HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

The 2016 Roster Wars Draft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 9:59 am

That clip to the draft board is really helping me Shawn. For some reason having it up that way circumvents my school's firewall (which blocks MFL) and makes it much easier to follow.

thank you

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 10:10 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
That clip to the draft board is really helping me Shawn.  For some reason having it up that way circumvents my school's firewall (which blocks MFL) and makes it much easier to follow.

thank you

hmm. Andy, make this guy a page on your server with a MFL page in an iframe, nothing more. Strange that it can't block iframes.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 10:11 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
That clip to the draft board is really helping me Shawn.  For some reason having it up that way circumvents my school's firewall (which blocks MFL) and makes it much easier to follow.

thank you

hmm. Andy, make this guy a page on your server with a MFL page in an iframe, nothing more. Strange that it can't block iframes.

Scratch that. For some reason all of MFL is unblocked now. Very weird. Was totally blocked as recently as 2 weeks ago when I tried. Not complaining though.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 10:15 am

New page. This time I'll put in the draft grid, since it auto updates itself every 30 seconds or so.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 10:22 am

Jon I like the Howard pick, I had Prosise and Howard as my 2A and 2B ranked RB. I like him a lot. It worried me that he lasted until the 5th rd in the NFL given how good he looks.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 10:27 am

Shawn, thanks for the iframe idea.  I have a few owners who are locked out of some MFL sites and was able to get them in now.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 10:28 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Shawn, thanks for the iframe idea.  I have a few owners who are locked out of some MFL sites and was able to get them in now.

sweet high five

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 10:34 am

Matt and others, you can use this page here for the draft if you like:

http://newjerseydads.com/rw/

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 10:37 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Jon I like the Howard pick, I had Prosise and Howard as my 2A and 2B ranked RB. I like him a lot. It worried me that he lasted until the 5th rd in the NFL given how good he looks.

Thanks Dan. Obviously Elliot is the clear #1 and I think Dixon may well be the clear #2 but like both Prosise and Howard a lot. Both probably role players initially but could both easily take over their backfields.

There's another 2 or 3 on the board I like too. In fact, the only RB I'm not a fan of is Henry and that's partly due to his landing spot.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 10:43 am

England Dragons wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

Thanks Dan. Obviously Elliot is the clear #1 and I think Dixon may well be the clear #2 but like both Prosise and Howard a lot. Both probably role players initially but could both easily take over their backfields.

There's another 2 or 3 on the board I like too. In fact, the only RB I'm not a fan of is Henry and that's partly due to his landing spot.

You dont like Henry you say? I will boycott English Muffins for 2 weeks and if I see a crumpet I will slap it in the face. Oh and your Queen... She has bad hair. Mad

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 10:51 am

England Dragons wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

I agreed with you on Henry, I don't like him I didn't even rank him. I don't like how his size translates to the NFL. I'm afraid of those tall slowish RB's. I didn't see anything on Dixon's game tapes that really made him stand out to me. I had him ranked 5 or 6.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 11:02 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

You dont like Henry you say? I will boycott English Muffins for 2 weeks and if I see a crumpet I will slap it in the face. Oh and your Queen... She has bad hair. Mad

Yeah? Yeah? Well, Greece is a really shitty movie. John Travolta was horrible in it.

furious

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 11:05 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

I agreed with you on Henry, I don't like him I didn't even rank him. I don't like how his size translates to the NFL. I'm afraid of those tall slowish RB's. I didn't see anything on Dixon's game tapes that really made him stand out to me. I had him ranked 5 or 6.

I think Dixon is as much about landing spot again. Forsett has a season left but the rest of their backfield is garbage. Dixon's job to grow in to and take over.

Truth is, who the hell knows? That's half the fun of it. Some will translate, some (Derrick Henry for example) will shit all over the field.

wink

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 11:07 am

England Dragons wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

Yeah? Yeah? Well, Greece is a really shitty movie. John Travolta was horrible in it.

furious

laughing I actually laughed out loud to this. Well done Jonny English.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 11:11 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

furious

laughing  I actually laughed out loud to this. Well done Jonny English.

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 11:36 am

England Dragons wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

I think Dixon is as much about landing spot again. Forsett has a season left but the rest of their backfield is garbage. Dixon's job to grow in to and take over.

Truth is, who the hell knows? That's half the fun of it. Some will translate, some (Derrick Henry for example) will shit all over the field.

wink  
Very true... who the hell knows, we all like to think we have the answers. So many variables it's ridiculous (and fun)

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 11:39 am

Muskego Muskies wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

Henry is slow? scratch

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 12:43 pm

His speed is OK, nothing special, I wouldn't expect to many long runs in the NFL. Lacy's 40 time coming out of college was 4.57 compared to Henry's 4.54. I don't see Lacy breaking to many long runs.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 1:17 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

wink  

I'm glad I was able to land Dixon. I think he has a huge opportunity in Baltimore and I fully expect him to take advantage of it.

I also drafted Dixon because I don't need him this year, but will need him for next year and the future. Plus I liked his highlight videos and really think this cat could be good

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 2:14 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
His speed is OK, nothing special, I wouldn't expect to many long runs in the NFL. Lacy's 40 time coming out of college was 4.57 compared to Henry's 4.54. I don't see Lacy breaking to many long runs.

Apparently you have not seen Lacy hitting the buffet tables, his 40 times is a full second faster at 3.57. He makes Usain Bolt look like a plodding TE when food is being served. wink

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 2:16 pm

Problem with Henry IMO is he is too damn big. He is 6 foot 3 and is a big target to light up. I think he will be "okay" but not great and will likely have a fairly short career, maybe 5 or 6 years.

coffee

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 2:20 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

Apparently you have not seen Lacy hitting the buffet tables, his 40 times is a full second faster at 3.57.  He makes Usain Bolt look like a plodding TE when food is being served.  wink
There is a new and improved Lacy this year, cheeseburger free, he might be sub 4.6 again pray

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 2:23 pm

Trade negotiations...hopefully the wait won't be long. Fyi.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 2:43 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
There is a new and improved Lacy this year, cheeseburger free, he might be sub 4.6 again pray

Yes, I've seen and read the same reports. I think he will produce this year, after all it is payday year. He'll be sucking down the Hulkster protein shakes and eating his vitamins so he can cash in on the 4 to 5M per year a RB seems to be getting nowadays. Then in the spring of 2017 it will be open season on the buffet tables ... laughing

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 2:46 pm

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

Yes, I've seen and read the same reports.  I think he will produce this year, after all it is payday year.  He'll be sucking down the Hulkster protein shakes and eating his vitamins so he can cash in on the 4 to 5M per year a RB seems to be getting nowadays.  Then in the spring of 2017 it will be open season on the buffet tables ... laughing
Think GB re-signs him? IMO if he's looking to cash it, GB will not be the highest bidder.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 2:53 pm

Lacy will have a monster year, and I think that was enough to kick him in the ass. Whether GB resigns him is another topic, but TT likes to pay his guys and a healthy/in shape Lacy is a great cog in the GB offense.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 3:48 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
England Dragons wrote:
Muskego Muskies wrote:

You think Henry is slowish? lol

Combine Review
Height – 6’2″
Weight – 247 pounds
40-yard dash – 4.54
Bench press – 22
Vertical jump – 37″
Broad jump – 130″
3-cone drill – 7.20

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 3:57 pm

What does bench press, vertical jump, broad jump have to do with speed?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 4:00 pm

Sty, stop supporting your prize hog.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 4:04 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Lacy will have a monster year, and I think that was enough to kick him in the ass.

He's a "MONSTER" alright...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 4:11 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
What does bench press, vertical jump, broad jump have to do with speed?

Its called copy/paste. Did I need to highlight his 40 yard dash for you?

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 4:25 pm

TT- I'd be open to adding a few picks in the next round or so, if anyone is looking to trade back/out

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 4:27 pm

I'd be open to trading back into the 3rd as well

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 4:48 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:

I am not saying Forte and Henry are the same RB at all, but I heard so many people bash Forte with some of the same worries. You might say now that you were not a person OFF Forte's bandwagon but I promise you people did not have Forte Love and he was wanted by many fantasy teams for the past several years.

Again---not saying it was you and not saying they are the same RB but alot of hate for one player doesn't mean "slam dunk suck" in the NFL. Sometimes the hate is wrong

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 4:53 pm

I am not a Henry fan but I respect him. Here is my article I wrote on DLF that was posted today.....I never use these articles to focus on the bad, I always try to focus on the good. It's public for goodness sakes and he is someone's son....for goodness sakes.

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2016/05/16/rookie-swot-derrick-henry/

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 4:54 pm

Incase you are not a premium member-----

Name: Derrick Henry
Position: Running Back
Pro Team: Tennessee Titans
College Team: Alabama
Draft status: Round 2, Pick 14, No. 45 overall

Combine Review
Height – 6’2″
Weight – 247 pounds
40-yard dash – 4.54
Bench press – 22
Vertical jump – 37″
Broad jump – 130″
3-cone drill – 7.20

Strengths

Derrick Henry was chosen by the Tennessee Titans with the 45th overall pick in the 2016 NFL draft. Henry has the ability to contribute immediately for the Tennessee Titans who are focused on improving their run game. His physical downhill running style, combined with strong pass blocking protection skills, can help in taking pressure off his quarterback. Henry has an extraordinary second gear of speed that helps him bolt past defenders. Nearly 30 percent of his explosive carries came late in his college games. This aids in his ability to wear down the opponent by the fourth quarter. He has a nose for the end zone which will increase touchdown percentages for the Titans. He can be a bully for short-yardage needs, but also maintains much needed patience in the running game.

Weaknesses

The successful ability Henry carries as a downhill runner has negatively affected his success when on assignment to run east and west plays on the football field. He lacks experience catching passes and runs high, not always behind his pads, where he could push through defenses. Although durability could be a concern, as it has been with most Alabama running backs, he has not shown any up to this point. This is despite carrying the ball nearly 400 times in his final season for the Crimson Tide.

Opportunities

Mike Malarkey, Head Coach of the Tennessee Titans, believes you need to run the ball to be successful in the NFL. He is of the belief that teams who make the playoffs have established running games. Henry is part of this plan. He fits the armor type build needed as a power back on the field to expand the Titans backfield into success. He also is reunited with his lead blocker at Alabama, Jalston Fowler, a fourth-round pick by the Titans in the 2015 NFL draft. He played all sixteen games with the Titans last year and Henry’s trust and familiarity with Fowler could prove profitable for his success.

Threats

The Tennessee Titans happen to have another big name running back on their roster. You may have heard of him: DeMarco Murray. The Pro Bowler is very much a part of the Titans plan to be successful in their running attack. Murray will weaken the chances of Henry being on the field for every play. Henry thrives best when he is fed the football over and over. Other running backs currently slated to carry the rock include Dexter McCluster, Antonio Andrews, David Cobb, Bishop Sankey, and rarely known David Fluellen. Nearly all NFL teams have become more versatile with their running games by spreading the ball around between more than one back.

Expectations

Despite the abundance of carries Murray is slated to be assigned by the Tennessee Titans, Derrick Henry can still be an outstanding contributor in his first year in the NFL. Their running styles can be complimented by one another when using Murray as the receiving threat and Henry as the downhill bruiser. He could easily be used as a solid RB2 on fantasy rosters lacking running back depth. If your fantasy team already has a solid running back core, he will be your favorite flex player all year long. Your fantasy opponents will be terrified seeing him as your flex opportunity. He will be fantasy relevant in 2016 but more so in touchdown heavy leagues without a PPR component.

NFL Comparison

I am not going to pretend I came up with these ideas but I have read he can be compared to Brandon Jacobs and Eddie George. It seems this is mostly due to his physical parallels in size. All three backs were 6’2”- 6’4” and around the same weight (240 plus) range. It is not impossible for Henry to be as successful as Eddie George, but it will be a hard fight to exceed George’s stats due to the NFL not using a one back system very often.

Projected Range in Rookie Drafts

Derrick Henry is the second running back being drafted in most all rookie drafts. He will not outrank Ezekiel Elliott on draft boards, but he likely will maintain his No. 2 RB status for all drafts leading up to the NFL season. Overall his rookie ADP appears to be 1.06-1.08.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 5:00 pm

Fuller at 2.09 is just stupid. Yeah, yeah, one trick pony. Realize he was the 2nd receiver taken. SECOND!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 5:22 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Fuller at 2.09 is just stupid. Yeah, yeah, one trick pony. Realize he was the 2nd receiver taken. SECOND!

Why did you not make a "good" offer to come and get him?

shrug

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 5:26 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Why did you not make a "good" offer to come and get him?

shrug

I don't need him. I already have all of the studs on my team. I rule

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 6:22 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

When I was talking to you (and Bob) about how there were two top 15ish players left, Fuller was one of them. I put a lot of stock into NFL draft position, and had I stayed there, I would've taken him. That said, he does seem risky. He's a little raw, a one trick pony as you say, and I think it's possible that he ends up being a fine NFL player but doesn't translate into a good fantasy player. Ultimately, my WR depth is such that he just wasn't a risk I had to take. Sometimes team need (or lack thereof) does come into it.

I agree though, great pick this late in the draft. I legitimately had Fuller and Bosa on my shortlist in the 1st round if I hadn't traded out. Bosa is still there for me at 2.07, and Fuller goes two picks later.

Fuller dropping reminds me of 2014 when I considered Allen Robinson at 1.10, passed on him, but then got him at 3.02. Of course the part of that story I don't talk about is that I passed on him at 1.10 for Cody Latimer, but hey, switch the picks around and it still looks okay.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 6:44 pm

New England Nineties wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

When I was talking to you (and Bob) about how there were two top 15ish players left, Fuller was one of them. I put a lot of stock into NFL draft position, and had I stayed there, I would've taken him. That said, he does seem risky. He's a little raw, a one trick pony as you say, and I think it's possible that he ends up being a fine NFL player but doesn't translate into a good fantasy player. Ultimately, my WR depth is such that he just wasn't a risk I had to take. Sometimes team need (or lack thereof) does come into it.

I agree though, great pick this late in the draft. I legitimately had Fuller and Bosa on my shortlist in the 1st round if I hadn't traded out. Bosa is still there for me at 2.07, and Fuller goes two picks later.

Fuller dropping reminds me of 2014 when I considered Allen Robinson at 1.10, passed on him, but then got him at 3.02. Of course the part of that story I don't talk about is that I passed on him at 1.10 for Cody Latimer, but hey, switch the picks around and it still looks okay.

Bosa will be garbage. Well, not garbage garbage, but I have him rated #4 at DE in this draft class. He's a very talented football player, but he doesn't tally stats that are necessary for fantasy football success. You should have taken Fuller and his to be WR3/4 production.

2cents my opinion is more valuable because I rule , so that's actually worth 4 cents fun dance

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 6:54 pm

####, going to e-mail Andy and see if I can undo my pick.

My feelings are hurt with this news, but my heart breaks for Carla who took him a full round higher than I did.

Sorry Carla. sad3

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 6:57 pm

My feelings are hurt with this news, but my heart breaks for Carla who took him a full round higher than I did.

Sorry Carla. sad3

high five 2nd

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 7:01 pm

Fuller at 2.09 was all Eric's doing and I quote his team building philosophy "TE's take time to develop and so does my team".

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 7:02 pm

San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
Fuller at 2.09 was all Eric's doing and I quote his team building philosophy "TE's take time to develop and so does my team".

Poor Eric doh

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 7:03 pm

Boy this draft right now is a real nightmare.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 7:08 pm

Greg's still on a high from winning the logo wars contest. Or he didn't ever think he'd be on the clock so soon and he's in analysis paralysis.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 7:13 pm

Sorry Carla. sad3

I am not worried, dont be sorry for me. Shawn hates everything.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 7:18 pm

[quote="Indiana Mayhem"]
Shawn hates everything.

laughing

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 16, 2016 7:57 pm

Boy this draft right now is a real nightmare.

So far, I'm loving it. I took Henry instead of Myles, which is whom I moved up to pick. Like I said, I'm fickle.

I just stared at Henry for a few minutes, then decided I needed to roll the dice. Probably a big mistake, time will tell.

Getting Smith AND Ragland filled some holes, so that makes me happy. ,1 more pick, have a guy I really want, see if he falls to me too. I doubt it, can't get that lucky.

I'm still stunned that Eric didn't take either Smith or Ragland. I fully expected neither to be there. Don't get me wrong, Lee/Jones are NOT slouches, just don't think they measure up to the other 3.

Be glad you got Jack.....see what I did there........Han-Yang. I almost took him instead.

Turned some 2nds/3rds into Henry/Smith/Ragland/+1. Yeah, I'll definitely take that!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   

Back to top Go down

The 2016 Roster Wars Draft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: