Titletown Tyrants
Believeland Brindaliers
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Empty
PostSubject: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 7:55 am

1 Mike Dorsey,  Elizabethton, TN

2 I play in mostly 14 to 32 team IDP Dynasty/Keeper leagues. Average 12-15 per year. Mostly on MFL

3 I wanted to try a redraft IDP as I usually play Dynasty, to see how the strategy differs.

4 With the # of leagues I'm in and being a computer teacher, I am able to check in on them daily.

5 Not really a favorite memory but...I ran the table a few years ago going undefeated in a 16 team league and lost to the 8th ranked team in the first round of the playoffs. However not a favorite memory it does stick with me.

6 Upper echelon player, who always replies to trade proposals usually with explanations or counter-proposals.

7 I live in Jason Witten's hometown and have practiced him during his 7th grade year in basketball.

8 I want to play!
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 7:59 am

Welcome Mike!! How did you find us? Also, are you saying you want to do our "Roster Wars Training Camp", or join our prospect process, or both?

I would hop in and read the bylaws either way, the league is pretty intense. Glad to have you here, stick around and talk some football!

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigtyr14
Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 8:02 am

Hey Nick. I found you guys in the Football Guys Looking for leagues.

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigbrindaliers
Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 8:03 am

Oh and I want to be considered for just the Training Camp now and see how it goes.

Last edited by Believeland Brindaliers on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 8:05 am

Believeland Brindaliers wrote:
Oh and I want to be considered for just the Traing Camp now and see how it goes.

That's great! You will have to go into the RWTC Lobby and state that. It is under  THE OFFICIAL sign-up for RWTC2016 Thread.

https://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6769-the-official-sign-up-for-rwtc2016

Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 8:06 am

By the way, Brindaliers is a combination of Br (Browns), ind (Indians) and aliers (Cavaliers)

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 8:11 am

Well congrats on the Cavs first Championship. That city has been suffering for something like that. Originally from the Cleveland area or why the ties to the teams?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 8:12 am

Welcome to the boards Mike.  Looking forward to playing against you in the RWTC.

So are you still basking in the glow of the Cavs championship?

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigbrawlers
Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 8:14 am

My dad is from Cleveland, so growing up watching THE Ohio State University and all of the Cleveland teams it kinda stuck with me.

Being an Ohio State fan in SEC country has been tough until the blew Bama up!

Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 8:17 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Welcome to the boards Mike.  Looking forward to playing against you in the RWTC.

So are you still basking in the glow of the Cavs championship?

No doubt! Now my long suffering with the Browns will ever come to the end....It sucks knowing you are paying for Sunday Ticket to watch double-digit losses every year.
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 8:20 am

The SEC is a whole different level of football fanaticism.  I went to law school at Wake and got a feel for it on some road trips.  But the moment that I remember the most is going to a wedding for someone that went to Florida.  The reception and ceremony were at her house.  Shortly after the ceremony ended (but during the reception) Florida played another SEC team (I think that it might have been LSU but forget now).  Once the game started there was a trickle of people into the living room to watch the game.  By the middle of the first quarter, it seemed that every person from Florida was in the living room watching the game and the people left at the reception were friends from high school or work friends, i.e. those that did not go to an SEC school.  The best part was that the bride had the best seat in the house, in the middle of the couch, and was cheering louder than anyone else.

Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 8:27 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
The SEC is a whole different level of football fanaticism.  I went to law school at Wake and got a feel for it on some road trips.  But the moment that I remember the most is going to a wedding for someone that went to Florida.  The reception and ceremony were at her house.  Shortly after the ceremony ended (but during the reception) Florida played another SEC team (I think that it might have been LSU but forget now).  Once the game started there was a trickle of people into the living room to watch the game.  By the middle of the first quarter, it seemed that every person from Florida was in the living room watching the game and the people left at the reception were friends from high school or work friends, i.e. those that did not go to an SEC school.  The best part was that the bride had the best seat in the house, in the middle of the couch, and was cheering louder than anyone else.

Yeah they are fanatical. And what lucky guy to find a woman who is engulfed in sports!!!
Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 9:10 am

Welcome Mike! Glad you found us. RWs is a bad ass place, so you picked the right league to get into

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigsil14
Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 9:14 am

Thanks man! Ready to get going

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 9:18 am

From one Newbie to another, Welcome Aboard. This place has constant action going on and it's only July!

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Signig22
Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 9:30 am

Seems that way. Should make for some good competition.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 9:37 am

By the way, I like the combination you used for your Mascot name.  I once joined a fantasy baseball league and named my team the Oaklacisco Giantics after the Giants & A's and they wanted me to drop the name and change it as it was to confusing to look at.  But Your Mamma's Ass was acceptable. shrug Needless to say, that league wasn't for me.   Way to come up with a Mascot by using 3-name combination.  It rolls off the tongue nicely. grin

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Signig22
Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 9:42 am

Welcome to RW Mike. I will get ya all set up for RWTC shortly. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions...everyone here is qualified to help you out (I think). laughing

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigete14
Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 9:44 am

Thanks. Can't take credit for it as it was a now closed sports bar in Cleveland. I had asked them to let me buy a t-shirt as the letters were in each teams colors but they closed before filling my request.

Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 9:45 am

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Welcome to RW Mike.  I will get ya all set up for RWTC shortly.  Feel free to let us know if you have any questions...everyone here is qualified to help you out (I think).  laughing

If not I'll come to THE man!
Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 10:37 am

Welcome Mike! Glad you found us!

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigred18
Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 10:48 am

welcome mike

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Siggoo18
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 10:54 am

Welcome Mike.

cheers

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigbom11
Back to top Go down
Pacific Puffins

Pacific Puffins

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 11:37 am

Welcome Mike

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigpuf13
Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 1:45 pm

Welcome Mike. Glad to have you in RWTC

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigmay18
Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 1:46 pm

Welcome Mike!

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigpig15
Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 1:49 pm

Welcome Mike! cheers

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigoutlaws
Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 2:40 pm

Thanks for the Welcome! I guess I could have responded to each individually to meet my quota but I don't think that will be a problem at least this month. As baseball moves to the playoffs I plan to be busy LOL!

Back to top Go down
Colorado Crusaders

Colorado Crusaders

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 2:42 pm

3. I wanted to try a redraft IDP as I usually play Dynasty, to see how the strategy differs.

Howdy Mike smile and wave

I think the RWTC will more than satisfy your curiosity...and will be better run/managed/participated in than anything you will find posted over at FBG...ask me how I know.  wink

Have fun, and welcome to the madness...

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigcru15
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 2:48 pm

Thanks for the Welcome! I guess I could have responded to each individually to meet my quota but I don't think that will be a problem at least this month. As baseball moves to the playoffs I plan to be busy LOL!

If you are not in the prospect process for the Dynasty portion, and you are simply doing RWTC, there are no quota's for posting.

Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 2:54 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:

3.  I wanted to try a redraft IDP as I usually play Dynasty, to see how the strategy differs.

I think the RWTC will more than satisfy your curiosity...and will be better run/managed/participated in than anything you will find posted over at FBG...ask me how I know.  wink

OK I'll bite....How do you know?
Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 2:59 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:

3.  I wanted to try a redraft IDP as I usually play Dynasty, to see how the strategy differs.

eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigbom11
Back to top Go down
Colorado Crusaders

Colorado Crusaders

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 3:31 pm

Been swimming in "The Shark Pool" for many years...Some good...some not so much.  Participated in numerous leagues, of which most left me wanting.  Went through elaborate qualification processes, only to find "they" weren't qualified to play with me...Evil laugh    

Nothing is ever perfect, but since my days playing off the newspaper stat sheet, waiting until Wednesday or Thursday to find out who won a close match-up...I haven't found anything like RW.  Perfect combination of format, participation, and most of all, diversity of membership...It is a "Club' rather than League; you will find that you aren't just logging-in for the football, but to engage with the members on a wide variety of topics, truly something for everyone.  

Stick around long enough, and it all will become clear...

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Tumblr_lghmbyQr1d1qgmgjuo1_r1_500

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigcru15
Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 3:51 pm

Sounds good! If everything goes well maybe I can make the jump to "Big Time" League

Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 4:01 pm

To whomever, does playing in the Training Camp League in anyway effect becoming a prospect for the Dynasty League? How does the process work (without digging through the bylaws)? Do you play in the Training Camp to get to the Dynasty?

Thanks in Advance.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 4:06 pm

I don't see playing or not playing in the RWTC greatly impacting what happens on the dynasty side.  If you're a great fit, you'll get a chance even if you never play.  And if you're not a good fit, playing the RWTC won't help you.  

However, with that being said, the RWTC is a great way to get acclimated to the league's scoring and setup.  There are a few lineup wrinkles and scoring differences across positions that some are not used to dealing with.

Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 4:12 pm

Hey thanks.

Currently drafting in 3 single player use 32 team leagues. Have you played in one like that? It is definitely different...

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 4:34 pm

Welcome aboard Mike - good to have you. Hang around and post lots so we can all get to know you. Doesn't look like that will be a problem!

cheers

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigdra13
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 6:49 pm

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Latest?cb=20130724185435

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigoys15
Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 6:59 pm

Thanks Guys!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 7:05 pm

Is it just me or can you see alittle bit of Rex in Mike?

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Spjets-1-munsonjpg-6e36d9e17eea94ad

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigmay18
Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 7:08 pm

He looks like that all of the time. I must of just seen one of my girls do something stupid! LOL!

Actually a fair comparison pic.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 7:09 pm

That's it! I thought that he looked like someone but couldn't figure out who.

I kept thinking that it was Guy Fieri but not quite there.

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Guy-fieri-portrait-2015-billboard-650

Back to top Go down
Wisconsin Warlords

Wisconsin Warlords

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 7:53 pm

Welcome Mike! WHO DEY!!!

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigwarlords
Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 9:59 pm

Hi Mike.

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Siggol13
Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine

Maple Grove Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 8:21 am

Welcome, Mike

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigmea10
Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 6:49 pm

Welcome Mike!!!

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigkni10
Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 7:06 pm

Thanks All!

Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 1:24 pm

Since being a part of this league, I want to be considered for the Dynasty League. Just throwing that out there now since I was unsure to begin with.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 2:06 pm

Since being a part of this league, I want to be considered for the Dynasty League. Just throwing that out there now since I was unsure to begin with.

Nice!!

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Sigkni10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)   Believeland Brindaliers (Mike) Empty

Back to top Go down

Believeland Brindaliers (Mike)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Bulletin Board :: Check In-
Jump to: