x
x
x
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
x

Share | 

NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:03 pm

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2016/REG13

The Browns and Titans are on bye in week 13 this year. WTF?

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:27 pm

that aint right!!

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Fortunately its the browns and the titans ROTFLMAO

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:44 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
Fortunately its the browns and the titans ROTFLMAO

Come on this could seriously impact the consolation bracket

Back to top Go down
Titletown Tyrants

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:55 pm

Well I know I probably won't make the playoffs this year, but if I did and Murray panned out well, I would be pissed if I didn't have him for that week.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:56 pm

I have Walker so I agree it is a real issue

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:02 pm

Wish I knew wtf the NFL was thinking there...why not week 15 while you're at it...or week 17?

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:03 pm

Atlanta Africans wrote:
I have Walker so I agree it is a real issue

good post

Back to top Go down
Minnesota Eternals

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:04 pm

...and yet they still have two weeks with 6 teams on bye...so weak.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:21 pm

Crazy that neither of these teams really have a standout IDP. I'm sure one will creep up for each by this time. This is really crap work by the NFL. They should know damn well this game is the only reason under the sun football is so popular.

Back to top Go down
Devils Tower Outlaws

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:49 am

For fucks sake, this is fucking horseshit... Mad

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:50 am

Yeah - no teams on bye in week 12 and 2 in week 13. Idiots.

end it

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:14 am

England Dragons wrote:
Yeah - no teams on bye in week 12 and 2 in week 13. Idiots.

end it

This is the part that confuses me the most... Why skip week 12 as a bye and then use 13?

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:17 am

I guess that the NFL wanted to have every team play in week 12.  But this shows a complete lack of understanding of fantasy football by the NFL.  I know that they don't have to run their operations to satisfy us but it's a huge demographic that they need to service.  It's the reason why NFL teams are rushing to get Redzone into NFL stadiums and showing extended stats from other games.

Back to top Go down
Tarpon Springs RedKnights

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:20 am

Why does everyone get so worked up over it? Fantasy Football is in big part a fun game of some skill and a lot of luck, this is just part of the "luck" factor. I love screwy bye weeks it's just another obstacle we need to overcome as owners. Nothing to fix here league wise just a management issue. Just do what I do have a huge depth chart and plenty of WBs to pick up ww guys and you are fine.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:21 am

Tarpon Springs RedKnights wrote:
Why does everyone get so worked up over it? Fantasy Football is in big part a fun game of some skill and a lot of luck, this is just part of the "luck" factor. I love screwy bye weeks it's just another obstacle we need to overcome as owners. Nothing to fix here league wise just a management issue. Just do what I do have a huge depth chart and plenty of WBs to pick up ww guys and you are fine.  

so says the guy that won't be in the playoffs ...

Back to top Go down
Littleton SilverBallers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:21 am

Wow this is crazy!  When I first saw the schedule I didn't even realize they had teams going to week 13 for byes?  Wonder if the NFL is out to get us fantasy football players?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:22 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

neither will you snooklepoop.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:25 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:

I see a wager here.  The Redknights were 3-9 last year while the Slings slumped into the finish at 2-10.  $20 on who finishes better?  I'll spot you 1.5 games.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:31 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
Bergen Brawlers wrote:

I see a wager here.  The Redknights were 3-9 last year while the Slings slumped into the finish at 2-10.  $20 on who finishes better?  I'll spot you 1.5 games.

I accept your terms here, especially the spotting me 1.5! Put it on the board my little buddy!

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:34 am

wager posted.

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:20 am

Is that wager open for other owners to take too?

mischieveous

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:50 am

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
Is that wager open for other owners to take too?

mischieveous

Sure! pick a side either mine or Bergen and if you think Bergen will win with the specified terms I will gladly take more people on :)

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:57 am

I'd take some extra action on my side as well.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:46 pm

There might be a BIG issue. Regular season scoring records for progressive pot payouts. It is designed that every player has a bye and only plays 11 games over our 12 weeks. Now there are guys on two teams that will play 12 games in 12 weeks gaining a distinct advantage in that area....

rules

Do we leave this be????

shrug

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:55 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:

There might be a BIG issue.  Regular season scoring records for progressive pot payouts.  It is designed that every player has a bye and only plays 11 games over our 12 weeks.  Now there are guys on two teams that will play 12 games in 12 weeks gaining a distinct advantage in that area....

rules

Do we leave this be????

shrug

We got a year to address that issue -- I don't see any Browns or Titans players breaking any scoring records.

But this is an issue.  However, I would hope that this is an oversight and that the NFL will not be doing this ever again.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:59 pm

I am not sure I feel good about that...Best to have a plan in place.

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:55 pm

I haven't played in other leagues for a long time now... But I think most fantasy leagues playoffs are weeks 14-16 so we're pretty likely in the minority.
For the player records... Maybe first 11 weeks or last 11 weeks?

Back to top Go down
North Wales Knights

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:00 am

A plan is being discussed in another league that I'll float here.  The commish proposed that we override the schedule and make the Browns and Titans have bye on Week 12. They may not be played that week, however whatever they score in Week 12 will be carried over to Week 13.

Obviously, it's not ideal bc those owners will know their players' "Week 13" performance a week ahead of time and plan accordingly, but it's probably the best way I've heard to handle a pretty crappy situation.

Back to top Go down
Kane County Goon Squad

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:28 am

yeah i've heard that too - maybe you should have to declare who you will be starting ahead of time

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:58 pm

Kane County Goon Squad wrote:
yeah i've heard that too - maybe you should have to declare who you will be starting ahead of time

That's actually not a bad idea

Back to top Go down
Mohawk Ridge Marauders

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:29 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

Barring injury anyway.

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Mohawk Ridge Marauders wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Barring injury anyway.  

That was my fear. You do not start a player and your other option goes down that week... Not liking this at all. Play straight up for lineup roles is fine, it is our payouts that have me thinking.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:

Barring injury anyway.  

I don't understand

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:07 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Barring injury anyway.  

I don't understand

I have Rodgers, Luck and Mariota as my QBs. Under normal circumstances I would not think I would need to claim I was starting Mariota for week 12 BEFORE the week 11 games. However, if during the week 11 games Luck tears his vagina and will be out week 12 then under this rule I still cannot use Mariota's week 11 points for week 12. I would have however if I knew Luck was going down.

Why go through all this. Just play the players the week they play. Bye weeks fall as they may....

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:32 pm

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Barring injury anyway.  

I don't understand

I have Rodgers, Luck and Mariota as my QBs.  Under normal circumstances I would not think I would need to claim I was starting Mariota for week 12 BEFORE the week 11 games.  However, if during the week 11 games Luck tears his vagina and will be out week 12 then under this rule I still cannot use Mariota's week 11 points for week 12. I would have however if I knew Luck was going down.  

Why go through all this.  Just play the players the week they play.  Bye weeks fall as they may....  

I think I'm still not understanding. Can we use week 13 as the example since that's what is happening this time?

Are you saying that you don't want the option of playing Mariota in week 13, because Luck might get hurt in week 12?

Back to top Go down
San Francisco Golddiggers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:48 pm

I think the concern is that declaring a week 13 starter before week 12 opens the door for complaints about injury. E.g. I choose not to declare Mariota for week 13. Then my only QB gets hurt in week 12. Normally I'd start Mariota but now I can't. Or opposite. I declare Mariota and he's a late scratch in Week 12.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:31 pm

That sounds kinda picky. Skip out on an option that might benefit you, because you might get frustrated that the benefit didn't work out. shrug

Don't put frosting on the cake, because I might not be able to taste the frosting. Evil laugh

Back to top Go down
Norfolk Bombers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:17 pm

Morrison Minions wrote:
That sounds kinda picky. Skip out on an option that might benefit you, because you might get frustrated that the benefit didn't work out. shrug

Don't put frosting on the cake, because I might not be able to taste the frosting. Evil laugh

Or eat the cake the week you make it instead of making a cake and waiting a week to eat it...

Did I just make a Shawn analogy???? Neutral

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:27 pm

My personal thought is that I hate what the NFL did but I don't think that there is anything that can be done about it. We are in the middle of RFA, have the NFL draft, and, overall, have 8 months to get our rosters in order. I think that it's something that we have to factor for, just as we did when the NFL put Julio against Josh Norman in many fantasy finals. While I think that there are proposals that may work, we start to approach a slippery slope -- should we allow for substitutions for all bye weeks just because week 11's games are important also?

The same is true when the NFL puts both your QBs on bye in the same week. What do you do? If possible, you make a trade to minimize the burden of the NFL schedule.

Simply, if you have Mariotta and RGIII and plan on starting them in week 13, you should start looking at other options and set your roster accordingly.

Back to top Go down
Morrison Minions

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:33 am

Norfolk Bombers wrote:
Morrison Minions wrote:

Or eat the cake the week you make it instead of making a cake and waiting a week to eat it...  

Did I just make a Shawn analogy????   Neutral

That'd be a crusty ass cake.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:45 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
My personal thought is that I hate what the NFL did but I don't think that there is anything that can be done about it.  We are in the middle of RFA, have the NFL draft, and, overall, have 8 months to get our rosters in order.  I think that it's something that we have to factor for, just as we did when the NFL put Julio against Josh Norman in many fantasy finals.  While I think that there are proposals that may work, we start to approach a slippery slope -- should we allow for substitutions for all bye weeks just because week 11's games are important also?

The same is true when the NFL puts both your QBs on bye in the same week.  What do you do?  If possible, you make a trade to minimize the burden of the NFL schedule.

Simply, if you have Mariotta and RGIII and plan on starting them in week 13, you should start looking at other options and set your roster accordingly.

good post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:53 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
My personal thought is that I hate what the NFL did but I don't think that there is anything that can be done about it.  We are in the middle of RFA, have the NFL draft, and, overall, have 8 months to get our rosters in order.  I think that it's something that we have to factor for, just as we did when the NFL put Julio against Josh Norman in many fantasy finals.  While I think that there are proposals that may work, we start to approach a slippery slope -- should we allow for substitutions for all bye weeks just because week 11's games are important also?

The same is true when the NFL puts both your QBs on bye in the same week.  What do you do?  If possible, you make a trade to minimize the burden of the NFL schedule.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:08 am

Yeah I don't really think there's much we can do about the lineups for that week. To Dave's point about the season long records being impacted, if there is somehow a Brown or Titan in contention for it at the end of the season maybe we just take their average PPG and subtract one from their total? so only use 12/13 of their score so that it is only 12 weeks from each player going for the record. Or we could just do nothing and hope it all works out.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:05 am

I think in terms of season long RW records, you absolutely have to include the week 13 scores from the players who have a week 12 bye. I think that's a pretty easy and obvious choice to make.

I think Russ nailed it in regards to how we handle week 12 & 13 from a picking your line-up POV. It's just bad luck. Thankfully - apart from some IDPs - the two team affected this year aren't too bad. Next year it could be Patriots and Steelers or something like that. Again, it would be the same rules apply (tough luck, get on with it) but just could matter a whole lot more.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Philadelphia Pigskins

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:10 am

England Dragons wrote:
I think in terms of season long RW records, you absolutely have to include the week 13 scores from the players who have a week 12 bye. I think that's a pretty easy and obvious choice to make.

The issue is that there are no week 12 byes this year. There are week 13 byes. So if we are using weeks 1-12 for our records, CLE/TEN players will have 12 weeks of points, where everyone else has 11 weeks of points.

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:20 am

I think that we just roll with what we have. Trade for those guys if you think that it makes sense. Players can get traded and gain an extra week and we don't account for that. One you go ppg you get into issues where a guy who could have played 12 weeks gets injured and only plays 11. It's a quirk but this is a fake game anyway.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Africans

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:28 am

Bergen Brawlers wrote:
I think that we just roll with what we have. Trade for those guys if you think that it makes sense. Players can get traded and gain an extra week and we don't account for that. One you go ppg you get into issues where a guy who could have played 12 weeks gets injured and only plays 11.  It's a quirk but this is a fake game anyway.

Russ sorry I don't agree, your perspective makes sense from a matchup PoV but not for records that lead to payouts over multiple seasons
Surely we just take the first 11 weeks of the season for Browns and Titans and week 12 doesn't count for them

Back to top Go down
Bergen Brawlers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:37 am

I'm okay with that but we should address whether we count all weeks for a player who misses a game to injury.

Back to top Go down
England Dragons

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:40 pm

Philadelphia Pigskins wrote:
England Dragons wrote:

The issue is that there are no week 12 byes this year.  There are week 13 byes.  So if we are using weeks 1-12 for our records, CLE/TEN players will have 12 weeks of points, where everyone else has 11 weeks of points.

Sorry - got that the wrong way around. If the season long RW records are based on weeks 1-12 and therefore 11 weeks worth of points per player, don't we just stop players individual scores after their team has played 11 games? So this year, Browns and Titans player's scores stop after week 11 for the season long records?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?   

Back to top Go down

NFL Bye weeks - is this an issue we should discuss?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roster Wars :: The Roster Wars Clubhouse :: Main RW Lobby-
Jump to: