HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

MFL Trade Glitch?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:19 pm

Anyone ever gotten old trades sent to you? this morning I got an offer from Ian that he sent like 2 weeks ago that I declined, but it was the same exact one, same comment, everything but it had yesterday's date on it. It was a counter of what I sent him. I logged in, and it is not under my trades, etc.

This happened to me one time a couple months ago too. Anyone ever have this happen?

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:35 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Anyone ever gotten old trades sent to you?
This happened to me one time a couple months ago too. Anyone ever have this happen?

Damn!...Guess you missed that offer I sent; Tannehill for Hackenberg?  tongue  

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:37 pm

Nothing like that has happened to me yet...

But in another league I am in, I keep getting trade proposal text messages from another owner. Thing is, they aren't even trade offers to me!? So I get excited for nothing, and when I go to the site to check the offer, I have zero offers!!! WTFa

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Nothing like that has happened to me yet...

But in another league I am in, I keep getting trade proposal text messages from another owner.  Thing is, they aren't even trade offers to me!?  So I get excited for nothing, and when I go to the site to check the offer, I have zero offers!!!  WTFa

Dang, that would be a bummer.

And Tom, I wouldn't do that. Hack's future is brighter than Tanny's future benching.  mock

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:45 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

And Tom, I wouldn't do that. Hack's future is brighter than Tanny's future benching.  mock

Can we get this posted officially on "The Board"? wink

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:47 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Can we get this posted officially on "The Board"?  wink

laughing  It was a statement, not a bet. Just giving you guff! If I were to make a bet it would be something easier like RG against Tanny...  ROFL

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:50 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Can we get this posted officially on "The Board"?  wink

laughing  It was a statement, not a bet. Just giving you guff! If I were to make a bet it would be something easier like RG against Tanny...  ROFL

I'll take either...And quit hatin' just cause you couldn't get Tanny, and settled for Mariota. Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:54 pm

Not sure if it's a glitch but a lot of owners recycle bad trade offers to me.  I just assumed that they weren't paying attention and just sent it again.  But in each of those instances I can reject the offer twice.

Maybe Ian's screwing with you?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:56 pm

Oaktown Malosos wrote:

I'll take either...And quit hatin' just cause you couldn't get Tanny, and settled for Mariota. Evil laugh

Tom, stop getting upset because I got TY from you and he is going to bust out with Luck back. It is so in the past.   rofl

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:58 pm

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Not sure if it's a glitch but a lot of owners recycle bad trade offers to me.  I just assumed that they weren't paying attention and just sent it again.  But in each of those instances I can reject the offer twice.

Maybe Ian's screwing with you?

No, it is the exact wording he sent a few weeks ago in a counter in one of our trade talks. And it would tell me in MFL if he revoked it, instead it is just gone. Weird.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:13 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Oaktown Malosos wrote:

Tom, stop getting upset because I got TY from you and he is going to bust out with Luck back. It is so in the past.   rofl

blow up "Bust-up" is more like it...Everyone knows that Moncrief is the best receiver the Colt's have, and it is he who will be breaking out this season. poking  wink  

But, I have a good bet for you...You traded Hurns as part of our deal...I'll bet a friendly $10, that Hurns scores more TD's this season than Hilton.  What say you?agreed money eyes

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:16 pm

I don't want to bet for TD's. If you want to talk about fantasy points (That matter), we can chat.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:22 pm

No, never. I never get trade offers, period.

middle finger

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:25 pm

By "sent to you" do you mean you saw it on MFL and then it wasn't there later? or that you got an email/text?
Email and texts aren't actually very reliable. You can get things not at all, late, multiple times; all depending on how the servers your email transits are behaving at the moment. Clearly the "not at all" case is bad so most email servers are configured to retry on error. Thus duplicates happen. There is no requirement as to how quickly a retry has to occur. Many servers use a backoff algorithm to avoid spamming (causing a denial of service). This backoff is frequently exponential. i.e. 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, etc and can get to days very quickly.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:30 pm

nothing like that on this end...

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:32 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
By "sent to you" do you mean you saw it on MFL and then it wasn't there later? or that you got an email/text?
Email and texts aren't actually very reliable. You can get things not at all, late, multiple times; all depending on how the servers your email transits are behaving at the moment. Clearly the "not at all" case is bad so most email servers are configured to retry on error. Thus duplicates happen. There is no requirement as to how quickly a retry has to occur. Many servers use a backoff algorithm to avoid spamming (causing a denial of service). This backoff is frequently exponential. i.e. 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours, etc and can get to days very quickly.

Sent to me via email. The same trade offer that was sent to me via email a couple weeks ago. MFL is usually pretty good, I have never gotten an offer that I haven't seen an email for.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:34 pm

This probably isn't an MFL problem. They likely sent the email once and it's one of the many servers along the way that's doing the resend.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:36 pm

Got it. Was just confused when I saw it! Thanks Han-Yang!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:52 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
I don't want to bet for TD's. If you want to talk about fantasy points (That matter), we can chat.

Does this mean you agree Hilton will score less TDs than Hurns?

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:26 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Does this mean you agree Hilton will score less TDs than Hurns?

Not necessarily. It does mean he's a scaredy cat though.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:29 pm

Nick is scared, poor guy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MFL Trade Glitch?   

Back to top Go down

MFL Trade Glitch?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum