HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Fantasy Insanity Podcast

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:31 pm

I've really enjoyed this show since it was created and if you haven't already, you should check it out.

Sadly this week I won't get any new content because my episode is up so here is the link
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fantasyinsanity/2016/07/12/fantasy-insanity-ep16-pt-1-roster-wars

I think we should point out errors I made, stupid shit I said or generally trash me for something or other...especially since there are two more episodes to go. What did I forget to mention? What was the worst?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:25 am

Saw this "not new" commercial on youtube and laughed...Roster Wars wants the "Bills" of the world.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:44 am

been listening since I heard you were going to be on - good stuff - nice to hear about different leagues instead of all the same player regurgitation

will listen to yours soon

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:04 am

There was one thing you said........LOL

It was about fantasy scheduling on MFL being so repetitive, which I agree with you to some extent.  You were mentioning how if you use the options they give yearly you end up playing the same 3 teams every year at the start of the season because it merely mimics the year before.  

2 thoughts on this:  It wont happen to some leagues because they do randomize divisions yearly (so MFL likely hasnt looked into fixing this because it isnt broken for most leagues)

Next for leagues where you do not randomize divisions there is an area where you can "rearrange franchises in the fantasy schedule"  This allows a few moves of swapping where you would be in MFL's spot and then when you set the schedule you play other teams.

But for RW I like how you do it regardless.....but for some who may have heard that it isnt a setting commishes mess with much but it is available.

I loved hearing about league.  Nicely done by both of you

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:05 am

"Your records and titles elsewhere mean nothing to us." I love it, especially since my records in some other leagues aren't so hot...

Great job on the podcast Andy. Listening to this makes me even more honored to be part of this group.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:19 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I've really enjoyed this show since it was created and if you haven't already, you should check it out.

Sadly this week I won't get any new content because my episode is up so here is the link
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fantasyinsanity/2016/07/12/fantasy-insanity-ep16-pt-1-roster-wars

I think we should point out errors I made, stupid shit I said or generally trash me for something or other...especially since there are two more episodes to go.  What did I forget to mention? What was the worst?

Have you, or anyone else in the league, considered having a weekly "Roster Wars" podcast? Not only a podcast that lays out how the league did, but also goes balls deep into fantasy stats, etc? I'd be willing to help with this (as I manage my own, non-fantasy football related podcast that I publish periodically).

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:23 am

Sorry to monopolize this thread, but I love the phrase "I want 23 other people screaming 'No!' at their television because they don't want that guy to 'tap our pot.'"

The phrase "tap our pot" sounds oddly sexual, at least to me. Or maybe a drug reference?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:16 pm

just started listening and its funny I've listened to Andy do podcast before and never heard the Ray Ramono voice but I definitely hear it here - don't know if its subliminal message or maybe better/worse sound quality but its definitely there

mock

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:23 pm

I am about 7 minutes in and loving it.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:29 pm

It was really good. Christ, wish I could be in a league this good one day.

love

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:09 pm

GREAT STUFF GUYS - CANT WAIT TIL THE NEXT INSTALLMENT

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:16 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
There was one thing you said........LOL

It was about fantasy scheduling on MFL being so repetitive, which I agree with you to some extent.  You were mentioning how if you use the options they give yearly you end up playing the same 3 teams every year at the start of the season because it merely mimics the year before.  

2 thoughts on this:  It wont happen to some leagues because they do randomize divisions yearly (so MFL likely hasnt looked into fixing this because it isnt broken for most leagues)

Next for leagues where you do not randomize divisions there is an area where you can "rearrange franchises in the fantasy schedule"  This allows a few moves of swapping where you would be in MFL's spot and then when you set the schedule you play other teams.

But for RW I like how you do it regardless.....but for some who may have heard that it isnt a setting commishes mess with much but it is available.

I loved hearing about league.  Nicely done by both of you

Not surprised to find out there are things in that area that I was unaware of.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:19 pm

Shaferville Stars wrote:

I think we should point out errors I made, stupid shit I said or generally trash me for something or other...especially since there are two more episodes to go.  What did I forget to mention? What was the worst?

Have you, or anyone else in the league, considered having a weekly "Roster Wars" podcast? Not only a podcast that lays out how the league did, but also goes balls deep into fantasy stats, etc? I'd be willing to help with this (as I manage my own, non-fantasy football related podcast that I publish periodically).

I did some podcasts early on...not on a regular basis or anything. Would like to do more in the future so we'll definitely chat about it soon. When it's just me it's "eh" but I've had quite a few folks tell me I should do one (not necessarily FF related) based on the way I can easily go off the rails in conversations in a way that entertains people. Are they laughing with me or at me is the question?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:21 pm

Shaferville Stars wrote:
Sorry to monopolize this thread, but I love the phrase "I want 23 other people screaming 'No!' at their television because they don't want that guy to 'tap our pot.'"

The phrase "tap our pot" sounds oddly sexual, at least to me. Or maybe a drug reference?

It was definitely meant as a sexual thing...and often time was here big time...on John's show I refrained from talking about the easy lil' floozy that was our progressive pot in the past.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:24 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
just started listening and its funny I've listened to Andy do podcast before and never heard the Ray Ramono voice but I definitely hear it here - don't know if its subliminal message or maybe better/worse sound quality but its definitely there

mock

There was a sound issue with my laptop so I had to borrow the neighbors that day....Val said she hears it here too but that in real life I sound nothing like him. The inside joke I referred to somewhere is because occasionally I have tried to do a Ramano impression when he says his wifes name "Debraaaaaaahhhh" to which she says I suck at the impression and I laugh because she feels that way.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:59 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

mock

There was a sound issue with my laptop so I had to borrow the neighbors that day....Val said she hears it here too but that in real life I sound nothing like him.  The inside joke I referred to somewhere is because occasionally I have tried to do a Ramano impression when he says his wifes name "Debraaaaaaahhhh" to which she says I suck at the impression and I laugh because she feels that way.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:42 pm

Had to listen twice, well almost...Fell asleep while John was reading the pre-amble from "The Front Porch:  Read this first".  In fairness, I was listening around 2am... sleep  

Enjoyed it, thought it was an excellent representation, even John seemed excited to be talking with you about it.  Definitely got the sense that RW is something special...Look forward to the next installments, Ray. laughing

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:00 pm

Anyone know how to download the podcast? I listen online but get disconnected and it forces me to start from the beginning again.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:15 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Anyone know how to download the podcast? I listen online but get disconnected and it forces me to start from the beginning again.

Fantasy Insanity is on Itunes. That's where I get stuff to listen to at work.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:22 am

I didn't find anything wrong with what you said Andy. Thought you did a good job.

I'm just shocked he doesn't play in any IDP leagues? Figure someone who does a fantasy podcast should know all levels of fantasy football, from IDP to standard shrug

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:28 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I didn't find anything wrong with what you said Andy.  Thought you did a good job.  

I'm just shocked he doesn't play in any IDP leagues?  Figure someone who does a fantasy podcast should know all levels of fantasy football, from IDP to standard shrug

I think John does a great job and his enthusiasm is what drives the show IMO. It'll actually be great to hear how it evolves as he discovers other areas of the hobby. Hopefully when he's ready for IDP, he'll think this is the best place to jump in.

I love this show and actually am bummed on some level that my episodes are up because it's like a bye week when I'm at work...it's so refreshing to me to hear about league ideas and setup stuff versus another set up rankings or mock draft shit as if any of it is all that different.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:10 pm

Part 2 of 3 is out now too...

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fantasyinsanity/2016/07/14/fantasy-insanity-ep-16-pt2-roster-wars

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:22 pm

Good stuff!
Except you have conveniently forgotten how I hate the CB scoring laughing

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:33 pm

The best part was the story of the 1st seed calling out the 2nd seed and it backfired, and everybody laughed. ROFL

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:18 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Good stuff!
Except you have conveniently forgotten how I hate the CB scoring laughing

I did. And I'm gonna keep forgetting it into the future because it makes for a nicer story.

PS. The scoring was steered more by others than me (I think) but I've seen no problem with it.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:35 am

I liked part 2 better than part 1. Can't wait until part 3.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:46 pm

This is a great way to listen to the bylaws on audio.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:18 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
This is a great way to listen to the bylaws on audio.

Haha, it just reminds you how badass this league is. Even John who runs the podcast is blown away.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:08 pm

I find it amusing that it's 3 parts and we didn't talk about quite a few things or not much anyway. Feel bad though that his listeners get 3 straight episodes of me.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:53 pm

"Pick a side, in or out"

GOOD STUFF!

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:40 pm

Just listened to both part 1 and part 2 in their entirety. Enjoyed my Steelcat plug for eating the toughest schedule. Think I even had back to back years of that. Just happy for the plug for my 2 cat fan base. Two paws up! wink

Who ever mentioned Andy sounds like Ray Romano nailed that. Kudos! thumbsup

Now the big Q. How did Andy manage to talk for 40 odd minutes and then 50 minutes which equals an hour and half and not swear?!?!?! That too me was the most unbelievable thing I took away. Wow, only remotely sums up my thoughts on that. shocking

Sound quality was very good too, apparently that modern techno is improving only a lil break down in the sound quality as the eps were closing where a lil tin sound came into play.

All in all Andy rep'd the league real well. Came off good and didn't fumble or bumble his words. Had a professional feel to it. Well Done! vote yes

That's the view from my side of the desk ... coffee

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:47 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Just listened to both part 1 and part 2 in their entirety.  Enjoyed my Steelcat plug for eating the toughest schedule.  Think I even had back to back years of that.  Just happy for the plug for my 2 cat fan base.  Two paws up! wink

Who ever mentioned Andy sounds like Ray Romano nailed that.  Kudos! thumbsup

Now the big Q.  How did Andy manage to talk for 40 odd minutes and then 50 minutes which equals an hour and half and not swear?!?!?!  That too me was the most unbelievable thing I took away.  Wow, only remotely sums up my thoughts on that. shocking

Sound quality was very good too, apparently that modern techno is improving only a lil break down in the sound quality as the eps were closing where a lil tin sound came into play.

All in all Andy rep'd the league real well.  Came off good and didn't fumble or bumble his words.  Had a professional feel to it.  Well Done!  vote yes

That's the view from my side of the desk ...  coffee

And he hasn't said 'anyhoo' yet either. surprised

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:10 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Just listened to both part 1 and part 2 in their entirety.  Enjoyed my Steelcat plug for eating the toughest schedule.  Think I even had back to back years of that.  Just happy for the plug for my 2 cat fan base.  Two paws up! wink

Who ever mentioned Andy sounds like Ray Romano nailed that.  Kudos! thumbsup

Now the big Q.  How did Andy manage to talk for 40 odd minutes and then 50 minutes which equals an hour and half and not swear?!?!?!  That too me was the most unbelievable thing I took away.  Wow, only remotely sums up my thoughts on that. shocking

All in all Andy rep'd the league real well.  Came off good and didn't fumble or bumble his words.  Had a professional feel to it.  Well Done!  vote yes

That's the view from my side of the desk ...  coffee

And he hasn't said 'anyhoo' yet either. surprised

Could play a drinking game and take a shot for every time he said, "Folks". Just kidding.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:32 pm

Yeah, I sound nothing like Ramano in real life. Despite what you have all heard, I often go long periods of time without cursing (I have an excellent on/off switch) because of all the times when kids are around. As for "Anywho"....things come and go as I'm sure they do with others...I once got shit for saying "goddamn" too much and "cunt" is clearly had it's number called a time or two....you never know what will be the word of the day/week/month with me.

All that said, the cleanliness of my mouth in these episodes really should be offset by me doing an RW exclusive show or something.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:59 pm

Yeah, I sound nothing like Ramano in real life.  Despite what you have all heard, I often go long periods of time without cursing (I have an excellent on/off switch) because of all the times when kids are around.  As for "Anywho"....things come and go as I'm sure they do with others...I once got shit for saying "goddamn" too much and "cunt" is clearly had it's number called a time or two....you never know what will be the word of the day/week/month with me.

All that said, the cleanliness of my mouth in these episodes really should be offset by me doing an RW exclusive show or something.  
vote yes

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:42 am

Yeah, I sound nothing like Ramano in real life.  Despite what you have all heard, I often go long periods of time without cursing (I have an excellent on/off switch) because of all the times when kids are around.  As for "Anywho"....things come and go as I'm sure they do with others...I once got shit for saying "goddamn" too much and "cunt" is clearly had it's number called a time or two....you never know what will be the word of the day/week/month with me.

Sometimes it's good to not use foul language, especially doing a podcast. So if you need to curse, then let it out in here and you will feel much better vote yes

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:01 pm

Podcasts were great Andrew, listened to all 3 back to back - got me well excited to get involved in this.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:26 pm

Finally had a chance to listen to part 1. Will get through the other 2 tomorrow probably. Great stuff. Our league really is the best

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:18 am

just listened to part 2 - great stuff andy - of course

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:58 pm

I read and studied the bylaws, but I learned more from these podcasts about the league than I did from reading the rules. Great job as always Andrew.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:02 pm

Shaferville Stars wrote:
I read and studied the bylaws, but I learned more from these podcasts about the league than I did from reading the rules. Great job as always Andrew.

Yeah, Andy explains it all well. It's like a book on tape!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:14 pm

Got through parts 2 and 3 today. Great job representing the league. I understand why we got more interest from it!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:42 pm

Yep - finished part 3 last night. Great job Andy and John - enjoyed listening to all 3 and you did a proper job of highlighting how special this place is.

bow

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:18 pm

Just listened to all of them, and oddly I thought you sound the same as you do in person. Normally people sound different on recordings.

Listening to these was basically a typical day at work for me, but at work, you talk even longer, and swear quite a bit more. I'm surprised you we're able to keep it PG.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:00 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
Just listened to all of them, and oddly I thought you sound the same as you do in person. Normally people sound different on recordings.

Listening to these was basically a typical day at work for me, but at work, you talk even longer, and swear quite a bit more. I'm surprised you we're able to keep it PG.

I only swear more at work because...

A. outside of work I have to deal with kids or stuff like this where it should be PG
B. we work with stupid lazy narcissistic fuckin' dumbos
C. cause I FUCKing want to

lol3

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:31 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:

I only swear more at work because...

A. outside of work I have to deal with kids or stuff like this where it should be PG
B. we work with stupid lazy narcissistic fuckin' dumbos
C.  cause I FUCKing want to

lol3
haha. all legit reasons.

On the TV topic, I watch "The 100" as well, but I can't get my wife to watch it with me.  I'm a sucker for scifi shows.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Insanity Podcast   

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Insanity Podcast
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: