HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

The 2016 Roster Wars Draft

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Fri May 06, 2016 3:03 pm

A mere 9 days away, the Roster Wars draft is a very exciting event where we find out where rookies and free agents will end up. Has the chatter about some of these players been legit or have teams been putting out smoke screens? Who are the draft gurus and who are merely throwing darts at the board?

The Drafts begin on Sunday May 15th at 12:00amCT.

As always, we roll with no timer and an expectation that folks will handle their business in a timely fashion. You have time to work out trades. If you're not working out a trade then you are expected to pick ASAP. We have never had an issue with this with 24 owners over 3 seasons which equals 504 draft picks made without issue...don't be the one to fuck that streak up!!!

Also, for those new to RW and a reminder to those who've been here.....there is an expectation that everyone will add a comment for every pick (this can be done after the pick is made at some point) which we can look back on to see what folks were thinking or whatnot which makes for a nice report when we're done. Don't make me hassle you at the end of the draft to get us to 100% on this please.

Here are our last three drafts...

2013 DD
2013 TT

2014 DD
2014 TT

2015 DD
2015 TT

Who's ready? Who has been slackin? I know I'm hoping to be able to trade a bit more now as I have an idea of where I am with rookies and players and contracts.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Fri May 06, 2016 8:49 pm

Trying to be ready.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Fri May 06, 2016 11:27 pm

I'm so ready for this!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 12:15 am

Can't believe Carla didn't want those 1st 2 picks...

Roster Wars Draft Update

Pick 1.01:
Indiana Mayhem - Pick Skipped By Commissioner Waiting on Indiana Mayhem for the next pick.

Roster Wars Draft Update

Pick 1.02:
Indiana Mayhem - Pick Skipped By Commissioner Waiting on Tarpon Springs RedKnights for the next pick.

surprised

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 1:11 am

I am always ready for the rookie draft!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 2:09 am

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:

Ditto!!

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 5:29 am

Decatur Freakshow wrote:

Ditto!!

Ditto Ditto!!!!

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 5:45 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Decatur Freakshow wrote:

Ditto!!

Ditto Ditto!!!!

Ditto x3

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 am

England Dragons wrote:
Can't believe Carla didn't want those 1st 2 picks...

Roster Wars Draft Update

Pick 1.01:
Indiana Mayhem - Pick Skipped By Commissioner Waiting on Indiana Mayhem for the next pick.

Roster Wars Draft Update

Pick 1.02:
Indiana Mayhem - Pick Skipped By Commissioner Waiting on Tarpon Springs RedKnights for the next pick.

surprised

I know, did I already screw up the draft first time in RW history? shrug

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 7:04 am

Can we vote tomorrow in as the 15th?

I've already taken the wife out with kids for Mothers Day, so I'm good!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 7:13 am

In the past we would have someone like Jason (Chicago) complain about moving up the timer, just to be argumentative. I dont think we have any people in TT or DD anymore that argue just to argue.
We could move the draft up with no timer in this league and no one would complain one bit I bet. On the other side I dont mind keeping it on the 15th anyway as it gives me more time to talk Carla out of drafting Treadwell as he is my favorite player EVER!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 7:27 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
In the past we would have someone like Jason (Chicago) complain about moving up the timer, just to be argumentative. I dont think we have any people in TT or DD anymore that argue just to argue.
We could move the draft up with no timer in this league and no one would complain one bit I bet. On the other side I dont mind keeping it on the 15th anyway as it gives me more time to talk Carla out of drafting Treadwell as he is my favorite player EVER!

Sty, we can check and see if they make any Meds to get yo by the Treadwell lust. I'm the king of Meds right now, I could check that out for you!!

Just tryin' to help a brother out.......

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 7:30 am

OK, I'll ask,and, I admit I probably just missed the answer. I really did look to see if it was here anywhere...............

Do we have to sign our picks, or, can they be skipped? I apologize in advance, but I just don't remember, or, could I find it.

shrug shrug

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 7:35 am

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
OK, I'll ask,and, I admit I probably just missed the answer. I really did look to see if it was here anywhere...............

Do we have to sign our picks, or, can they be skipped? I apologize in advance, but I just don't remember, or, could I find it.

shrug shrug

Bob, you were right for the most part. Picks cannot be skipped, you need to draft and sign those flucks to a minimum of 1 year. So.... And Bob keep taking those meds buddy! as long as it keeps our buddy Bob healthy and with us they are good meds!

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Why do people think we can skip our draft picks?  That's weird.

When you're pick is on the clock, you shall pick or trade the pick.  When you pick a player that player shall be owed a contract by our deadline.

Don't worry Bob...I get why you did it.  I would have tried to get future picks probably but I don't think you're crazier than I thought you were before the trade or anything.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 7:46 am

Decatur Freakshow wrote:

shrug shrug

Bob, you were right for the most part. Picks cannot be skipped, you need to draft and sign those flucks to a minimum of 1 year. So.... And Bob keep taking those meds buddy! as long as it keeps our buddy Bob healthy and with us they are good meds!

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
Why do people think we can skip our draft picks?  That's weird.

When you're pick is on the clock, you shall pick or trade the pick.  When you pick a player that player shall be owed a contract by our deadline.

Don't worry Bob...I get why you did it.  I would have tried to get future picks probably but I don't think you're crazier than I thought you were before the trade or anything.

Thanks Sty! I appreciate it. Being out of the loop just "flucking" sucks!!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 7:59 am

Oh and thanks Andy. Didn't see your post.

I didn't think we could just skip them, but, all the questions about it made me doubt myself.

You're right, 20/20 says I should have went after a future pick.

Russ, want to re-do it and give me a future instead??????

raise eyebrow

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 8:08 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Decatur Freakshow wrote:
San Francisco Golddiggers wrote:
I think you can pass also but why not trade for a 2017 pick instead? Crazy.

Yeah, 20/20 as it is, I guess I should have. Oh well. Got in a hurry.

I didn't think we could pass our Picks, didn't want to carry the years.

As to Gordon, as I said, I need a RB. SDC didn't draft one, so, that means they feel Gordon is the guy. I hope so, I just banked on it.......

And let's get realistic here, we are talking 5ths/6ths/7ths here. Normally, these guys never see PT.

doh doh pretty colors shocking

If there was confusion on the rules, I'm ok with reversing the trade back.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 8:34 am

Ummmm.......you havent even tried to talk me into our out off LT yet Sty........ pretty colors

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 8:37 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Ummmm.......you havent even tried to talk me into our out off LT yet Sty........ pretty colors

It's a trap!

He hates Treadwell, desperate for you to take him at 1.02.

wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 8:50 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Yes I have! check the Treadwell thread, I lied out of my teeth trying to sway you, I also even posted good news about Doctson even though I cant stand him just so people can start talking him up! I have tried reverse psychology, regular forward psychology, Biology, even escatology in order to convince you that Treadwell is your guy, or is not your guy! SHIT I cant even remember what I want now, do I want you to pick him or not, I dont even know if I like Treadwell! I have jumbled my brain now to not knowing if I like him or not. His combine sucked, he is slow as heck has small hands and small feet (probably a small p...) But on the other hand he plays for Minnesota who has no WR's. Damnit, I think I like him, I like his name its much better then drafting a RB named Smallwood or some other weird dude that might burn your whole town down and start parading with a black flag (Jihad Ward)... Anyway I dont know how I feel about you picking Treadwell at 1.2 but I have followed you're tweeter page and you were talking about not seeing many 1.2 not be LT soooooooooo, makes me believe you will go with the crowd.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 9:16 am

Carla talks a lot on Twitter, even more than me on RW... Set up, knock it out of the park!

Draft Tread, can't wait to see that train wreck.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 9:46 am

I have no picks in this draft now! Woohoo!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 10:03 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I have no picks in this draft now!  Woohoo!

Yeah, I have 1 pick in this draft and I'm happy about it. I wanted out badly.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 10:05 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
I have no picks in this draft now!  Woohoo!

Yeah, I have 1 pick in this draft and I'm happy about it. I wanted out badly.

I just don't know enough about this draft class to feel like I could actually use the picks well and I don't have the time to research properly. Plus I have enough guys to assign contracts to as it is.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 10:23 am

I'm ready...To "watch" everyone else make their picks. lol3

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 11:26 am

Hey wait, I thought Bosa was your guy. wink Damn you Sty, throwing up smokescreens all over the place. You're drafting another QB aren't you?

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 11:29 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Tom I have some sweet 6th and 7th rd picks if you're interested. Throw me a 2017 pick and they could be yours. They're on the table all draft long in case you get that itch.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 12:24 pm

Muskego Muskies wrote:
Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Tom I have some sweet 6th and 7th rd picks if you're interested. Throw me a 2017 pick and they could be yours. They're on the table all draft long in case you get that itch.

Wait!...Shouldn't you throw me some 2017 picks to take those late rounders off your hands, and save you the contract years?  wink

Never know Dan, might just take you up on it.   Depending on how sharp you Guys are, might just be some worth while table scraps left at the end of the draft..or not. sad2

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 12:45 pm

I've been hearing this a lot lately, about people not liking this years draft? I don't know about some people, but I feel this a pretty deep draft and like most the prospects coming out

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
I've been hearing this a lot lately, about people not liking this years draft?  I don't know about some people, but I feel this a pretty deep draft and like most the prospects coming out

I agree with you Derrick. Plus, it would seem we never learn our lesson, how many of the top picks will be busts and the later guys matter?

I'm personally stoked!

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sat May 07, 2016 4:14 pm

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
I've been hearing this a lot lately, about people not liking this years draft?  I don't know about some people, but I feel this a pretty deep draft and like most the prospects coming out

I agree with you Derrick. Plus, it would seem we never learn our lesson, how many of the top picks will be busts and the later guys matter?

I'm personally stoked!
I agree with you guys. I don't think there are a lot of high profile skilled players but I do think there will be a lot of talent in this draft. I think I almost enjoy this draft a little more because I love the research aspect of drafting and this year just requires a little more digging.

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sun May 08, 2016 12:35 am

Can't wait for the draft! Ready to rock and roll!

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sun May 08, 2016 5:46 am

1 week!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sun May 08, 2016 6:53 am

This draft is one of the most fun for me because like your thinking, there really are little obvious moves.  The drafts I have seen have guys going everywhere, no true pattern.  

What do you lose if you have picks?  Nothing.  Just make them.  I mean we were handed 7 picks in RW.  It didnt cost you anything to obtain them.  You lost zero.  Make the best of it.

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sun May 08, 2016 4:34 pm

i ttraded away most of my picks. I am not a big fan of this draft. I will watch from the sidelines through the early rounds.

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sun May 08, 2016 8:06 pm

Decatur Freakshow wrote:

I'm personally stoked!

FWIW, this is a very deep draft, esp for IDPs. Love the depth at DB, and Miles Jack is in an underrated situation in Jacksonville. The one position I'm not as stoked about is QB, but at most other skill positions this is a solid group.
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sun May 08, 2016 9:19 pm

Sorry for the delay everyone. For some reason I thought that this started tomorrow. Gonna figure out how to draft here and Zeke will be off the board.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sun May 08, 2016 9:23 pm

Is this open? I tried to draft but could only put in a predraft. Assuming that it's 1:00 am EST Monday, I have predrafted Zeke. If that doesn't go through and I'm asleep, that will be the pick and it can be put in by commish. If not, I'll try again in a bit and see if I can do it.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sun May 08, 2016 9:29 pm

You are 1 week early Russ. Be the ball. laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sun May 08, 2016 9:31 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
ROFL

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sun May 08, 2016 9:42 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

party4 ROFL

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sun May 08, 2016 9:45 pm

I'm just so zeked to have the first pick.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sun May 08, 2016 9:46 pm

lol 2

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Sun May 08, 2016 10:09 pm

I've already drafted in a couple other leagues, and I swear it's the funnest thing EVER!! Well, anything fantasy football is fun so metal

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 09, 2016 1:01 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

ROFL

clap

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 09, 2016 6:29 am

Oaktown Malosos wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

party4 ROFL

Feeling is mutual, I am "zeked" to but you might be more "zeked" than me at the moment.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 09, 2016 6:39 am

[quote="Shaferville Stars"][quote="Decatur Freakshow"]

FWIW, this is a very deep draft, esp for IDPs. Love the depth at DB, and Miles Jack is in an underrated situation in Jacksonville. The one position I'm not as stoked about is QB, but at most other skill positions this is a solid group.

Ummm, people are already starting to take my later round "hope and dream" players in my other drafts. Is this going to continue here? Cause I am getting tired of it.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 09, 2016 7:46 am

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Shaferville Stars wrote:
Decatur Freakshow wrote:

Ummm, people are already starting to take my later round "hope and dream" players in my other drafts.  Is this going to continue here?  Cause I am getting tired of it.

Take them earlier if you want them or stop complaining.   wedgie

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 09, 2016 5:46 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Shaferville Stars wrote:
Decatur Freakshow wrote:

Ummm, people are already starting to take my later round "hope and dream" players in my other drafts.  Is this going to continue here?  Cause I am getting tired of it.

Take them earlier if you want them or stop complaining.   wedgie

No

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   Mon May 09, 2016 10:23 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Shaferville Stars wrote:
Decatur Freakshow wrote:

No its only going to continue sad3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2016 Roster Wars Draft   

Back to top Go down

The 2016 Roster Wars Draft
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: