HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 10:01 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
On that note, start researching Ed because I'm gonna take you down in RWTC and take what should have been mine last year.

You are a formidable foe, Russ, and I enjoy the rivalry.  However, you tend to get overconfident and take your eye off the ball.  Because of that flaw, the trophy ended up in the right hands.  winning

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 10:16 am

I think there are a few owners here that are in Corey's shoes. Some might even shock you. These people show signs that they are struggling. The struggle happens in different ways, but it's a struggle nonetheless. Ive been there. I think all of them would agree this is a great place. The thing is, it requires a lot from you. You want to give what is required, but sometimes that can't be done. Sometimes people realize that this game is actually pretty fuckin stupid. I love it and don't want to give it up, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's dumb.

The struggle stems from that when a person asks themselves, "what the fuck am I doing here?" Corey had signs of this all of the past season. There's luck involved, injuries, and people not coming through the way you want them to. I have that problem in December when the season should be at its peak, but the majority of owners have vanished for the year. With all of that combined, a person can get to the point where they say fuck it, I'm done.

Corey was one of our best owners that I think fell into this category. There are still a few of our best owners here today that are probably telling themselves that they'll give it one more year. Some have said that for 3 years in a row now.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 10:30 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
To me this is more than a league, it's a community. Now of course it's all (mostly) virtual so its not like we are all expecting to be lifelong friends but I can't fathom why you wouldn't take 2min to personally say cheers, thanks for the memories when the time comes...

2cents

This is more along the lines of what I meant.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 11:12 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
I think there are a few owners here that are in Corey's shoes. Some might even shock you. These people show signs that they are struggling. The struggle happens in different ways, but it's a struggle nonetheless. Ive been there. I think all of them would agree this is a great place. The thing is, it requires a lot from you. You want to give what is required, but sometimes that can't be done. Sometimes people realize that this game is actually pretty fuckin stupid. I love it and don't want to give it up, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's dumb.

The struggle stems from that when a person asks themselves, "what the fuck am I doing here?" Corey had signs of this all of the past season. There's luck involved, injuries, and people not coming through the way you want them to. I have that problem in December when the season should be at its peak, but the majority of owners have vanished for the year. With all of that combined, a person can get to the point where they say fuck it, I'm done.

Corey was one of our best owners that I think fell into this category. There are still a few of our best owners here today that are probably telling themselves that they'll give it one more year. Some have said that for 3 years in a row now.

This is incredibly true and I know I haven't kept my own struggles anything secret. There's a reason though that RW's is my last league standing and Ian hit the nail on the head.

The community.

Say what you will but I think of you all as my friends. Even if for some reason I had to give up my team I'd never give up the forums. I may not be around as much as I was but I still love it here.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 11:24 am

You people have managed to make a sad thread completely even sadder. Why don't we just all just go jump of a fucking bridge? I mean why does it matter? People have probably been saying that the past three years too... Maybe this year... Bridge... The struggle is real... Wtf! #unsubscribingfromstupidthread.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 12:12 pm

lol 2

Sty, you're the best!

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 12:22 pm

Sty, tells it like it is...

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 12:38 pm

You are the best Sty. Even if you were born in Massachusetts.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 12:45 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
You are the best Sty. Even if you were born in Massachusetts.
ROTFLMAO LMAO ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 2:46 pm

Christ, I come here to get away from the madness of the everyday world. It's a haven.

If stuff here gets too much - the article thing is sometimes difficult at certain times - I'm sure it could be sorted as long as I handle it properly.

Other than that, I'm going nowhere. I love FF and I love it here.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 4:04 pm

England Dragons wrote:
Christ, I come here to get away from the madness of the everyday world. It's a haven.

If stuff here gets too much - the article thing is sometimes difficult at certain times - I'm sure it could be sorted as long as I handle it properly.

cheers

I'm right there with Jon. In my situation, it can get tough at times. I don't always post as much as I should, but I'm here everyday at least reading what everyone's thoughts are.

By the way, some of you need professional help. Poor Chris is never right, but boy he try's!!

mock high five smile and wave

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 4:51 pm

Decatur Freakshow wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

cheers

I'm right there with Jon. In my situation, it can get tough at times. I don't always post as much as I should, but I'm here everyday at least reading what everyone's thoughts are.

By the way, some of you need professional help. Poor Chris is never right, but boy he try's!!

laughing Ha! Funny Bob, the irony, coming from a two-time bottom of the barrel, 24th out of 24, pink ass, shit show loser... with all due respect of course... vote yes laughing

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Decatur Freakshow wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

cheers

laughing Ha!   Funny Bob,  the irony,  coming from a two-time bottom of the barrel,  24th out of 24,  pink ass,   shit show loser...  with all due respect of course...    vote yes laughing

Heh, never said I was any good...........

ROFL shrug

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 5:58 pm

I like the community here but can't commit to the main dynasty league at this time. I know, I can hear Andy calling me a pussy already. Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys on the forums and participate in the RWTC league. Looking forward to it again this year and continuing the rivalries that have been established.

You all seem to be great guys (and gals), however the Greek firefighter gentlemen in Florida with the face-sitting obsession seems a bit odd. confused

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 6:20 pm

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:
I like the community here but can't commit to the main dynasty league at this time.  I know, I can hear Andy calling me a pussy already.  Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys on the forums and participate in the RWTC league.  Looking forward to it again this year and continuing the rivalries that have been established.  

You all seem to be great guys (and gals), however the Greek firefighter gentlemen in Florida with the face-sitting obsession seems a bit odd. confused
shrug high five

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Wed May 04, 2016 5:55 am

I'm getting mixed signals here.  On one hand it's the greatest league in the world and guys should be beating down the door to get in and yet on the other there is a history of guys leaving with no understanding why.  Could it be that they just don't like the team they inherited and have grown weary of trying to rebuild it or is there something more going on?  I remember reading an old post where a guy told Andy that league members are afraid to mention anything negative to him for fear of reprisal.  Perhaps some can help clarify (if possible) for potential prospects.

Eh, usually we have a pretty clear reason why. There's been a mix of reasons why people have left. Sometimes it's a job change that leaves less downtime, sometimes people are booted because they can't get along, sometimes it's someone upset about a rule or something. It's rare that someone just vanishes, I think it's only happened one other time, if memory serves.

Back to top Go down
New England Nineties

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Wed May 04, 2016 5:57 am

Morrison Minions wrote:
Sometimes people realize that this game is actually pretty fuckin stupid.

Typically around Week 14.

Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Wed May 04, 2016 7:35 am

New England Nineties wrote:
I'm getting mixed signals here.  On one hand it's the greatest league in the world and guys should be beating down the door to get in and yet on the other there is a history of guys leaving with no understanding why.  Could it be that they just don't like the team they inherited and have grown weary of trying to rebuild it or is there something more going on?  I remember reading an old post where a guy told Andy that league members are afraid to mention anything negative to him for fear of reprisal.  Perhaps some can help clarify (if possible) for potential prospects.

Eh, usually we have a pretty clear reason why. There's been a mix of reasons why people have left. Sometimes it's a job change that leaves less downtime, sometimes people are booted because they can't get along, sometimes it's someone upset about a rule or something. It's rare that someone just vanishes, I think it's only happened one other time, if memory serves.

Lance up and quit but I honestly think that was always his plan. Mortgage his future, win now, and bail. Super shitty.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Wed May 04, 2016 9:31 am

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:

Lance up and quit but I honestly think that was always his plan.  Mortgage his future, win now, and bail.  Super shitty.

Yeah, he did that here, and he did that after the first year of my GLDL league... He would trade away all his picks for like 2 seasons into the future and then if he didn't win the league he would bail... I believe that was his plan all along as well...

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Wed May 04, 2016 1:33 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:

Lance up and quit but I honestly think that was always his plan.  Mortgage his future, win now, and bail.  Super shitty.

Yeah,  he did that here,  and he did that after the first year of my GLDL league...    He would trade away all his picks for like 2 seasons into the future and then if he didn't win the league he would bail...   I believe that was his plan all along as well...  

I'll take your word at it but guy put in a lot of effort around here when he was here so if it was as calculated as you're saying, not sure why he wouldn't have done it in a league where less of his time was needed. He also could have done well past when he bailed so I actually think he left money on the table with his decision.

The way I see it...I'm very unfair to people who think life is just unfair. Everything I try to do emphasizes personal responsibility and reaping what you sow. I don't believe I have gotten in the way of others unless they wanted a free pass, an exception or felt their personal needs were more important than that of the group.

If folks don't want to be here, the good news is there is nothing forcing one to be here. I have no idea what Corey's deal was but I know that today we have someone who wants to be here so the club is better off. It's unfortunate when careers or other life events make it impossible to stay but in the end, do what makes you happy. Roster Wars is at it's best when everyone gives a shit, pitches in and is here to have a good time.

I doubt it can be perfect in everyone's eyes but if RW doesn't make you happy then you should let me know so together we can make exiting an easy drama-less experience for all. Corey did that by the way.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Wed May 04, 2016 3:21 pm

Justin and I were just saying the we believed that was Lance's plan, not saying we know it for certain, so it is clearly just hearsay, no need to take my word for anything...

Everything he did with the way he conducted his team suggested that he mortgaging everything to win now, and then abruptly quitting both RW and the GLDL while leaving a two sentence blurb with no real explanation, that is what convinced me... I could be wrong, but when Justin posted that I had to respond, I didn't know others were suspecting the same thing that I was...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Wed May 04, 2016 3:23 pm

Indeed and I don't think anyone is hating on Corey. It's just the sudden vanishing act with no explanation after having been here for so long. Just bizarre.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Thu May 05, 2016 1:19 am

Justin and I were just saying the we believed that was Lance's plan,    not saying we know it for certain,  so it is clearly just hearsay,  no need to take my word for anything...  

Everything he did with the way he conducted his team suggested that he mortgaging everything to win now,  and then abruptly quitting both RW and the GLDL while leaving a two sentence blurb with no real explanation,  that is what convinced me...  I could be wrong,   but when Justin posted that I had to respond,   I didn't know others were suspecting the same thing that I was...

I know. I feel ya. I've just always viewed his efforts around here and the state of his team when he left as not fitting that conclusion fully but who knows...maybe for him putting in a ton of effort personally wasn't a big deal and despite what this league was intended to be he still came here with a douchey plan like you guys are saying...to which I still think he left money on the table which would make him not that bright.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   

Back to top Go down

Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: