HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Donte Moncrief WR IND

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:01 am

This is another guy I'm expecting big things from this year who is flying way under the radar in my opinion. He's the #2 WR on a top offense with Luck throwing him the ball.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:10 am

I don't doubt that he could do really well this year, I just envision him being a 3rd/4th option in cases. I think Dorsett may pass him and Dwayne Allen will see an uptick in passes thrown his way, especially in the redzone. But I wouldn't be blown away to see Moncrief have a good season.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:12 pm

I don't see him being the 4th option ever, but there will be games where he's the 3rd option. Moncrief and Dorsett will be 2/3 on any given Sunday. Honestly, I don't even figure Allen in. I think his impact in the offense will be minimal.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:13 pm

Allen's contract was not minimal.... I doubt they gave him $30 Million to block only.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:19 pm

I see all 3 WR's having a good year. Hilton and Dorsett will catch 2 or 3 a game with a ton of yards. I bet Moncrief will be Luck's short/intermediate option with a bunch of red-zone targets. Hilton is a lock for 1,000 yards baring injury. That should leave Moncrief and Dorsett looking for 8 or 900 yards as a baseline. I don't really see any of the 3 outperforming the other 2 by a ton.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:03 pm

Assuming Andy Luck stays healthy, 8 TDs and 1100 yards isn't out of the question.

FWIW, according to this article (Link), "Many don't realize it because Moncrief's numbers were deflated due to poor quarterback play, but he was quietly one of the most efficient receivers in the league."

They seem high on him, although I'm not sure I'd sign him to a long-term deal in dynasty.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:37 pm

He's 23 yrs old and your saying he may get as high as 8TD's and 1100yds. But you would not sign him to a long term deal? Sorry that makes no sense, if you believe those numbers are real then you sign for at least 3 yrs if you can IMO.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:43 pm

He's no TY, that's fo sho.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:48 pm

No, I agree but he'll be a Colt for 2016, 2017 and Probably 2018 (5th yr option) so he's probably worth a 3 yr contract at least if you think he's going to put 8/1100

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:28 pm

I think he ends up more like 800 yards and 6 TD's. Just my guess though.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:33 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I think he ends up more like 800 yards and 6 TD's. Just my guess though.
I think that's a safe assumption but if Hilton is banged up he could see some WR 1 looks.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:35 pm

just not sure he stays healthy. Have a hunch that he will flame out in a couple of years.

Back to top Go down
Wisconsin Warlords

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:06 am

I believe all the receivers have to be on the up tick for this year. I do not believe that Luck will have the same season this year that he did last year. Granted we are expecting Luck to return to his rookie season greatness. With expectation that Luck does get close to his rookie year or better Moncrief and Dorsett show up side which I lean on Moncrief to see the better pay off of those two, because he will have more passes thrown his way. Also, seeing as it is a pass heavy offense with a dino at running back you know that all three will get plenty of passes thrown at them.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:17 am

Maybe so. I dunno, I watched more Colts games over the past couple of years than I care to admit, and just don't think DM is going to be long for the league. I'd be comfortable signing him to a 2 year deal as a #3 WR/Flex option. In 2016, I could see him being a decent option, but the turf toe bothers me (is a big deal if you have to pivot).

For my money, here are some #3 WR I'd prefer to sign to a long-term dynasty deal over Moncrief:

1) Mohammad Sanu
2) Allen Hurns
3) John Brown
4) Kevin White
5) Willie Snead (Huge, huge, huge upside)

Back to top Go down
Wisconsin Warlords

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:28 am

Sanu not so sure about, he was an ok wide receiver with Cincy. The other four I really like. Especially Snead because I like saying what about Snead?! Like from the movie hook... Sleeper I think Albert Wilson in KC is something to watch for. Granted that passing offense isn't amazing but there isn't anyone there besides Mackin and Rod pick me up off the streeter.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:28 am

Sanu? Ouch... I wouldnt trade Moncrief for 3 Sanu's

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:49 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:

Call me crazy, but I think he'll fair better opposite Julio. And Matt Ryan is going to throw more than Dalton. Sanu is relatively durable, and in that offense I'd go for a 3 year deal on him. Or in a redraft format, I'd take a 7+ round flyer on him.

Back to top Go down
Wisconsin Warlords

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:01 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:

Dan my two favorite players growing up were Sterling Sharpe and Brett Favre so I love the head coach and offensive coordinator for your team! I also agree I would rather have Moncrief over Sanu. A new QB and city might help Sanu but I would feel better about having a guy that is getting passes from Luck and has been there and knows his QB.

Plus, Moncrief is only 22 and Sanu is now 26. Long term Moncrief can still become a stud in the NFL and I think we have already seen what Sanu is going to do. Put it this way the Bengals let him walk and instead picked up Brandon I cant catch a ball LaFell

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:13 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
No, I agree but he'll be a Colt for 2016, 2017 and Probably 2018 (5th yr option) so he's probably worth a 3 yr contract at least if you think he's going to put 8/1100

I thought the 5th year option was only for 1st round picks, no? shrug

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:18 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

I thought the 5th year option was only for 1st round picks, no? shrug
Really? I thought the 5th yr option was for all rookie contacts but I never really looked into it.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:29 pm

1st round picks only.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:39 pm

8/1100????

Holy hell.. I've never understood the love affair for Donte.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:49 pm

Las Vegas DeGenerates wrote:
8/1100????

I don't necessarily think it's Moncrief... its the fact that he's the #2 WR in a passing offense with Luck throwing the ball to him. I pretty much consider myself a "system" owner, plug any WR into that system as a #2 and his value is inflated. Aside from the stud WR's that will pretty much thrive under any system I look for the WR's that are in pass heavy offenses with good QB's, I don't care what their name is.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:51 pm

8/1100????

I think you'll get a good grasp by the end of the year.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:20 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
8/1100????

I don't necessarily think it's Moncrief... its the fact that he's the #2 WR in a passing offense with Luck throwing the ball to him. I pretty much consider myself a "system" owner, plug any WR into that system as a #2 and his value is inflated. Aside from the stud WR's that will pretty much thrive under any system I look for the WR's that are in pass heavy offenses with good QB's, I don't care what their name is.

Isn't Indy actually one of the higher run percentage teams in the NFL? I thought the "passing offense" was a misconception besides one year of Luck's stats.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
8/1100????

Isn't Indy actually one of the higher run percentage teams in the NFL? I thought the "passing offense" was a misconception besides one year of Luck's stats.

Luck had the 3rd most yards in 2014. 7th in 2012 and 13th in 2013. That's a ton of yards to go around.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:52 pm

The Colts are awaiting further test results on Donte Moncrief's shoulder.

The Indianapolis Star senses it's a matter of how many, not "if," when it comes to the number of games Moncrief will miss. Reporter Stephen Holder does believe the issue is not "season ending." Moncrief has yet to be formally ruled out for Week 3, so there's really not much to go on for the time being.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:55 am

Breakout season derailed...

Quote :
Coach Chuck Pagano announced Donte Moncrief will miss 4-6 weeks with a fractured scapula.
This is a bit worse than initially feared, but at least it isn't a season-ender. Moncrief won't need surgery, only rest. In his absence, the Colts will turn to 2015 first-rounder Phillip Dorsett as an every-down player in two-wide sets, with Quan Bray taking over as the No. 3 receiver. Moncrief was the lone Colts receiver with some size, so this could lead to more scoring chances for TEs Dwayne Allen and Jack Doyle. Allen is entrenched as a TE1 while Moncrief is out.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:25 am

Fuck me, from pretty fucking bad to even fucking worse.

frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donte Moncrief WR IND   

Back to top Go down

Donte Moncrief WR IND
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: