HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Karlos Williams RB FA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Karlos Williams RB FA   Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:54 pm

Karlos Williams is being held out of minicamp because he's overweight.
Quote :
Williams will be limited to conditioning all week. Coach Rex Ryan said Williams isn't "anywhere close to where he needs to be to play at a high level." Williams is listed at 230 pounds. Ryan also said the Bills don't want Williams to lose weight too fast, because it could lead to injury. It's disappointing from a second-year player, but is unlikely to remain a concern by the time Week 1 rolls around.

Another guy that ahd a good time i the offseason. GET THOSE WINGS!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:50 pm

Lacy MkII

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:46 pm

Hippocritical of Rex to be a judge on physical fitness in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:35 am

California Nightmare wrote:

laughing

Cmon Karlos....get back to work son...because that vagina McCoy isn't gonna make it long and I am eager for an encore from you so put down the donuts and start running a hill somewhere.

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:12 am

Quote :
When asked what injury has held him back this spring, Williams replied, "The injury of pregnancy I'd say. Nothing really, just pretty much just trying to make sure pregnancy went well for my fiancée but since that's over with, she knows what time it is; it's football time again," Williams explained, according to ESPN.com. "So getting back in football shape and getting ready for training camp." A reporter commented this might be the first time pregnancy was cited as an issue for a football player.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:40 am

California Nightmare wrote:

The lapband did wonderful things for Rex.  

It's going to be interesting to see how this backfield plays out this year.  I was high on Karlos but it seems that Jonathan Williams is getting a lot of hype now -- but isn't that really true for all 5th round RBs and 3rd and 4th round WRs?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:09 am

Oh, pregnancy weight, that is fine.  ROFL

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:03 am

I remember putting on weight when Val got pregnant. What Karlos does now is everything...he gets rockin' and it's a matter of time until he's THE GUY.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:42 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I remember putting on weight when Val got pregnant.  What Karlos does now is everything...he gets rockin' and it's a matter of time until he's THE GUY.

Agree...But, wrong Williams. (Karlos...Jonathan)  tongue

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:12 am

Quote :
According to WKBW's Joe Buscaglia, Karlos Williams' conditioning drills off to the side of Bills minicamp practices were "ugly."

After spending the spring overeating with his pregnant fiancée "at all hours of the day," Buscaglia says Williams was "visibly exhausted by the workouts." Williams did not practice at minicamp. As Buscaglia also notes, whether Williams will be permitted to resume practicing at training camp will depend on his "weigh-in and the subsequent conditioning test." Based on Twitter pictures we've seen of Williams, we'd be a bit surprised if he were cleared to practice on day one.

Shady is looking better. Man. That's unfortunate, maybe he needs some P90X. laughing

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:30 pm

Holy Balls.

NFL suspended Bills RB Karlos Williams four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy.
Quote :
Williams' offseason just keeps getting worse. The second-year back was held out of minicamp after showing up 20-25 pounds overweight and this suspension won't help him get out of Rex Ryan's doghouse. "As an organization, we are disappointed that Karlos has put himself in this situation," said the Bills in a statement. "Poor decisions such as this affect not only the individual, but the entire Bills organization. We will continue to work with Karlos through the various player programs we provide to assist him in making better decisions moving forward." Williams is eligible to return against the Rams in Week 5. Mike Gillislee could see more work during his absence though LeSean McCoy is still the Bills' workhorse.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:31 pm

More guys to cross of the list because of what's between the ears...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:33 pm

He had to get away from wife and baby and smoke that cheeba.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Not a good time to be a Bills RB.  Shady's beating up cops.  JW's drinking and driving.  And KW likes him some drugs.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:41 pm

Did they say what the substance was?

I'm bummed because I REALLY liked this kid last year and think Shady McCoy is a douchenozzle so was licking my chops at what I saw as inevitable take-over coming but then he ate too much and now this....cmon Karlos!!!! WTF?

Hope he gets it together right quick or this dope is gonna be serving sliders at a White Castle in a few short years and living with regret forfuckinever.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:50 pm

Andy, your depth at RB's are all douchebags. Karlos is fat and a druggy, Crowell is a prostitute sexual deviant, and DMC falls all over the place and breaks his body parts.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:11 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Andy, your depth at RB's are all douchebags. Karlos is fat and a druggy, Crowell is a prostitute sexual deviant, and DMC falls all over the place and breaks his body parts.

That's a super funny statement coming from the owner of Eddie Lacy (he's been in shape for what, like 5 minutes?), Jay Ajayi (who's been healthy for what, like 5 minutes?), Dexter McFuckster (who's played for all of 5 minutes), DeMarco Murray (who went from HERO to ZERO in five minutes) and James Starks (who will be all you have left 5 minutes after the season starts).

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:50 pm

Hey, my RB isn't currently fat! And Ajayi is going to be a stud! And don't rip on me for Starks, he's simply a handcuff. Murray... Ummmmm.... Murray.... Ummmmmm... laughing

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:42 pm

ROFL

Quote :
Bills placed RB Karlos Williams on the active/non-football illness list.
Williams' "illness" is that he's out of shape. The second-year back was relegated to side work at minicamp after showing up 20 pounds overweight. He was also hit with a four-game ban for violating the league's substance abuse policy. The arrow is pointing down on Williams despite a productive rookie season that included nine touchdowns (seven rushing, two receiving) in only 11 games.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Hey, my RB isn't currently fat! And Ajayi is going to be a stud! And don't rip on me for Starks, he's simply a handcuff. Murray... Ummmmm.... Murray.... Ummmmmm... laughing

rofl

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:25 pm

Laugh it up chuckles. It's a stud in the making! (I hate having to put lipstick on a pig but he's my guy!) ROFL

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Quote :
Bills released RB Karlos Williams.
This seems like a shocking development on the surface, but Williams' actions this offseason almost gave the Bills no choice. After showing up to camp 20-25 pounds overweight, Williams was slapped with a four-game suspension for violating the substance-abuse policy. Still, Rex Ryan said at the beginning of August that Williams' roster spot is safe, so it is possible another infraction led to this release. Mike Gillislee is now locked in as the LeSean McCoy's backup with Jonathan Williams and Reggie Bush likely to be involved as well.

Whoa.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:33 pm

What a fall.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:39 pm

Hopefully, Washington is interested.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Took a late round flyer on him in the TC league. The odds of him getting meaningful carries somewhere else this season is pretty slim...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Man Buffalo is a disaster.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Meteoric rise and fall...

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:56 pm

Dang, the kid is only 23 years old. Have to wonder what all the issues are? A 23 year old RB with talent will probably get a look elsewhere. Is it strictly the player, or is it a franchise issue too?

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:05 pm

Quote :
The Buffalo News reports ex-Bills RB Karlos Williams began regaining the weight he had lost early in camp, forcing the team to cut him.
Beat writer Vic Carucci says Williams re-gaining weight "demonstrat(ed) to the Bills he was not serious about football." Adam Schefter reported Williams got as heavy as 261 pounds this offseason, after weighing 230 at the 2015 Combine. "It's a performance-based business," said GM Doug Whaley. "He came in behind." Williams won't be claimed by any NFL team until he gets in shape.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:06 pm

They said he recently started gaining weight again. The Bills have drafted tons of problem players with him being one of them in the past few years. Now they are paying for it.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Dang, how do you gain weight in training camp? Shocked You'd think he'd be losing it like crazy sweating it away. Guess he was in the cafeteria after every workout. scratch

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:25 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Dang, how do you gain weight in training camp?  Shocked You'd think he'd be losing it like crazy sweating it away.  Guess he was in the cafeteria after every workout. scratch

Maybe he is like me and eats wings once a week? But then again, I am not going through crazy hard NFL workouts...  laughing

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:29 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Dang, how do you gain weight in training camp?  Shocked You'd think he'd be losing it like crazy sweating it away.  Guess he was in the cafeteria after every workout. scratch

Maybe he is like me and eats wings once a week? But then again, I am not going through crazy hard NFL workouts...  laughing

laughing I know if I was going thru NFL Training Camp, I could probably eat wings daily and still lose weight!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:25 pm

lol3

Hopefully, he doesn't try and blame this on the Wife and kid again... vote no

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:47 pm

I don't know the story...I don't know him obviously but I'm also not listening to jerkoff beat writers...

If he's not serious about working out and dealing with weight stuff then he's fucked.

If he is gonna be serious, we've seen the talent...it's absolutely there...so as an owner I can only hope he goes to a team with less of a custerfuck at the position. I don't believe Buffalo has the depth at RB that so many think they do but you'll find plenty of folks that like EVERYONE. Gillislee has penty of fans and FBG's cannot stop talking up rookie Jonathan Williams. With Reggie Bush in the fold and that tool McCoy at the top for now.....good luck with that mess people.

Back to Williams..cmon kid...are you really gonna throw it all away? A 4 game suspension and some weight are no biggie but this is the fork in the road. Do what it takes or be serving some shakes bitch.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:03 pm

Cleared waivers...No bites; guess we'll have to see where the "Injury-Bug" lands.  May be a nice later in the year stash...If he can stay get into shape.  laughing

Quote :
 Monday, August 22, 2016 2:18 PM
Player News: Williams (suspension) was not claimed on waivers and is now a free agent, NFL.com's
Analysis: Williams vastly outperformed his fifth-round draft slot as a rookie, scoring nine touchdowns in 11 games while averaging 5.6 yards per carry. Seemingly headed for another season as LeSean McCoy's top backup, Williams instead allowed his career to take a drastic turn for the worse, first showing up to minicamp overweight, and then receiving a four-game suspension for a violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy. It still came as a surprise when the Bills waived Williams on Saturday, as teams are typically willing to work through off-field issues if a player displays enough talent. The team's decision was a major red flag, and the other NFL franchises seem to agree. Williams still figures to get another shot at some point, but he may not land with a team before the upcoming season.

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:11 pm

With the 4 game suspension, I didn't think any teams would bite yet. He'll play somewhere this season I would imagine.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:52 am

So, does the 4 game suspension still count for games 1-4 even though he isn't on a team? Or does it start if he signs with a team?

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:42 am

Pretty sure it's games 1-4 regardless. So he can play somewhere in Week 5 assuming he stays clean.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:41 pm

Not surprised by either...Shefty being wrong; and the Bill's not bringing him back. lol3

Quote :
The Bills have canceled their workout with free agent RB Karlos Williams.
Wow. ESPN's Adam Schefter made it seem like Williams' return to Buffalo was a done deal earlier today. Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News backtracked somewhat, predicting Williams had a "50-50" chance to re-sign with Buffalo. Now the Bills aren't even going to work him out. We're not sure what's responsible for the abrupt change of plans, though it's understandable why the Bills would be hesitant to bring Williams back. He was embarrassingly out of shape at OTAs this summer and just came off a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Where Williams goes from here is anyone's guess.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Things may be looking up for him -- just signed to the Steelers' practice squad.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karlos Williams RB FA   

Back to top Go down

Karlos Williams RB FA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: