HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 
 

 Laquon Treadwell WR MIN

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9559

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:53 am

HAHA! Chris loves Bridge for some reason. I just don't see it man.

EDIT: HAHA, just looked. He owns him. THAT is why!!!!   laughing


Back to top Go down
Online
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:59 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Don't go buying any new Teddy B jerseys yet.  I'm not quite as optimistic as you are that he'll be tossing the rock in Minny in 10 years, maybe not even 2 years.

I love the prank though.  It seems like the league and the teams are cracking down on some of this but it's a rite of passage.

Are you suggesting that Teddy won't even be in the league in 2 years or just with the Vikings?    Either way,   I think that is totally off base.    Teddy is already a very good NFL QB in terms of winning,  and leading a team to the playoffs...   He also had the best QB rating in the league last season during the 2 minute drills...   Due to lack of weapons and a heavy reliance on the running game he hasn't put up huge fantasy stats yet,  but that certainly won't keep him from being the Vikings starter or a starter in the NFL for an extended length of time...

With Treadwell there now,  and Peterson getting another year older,   I think we are going to start seeing more opportunity for Teddy and I think his stats will start rising,   especially if the Oline can clean up their pass blocking and keep him from being the most pressured QB in the league like he was last season!   I don't think he will ever be as big of a fantasy dominator as Andrew Luck or Aaron Rodgers,   and he may not even be as fantasy relevant as Matthew Stafford has been,  but from an NFL standpoint I would want Bridgewater over Stafford (and many other current starters)  100 times out of 100,  without any reservations...


The main point of the post was that he won't be a 10-15 year type guy.  And I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't the guy at the end of the 2017 season.  I haven't watched many of his games but I haven't seen anything that wows me yet.  And guys who have more turnovers than TDs generally don't have long NFL careers.  I'm hoping for improvement there but I don't see the Vikes sticking with him 2, 3, 4 years if he doesn't take the next step.

So, you haven't even watched him play much? Than what are you basing your thought that he won't be a long time starter on? Just on hearsay or maybe his low TD pass totals so far? It is just silly to have an opinion like that if you haven't watched him play or looked into the circumstances that may have limited his passing stats up to this point... It's like telling everyone that a movie you haven't even watched is terrible and isn't worth seeing!

I have watched Teddy extensively and that is why I couldn't disagree with your "uninformed opinion" more... First of all Teddy is a winner, the Vikings are 17-13 with him starting, but more importantly they were 11-5 in his second season and they went to the playoffs, and the only reason they lost the playoff game was due to a missed kick. Secondly, he doesn't have more turnovers than TD's, in two seasons he has thrown 28 TDs and 21 INT, and has 4 rushing TDs and 3 lost fumbles... so that is 32 total TDs and 24 total turnovers. So again that is just lazy on your part to not even check before implying such a claim...

It is common knowledge that in the two years Teddy has been the starter, he has had very few weapons in the passing game to help him and only AP really as any kind of offensive threat to opposing defenses. And the Vikings reliance on the running game, especially in the red zone is one of the biggest factors in limiting his TD passes so far... But outside of the low TD total there is nothing wrong with his stats, he has a QB rating of 87.0 and a completion % of 65% while throwing for 6,150 yards. And as I mentioned in my last post he was the highest rated QB in the NFL inside of 2 minutes (first half and end of game), so that says something about his ability to be clutch when the pressure is on.

Those are decent numbers for a 2nd year QB and to me (and pretty much everybody else who has actually paid attention) they are indicators that he can continue to succeed in the NFL and can put up even better numbers as he gains offensive weapons, I think it is safe to say that the addition of Treadwell and the continued development of Stefon Diggs give him the best WR corps he has had up to this point, so there is some promise that his numbers will continue to improve...

Teddy is going to continue to improve and continue to win NFL games, and winning NFL games is really what keeps QBs employed in the NFL, I think anyone expecting Teddy to be out of a starting job in the next couple of seasons is either a hater or is woefully misinformed, simple as that really...


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:02 pm

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:
VS  

eating popcorn

Nope, not really... Nick is a Packer fan, so it is kind of his job to hate Teddy... Besides, he won't bring any facts or well thought out reasons to the table, just blanket statements that Teddy sucks...


Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1513

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:11 pm

mischevious

Can't wait for that match up!


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
HAHA! Chris loves Bridge for some reason. I just don't see it man.

EDIT: HAHA, just looked. He owns him. THAT is why!!!!   laughing

I don't love Bridgewater because I own him, I own him because I love him, there is a difference, I don't argue for guys I own, I argue for guys I believe in. I was a huge fan of his from college and made it a point to try and acquire him in every league I am in, especially the 2 QB leagues (like RW).

I have seen nothing but promise from him in his first two seasons, of course the big fantasy stats haven't been there yet, but his numbers are actually pretty respectable given the complete lack of playmakers that he has had in the passing game and the limited opportunities due to the running game taking precedence... With the addition of Treadwell and the development of Diggs I think he will start getting more opportunities and the stats will improve.

Above all, Teddy is a leader and a winner, leading his team to the division title @ 11-5 is impressive for any 2nd year QB.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9559

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:10 pm

Just because you are the QB doesn't mean you LEAD YOUR TEAM to a division title. The Vikings won the division title because they have a pretty good damn defense and Adrian Peterson. Teddy did very little, except for not screw up too much to LEAD his team to that.

He is not a solid QB in the NFL. If he didn't have a good defense, or AD to let him feed the ball to him, he would be in the talks of having his job be in jeopardy. Fact is that he is just above .500 in wins, and has a 28-21 TD:INT ratio, and a weak ass arm. He checks down consistently because his deep ball accuracy is awful.

I watch a lot of viking games. You can say it is my job to hate him because I am a Packer fan all you want, but I am not like that. I think the Vikings have a good team, and he is holding them back, and will continue to do so.


Back to top Go down
Online
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:01 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Just because you are the QB doesn't mean you LEAD YOUR TEAM to a division title. The Vikings won the division title because they have a pretty good damn defense and Adrian Peterson. Teddy did very little, except for not screw up too much to LEAD his team to that.

He is not a solid QB in the NFL. If he didn't have a good defense, or AD to let him feed the ball to him, he would be in the talks of having his job be in jeopardy. Fact is that he is just above .500 in wins, and has a 28-21 TD:INT ratio, and a weak ass arm. He checks down consistently because his deep ball accuracy is awful.

I watch a lot of viking games. You can say it is my job to hate him because I am a Packer fan all you want, but I am not like that. I think the Vikings have a good team, and he is holding them back, and will continue to do so.

Teddy is the Vikings leader right alongside AP... everything I have read on the subject, the other players on offense and more importantly, the coaches, they all consider him the leader. I think him being the highest rated QB in 2 minute drills goes hand in hand with that.

To say he is not a solid NFL QB is just false, there is no evidence to suggest that. There is more evidence to suggest that he is very solid , another case in point, PFF analytics found that Bridgewater was the most accurate passing QB in the NFL in 2015 link: http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/1/21/10807782/pro-football-focus-teddy-bridgewater-most-accurate-passer-in-nfl

Does Bridgewater have a cannon? No, but to say he has a "weak ass arm" is not accurate either. He has plenty of arm strength to make all the necessary throws in the NFL. He throws more short to intermediate routes partly because that is the play being called for and partly because he was the most pressured QB in the NFL in 2015 and was forced to throw quickly on a majority of dropbacks. Also, deep ball accuracy is also helped by the WRs and it can't be understated how inconsistent and poor his WR corps has been overall to this point...

You can claim that he is holding the Vikings back, but I think it is more accurate to say that so far, the Vikings have been holding him back, both in play calling and in the fact that he has not had any consistency and precious little talent in the receiving corps that he has had to work with. I think with more talent catching the ball and more opportunities to pass, he will continue to improve and better stats will follow. Sure his TD: INT ratio hasn't been the best to this point but he still has less turnovers than TDs and I think you are ignoring how that is fairly uncommon for young rookie and 2nd yr QB's, and it is usually an indicator of a good QB and future success.




Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1513

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:08 pm

agree


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9559

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:58 pm

Well I'm on a bus right now so I'm not going to type a novel, but he has high accuracy because he is consistently throwing 5 yard passes. It's almost painful to watch as an NFL fan.


Back to top Go down
Online
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:00 pm

You are exaggerating when you claim he threw mainly 5 yard passes and that that would be the only reason he threw so accurately...   Alot of the shorter throws were a result of being under so much pressure,   but he did throw alot in that 10-25 yard window as well and was very accurate.   Actually I came across this stat breakdown thing (see below) that shows that Teddy's deep ball skills in 2015 were not as bad as people tend to think,  they had him in the middle of the pack and even graded him out with a B-.



Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9559

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:06 pm

So while throwing balls that far he throws twice as many INT's as TD's? Ouch. Sounds like a chucker to me.


Back to top Go down
Online
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:32 pm

Of course, I realize that he has room for improvement, he does, but he also needs improvement from his WRs and TEs who have been part of the problem up to this point... If Aaron Rodgers was throwing to the same group of players that Teddy has the last couple of years, his numbers would have suffered as well...

If Diggs continues to improve and Treadwell provides the intermediate possession and redzone threat that he is capable of, I like the prospect of Teddy's stats improving significantly... If Johnson can get healthy and flash any of the ability that he did two years ago, that can only help.

All in all though, having a big arm and throwing deep has never been Teddy's game and never will be, but by the same token he hasn't been as bad at throwing deep as the general consensus seems to think he is either, the numbers bear that out...


Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3644

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:07 pm

Treadwell is a good fit for Bridgewaters intermediate arm. I think they help each other, it's the old "let me help you" theory with these two.

coffee


Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1329

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:30 pm

So getting back to Laquon since this is his thread...

Would you guys consider him the #1 or is he the complement to Diggs??


Back to top Go down
Maple Grove Mean Machine
 
 
avatar

Posts : 1513

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:40 pm

I consider him a 2, at the moment. By, week 8, he will be #1. Diggs needs to figure out how teams play him, and make those adjustments. I don't see it.


Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4922

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:02 am

I know that quite a few of you are in Minnesota.  What's the scoop with Treadwell?  I haven't seen much written about him lately but the fact that he was a healthy scratch this past weekend is concerning.  Is he just having a tough time getting used to the offense or the pro game in general?


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:25 am

PFT wrote:
Through three games of the season, Vikings receiver Laquon Treadwell is one of this year’s most disappointing first-round rookies: He dressed but didn’t play in Week One, got on the field for only two snaps in Week Two, and was inactive in Week Three.

So what will it take for Treadwell to start playing?

“He has to continue to do better in practice,” Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said. “He’s working, just biding his time until he gets an opportunity like how [Stefon] Diggs was last year. I still think he’s thinking about the number of steps to take on each route and things like that, being at the right depth.”

When the Vikings took Treadwell with the 23rd overall pick in the draft, they surely thought he could make an immediate contribution to their offense. Instead, he’s a bench warmer. Zimmer seems confident that Treadwell will eventually prove on the practice field that he belongs on the field on Sundays, but that hasn’t happened yet.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9559

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:55 am

Just not smart enough, and not a hard enough worker. Can't pass Adam Thielen.  laughing


Back to top Go down
Online
Hamilton Steel Cats
 
 
avatar

Posts : 3644

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:58 am

Treadwell is looking pretty fucking sad at this point. He is reminding me of that loser Mike Williams the Lions drafted a decade or so ago out of USC. Big, Slow, and Stupid is no way to ensure an NFL career, so sayeth Dean Wormer.

coffee


Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:59 am

4 steps? Did you say 4 steps or 6?


Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5134

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:23 am

Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Treadwell is looking pretty fucking sad at this point.  He is reminding me of that loser Mike Williams the Lions drafted a decade or so ago out of USC.  Big, Slow, and Stupid is no way to ensure an NFL career, so sayeth Dean Wormer.

coffee

Ugh.. there is a name that pisses me off to this day. Mad

Everyone, and I mean everyone thought they were going to take this Demarcus Ware dude from some little known school. Millen even said as much after the fact, but when they thought about having Roy Williams, CHarles Rogers and Mike Williams together. FUCK ME. I hate you Millen.


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9559

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:25 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
Hamilton Steel Cats wrote:
Treadwell is looking pretty fucking sad at this point.  He is reminding me of that loser Mike Williams the Lions drafted a decade or so ago out of USC.  Big, Slow, and Stupid is no way to ensure an NFL career, so sayeth Dean Wormer.

coffee

Ugh.. there is a name that pisses me off to this day.  Mad

Everyone, and I mean everyone thought they were going to take this Demarcus Ware dude from some little known school.  Millen even said as much after the fact, but when they thought about having Roy Williams, CHarles Rogers and Mike Williams together.  FUCK ME.  I hate you Millen.

laughing

I have some Lions fans buddies who have echoed those exact words. But then they may have hit on a little guy called Tron. Not sure though.  tongue I cursed the day they drafted him.


Back to top Go down
Online
Kane County Goon Squad
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7458

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:37 am

is he going to be another C Patterson?


Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws
 
 
avatar

Posts : 4777

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:31 pm

Where did anything about not being smart or not being a hard worker come from? You guys project much? Is it dissappointing that a 1st round rookie hasn't got on the field yet? absolutely, but are we really driving the nail in players coffins 3 games into their career? Playing WR in the NFL is difficult (only position more difficult is QB), it wasn't that long ago that almost every rookie WR was brought along slowly and most didn't produce until year two or three... Are we really that spoiled by some of the recent wonder classes of rookie receivers that we write off a guy like Treadwell during the infancy of his career?! If so, please send me your offers for him, I would gladly buy for the right price...


Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants
 
 
avatar

Posts : 9559

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:32 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Where did anything about not being smart or not being a hard worker come from?  You guys project much?    Is it dissappointing that a 1st round rookie hasn't got on the field yet?  absolutely,   but are we really driving the nail in players coffins 3 games into their career?    Playing WR in the NFL is difficult (only position more difficult is QB),    it wasn't that long ago that almost every rookie WR was brought along slowly and most didn't produce until year two or three...   Are we really that spoiled by some of the recent wonder classes of rookie receivers that we write off a guy like Treadwell during the infancy of his career?!    If so,   please send me your offers for him,   I would gladly buy for the right price...

Go pay for him, bet on your guy.


Back to top Go down
Online
Morrison Minions
 
 
avatar

Posts : 7113

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:35 pm

Just like with Goff, a healthy scratch for a 1st round pick is very discouraging. I think after 3 games it's safe to be curious if this guy has what it takes.


Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers
 
 
avatar

Posts : 5628

PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:40 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Where did anything about not being smart or not being a hard worker come from?  You guys project much?    Is it dissappointing that a 1st round rookie hasn't got on the field yet?  absolutely,   but are we really driving the nail in players coffins 3 games into their career?    Playing WR in the NFL is difficult (only position more difficult is QB),    it wasn't that long ago that almost every rookie WR was brought along slowly and most didn't produce until year two or three...   Are we really that spoiled by some of the recent wonder classes of rookie receivers that we write off a guy like Treadwell during the infancy of his career?!    If so,   please send me your offers for him,   I would gladly buy for the right price...

I would say signs point in the wrong direction being a healthy scratch. Not just a non-starter, a healthy scratch. The days of waiting for 3 years for a WR are long gone because colleges are better at teaching the position. Quick, name the last first round pick that took three years to blossom into a star?

eating popcorn eating popcorn





oh, and the Wentz thread is calling or you too!


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Laquon Treadwell WR MIN   

Back to top Go down
 
Laquon Treadwell WR MIN
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: