View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:53 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:
California Nightmare wrote:
Dwayne Bowe wrote:
“I have never seen a quarterback transition from quarterback to receiver in two practices and do as good as he did — ever,” Bowe said. “He’s making it look so easy that he’s starting to scare me. He’s going to be really, really good. People think he’s just going to come in and be a body. But he’s actually going to play here and make plays for this team.”

munch

This is really surprising to me.  I know he's a good athlete and all, but c'mon.

Came from Dwayne Bowe....think taking that into account outta help.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:39 am

Perhaps he had Pryor knowledge of the position...?

raise eyebrow

Back to top Go down
Naperville Divine

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:35 am

I watched Pryor throughout his time at OSU. He is amazing athlete with huge hands. He is faster than just about any tight end. People have been talking to him about switching to tight end for years. In bowl game he caught an easy up for grabs pass in end zone over good DB. He has a chance to stick.

Back to top Go down
Cybertron Screamers

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:20 pm

Cut

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:17 pm

Cybertron Screamers wrote:
Cut

I think most of us saw this coming. I am actually finding it hard to believe he is still hanging around the NFL.

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:49 pm

He is a Brown again. WR / 3rd string QB.

hmmm interesting.

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:56 pm

This is how bad the QB situation is in the NFL. Poor Brown's fans.

Back to top Go down
Whiskey Creek Gadabouts

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:06 pm

Could be worse... Could be Jamarcus Russell.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

Or Johnny Manziel

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:45 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Sanibel Gadabouts wrote:

Or Johnny Manziel

Fuck Johnny Manziel. That is all. Pisses me off to see his name.

Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Terrelle Pryor    Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Terrelle Pryor - Can he keep it up or a flash in the pan? Does he get more QB snaps? Own him in most all of my leagues, should I try to unload him?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Believeland Brindaliers wrote:
Terrelle Pryor -  Can he keep it up or a flash in the pan? Does he get more QB snaps? Own him in most all of my leagues, should I try to unload him?

In the menu up top...under RESEARCH...left side where it says FORUM SEARCH you can enter the name of the player to see if there is already a thread for them (in this case, there is). FYI

I will get it merged.

If there is not a thread for them, feel free to start one but title it like the others please.

Thanks man

Back to top Go down
Oaktown Malosos

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:30 pm

Believeland Brindaliers wrote:
Terrelle Pryor -  Can he keep it up or a flash in the pan? Does he get more QB snaps? Own him in most all of my leagues, should I try to unload him?

If you can get value anything for him after his big game...I'd take it and run.

Back to top Go down
Believeland Brindaliers

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:49 pm

If you can get value anything for him after his big game...I'd take it and run.[/quote]

You really don't think he can develop into a more physical Randy Moss type (6'4" elite athlete who can run, with great body control and catches with his hands not the body)? I think the more he plays the better he will get. But my opinion that I guess at least one of you doesn't share

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:03 pm

He's athletic and that's a plus.  But he's changing positions at a late age, he's 27 and hasn't really done anything in his career, and he was out of football for a year or two.  Given that history I'm inclined to think that he won't do anything of significance and move him the first chance that I can get.  Yes, he may become the next Jimmy Smith or Victor Cruz, or some other WR that came from out of nowhere but the odds are greatly against him.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:41 am

The WR competition in Cleveland is non-existent so at least Pryor will get a ton of game experience this year. That gives him a better chance than most position switchers. I agree with Russ that age is the biggest factor against him.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Signs for the Redskins on a 1yr deal for $8m. Guessing he was expecting a better deal than that...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:05 pm

I'm shocked. I don't see how they could make a pitch to convince someone to come to that shit show right now

Back to top Go down
California Nightmare

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:11 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
I'm shocked.  I don't see how they could make a pitch to convince someone to come to that shit show right now

Unless they told him that Kirk will be gone soon, making Terrelle the starting QB.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:12 pm

laughing

Well I think its about as good as they could do after letting Garcon and DJax walk. Crowder/Pryor/Doctson/Reed is solid

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Not sure if I am a Pryor believer quite yet although he definitely looked the part at times.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:02 pm

At least Cousins will have someone to throw to besides Davis. (Reed will get a concussion 1 game in.)

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:01 am

Browns were right not to use th FT it seems

Back to top Go down
Charm City Justice

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:49 am

Redskins passing game should still be pretty decent next year if Cousins sticks around. No out and out superstars, but a solid WR group and if Reed stays healthy he is a top tier TE. Like the deal from the Redskins perspective as Pryor is still a question mark for me at WR.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:19 pm

Now that I've bought him in both leagues I guess I've made it pretty clear I'm a fan of Pryor this year.  He has been lighting up camp, and with both him and Cousins playing on 1 year deals I see big numbers this year.  I know he's somewhat of a polarizing player in terms of people's valuation.  What do others think?

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:25 pm

Now that I've bought him in both leagues I guess I've made it pretty clear I'm a fan of Pryor this year.  He has been lighting up camp, and with both him and Cousins playing on 1 year deals I see big numbers this year.  I know he's somewhat of a polarizing player in terms of people's valuation.  What do others think?

I like Pryor. Is he a top 10 guy? No, probably not even with Cousins. But I think he can be in the WR11-15 range this year.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:25 pm

I think he's a good athlete and was largely relevant because of volume. That wont follow him to Washington where they have other options though.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:29 pm

Denver Demons wrote:

I think he's a good athlete and was largely relevant because of volume. That wont follow him to Washington where they have other options though.

I think an uptick in TDs will offset that

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:32 pm

Denver Demons wrote:

Nah, Jordan Reed will be getting all the TD's.  pray    (Says other league guy)   laughing

Back to top Go down
Tenafly Vipers

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:40 pm

I don't know that I would want so much invested in the Washington passing game this year, what with the resources you put into Pryor and Doctson. Feels like you're thinking with your fan dick and not your cold owner heart. *he said as he swept Tavon Austin and Cooper Kupp under the rug

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:47 pm

Agree with Blake on this one - love his talent but I think at his current price it is more likely he underwhelms as opposed to overwhelming. Just won't get as much volume with all the great options on the skins.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:00 pm

Andromeda Afterglow wrote:
Agree with Blake on this one - love his talent but I think at his current price it is more likely he underwhelms as opposed to overwhelming. Just won't get as much volume with all the great options on the skins.

I don't think you can get too many players with his upside for his cost.

shrug

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:18 pm

Very fair, I just have him pegged as a volatile player - high ceiling/low floor. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was wrong about this one but I just personally wouldn't have given a first for him.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:32 pm

I like him ALOT - didn't really want to get rid of him

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:33 pm

Andromeda Afterglow wrote:
Very fair, I just have him pegged as a volatile player - high ceiling/low floor. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was wrong about this one but I just personally wouldn't have given a first for him.

Rookie picks don't have a low floor?

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:39 pm

I'm sorry, all I heard was "blah blah blah I'm a fuckin homer blah bah". lol3

Owned him last year and enjoyed. Don't care either way but my gut tells me he underwhelms by a fair amount in 2017.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:44 pm

Denver Demons wrote:

His biggest competition for TDs last year was banged up rookie Corey Coleman and Andrew Hawkins (3 per). I realize the Browns suck and their QBs don't inspire anything in the same universe as confidence, but if he cant score more than 4 TDs with the 12th most targets in the league with those guys as his primary competition, he's not gonna light anyone up with TDs this year as option #3 either. His absolute ceiling is where he was last year, and if Doctson progresses that'll go down even further (who knows if that will happen of course). Now, if Reed misses a good chunk of the season, sure, there will be plenty of TDs (and more importantly, targets) to go around, but if we're talking about how good of a player he is... I wouldn't have him as more than an average WR3 with some WR2 upside, personally. Add his one year deal and Cousins' contract uncertainty and it's a risky situation to invest in.

I'm expecting 60-65 catches on ~110 targets (last year was 130 targets in RW scoring weeks; this is a 55-59% catch rate, last year was 54%) for 800-850 yards (would also be a slight uptick in YPC here) and 5-6 TDs (last year was 4 receiving, 1 rushing), which would be 170-186 FPPTs. That's WR31-WR43 in last year's stats.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:52 pm

I would easily take a wager than he finishes better than that

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:58 pm

Yeah, I would take that as well.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:27 pm

$20 that Terrelle Pryor finishes the RW season (through week 16) with 186 or less RW fantasy points, as long as Jordan Reed records at least one snap in 10 or more games during that same time frame. If Jordan Reed does not record at least one snap in 10+ games in the first 16 weeks, the bet is a wash.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:38 pm

How about just $20 he finishes better than WR30. No contingencies.

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:01 pm

How about just $20 he finishes better than WR30.  No contingencies.

That's pretty much exactly the same thing without the Reed assurance, which was one of two main points of my argument. It becomes more of a bet on Reed's health than Pryor's ability and role. Not sure how that makes sense as a counter...

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:06 pm

I'm trying to make a bet on pryor, not on Reed. I think he'll be fine with or without reed, so I don't want to put an out into the bet.

WR26 or better with no reed clause?

Back to top Go down
Andromeda Afterglow

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:24 pm

eating popcorn eating popcorn eating popcorn

Back to top Go down
Denver Demons

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:25 pm

I'm trying to make a bet on pryor, not on Reed. I think he'll be fine with or without reed, so I don't want to put an out into the bet.

WR26 or better with no reed clause?

I understand that, but if Reed isn't in the equation (which is certainly possible), that frees up 100+ targets and changes the projection entirely (so does Crowder, but I have more faith in him to stay fairly healthy). I felt like letting Reed miss up to 5 games was enough to help you feel better about Pryor's chances, but I guess not.

Denver Demons wrote:
Now, if Reed misses a good chunk of the season, sure, there will be plenty of TDs (and more importantly, targets) to go around, but if we're talking about how good of a player he is... I wouldn't have him as more than an average WR3 with some WR2 upside, personally.

So, sure. WR26 is still technically a WR3 with WR2 upside, which I said I thought he was, but it's basically a repeat of last year for Pryor (WR22) and I don't see that happening, so I'm fine with that wager.

Back to top Go down
Latvia Unicorns

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:43 pm

I think the 'Skins will spread it around in the passing game so don't see the massive upside. Crowder, Reed, Doctson and Pryor will be involved which doesn't equal WR1 potential for me.

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:47 pm

I hope Blake wins this bet, and the Rottweilers finish with a low record so I'll have an early 1st!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:17 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:
I hope Blake wins this bet, and the Rottweilers finish with a low record so I'll have an early 1st!

middle finger

Back to top Go down
Maplewood Doppelgangers

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:59 pm

Maplewood Doppelgangers wrote:

middle finger

hehe It was fun going back and forth though! Glad we worked something out!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:00 pm

Yes I'm glad those main league jerks didn't scare everyone off!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor WR WAS   

Back to top Go down

Terrelle Pryor WR WAS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: