:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:15 pm

Folks, I am sad to report to you that Corey and his Baja Beatniks have decided to exit Roster Wars at this time.  I really don't know the reasoning but I am not going to press someone much if they decide it is best for them to go.  Corey was always a great owner in this league and was extremely helpful to me in many ways and I thank him for that.  As with all of our former owners, I hope you'll drop by once in a while man and hang out with us just for fun.

I will address the follow-up business stuff in another thread.

Sad to see you go buddy...I appreciate your friendship and support over the past few years and I hope to hear more from you in the future on some level.  Best of luck sir!!!

Last edited by Minnesota Eternals on Tue May 03, 2016 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mrs. Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Crying or Very sad If you are ever in MN please know you are always welcome at our place. Don't be a stranger!

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:27 pm

no

Really sorry to hear this. Corey was a great owner and competitor here. I will miss that.

He's still a great person and I hope he keeps in touch so we won't miss that side of him.

All the best Corey.

cheers

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:28 pm

Best wishes Corey.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:32 pm

Wow, sorry to see you go Corey.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:49 pm

Wierd to see people leave.....Sorry to hear the news.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:49 pm

Balls. This sucks. Although Corey did hint at this in another thread, (Not sure which one). Hope all is well, and I hope you are back here soon. Corey was one of the guys that first reached out to me to help me out, kind of a "buddy system". Greatly appreciated that, and all the trade talks!

Hopefully he'll be back!

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Sorry to hear that Corey! He's good people. Hopefully, all is well with him.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:22 pm

always hate to see an owner leave - Godspeed bro!

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:55 pm

Damn. This sucks. One of the great owners here. We will miss you buddy. I hope you return one day.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:04 pm

Crap what a kick in the balls to start a weekend.
Hope you're doing ok Corey.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:13 pm

As Eric said, I hate to see an owner leave as well. Hope all is well with you Cory. And my the league be blessed with your presence again one day.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:18 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Although Corey did hint at this in another thread, (Not sure which one).

http://rosterwars.forumotion.com/t6402-we-need-to-address-the-hostilities-between-corey-and-nick#148047

no

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:34 pm

Damn. I thought he meant a name change. Sorry to hear...

Back to top Go down
Las Vegas DeGenerates

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:10 pm

Damn... Hope all is well in Baja land and for our friend Corey.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Damn that's super shitty. Hope everything in life is alright.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:17 pm

Whoa, this is a shocker to me, I thought Corey had the makeup of a RW lifer!

Sorry to see you go man, I'll miss you as an owner, and your music thread as well...

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:23 pm

Devils Tower Outlaws wrote:
Whoa,  this is a shocker to me,  I thought Corey had the makeup of a RW lifer!    

Sorry to see you go man,   I'll miss you as an owner,   and your music thread as well...

Life can come at you in very unexpected ways.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:27 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Fuck

This is bullshit.

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:32 pm

What really happened to Corey...

You will be missed Bro!

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:07 pm

Wow sad news indeed. Corey was always an awesome owner. Flucken sucks to lose good peeps. Hope all is well Corey, call me anytime.

Back to top Go down
Hamilton Steel Cats

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:14 pm

surprised

That lil emoticon says it all in my opinion. Certainly SURPRISED by this turn of events.

All the best to Corey hope all is well and life is so good you felt you needed to partake more and dump the fantasy life.

Adios Hippster ... cool2

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:45 pm

Titletown Tyrants wrote:
Balls. This sucks. Although Corey did hint at this in another thread, (Not sure which one). Hope all is well, and I hope you are back here soon. Corey was one of the guys that first reached out to me to help me out, kind of a "buddy system". Greatly appreciated that, and all the trade talks!

Hopefully he'll be back!

Same here. His advice and support during my first month here was a huge help and I will always be appreciative of that.

Hope all is well.

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:21 pm

Sucks losing Corey. I will miss his trade negotiations we would always have. But, best of luck to him on his future endeavors

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Sorry I am late to the party. Sorry to see you leave.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Sun May 01, 2016 6:22 pm

Naperville Divine wrote:
Sorry I am late to the party.  Sorry to see you leave.

Youre like really late....like you almost missed the party.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Sun May 01, 2016 8:50 pm

Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

Corey hasn't been to this thread yet, so I'd say Craig is early.

Back to top Go down
Indiana Mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Mon May 02, 2016 2:12 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Indiana Mayhem wrote:
Naperville Divine wrote:

Corey hasn't been to this thread yet, so I'd say Craig is early.

There is way to tell who reads a thread? I know he hasnt posted here, wasnt sure if he saw us missing him

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Mon May 02, 2016 7:47 pm

Has anyone heard from Corey? He hasn't been here in a full week, I tried texting him and he didn't respond. He always responded. Just hope everything is cool. Also wondering why?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Mon May 02, 2016 8:23 pm

I don't expect to get an answer to that question. He was intentionally vague...responded to my emails politely but once he was refunded properly (leaving no outstanding business) the communication ended.

I would wager quite a bit that his decision to leave was based on something about RW but he made no attempt to tell me what it was. I gave him plenty of chances to let me know if I had done something or if there was an issue with someone else and he chose to shed no light on it.

All that was said was something like he "was no longer a good fit for the league" and upon completion "it feels like a weight has been lifted"...or something like that.

shrug

I can't solve an issue if one won't make me aware of it. He went from trying to be heavily involved and super helpful to me to....SNAP....I have to go, I don't belong and I will not even elude to why at all.

Gotcha.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Mon May 02, 2016 8:33 pm

Dang. Since I have been around here there are some guys that you figure are lifers and it would be hard to imagine them going, and Corey was one of those guys to me. I guess opinions change, and values change.

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Mon May 02, 2016 8:43 pm

The amount of turnover in this league was always surprising to me and actually there have been several "odd" instances like this too....maybe it's something I do or maybe people are just nutty. Off the top of my head I can think of 5 instances (including this one) where I was left scratching my head and thinking "WTF?!?!?"

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Mon May 02, 2016 8:49 pm

No longer a good fit? Did it have something to do with his tshirt thread?

I'm embarrassed I actually put that in writing. Sorry...

I also always find it weird that a few franchises have so much turnover. There are probably 3-4 teams that account for more than 50% of the owner turnover in the league so far. Strange coincidence.

Anyways, as a PSA to all current owners. If you're going to leave, its preferred it you make a post yourself. It's just weird and awkward when it goes down this way...

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Mon May 02, 2016 9:05 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
 There are probably 3-4 teams that account for more than 50% of the owner turnover in the league so far.  Strange coincidence.

I vote for conincidence. wink

...And don't be putting the "whammy" on me Matt.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Mon May 02, 2016 9:17 pm

My franchise has been one of the worst. I hope to make that trend go away.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Mon May 02, 2016 10:26 pm

This tread is all kinds of sad....

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Mon May 02, 2016 10:37 pm

Anyways, as a PSA to all current owners.  If you're going to leave, its preferred it you make a post yourself.  It's just weird and awkward when it goes down this way...

Pretty sure I won't be leaving a "goodbye" letter when I bounce.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 6:56 am

California Nightmare wrote:

Anyways, as a PSA to all current owners.  If you're going to leave, its preferred it you make a post yourself.  It's just weird and awkward when it goes down this way...

Pretty sure I won't be leaving a "goodbye" letter when I bounce.

Why not? You are just going to up and leave in the middle of the night?

Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Oysters

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 7:38 am

I'm getting mixed signals here. On one hand it's the greatest league in the world and guys should be beating down the door to get in and yet on the other there is a history of guys leaving with no understanding why. Could it be that they just don't like the team they inherited and have grown weary of trying to rebuild it or is there something more going on? I remember reading an old post where a guy told Andy that league members are afraid to mention anything negative to him for fear of reprisal. Perhaps some can help clarify (if possible) for potential prospects.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 7:54 am

Apalachicola Oysters wrote:
I'm getting mixed signals here.  On one hand it's the greatest league in the world and guys should be beating down the door to get in and yet on the other there is a history of guys leaving with no understanding why.  Could it be that they just don't like the team they inherited and have grown weary of trying to rebuild it or is there something more going on?  I remember reading an old post where a guy told Andy that league members are afraid to mention anything negative to him for fear of reprisal.  Perhaps some can help clarify (if possible) for potential prospects.

Honestly the commitment is huge. It's a lot of time you need to invest managing a team with 22 starters. Life situations change and many people just don't feel like they can keep up anymore.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 8:03 am

When I leave I will trade all my players that are good to Nick first. So Nick leave room for 1 player!

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 8:05 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
When I leave I will trade all my players that are good to Nick first. So Nick leave room for 1 player!

I'm ready for it now Sty, but you can move him over and stay here. RW would not be the same if you left. love

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 8:05 am

I'm actually impressed by how low the turnover is, when you factor in the dedication that each owner requests from every other owner.  I am lucky to commish a few leagues where we have no turnover but, for the others, I dread the time after the Super Bowl because I need to find good owners to replace those that have left.  I also struggle with trying to get people involved because people tend to go dark in the offseason.  But that is definitely not the case here.  

Many owners in my leagues -- those that I commish and those that I'm in (over 30 now -- ugh) -- are not active and actually complain about logging in once a month in the offseason.  Those owners shouldn't be here and would not enjoy it.  But for those owners that log into their leagues regularly and keep trying to make moves, this is like Christmas morning meets a Vegas bachelor party.  Trade offers get responded to, you get to know other owners, and you become "friends" with them.  In my limited time here, I know more about all of the owners than I do in almost all of my other leagues.  But that takes work.  And some aren't cut out for it. Or things change in people's lives where they don't have the time for it.  Those people shouldn't be here.  Corey was a great guy and will be missed but if he's not up for this, it's better for him and the league that he moved on.

As for not explaining why he left, I probably saw 45 owners leave leagues this year and (except for those where I commish and actually talked to the people) I don't remember them saying good bye or explaining why they left.  It happens.  It sucks.  Luckily we have a kick ass replacement in Tom so we'll be in great shape.  And having Joe waiting in the wings makes me feel great about the future if another owner leaves.  It's not some random ticklethepink69@geocities.com (username User134598) that I'm counting on to fill the void.  It's Tom and Joe!  

As for rules, Andy seems to be very open to considering rule changes and gives people a lot of say.  That is not normal in most leagues.  I do it in some of my leagues and it's a huge headache to allow owners input on rules.  Go to your current commishes and ask them to remove the requirement to prepay for trading future draft picks, or to expand the rookie draft by one round, or to add an extra flex spot and see what happens.  Everyone wants to change something -- some big changes but thankfully mostly small changes.  As a commish, you then need to balance your vision for the league, the expectation of current owners who came into the league based on the current rules, and the requests of those looking for changes.  It's a tough spot and most don't appreciate that -- they just want their change.  

Anyway, we've got a great group of owners here.  Some may leave.  I'll be sad.  But I'm psyched that we've got some great prospects, and will find more great prospects, to fill any openings (I'll let a few of you have fun with that comment).  No one is coming here blindly -- it will be a lot of work and it takes considerable commitment.  But if you're looking for a league with no real dead time, active owners, and a sense of community that can't be matched anywhere else, this is a great place.  At some point I may leave as well but the league will survive.  And hopefully I will keep in touch with many of the people that I know here and come back from time to time (like many former owners do).  

On that note, start researching Ed because I'm gonna take you down in RWTC and take what should have been mine last year.

Last edited by Bergen Brawlers on Tue May 03, 2016 8:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 8:07 am

As an addition to my prior post, I still have 10 leagues that haven't even scheduled a rookie draft start date.  And a few of them are still looking for owners.  If anyone is looking for a low commitment league, I've got a few suggestions.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 8:11 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

I'm ready for it now Sty, but you can move him over and stay here. RW would not be the same if you left. love
Thanks Nick, I cant see myself ever leaving but then again no one knows the future? Things that can ruin Roster Wars for me and all of us could be: Zombie invasion, WWIII, mind controlling bed bugs, Alien abduction, getting a job as an underwear salesman and then having facesitting competitions around the globe... Thats just a few. Either way I am not going anywhere.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 8:13 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
As an addition to my prior post, I still have 10 leagues that haven't even scheduled a rookie draft start date.  And a few of them are still looking for owners.  If anyone is looking for a low commitment league, I've got a few suggestions.
Dont derail our sad thread with you're off-color advertisement pyramid scheme! If this was an MMO I would attack you with a double handed great axe!

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 8:14 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Dont derail our sad thread with you're off-color advertisement pyramid scheme! If this was an MMO I would attack you with a double handed great axe!

Don't you have a draft to study for?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 8:26 am

Titletown Tyrants wrote:

Thanks Nick, I cant see myself ever leaving but then again no one knows the future? Things that can ruin Roster Wars for me and all of us could be: Zombie invasion, WWIII, mind controlling bed bugs, Alien abduction, getting a job as an underwear salesman and then having facesitting competitions around the globe... Thats just a few. Either way I am not going anywhere.

Face sitting is a big commitment. But in all honesty, good to hear.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 9:12 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I'm actually impressed by how low the turnover is, when you factor in the dedication that each owner requests from every other owner.  I am lucky to commish a few leagues where we have no turnover but, for the others, I dread the time after the Super Bowl because I need to find good owners to replace those that have left.  I also struggle with trying to get people involved because people tend to go dark in the offseason.  But that is definitely not the case here.  

Many owners in my leagues -- those that I commish and those that I'm in (over 30 now -- ugh) -- are not active and actually complain about logging in once a month in the offseason.  Those owners shouldn't be here and would not enjoy it.  But for those owners that log into their leagues regularly and keep trying to make moves, this is like Christmas morning meets a Vegas bachelor party.  Trade offers get responded to, you get to know other owners, and you become "friends" with them.  In my limited time here, I know more about all of the owners than I do in almost all of my other leagues.  But that takes work.  And some aren't cut out for it. Or things change in people's lives where they don't have the time for it.  Those people shouldn't be here.  Corey was a great guy and will be missed but if he's not up for this, it's better for him and the league that he moved on.

As for not explaining why he left, I probably saw 45 owners leave leagues this year and (except for those where I commish and actually talked to the people) I don't remember them saying good bye or explaining why they left.  It happens.  It sucks.  Luckily we have a kick ass replacement in Tom so we'll be in great shape.  And having Joe waiting in the wings makes me feel great about the future if another owner leaves.  It's not some random ticklethepink69@geocities.com (username User134598) that I'm counting on to fill the void.  It's Tom and Joe!  

As for rules, Andy seems to be very open to considering rule changes and gives people a lot of say.  That is not normal in most leagues.  I do it in some of my leagues and it's a huge headache to allow owners input on rules.  Go to your current commishes and ask them to remove the requirement to prepay for trading future draft picks, or to expand the rookie draft by one round, or to add an extra flex spot and see what happens.  Everyone wants to change something -- some big changes but thankfully mostly small changes.  As a commish, you then need to balance your vision for the league, the expectation of current owners who came into the league based on the current rules, and the requests of those looking for changes.  It's a tough spot and most don't appreciate that -- they just want their change.  

Anyway, we've got a great group of owners here.  Some may leave.  I'll be sad.  But I'm psyched that we've got some great prospects, and will find more great prospects, to fill any openings (I'll let a few of you have fun with that comment).  No one is coming here blindly -- it will be a lot of work and it takes considerable commitment.  But if you're looking for a league with no real dead time, active owners, and a sense of community that can't be matched anywhere else, this is a great place.  At some point I may leave as well but the league will survive.  And hopefully I will keep in touch with many of the people that I know here and come back from time to time (like many former owners do).  

On that note, start researching Ed because I'm gonna take you down in RWTC and take what should have been mine last year.
GREAT POST RUSS - TOTALLY AGREE

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   Tue May 03, 2016 9:39 am

To me this is more than a league, it's a community. Now of course it's all (mostly) virtual so its not like we are all expecting to be lifelong friends but I can't fathom why you wouldn't take 2min to personally say cheers, thanks for the memories when the time comes...

2cents

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league   

Back to top Go down

Sad news to report...Beatniks leaving the league
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: