HomeLog inRegisterFAQSearch

Share | 

Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:01 pm

Can I put in a request to have his fines sent to my home address? Sad that any of us would gladly sign a contract for his fines, not even what he makes.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:36 pm

So what is the total fine if he holds out of TC?

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Not sure Dave but we might find out!

Quote :
Jones-Drew's holdout -- which hit the seven-day mark Wednesday -- is likely to last a long time, the Florida Times-Union reports. Analysis: The report adds that the Jaguars and Jones-Drew aren't even talking at this point. Jones-Drew is looking for a new deal and the team wants him to honor the final two years of his current contract. It's a situation that is in the stalemate stage, with neither side currently in the mood to blink.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:37 pm

So we are at $210,00 now and will hit a cool $1MM on 29th of August.

unsure

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:49 pm

Evil laugh

I offered folks in other leagues for him as a way out...will be entertaining to watch them deal with it.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Im so glad I traded him away a few days ago in my only league I owned him. Got the two Bucs RB's and couldn't be happier. Hope MJD sits out the season HAHAHA

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Hah I got Doug Martin and David Wilson for MJD.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:46 pm

Quote :
Updating a previous report, Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Mike Mularkey indicated RB Maurice Jones-Drew will not be put right in the starting lineup if he decides right before the start of the regular season because he would not be in game shape. Mularkey said Jones-Drew would need extra time in the classroom to learn the new offense once he reports.

Analysis: The longer Jones-Drew holds out, the longer you should wait to draft him. Not only will he be hard-pressed to learn a new offense and get back into game shape in time, his massive snap count over the past four seasons pointed to a drop in production anyway.

This guy is an idiot. (MJD that is)

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:54 am

Quote :
Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shahid Khan had a private meeting with holdout RB Maurice Jones-Drew last month that lasted several hours; however, the meeting did nothing to weaken his resolve. Khan said he has no intention of giving Jones-Drew the new deal he desires. "He's not here, and that's his decision," Khan said. "Believe me, it's not a great concern. You hope for the best, and you plan for the worst. Our goals for the season don't change, and if he isn't here, he isn't here. I don't control it. It's his choice."

MJD is really fucking himself. Hope he likes the fines.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:46 am

I actually like seeing an owner take this stance. It's not like it is their franchise QB they are refusing to pay. The NFL leading rusher didn't get them in the playoffs so why make a big fuss over it. Jennings seems to be filling in well and MJD is the one missing out, not the Jags. Sure they will lose some production, but it's not like Jennings won't be able to move the ball at all.

His contract isn't expired and it isn't a Franchise tag. Go do your job under the contract that you signed.

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Yeah, I like it too...

Even if it is screwing a couple of my teams.

Go play MJD

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:27 pm

Truthfully, If MJD doesn't come back, the Jags could be a zero win team. The first overall pick with Barkley next year would not hurt these guys a bit. Maybe, that is what Khan is thinking. Love that name by the way.....remember Capt. Kirk......KAHNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Wyoming Headhunters wrote:
Truthfully, If MJD doesn't come back, the Jags could be a zero win team. The first overall pick with Barkley next year would not hurt these guys a bit. Maybe, that is what Khan is thinking. Love that name by the way.....remember Capt. Kirk......KAHNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laughing

Indeed although I think they are pretty set on sticking with Gabbert. Not sure if they'd take a QB.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Jersey Legionnaires wrote:
Wyoming Headhunters wrote:

Laughing

Indeed although I think they are pretty set on sticking with Gabbert. Not sure if they'd take a QB.
I agree. I could see them trading the 1.01 if they got it for a kings ransom.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:33 pm

Colorado Screaming Eagles wrote:
I actually like seeing an owner take this stance. It's not like it is their franchise QB they are refusing to pay. The NFL leading rusher didn't get them in the playoffs so why make a big fuss over it. Jennings seems to be filling in well and MJD is the one missing out, not the Jags. Sure they will lose some production, but it's not like Jennings won't be able to move the ball at all.

His contract isn't expired and it isn't a Franchise tag. Go do your job under the contract that you signed.

Yet you offered me garbage for Jennings. scratch

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Leonard Hankerson is garbage? Last I heard he was a starting WR with high upside. Once MJD does decide to bring his greedy ass back to his team, Jennings will be a backup with very minimal fantasy value if any at all. All I was saying here is that the Owner should not pay him more. I'm not sure what that has to do with my offer.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Leonard Hankerson is garbage? Last I heard he was a starting WR with high upside. Once MJD does decide to bring his greedy ass back to his team, Jennings will be a backup with very minimal fantasy value if any at all. All I was saying here is that the Owner should not pay him more. I'm not sure what that has to do with my offer.
I traded away R. Jennings for a 4th round pick in another league, he is not worth much as everyone knows he is being talked up only because of MJD holdout.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:05 am

Kind of like Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly right? Starting WR's in Washington with high upside and dont do SQUAT. Sorry...but I would rather have the guy that will actually realize some of his value - even if its not alot versus someone you decide to just talk up and may leave me on a wild goose chase. You like other MJD owners paid for MJD and are trying to grab-ass Jennings for next to nothing and then playing dumb like he isn't worth anything. Im not stupid. You arent either. Stop playing it. If MJD does suffer your team (in our other league) and any other team that paid a high price for MJD WILL SUFFER TOO and I would rather hold onto Jennings with the possibility of watching you suffer and risk getting nothing, than to trade him to you for cheap and see you potentially benefit greatly. Not good business sir. You know me better than that. nono

If you want the insurance you gotta pay for it. That was my plan in every league I had MJD/Jennings....trade MJD and hold onto Jennings. Its like double dipping.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:08 am

Omega City Legends wrote:

Kind of like Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly right? Starting WR's in Washington with high upside and dont do SQUAT. Sorry...but I would rather have the guy that will actually realize some of his value - even if its not alot versus someone you decide to just talk up and may leave me on a wild goose chase. You like other MJD owners paid for MJD and are trying to grab-ass Jennings for next to nothing and then playing dumb like he isn't worth anything. Im not stupid. You arent either. Stop playing it. If MJD does suffer your team (in our other league) and any other team that paid a high price for MJD WILL SUFFER TOO and I would rather hold onto Jennings with the possibility of watching you suffer and risk getting nothing, than to trade him to you for cheap and see you potentially benefit greatly. Not good business sir. You know me better than that. nono

If you want the insurance you gotta pay for it. That was my plan in every league I had MJD/Jennings....trade MJD and hold onto Jennings. Its like double dipping.

Vince you sounding angry, do we need a time out in the corner? ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:22 am

p.s.- Anybody remember Priest Holmes....and that guy behind him....his name was Larry Johnson. Won a lot of people championships both years Priest went down. Im just saying....people like you guys said the same thing about LJ and got BURNED to hell. You guys are failing to acknowledge that Jennings is actually really talented.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:24 am

Florida Chaetomorpha wrote:

Vince you sounding angry, do we need a time out in the corner? ROTFLMAO

Angry? No...Im just calling it for what it is. BULLOGNA.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:15 am

Where exactly is Shawn offering you stuff for Jennings since I own him... dizzy

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:45 am

If MJD does suffer your team (in our other league)

Is it rude for me to expect people to read what I say before responding? scratch

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:57 pm

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Maurice Jones-Drew is now "open to being traded" in light of owner Shad Khan's recent suggestion that the "train is leaving the station."

"Run, get on it," Khan added as advice for Jones-Drew. If the star tailback was thinking about returning soon, as teammates reportedly believed, Khan's comments had the opposite effect. Jones-Drew is once again entrenched.

Per Schefter, the holdout "shows no signs of letting up and is fully expected to extend into the regular season." If the front office accepts Jones-Drew's trade invitation, former Jags coordinator Dirk Koetter's team in Atlanta is one to watch. GM Thomas Dimitroff isn't afraid to make bold moves, and a declining Michael Turner is a poor fit for Koetter's fast-paced offense.

pray2

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:02 pm

Wow this will be great.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:15 pm

I really don't think the Jags will trade him but if they can scoop up a couple of first round picks and a second or two it would be a great move IMO!

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:07 pm

I really don't think the Jags will trade him but if they can scoop up a couple of first round picks and a second or two it would be a great move IMO!
I don't think they could get even close to that as RBs are not that valued in the NFL

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:35 pm

If MJD does suffer your team (in our other league)

Is it rude for me to expect people to read what I say before responding? scratch

You mean the thing you said in a wall of text several posts after the part where you simply say Shawn offered you garbage for Jennings... rolleyes

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:38 pm

San Diego Killers wrote:
I don't think they could get even close to that as RBs are not that valued in the NFL

Probably not but I can see a team that is pushing the playoffs that would be willing to pay for an elite back like MJD. The Patriots, Falcons, Bengals, and Green Bay are all teams without a great ground game whom were playoff contenders last year. Can you even imagine the Pats rolling with MJD?

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:42 pm

San Diego Killers wrote:

Probably not but I can see a team that is pushing the playoffs that would be willing to pay for an elite back like MJD. The Patriots, Falcons, Bengals, and Green Bay are all teams without a great ground game whom were playoff contenders last year. Can you even imagine the Pats rolling with MJD?
I would like it more if he went to the Packers... Imagine him in those jerseys Shocked

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:52 pm

I get it from both sides...Jacksonville isn't winning anytime soon. They should trade him and get as much as they can to build for the future with.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:09 pm

Minnesota Eternals wrote:
I get it from both sides...Jacksonville isn't winning anytime soon. They should trade him and get as much as they can to build for the future with.

Hey that was what I said!

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:49 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000057580/article/maurice-jonesdrew-to-report-to-jacksonville-jaguars?module=HP11_breaking_news

MJD showed up today.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:52 am

MY TRADE WORKED OUT!!! I hope he gets back to producing man

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:57 am

Son of a bitch........................................

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Oh well, still like Forte.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:01 am

Decatur Demons wrote:

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Haha... Yeah I still like Forte better but Thomas was the deciding factor for me. Maybe Mercilus could surprise us all

Back to top Go down
Decatur Freakshow

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:15 am

San Diego Killers wrote:
Decatur Demons wrote:

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Haha... Yeah I still like Forte better but Thomas was the deciding factor for me. Maybe Mercilus could surprise us all

Oh, I knew the trade was much more in your favor right now, but I like Mercilus and I'm waiting to see what happens in Denver. With the "quiet" talk of Peyton having trouble throwing to his right, the way Decker has played, we'll see how this ends up working out. Still like the trade and would have considered had I known MJD was reporting.

I know, most will not agree with it, but oh well..........................

Back to top Go down
Wyoming Headhunters

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:22 pm

Sorry rashad. Maybe next year.

Back to top Go down
San Diego Killers

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:45 pm

Jennings will probably get a chance somewhere and someday... He looked great

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Once upon a time the jaguars had two solid rushing RB's....i dont see why people dont think that is possible.

Back to top Go down
Singapore Slings

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:06 am

Once upon a time the jaguars had two solid rushing RB's....i dont see why people dont think that is possible.

good post

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:45 am

Once upon a time the Jags made the playoffs - I don't think that's possible... Laughing

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Once upon a time the Jags made the playoffs - I don't think that's possible... Laughing

I am hard pressed to believe you genuinely feel that way.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:28 am

Atlanta Africans wrote:

ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:24 am

Quote :
Jacksonville Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew (leg) was carted off the field in Week 7 after suffering an apparent leg injury.

Rashad Jennings will be a hot pickup next week depending on the severity of the injury. "It was a routine tackle, it just got rolled up," Jones-Drew said after the game. "It didn't feel right so I didn't want to go out there and hurt our team if I'm not feeling right. I'm just waiting until we get to Jacksonville to figure out what we're going to do."

Jennings take two.

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:27 pm

MJD already ruled out for Week 8 and will be out for an "extended period."

This is exactly why the Jags didn't extend him. I'm hearing rumblings of Lis Franc.

Back to top Go down
Utah Spazz

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 pm

Now they really are an EXTRA shitty team

Back to top Go down
http://www.fakeplastictunes.com/
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:33 pm

Fuck. My. Life.

It better be like a 3 weeker or summat.

reaction

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Quote :
Coach Mike Mularkey said that the Jaguars have not ruled out the possibility that Jones-Drew has a Lisfranc (foot) injury, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Analysis: With Jones-Drew's playing status beyond Week 8 (for which he is already ruled out) murky and reserve back Montell Owens banged up, it looks like the Jaguars may be forced to add some running back depth in the coming days.

Back to top Go down
Omega City Legends

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:45 pm

Quote :
Coach Mike Mularkey said that the Jaguars have not ruled out the possibility that Jones-Drew has a Lisfranc (foot) injury, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.

Analysis: With Jones-Drew's playing status beyond Week 8 (for which he is already ruled out) murky and reserve back Montell Owens banged up, it looks like the Jaguars may be forced to add some running back depth in the coming days.

Kevin Smith? vote yes

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET   

Back to top Go down

Maurice Jones-Drew RB RET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Player talk-
Jump to: