:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Landry Vs. Hilton

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Landry Vs. Hilton   Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:45 pm

Who do you like more and why for the next 3/4 years?

Landry is 23 years old and has had a solid first 2 years. Over 100 catches last year but not big on TDs. Has some competition this year with Parker and Carroo getting opportunities in the next 1-2 years unless Stills can sneak in there but regardless Parker is his bigger threat when fighting for the ball. Gase is a boost IMO for the team as a whole and should make Tannehill more accurate.

Hilton is 26 years old although he has never had a 100 catch season he has had three 1000 yard years. Gets a few more TDs than Landry and of course has a better QB. Just signed a long term contract in NFL years overall and could have his best season in 2016. Moncreif and Dorsett are knocking on his door but Hilton is in the Colts game plan weekly.

Whatcha guys think?

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:57 pm

Landry

Just think he will out stat Hilton. Gase will cause Tanny to get better which should only help Landry in the TD department.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:31 pm

I like Hilton better. With a healthy Luck, he will be consistently a WR1. Landry is good don't get me wrong, but I think he over achieved last year.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:41 pm

I am not a big fan of either of these guys... if I had to choose I suppose I would lean toward Hilton because of the QB... Luck >>>>>>>>>>>>> Tanny.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:53 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Landry

Just think he will out stat Hilton.  Gase will cause Tanny to get better which should only help Landry in the TD department.  

If Gase does help Landry in the TD department I dont think he can help him much more on the catch department because 111 catches is hard to top.

It also isnt going to be hard to help Landry in the TD department because he only gets 4 yearly.

Hilton's TDs could improve too with a healthy Luck. These two guys are magically similar in production to me. Definately in the same tier of WRs----for me.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:14 pm

Wow great question. I don't think I can pick between the two. I like them both a lot.

Glad I could help.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:19 pm

Landry. Passes the eye test more than TY.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:50 pm

Shaferville Stars wrote:
Landry. Passes the eye test more than TY.

I like it when my eyes get me FF points......way better than me throwing the remote at the window.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:58 pm

I put both of these guys right around Randall Cobb.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:02 pm

I have to go with Landry here but I am concerned that he suffers a significant drop in fantasy value if his targets decrease.  And everything that I'm reading leads me to believe that there will be a drop in targets.

But I like him more than Hilton.  With the exception of 2014, he reminds me a lot of DeSean but without the talent.  I was surprised when the Colts signed him to the long-term deal but I get the feeling that Dorsett may be pushing Hilton out the door a year or two down the road.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:07 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I have to go with Landry here but I am concerned that he suffers a significant drop in fantasy value if his targets decrease.  And everything that I'm reading leads me to believe that there will be a drop in targets.

But I like him more than Hilton.  With the exception of 2014, he reminds me a lot of DeSean but without the talent.  I was surprised when the Colts signed him to the long-term deal but I get the feeling that Dorsett may be pushing Hilton out the door a year or two down the road.

That would be something if Dorsett pushed him out the door in a year or two because it would be very costly for the Colts considering just 11 months ago they gave him a 5 year extension that pushes him through the 2020 season worth $65 million. TY is actually very talented, in my eyes, you have it backwards with the MeSean comment. He is a one trick pony that can only go deep, TY can make you pay running several different routes.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:24 pm

You may want to go back and check out some of those Hilton highlights.  You'll find most of his catches were situations where Luck hit him in the gap in coverage.  The majority of the time when I see him get open on his own, its purely a result of his speed rather than any cutting ability.  And you'll also notice that he almost always goes down on the first contact.  I don't see much that impresses me there, even down to the way that he brings the ball into his body.  

If you've got a clip that proves me wrong, please share it.  But I basically see Hilton's performance being the result of Luck getting the ball to him in the perfect spot.  Those guys are very replaceable and I think that Hilton will be replaced.  

But you're right though.  Maybe DeSean was a bad example.  A guy like Michael Timpson might be the closer match for Hliton.  

As for cutting him, it looks like the only guarantees are for injury only.  And there's only a $6 million cap hit if he is cut next year or a $4 million cap hit if he's cut in 2018.   Even less if it's spread over two years.  Given what he's making, he's a very easy guy to cut and not worry too much about it.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:01 pm

Hilton is "not" very talented in the eyes of many; including it seems, by his former WR's Coach. Hostler has said that Hilton does not run the best routes, and has tried to get him to be more of a "hands" catcher. Luck has praised Moncrief and Dorsett for their "clean" routes, and the ability to quickly break in/out of their patterns; no mention of Hilton in that conversation. Johnson is gone, so more reps for Moncrief, which should provide an increase in his stat line.

But, we are comparing him to Landry. While Luck is obviously superior, Tanny is just one year removed from a top ten QB finish. I believe Gase will help the entire offense improve, and picking up the best "O" lineman in the draft didn't hurt either. Landry is the better route runner with better hands, but doesn't have Hilton's speed...Lots of targets to share in both situations...Close, but I like Landry.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:16 pm

I watched some tape but they rarely show the route running. I didn't see anything bad while watching. Take a look at this article, kind of breaks down all that he does. Shows that yes, while being a good vertical threat like we know he is, he is actually a good route runner and has success all over the field.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/6/13/11829120/t-y-hiltons-route-breakdown-colts

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:57 pm

Landry is more consistent. I like consistency.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:02 pm

I'm not sure who Andrew Aziz is and wasn't overly impressed with the biographical info that I saw out there on him.  I googled TY Hilton highlights and watched a few of the clips.  And still agree that he's not a great route runner.  He isn't awful but it's undeniable that he is where he is because of Luck.  In other words, Luck sees him wide open and puts the biscuit in the basket.  The catches are, for the most part, the result of Luck, not Hilton.

In fact, Luck played 7 games last year:

W/ Luck:  37 catches, 606 yards, 3 TDs over 7 games
W/out Luck:  32 catches, 518 yards, 2 TDs over 9 games.

How about this:  Hilton had under 30 yards in 1/3 of the games (3 games) when Luck didn't play?

Great QBs can make average WRs look great --- something that Dolphins fan are well aware of.  And GB fans, most recently with James Jones.  To me, Hilton is a product of Luck which makes him very replaceable.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:27 pm

Does being a product of Luck hurt you in your fantasy scores? I don't get it, who cares? The fact is that he IS with Luck, he just got paid a ton from his team, and is the number 1 guy. Is he the greatest in the world? No. But he is very good IMO and is a dangerous weapon.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:30 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Does being a product of Luck hurt you in your fantasy scores? I don't get it, who cares? The fact is that he IS with Luck, he just got paid a ton from his team, and is the number 1 guy. Is he the greatest in the world? No. But he is very good IMO and is a dangerous weapon.

Completely agree.  And as long as he is the #1 and Luck is there I like Hilton's points.

But this started from this statement by me:  "I was surprised when the Colts signed him to the long-term deal but I get the feeling that Dorsett may be pushing Hilton out the door a year or two down the road."

The point is that I wouldn't necessarily count on TY being the WR1 in Indy a year or two from now.  And, if that happens, Hilton's value plummets.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:39 pm

If that happens, then yes, or course. But as of now, I think they are pretty darn close. I just like TY a little more. I would love Landry on my roster though.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:24 pm

not crazy about either - but probably landry for this year and hilton long term

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:47 pm

I'll take Hilton... catches, yds and TD's should go up and stay up for the next 3-4 yrs. I don't trust anything Dolphins long term, they're a fairly dysfunctional organization.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:42 pm

So Landry had 6 quality starts (PPR format) last year, vs. 4 last year for Hilton. Consider that if Andy Luck played all 16 games, then TY would probably have had at least 6-8 quality starts. So yeah, long-term would have to go with TY, but if JL had Luck, or Rodgers, or anyone except for the disappointment that is his QB, he would be a top 5 WR week in week out.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:56 pm

Two very different skills sets and player archetypes:

Landry is a volume guy. I don't think that changes with Gase, but I heard he's losing his return duties, which could hurt. Landry has Tanne's trust, but I'm not sure he would produce such numbers in a another system with a better deep ball QB.

Hilton is basically the opposite. Not a huge volume, but racks up big plays and gets to play the foreseeable future with the best young QB in the game. Lots of mouths to feed, but I think he still gets his.

Landry I believe has the higher perceived value (at least in startups) so I'd prefer to have him, but there is no way I would buy him at his 2nd-3rd round price.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:14 pm

In my No Mercy league Landry went 5.05 and Hilton went 3.11. At those prices give my Landry all day!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:57 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
In my No Mercy league Landry went 5.05 and Hilton went 3.11.  At those prices give my Landry all day!

Wow 5.05 seems very late in any type of dynasty league.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:59 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:
In my No Mercy league Landry went 5.05 and Hilton went 3.11.  At those prices give my Landry all day!

Really late, like almost unbelievable late. Hilton at 3.11 is late as well, although close to where I would expect him to go (haven't looked at ADP but would imagine him to be late 2nd/early 3rd).

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:01 pm

I would be happy with TY in the late 2nd, and Landy right around there as well, maybe early 3rd, but never as late as where he was drafted.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:07 am

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

My thought was to zero in on the next 3 years....cause I thought this might be the consensus.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:00 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Kane County Goon Squad wrote:

My thought was to zero in on the next 3 years....cause I thought this might be the consensus.  
then give me hilton

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:17 pm

I'm not sure, neither would crack the starting lineup for the Nineties. tongue

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:40 pm

I've been waiting to see what Sty's thoughts are in this. eating popcorn ROFL

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:36 pm

Landry and its not even close. Landry is pretty much a lock for 100 catches each year. Hilton is boom or bust. I will take the steady 15 points each week from Landry.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:37 pm

I am a HUGE landry fan, but I am not sure he is a lock for 100 catches a year. I do however, still think he will be worth more than Hilton over the next 3 years.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:53 pm

Despite trading Landry away, I still like him better than Hilton. Tannehill might be a limiting factor.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:27 am

Interesting thoughts last year on these two players-------there is still time of course.
I think Hilton is doing better so far though

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:44 am

Well, he is my SFT next year, so........

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:49 am

I definitely would have picked Landry to out-stat Hilton last year and would have been wrong.

Much closer this year I couldn't call it. Love Landry - but never get the impression that Dolphins know quite what to do with him.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:30 am

I have Hilton.  Russ has Landry.  Any questions?

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:00 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Norfolk Bombers wrote:

Really late, like almost unbelievable late.  Hilton at 3.11 is late as well, although close to where I would expect him to go (haven't looked at ADP but would imagine him to be late 2nd/early 3rd).

Gotta love FFL. Now their ADPs are both in that 2.xx range only a year later with Hilton in some very late 1.xx

Back to top Go down
Carolina Silverbacks

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:56 pm

I like Landry better than Hilton.  However, Hilton has had the better stats thus far.  They are pretty comparable and I'd lean towards Hilton as long as he has Luck throwing him the ball.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:10 am

I continue to watch, own both in several leagues. If I ignore stats, QB's, situation, etc...Can't help but pick Landry; BUT...this is fantasy and those factors can't be ignored...Barring injury to Luck/Hilton...Ty = top ten finish 2017...and breaks the bank for Nick next year. laughing

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:07 am

I like them both, but if I had to pick, I would pick Hilton by a slight margin. All because Hilton has a much better QB than Landry

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:58 am

Hilton is a much more dangerous NFL receiver I think
Landry is good but will get overshadowed by a good outside WR

Back to top Go down
MobTown Ravens

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:32 pm

Carolina Silverbacks wrote:
I like Landry better than Hilton.  However, Hilton has had the better stats thus far.  They are pretty comparable and I'd lean towards Hilton as long as he has Luck throwing him the ball.

Bottom line...Hilton, agreed, better QB

Back to top Go down
http://www.gomariposa.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Landry Vs. Hilton   

Back to top Go down

Landry Vs. Hilton
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: