View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Joey Bosa DE SD   Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:41 pm

Drafting that D high!

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:52 pm

Curious fit, a 3-4 defense taking a 4-3 DE... Typical Chargers trying to beat a square peg into a round hole! And they desperately needed OL help, its their weakest position, and they had their pick of the best of the best! loser

Back to top Go down
Edinburgh Galacticos

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:26 pm

Any thoughts on Bosa not signing his rookie deal? It's so rare these days I'm not even sure what I think. Rookies probably should be negotiating more but at the same time he is coming across as selfish and not a team player by not signing.
Chargers seem to be well and truly digging heels in, so I don't know how / when this is going to end.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:26 pm

Let him sit. Him and the team both suffer.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Yep, this is nothing but a red character flag as far as I am concerned... Not doing himself any favors with his new employer or more importantly with his new teammates...

Back to top Go down
Muskego Muskies

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:23 am

The contract situations are so fucked up in the NFL I can never blame the player for trying to get every cent as quick as possible. Until the owners are not allow the waive players and dump salaries of players who are under "contract" this is the shit they're going to deal with.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:25 pm

His camp rejected the Chargers most recent offer. I hope they make him sit the entire year. What a douchebag.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:41 pm

I heard somewhere that this is actually the Chargers being dbags. That what he's asking for with his signing bonus is what all other top 5 picks get (100% up front), but they're trying to spread it out over 4 years, which no other teams have tried to do with top 5 picks. I don't know too much about it though

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:42 pm

I heard somewhere that if he doesn't sign, he's eligible to be a rookie again next year...?

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:49 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
His camp rejected the Chargers most recent offer. I hope they make him sit the entire year. What a douchebag.

Quote :
The San Diego Union-Tribune's Michael Gehlken reports the Chargers recently offered holdout No. 3 overall pick Joey Bosa "their best offer," but Bosa rejected it and talks "are nowhere."
This is past being ridiculous, but it's only getting worse. There was a report earlier this week that the Chargers were willing to give Bosa $10 million of his $17 million signing bonus up front, but that's still not good enough for Bosa's camp. This looks like it could seriously linger into the regular season, and the Chargers have pulled their most recent offer. They also released a public statement, making this a PR war now. In the statement, the team said it'll have to now adjust any further offers because Bosa isn't going to be able to play all 16 regular-season games due to all the missed time. This is getting ugly.  

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I heard somewhere that this is actually the Chargers being dbags.  That what he's asking for with his signing bonus is what all other top 5 picks get (100% up front), but they're trying to spread it out over 4 years, which no other teams have tried to do with top 5 picks.  I don't know too much about it though

This last offer seems reasonable...What exactly is he asking for, and is there a precedent?  I'm not getting how much more/what else he is wanting...

England Dragons wrote:
I heard somewhere that if he doesn't sign, he's eligible to be a rookie again next year...?

thinking

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:03 pm

England Dragons wrote:

Yep, back to the draft!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:13 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

Yep, back to the draft!

Oh wow, that's kind of like baseball then.  They have like a month to sign their draft picks and if they do not sign, they are back into the draft pool.  I didn't realize the NFL is like that too.  I imagine not too many high profile guys haven't signed in the past.  I know there were instances of guys getting traded or saying they wouldn't play with team X if they were drafted by them.  Not sure I can recall a situation like this.  I mean Eli & Elway come to mind.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:18 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

Yep, back to the draft!

Oh wow, that's kind of like baseball then.  They have like a month to sign their draft picks and if they do not sign, they are back into the draft pool.  I didn't realize the NFL is like that too.  I imagine not too many high profile guys haven't signed in the past.  I know there were instances of guys getting traded or saying they wouldn't play with team X if they were drafted by them.  Not sure I can recall a situation like this.  I mean Eli & Elway come to mind.

Only if he does not sign at all this year and does not play can he be in that situation. They have had months to come to a deal. It doesn't happen because these idiots are going to be broke, and someone is holding out a check for millions of dollars. In this case, $10 million on a check. Idiot. 2nd most in this draft...

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:25 pm

I'm all for these guys getting as much as possible and I also understand the short life span of a NFL player and that their lifetime earing potential is possibly only a few years, but $10 million is a pretty solid start to life.  Hell, that's a life changing start to life.  

In our industry, there is a shortage of experienced drivers that some companies are offering $500-$1000 signing bonus after 6 months of employment.  A far cry from $10 million. laughing

I hope Joey is considering his options if he doesn't sign.  Because if he has to go to Plan B, signing bonuses in the real world are missing a couple of zeros that he may be used too.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:08 pm

I'm pretty surprised at the Chargers here.  

My understanding is that Bosa was willing to take either 100% bonus up front or No offset language and that the Chargers were trying to get him to take both -- which is crazy town.  

I hope the Chargers get hosed here. I "think" that his dad was in the NFL, so I don't think his family is hurting for cash.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:12 pm

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
I'm pretty surprised at the Chargers here.  

My understanding is that Bosa was willing to take either 100% bonus up front or No offset language and that the Chargers were trying to get him to take both -- which is crazy town.  

I hope the Chargers get hosed here.  I "think" that his dad was in the NFL, so I don't think his family is hurting for cash.
agree

this is what I heard too

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:14 pm

I think its easy to say he's being a dbag bc its 10 million dollars and he should be happy that he gets to play a game for millions of dollars, etc.

However, if you think about it in terms of your own job, it becomes a bit more murky. What if everyone else who just got hired all got paid X on the 1st day, but your company wants to pay you X but over the next 12 months. I'm willing to bet that you would feel slighted and mistreated, lowballed, etc.

sbnation wrote:
One of the holdups in negotiations has been that Bosa’s side wants the Chargers to either pay the entirety of his signing bonus up front or to omit offset language that would keep the Chargers from having to pay out guaranteed money to Bosa should they choose to not pick up his fifth-year option.

From my understanding, every other top 5 pick got their signing bonus up front this year and the last 2-3 years. The Chargers are refusing to do that and are trying to spin it so it makes it look like Bosa is the issue. If I were Bosa and I knew none of the other top 5 picks had to deal with delayed signing bonus AND offset language, Id be pissed off too.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:32 pm

HEAR! HEAR!

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Shaferville Stars

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Nevada NightHawks wrote:
I'm all for these guys getting as much as possible and I also understand the short life span of a NFL player and that their lifetime earing potential is possibly only a few years, but $10 million is a pretty solid start to life.  Hell, that's a life changing start to life.  

In our industry, there is a shortage of experienced drivers that some companies are offering $500-$1000 signing bonus after 6 months of employment.  A far cry from $10 million. laughing

I hope Joey is considering his options if he doesn't sign.  Because if he has to go to Plan B, signing bonuses in the real world are missing a couple of zeros that he may be used too.

He could always play in the CFL...

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:20 pm

Shaferville Stars wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

Or share a room with Tebow at baseball tryouts?!??

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:45 pm

Shaferville Stars wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

If he does that the Chargers will own his rights for 3 years. He's better off just reentering the draft next year and signing with a team that isn't run by colossal assholes.

TBH even if they caved and offered me the deal I wanted I'd refuse on principle at this point. Why would you want to put yourself on the line for a team that clearly doesn't give two shits about you?

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:38 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Shaferville Stars wrote:
Nevada NightHawks wrote:

If he does that the Chargers will own his rights for 3 years.  He's better off just reentering the draft next year and signing with a team that isn't run by colossal assholes.  

TBH even if they caved and offered me the deal I wanted I'd refuse on principle at this point.  Why would you want to put yourself on the line for a team that clearly doesn't give two shits about you?

I hear what you're saying, Justin, but by re-entering the draft, he'll likely lose millions of dollars in draft slot alone.  He is unlikely to be the #3 pick in the draft next year when he's been out of football for a year.

Its in the best interest of both parties to just get the deal done.  SD cant afford to be the only team in the new CBA era to not sign a 1st round draft pick (let alone the #3 pick), especially when they are trying to get a deal done with the city for a new stadium.  And for Bosa, this could be the best contract that he ever signs.  I get him holding out to get either the delayed signing bonus or the offset language out, but if SD does end up removing one of those things, he has to sign.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:34 am

Looks like he's trying....

Quote :

According to Profootballtalk on NBC Sports, Chargers holdout No. 3 overall pick Joey Bosa has offered to defer a "significant portion" of his signing bonus to March 2017.
It's the first sign of progress we've seen in weeks though Bosa's surprise peace offering still wasn't enough to close the massive gap that exists between the two sides. Bosa has been working out in Florida but it's still unclear when we'll see him on a football field again. There's a very real chance this standoff could last into the regular season.

Last edited by Oaktown Malosos on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:45 am

Last ditch effort to try to get the deal done so he doesn't miss regular season time, and money.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:39 pm

What happens in this league if Bosa goes back into the draft? Does he stay with the teams that draft him and it's just like he traded NFL teams? Does he go back into our rookie pool too?

Yes, I'm too lazy to look if this is in the rulebook. Personally, I didn't think this would ever happen

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:50 pm

heard this subject brought up on a podcast recently - their thought and I agree is that if you drafted him in FF he's yours and you just have to wait for him to play - your penalty is he doesn't play for a year you this year, shouldn't be shafted twice by losing the pick too

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:30 pm

Bosa is a fuckwit...

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:32 pm

Either this guy is the the smuggest shit out there and knows he is a bona fide stud, or he knows he is all hype and is gonna suck balls like that hump dick from Oregon a few years back that Miami drafted and wants all this cheddar up front. He sure is coming off as one greedy son of a bitch. SD basically has to pony up and get this fuck signed so they don't waste the pick and the twat sits the year and goes in next years draft.

Speaking of which, that may be what happens in the NFL, but I cannot see that being the case in fantasy. That would be a true ass fucking that you have absolutely zero control of. I cannot see him going back into the rookie drafts for fantasy leagues, the punishment of having him waste a year sitting seems more than enough for an owner to take.

2cents

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:12 am

We don't have a rule specifically covering said situation but I don't need one to tell you that you drafted him and he's yours...if he ends up not playing this year and next year playing in Chicago it'll be the same story as my draft pick last year, Kevin White.

If (and for some reason I know someone will do it) a fantasy league does anything but treat it that way it would be laughable to me.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:54 am

I guess it would be kind of like losing a guy to a year ending injury before the season starts.  You hang onto him for the next season.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Roto wrote:
Chargers signed No. 3 overall pick DE Joey Bosa to a four-year, $26 million contract.
The deal includes a $17 million signing bonus. The question is, when will it be payed out. The sides had been battling over a deferment, as well as offset language. It's unclear who blinked, but it was likely both sides. Bosa now has only 13 days to get ready for Week 1 after skipping the entire offseason program. He's supposedly been working out "like a madman" on his own. Bosa could be on an early snap count, but he's an elite 21-year-old athlete. At least physically, it won't take him long to get up to speed.

Cannot wait to see who blinked...fuck the chargers managment.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:36 pm

That really bums me out to be honest. Really wanted to see him reenter the draft next year.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:41 pm

Yeah, looking forward to the details on this. I think the Chargers and him were both being bitches, but glad I don't have to hear about it anymore.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:12 pm

Once the contract is signed, do they give out the fine details?  Just because that has been an issue all summer makes me want to see what the final result was.  I don't like cliff-hangers.  money eyes

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:02 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
That really bums me out to be honest.  Really wanted to see him reenter the draft next year.

That was never gonna happen because after his little primadonna holdout, there was absolutely no chance that he would go in the top 3 next year... plus with next year having some really good talent, he may not have gone in the top 10... If he didn't sign, he was going to lose money, not make more next year...

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:03 am

Boutique damn time! This shit was getting pretty ridiculous

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:04 am

Littleton SilverBallers wrote:
Boutique damn time!  This shit was getting pretty ridiculous

You typed that on your phone.  lol 2

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:05 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Laughing

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:11 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Laughing

Stupid auto correct!

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:54 am

Lol, I can't picture Derrek ever visiting or saying boutique.... But he just did laughing laughing

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:14 am

you'll only catch Derrick in upscale boutique stores. It's who he is.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:17 am

Whiskey Creek Gadabouts wrote:
you'll only catch Derrick in upscale boutique stores.  It's who he is.  

You're talking about the guy who got his wife's engagement ring at Kohls.

Back to top Go down
Nevada NightHawks

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:43 pm

GRAND OPENING!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joey Bosa DE SD   

Back to top Go down

Joey Bosa DE SD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum