't lead to very balanced evaluations if you make your mind up that he is your top guy months before the season has ended. All you end up doing is seeing what you want to see to prove yourself right. Now it's easier said than done, I'm human too and I get favourites but I try really hard to keep balanced so that I'm not looking for what I want to see. Sure you understand that as someone who gets frustrated when media influences people's Eval...

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:22 pm

And a good example of that is McCaffrey. I absofreeking love this kid out of Stanford. He could spend the next season dancing about and fumbling I'd still probably tell you he's the best RB in the class. So I understand bias can sometimes get the better of you!

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:21 pm

In a vacuum, id say its pretty close, but the value shopper in me says Treadwell.

I think the hype around Parker is much higher than Treadwell, so you could probably get Treadwell at a cheaper price. Not sure if "price" should be included in the comparison, but Tread presents a better value.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:11 pm

Re. Fuller I agree. I'm actually a Notre Dame fan on college ball saw every one of his games this let 2 years. I only brought him up as he's an interesting comparison to Chris's main man Treadwell. I think fuller will have an average career at best IF he can take coaching on how to catch against NFL DBs.

No offence Chris you seem like you know what your talking about but it doesn't lead to very balanced evaluations if you make your mind up that he is your top guy months before the season has ended. All you end up doing is seeing what you want to see to prove yourself right. Now it's easier said than done, I'm human too and I get favourites but I try really hard to keep balanced so that I'm not looking for what I want to see. Sure you understand that as someone who gets frustrated when media influences people's Eval...

Paul, I don't really play favorites, I didn't just decide Treadwell was my favorite and make him my #1 WR no matter what... I just had a high grade on him during and after my WR scouting for this year and none of the other guys ended up surpassing him. I don't put much stock into 40 times as they relate to a WR's ability to get open, so I wasn't swayed to change my grade on him due to all the waste of time crap about his speed. He's not my no. 1 receiver because he is a favorite, I just have him graded slightly higher than the other guys, simple as that, really...

Actually I don't really have any favorites in fantasy, the way I scout players is like I mentioned to you, I evaluate the pros and cons with every player (and every player has both) and then I temper that with situation and opportunity. So many fantasy owners are way too black and white with players, I am not like that and a lot of times I enjoy presenting arguments for the players that many fantasy owners have just written off or are down on (see Markus Wheaton, Teddy Bridgewater, etc...). It's funny actually, because then I get accused of loving these terrible players or whatever... the truth is I actually don't have any favorites, but at the same time I don't have very many players I fully hate either, I try to find the value that all players in the NFL have and I enjoy hunting down players that I think are overlooked and undervalued, and I am always looking to build teams with as much depth as possible...

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:15 pm

Everyone has favorites.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:21 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Everyone has favorites.

laughing Best response ever. Well done Carla. laughing

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:29 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Everyone has favorites.

agree

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:36 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Everyone has favorites.

laughing Best response ever. Well done Carla. laughing
cheers

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:47 pm

There are players I value over others in terms of fantasy, but no favorites... I follow no team in the NFL and have no particular player(s) that I root for...

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:21 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Everyone has favorites.

You mean like Nick is your favorite around here?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:27 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Everyone has favorites.

I think Carla has warmed up. We are chums.

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:59 am

Fair enough Chris if you have no favourites you are definitely unique.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:12 am

I think the term favorite would include players that you value higher (or considerably higher) than the norm. I have a man-crush on Yeldon - I admit that.

Chris - perhaps a Pittsburgh receiver with the initials MW might fall into this category for you... wink

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:55 am

eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:26 am

England Dragons wrote:
eating popcorn

laughing ROFL laughing

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:59 am

North Wales Knights wrote:
I think the term favorite would include players that you value higher (or considerably higher) than the norm. I have a man-crush on Yeldon - I admit that.

Chris - perhaps a Pittsburgh receiver with the initials MW might fall into this category for you... wink

laughing

Well, I can tell you that across my 7 dynasty rosters, I don't own a single share of MW... I just wasn't able to get him because others were willing to bid higher and spend more than I was... so I don't think I really qualify as someone who values him higher than the norm, otherwise I would have been able to pick him up in several leagues where he was available...

I just like to argue with people like Andy who value him far less than the norm. If you look back through any post I made on Wheaton you will not find any argument that he is some great player with tons of value, you will simply find basic arguments usually backed by the stats that show that he has more value than someone who is undervaluing him is willing to admit... My argument for Wheaton has always been that he does have some value, especially as a depth WR4 or 5... and the stats show that he is actually fairly efficient with the targets he gets and they also show that he is improving over the last couple of seasons and that should continue as he may get even more targets this year. I have never argued that he is some stud, he never will be, but anyone saying that MW (and other players like him) have no value or usefulness on a fantasy roster is very shortsighted and completely undervaluing those 'role player' depth guys... That is the only point I have ever tried to make with guys like MW, and I find it funny how that gets misconstrued, perhaps purposely, as these are players that I love or value so much higher than the norm... laughing

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:08 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Everyone has favorites.

Wait.....what?   doh

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devante Parker vs. Treadwell   

Back to top Go down

Devante Parker vs. Treadwell
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: